Posts by Yaita

The all mighty p2w topic. We are not gonna remove those stats. People paid for it and we also offer a lot of options to get some free stuff (also in FP).

Exept these stats destroy amazing maps like st-1. You don't need to remove them though because of:

I still feel like the best way to go is just to have stat disabled option like the TD pass mode. Most ppl probably won't even use it anyway but at least you will have a good reason to say that the game is not p2w when it is optional. And the ppl with high stats items can still use their gear in both type of rooms anyway.

^this please

Yeah right, fix it!
    Why are people allowed to walk around in the open with melees and not get shot? Must be a bug

No. Tbh specs is unlikely since so many experience it (and it holds for Ryzen 2nd Gen)

What I call you out for is acting arrogantly towards someone working out how it can be done (and it works for some people as you see) and who is sharing it with the community.

You weren't simply saying it wouldn't work for you. You were saying that this 100% doesn't work "in any way".

You aren't everyone, calm your ego. I was just making fun of you, where I possibly should have told you what I did now in the first place.

My apologies (I am not making fun this time)

Well you said you can 100% confirm that Hella's approach wouldn't work yet we have 2 people to whom it does work.

Since you didn't give any information on anything useful whatsoever I just made an assumption and seem to have hit the mark.

If you really play S4 online via pen&paper you don't need to complain about crashes imo

The workaround Hella mentions holds true for my free time experiment#2 (Xeon X5670 on 12GB DDR3) even in its older version where an I7 920 leads 6GB of DDR3.

I like this one in particular but if it happens it probably will be payed and expensive.

But anyway, I am sure even existing rewards could do the trick. Getting it implemented is probably going to be the hardest thing.

The idea came from my fumbi-shop-filled inventory. I think highstat for 10 matches played like that is kinda fair. If you want to make a push from pen to FP this would take 20 matches still, which is a bit of a grind (numbers could change anyway).

The combination of these would allow for more style- and skin-diversity (everyone has premstats these days, so I don't see why not). It is stylish esper shooting sports after all.

(The idea was not without egoistic incentive: My inventory is filled with cool items from fumbi-shop-times, but many of them either don't have the stats ( i'd prefer either pen or FP, but e.g +3 weapons are just strange), the cool skins i'd want them to have or the time (quite a few items on x hrs). My inventory has so much potential for style that i cannot use to its potential as it stands, and my bet would be yours and other player's too. - Also this would allow to cast the perm-trnsformation on new randomshop items as well, which i'd find very cool)

I think you are right about that existing rewards could do, to me though, this has more potential (if they are confident in the coding)

Just throwing in a few ideas what these rewards could look like:

Duration coin: Use a coin to increase the duration of any non-perm-item by 1 day, 3 coins for +7day, 10 coins for +30days or use a stack of 30 coins (arbitrary number - let's say the average match takes 20 mins this would be 600 mins or 10hrs of playtime) on any item to make its duration "permanent".

Stat coin (since we won't get rid of this anytime soon anyway): Use a coin to permanently increase an item's stat by 1 (up to AP). Use a stack of 10 coins to upgrade from AP to FP-stats.

Copy coin: Use a stack 3 of this on any permanent item in your posession to gain a permanent pen-stat (no enchants or chips) copy of said item.

Reskin-coin: Use a stack of 5 of this to permanently change the skin of your item (within its possible skin-pool of course)

(if implemented add an option to lock and unlock items concerning this coin system)

Could be implemented as a whole where you can choose a coin at the end of a match or just in parts - 1 coin/match

Problem: Can be farmed-> probably needs additional requirements to prevent farming (might not even matter at this point)

Problem2: Might not be the best idea to add yet more currencies to the game

//There might be more, problems, but this is what comes to my mind spontaneously

I'll take this as a suggestion too since I have been asked to collect all possible ideas and suggestions from the community.

Since you are so eager:

The idea is perhaps more than 8 years old, but let's give it a try: A 6-player round-based BR ( 2pts/kill + 1pt/assist + n points where your death is the n-th of the round up to the last survivor - time limit arbitrary) on Circle ( I know this is more than just adding a map to an existing mode, but rather a different version of the mode. Also delete the platforms that you spawn on on Circle, we have spawn protection nowadays)

I was wondering the same considering these weapons are rather new but hey, not everyone is here since 10 years.

