Posts by MikuruX

I miss this old times.

Wow....those bring back some fond memories and it even shows my the posts I kept up with during my tenure with Alaplaya. Good times....

I'll make this brief then....

The name is MikuruX and my signature pretty much sums up who I am. I guess I stopped actually playing back in 2013 but I lurk the forums about 5 times a year and the game like 1 time a year just to see how things have or haven't progressed......be it good or bad. I'm mostly critical of everything about the game as of late but that's a subject for another time as I'm sure someone makes it a habit of pointing it out every time I want to talk BS about the game. Other than that, I spend my time playing other games, streaming, drawing, web designing, and planning events such as fighting game tournaments for locals and conventions.

I am definitely not expecting content quality as the old dev team but doesn't aeria also have another game that got abandoned by its devs and they took the development?

If they did, I'm unaware of it as the other games are of no concern to me. What they do with them is their own thing as with S4 League but since I have history with this game being localized in the beginning, it concerns me in the direction it has went.

One of the main things you all need to keep in mind:

"Aeria Games is not a game development company.......their a publisher first before anything else. The fact that they didn't start creating a dedicated game development division for instances way before the acquisition of the S4 League property rights like this shows their lack of readiness to handle such a task as game development when they can't even keep their community satisfied with their upkeep of their licensed games or properties."

This is why you should lower your expectations of them doing a noteworthy job to "0" so that way, you won't be hurt when your expectations get crushed for them not following through on their job or "promises." I feel like a parrot repeating the same drivel over and over again but hey, it has to be said.

about this,can there be a mode in the future that just allows chatting and casual duels among each other?sometimes i just want to chill and i dont even care abt xp or pen.just a suggestion for ppl who just like to chill in game

I've been stating for years to no avail that if they want to rid the game of chill rooms to stop players from gaining EXP in a way they are not meant to get it, they should make a open lobby mode (kinda like how Freejack Online does) where players can make free lobbies to practice jumps, shoot & bash people as freely as they want to train without all the problems of people gaining ill-gained EXP. But hey, what do I know, I'm just some former Alaplaya GM who has some experience in game design. <_<

With less than 1k players active at the same time daily, that's how it'll end. Not pushing that to the actual devs but they have gotten a pretty rusty game on their hands to work with and i kinda feel bad for them.

To be honest, I don't feel bad for them at all. All the signs of a dying game was there in plain view for them to see and yet they waited to till the last frickin minute to buy the rights to a dead horse hoping to use the necronomicon to bring it back to life.

Now all their left with is a game with a possible riddled game coding so complicated or confusing (or both) that it's going on almost a half a year for them to bring something out and you would think GameOn would have gave them some tech notes to help ease the transition but that doesn't seem to be the case (prove me wrong someone). Not only that, now they have to get people who are not only good at coding & engineering the game system & servers but also content creators to help create & rig models into content for the game. First and foremost, Aeria is a publisher.....not a game development company so I highly doubt they had those kinds of people on hand after the S4 acquisition cause....ya know.....the buying of rights of S4 League had to been planned months ahead of time since they must have known about the KR server shutdown way before it was made public (they had to, Neowiz has to inform all right owners of what could possibly become a total closure of all S4 League servers when the KR server shuts down cause they'll be moving all of their game development resources away from it meaning no more content or work is being done). During that time, they've had ample amount of time to construct a small game development team of competent people able to do such work.

But again, I'm not Aeria (nor do I wish to be a part of it) so I don't know what they have going on in the background so I can only go off experience and speculation.

So Aeria owns all of S4 and are in control of the updates.....

Lord, let's see how this train wreck is going to end. <_<

Cosmetic changes to a game does not make a game worth coming back to....well, I guess that depends on whom you talk to. Core gameplay and actually playing the game for a bit are a deciding factor if a game is worth coming back into. Pretty much, take everyone's word with at face value and go into the game yourself and see how you like it. If you enjoy it, then it was worth coming back to. If not, then it wasn't.....simple as that.

Probably would have been better if you guys went with Invision Power Board as your forum system in stead due to some reasons:

• Hard to read text due to the transparent forum background mixed with the background image in general and conflicting color choices
    • Ugly UI

I understand that this is a new system but you would think this stuff would have been tested and debated upon before implementing it. Just saying. <_<