Storm bat patch 1! Not old school enough.

(yes, i know I am not funny)

I like how diverse the comments are thus far. From seeing the same weapons on every striker every match with a few exeptions I didn't expect that.

no weapon is bad or as you say (Cancer). The weapons were created to be used and enjoyed, I hope everyone enjoys the weapons of the game and never let themselves be guided by bad comments.

Sometimes restricting has a reason. Let me give you the most extreme example we've had thus far: The boots on release alongside their collection bonus; you could use the sprint 4 times in succession (and iirc that was on hp mastery), but well, enough offtopic

gun: SMG: high damage on low-midrange, fixed spray pattern. Burst obligation (which is a weakpoint) that can be outsynergized by shield.

melee: Revo: Revo-shield is my sword in DM. Fixed spray pattern, big damage, again synergy with shield

No, it got demolished by sharp, the moment that came out. With an easily superior shooting mechanic and stronger zoom (fair enough, reducing the view makes that vulnerable) the RG didn't have much chance of moving out of cover much.

Imo the biggest problem is the increasing tankiness of people. It had been a thing shooting people once with a fully charged RG with the wallsmash killing them ( no hp mastery ). The high charge time and bad shooting mechanic just made it not worth the time considering its damage output just before its change, where this wasn't even close to happening anymore.

The smash was absolutely ridiculus at the time. Keep in mind that at the time, rifles didn't have damage falloff on range. Since this has changed, there would possibly be some hope for the old RG (still'd need a slight buff imo).

It already managed to kill Chaser mode completely.

Even if they can't revert it, it should be possible to make it close enough to the old version or at least nerf it enough so the game can be playable again.

I still can't believe they took a completely balanced weapon that no one ever complained about and ruined it with such changes.

Yeah considering the old shooting mechanic, they could possibly take that from the canno and hasten the pre- and past-shot timings a bit ( at least i think the canno is slower in both regards when compared to the old RG), that should get them close enough.

Disagree about the comment on balance. RG was barely used and for good reason. It just couldn't keep up with the popular weapons.

The remake was not a good improvement anyway

Why shouldn't they be able to revert it? Every bigger software project uses a version control system. And these systems provide easy methods to revert former changes.

But as unlimited player I'd like to see the old rg, too. The new one is just annoying cause it literally has auto-aim and no cooldown.

^this @ version

bs @auto-aim and no cooldown. First, there is no autoaim in that.

charged: Pre-shot-time has been significantly reduced but is still there (and remarkable in comparison to an already zoomed sharp)

The reduced post-shot-cd is a thing. I mean it doesn't matter if you play shield or bind alongsideit anyway, but i am fine with weapons and skills synergizing like that.

In any case, there is no way around the pre-shot-time.

@topic

The most complaints i see ingame are because of the new uncharged and the long slow time, and I really agree to those ( even though I only ever see the uncharged as the victim for i am not capable of hitting that).

I'd rather have it back to a blow on highcharge, taken out the slow, but leaving in its standard disruption effect in any case.

Changing back the shooting mechanic would imo deserve a damage upgrade for it was quite weak before its change.

If leaving the shooting mechanic as is, maybe increase the possible max charge time (with dmg scaling respectively), have the blow only on high or max charge, else only disruption and get rid of the uncharged (left click only) attack or at least take away its blow, giving it disruption.

Both versions of railgun have their problems and would need being updated.

Sadly, considering for how long thebalance suggestion thread exists and for how long nothing happened in that regard, I don't have much hope for it being changed soon. My hope remains that they gain control over the everything and be able to one day have balance patches again (and probably in quicker and more senseful succession)

Economy-wise:

You can take the chance if you make it up to half a million pen (if you already have permanent clothing top, bottom, boots and gloves) and go for the shiny chips (eSper-chips in the shop). It is chance based if you get them all to level 5, my estimate so far (at about 16 chips) is ~100k pen/chip.

Careful, there are 2 kinds of top-chips, but you only need one (I recommend you take the reloadspeed+ chip).

The point is, if you have the lv 5 shiny-chips for top,bottom, gloves and shoes, you put them into the clothing you wan't to play with (that's why you take permanent clothing for this) you get a 50% chance of getting Pen on kill. This is limited to 3k pen/match and 30k pen /day, but it makes the further progress much better.

From there on, you can, if you save your pen, buy I-capsules in stacks of 30 (which has reduced cost/capsule) to get weapons and more clothing if you like (not that these will not carry the esper-chips you used. If you want that, you need to make another set of chips), or go to the randomshop.

For the capsules: There are booster-capsules from which you get the booster-items (you need to activate those) that increase the chance of getting permanent items from capsules for a set duration. It is worth saving a lot of stacks of capsules, then activating a booster item (there are different ones: x1.5 , x2,x3,x4 and a 100% booster if i didn't miss any) then opening the capsules with the increased chance. The 100% booster is a 1time-use that guarantees a perm in the next capsule (this goes for most normal capsules)

Gameplay-wise

Death-match:

Just play it, you will eventually get familiar with the maps (escape routes, walljumps, places to avoid etc.), the weapons (spray patterns, mag-size, damage etc.) and so on.

Touch down:

The fum_bi is the object of highest importance in this mode. it streams a colorful beam of light in the air above so you can keep track of its position.

Example: the opponent's have the attack ( aka carry the fum_bi) -> you should not be at the opposite side of the map if your equipment is not specifically made for it to be like that.

Any mode:

Don't let people's flaming get into your head, just try getting used to the game, try out weapons.

Submachine gun, smash rifle and assault rifle are good and easy to use in many situations. I recommend getting used to at least one of them early on. If you try to master turret or cannonade first, this will just get you frustrated. There are many weapons in between, ijust think that the 3 rifles listed above are somewhat easy to get started with.

Techniques:

You can try and discover them yourself, ask people or you can search for tutorials for them. ( I always wanted to make a series of short vidoes regarding those, but i never find the time)

example: the revolver has a high delay after shot where you can't use your evade moves. Shoot then activating shield (shift, while you have the skill shield equipped) allows you to dodge, skipping said delay. (this technique can also break the 4-bullet-burst-obligation from the smg)

Hello there,

this only happened recently to me. I haven't been online for about a week or so.

As of today (this has happened 3 times within half an hour) s4 starts freezing midmatch, windows tells me, the application doesn't answer back, and the process dies after about 10 seconds.

Has this occured to anyone?

Neither GPU nor CPU are even close to operating at full capacity. RAM was (with chrome) at 9/16GB.

Any ideas?

^Display more

I understood that.

Choices here: Make a cut and let the 80s start at the same position ( the ones with 38M exp just the same as the ones with 7M exp). Or use the exp gained so far as progress within the new system.

That is what i was talking about.

That kind of overhaul would not prevent farming though, would it?

I have been S4 rank for a long time now. Often I also see lots of players that have become S4 nowadays.

In my opinion it would be much more fun to reintroduce the S1, S2 and S3 ranks after the Pro rank.

Agreed. It just feels so stale.

I think this seems like a cool way to change the ranking system in S4 League. Maybe there could be some unique costumes or other rewards when you get to the different S1, S2, S3 ranks. Like the Master set you get from combi levels.

I'd be fine with the old one, but this is a good one too.

As for people who are already rank 80. What if they stayed rank 80, and got all the rewards from the earlier levels if they introduced a new ranking system.

I don't like this one. There are people who invested far more playtime than others (I guess, when it comes to the "long term" S4s, I am on the low end).

If you keep exp-gain the same, some people should definitely start higher up.

If they give special sets for certain levels, they could make it so S4 gets way out of our reach ( the system we have now had its goal so easily reachable) and over time develop said sets.

Considering COMN: I'd like to see exp unfarmable but how can that be achieved?

Just out of curiosity: https://ibb.co/xsBbcPc

Is that you?

If so, you're very well part of the game dying. Farmers and toxics like that are terrible people who aren't helping the game in any way. So please.. glass house..

If not, please do ignore this post.