• We all know why the game is actually dead, the 10.000 players won't come back that easily because, you got only forum events, let's be serious, more than 5 people will see those events, or either the anouncement on the starterpatch won't work that good. We all know hat Aeria did, i don't blame the "company" for those what happened, removing channels, banning countries, etcetera.

Let's start with the beggining, 2009.

First time i've joined the game was a bit sour, I didn't have any ideea of what i've been doing, playing, having fun, because there was weapons who actually look terrifying good, Alaplaya knew how to mentain the entertainment at a high level, new offers, ingame event, not some kind of bullsh** like gs hunt, spring gs hunt, what the f&&& is wrong with you? Are you a company for using construction theories in a good game? Actually it makes me think that is there any company called Aeria, or other things like that. I won't mention the support help, because is actually really good, you have a problem? in 24hours is fixed, until you lost an account or something, but back to the point. In 2009, I've meet the game via a banner on a website, actually, i saw the website, it looks stupid to me, and I thought i wasn t a good game, but after 1 week, searching via mmohut, mmorph dot com, saw a game, explained third anime stylish shooter, kinda interesting to me, I joined, saw the same game like a week ago, download it, started to play, it was really good, my first map, yea, I don't think everybody knows, or remember OldMoon, playing with a counter-strike sword, it was funny, the second map!? Yeshh ! Rustygarden, good maps, that got removed after the new company took the lead. I don't suggest that they removed them for some kind of reasons or something. Back to the point. 2010 - Summer Time, kinda hot everybody knew that, Alaplaya give us a bit of entertaiment via shop, but not only shopping, SummerIngameEvent, via box, coins, it was really awesome, for each player to win something from their time playing this game and their adorated maps, actually if i remember, the big box was the SexySummer Set(M)/(F), yes, good memories.Alice2

But let's keep going, each year, summer, christmas, halloween, the new year, they upgraded not only the shop, they gave us somethin' to play for, ingame items via ingameevents, that bring over 10.000 players from all the Europe, Asia, Africa, nd actually USA, every country was interested in this game, even if it was a few people, what's my point here? They had a good publicity of the game, banners, registering the game via games'sites, what we don't have today? Are those things ! Ingame events? Anycompany that develops or entertain games have their own workers, that know how to fix, edit, add and rollback-up the games, what do you have? Only the rollback-up things. If everything is wrong, bad, or bad-working? We roll'back a save, that's how we fix it. That's you, in 2016-2018.

Back to the point, a lot of time passed, we are in 2016, Alaplaya sold the game to Aeria, I'm not saying that it wasn't a good choice, ok? Everybody does whatever they want when it's about an amount of money, but actually I don't blame the company for the bad evolution of the game, like an idea, you could roll 1 server with multiple channels for each countries, the maximum players per channel would be 3.000, that was a good idea. But everybody complained about lag, lag!? Is the best enemy of all the games. Even in 2018, all the games are sick of it, why? There's no lag. Is just the distance, or the week connection that your internetcompany provides you. Not everybody has the luck to have a good internet. Back to the point, if you kept reading this thread, you'll understand why !?

The 10.000 players dissapeared like poof, there's nothing like banning regions or those kind of things, how many people could come from outside?? 2.000?

What about the rest? No entertainment via ingame? Why should I play anymore? I got all I need, why do I need the old sets on the ingame shop, if they re not even updated at 1 week, that's how a gamer thinks, if there's no new things, there's no fun in playing anymore.Why we're at almost 2015 players on free days like Sunday, Friday? Because we have our germans, less or more, all the turks(Which I don't want to mention, they're lagging more than Asians, Egyptions, is not about their distance, they lag because their game is running too fast in terms of actions, and other players are moving for them more slowly thant we normally should, but we're actually more fastly than them, that's the actually definition of their lag, I don't say that they should quit the game, they're good players, as we all are), people that are even using VPN's to play this game, people from Egypt, Asia, Thailand, other countries from Europe, like Hungary, Russia, Romania, but those outsiders, like latin people, SouthAmerica, etc. They all are good players, good costumers, we spend our time, our resources into this game, but we don't have any gain, we want new maps, new items, new website, new ingame events, and I'm not talking about forum events, what you do every week, is harsh, if you do 1 event, how many people can participate at it? 500? What about that other 1500? If you read all this article, you'll understand that what im suggesting here, is new people that know how to work on games, that could actually fix all the problems the game have. I m not saying that Alaplaya, Aeria didn't do a good job, yes they did, but we need something new. We were waiting almost 2 years, and all we got was forum events. Waiting for your answer, and I know that all the game-masters, and "developers" do all the things in their free time, they re not asigned to work only on this game. Is their free choice either or not, the game will reach in 1year, or 2 less than 500 players at the highest moments of the week. We all know what will happen or it already happened!? if you don't even trying.(As an exemple of trying!? The new breaker, great job, you can do more, like 10 weapons that are not related to any season of this game in a month.) Thank you for your time, taking to read this thread right now is a pain, but it actually helps you to understand what happened with the real game.

Cheers.Alice4

• Servers, Lags, population, events, stuff etc.

Those will change over time. With the good news from PM Letter.

We can only wait and be paitence. (patience is virtue)

The staff of this game are trying to do something with little resource they had. (can't blame them)

Taking over the game development isn't really easy. They're still learning and forming a team.

Once they all get settle. They will keep there word and bring us big news. (hopefully)

The game may be a little dead but..

30757ea459ed8adfb8ecada1d0ad1a70089397ff_hq.jpg

• Took me alot of courage and some time to get throught this text but I managed to read it all. Somehow ...

And yet I am sitting here and wondering why I don't get the point of this thread.

The things you wrote ... Everybody knows this. Aeria knows this but I can see that you blame the publishers for this. (or you don't as you wrote, whatever)

Do you realize that Aeria just took over the development and that the game had different developers untill now? You can't expect changes in one week. Or in one month. The game will gain new players, the game will move forward, There will be events, there will be new maps, new seasons, new content, they just can't do it from one day to another.

I believe, Aeria as a publisher and developer at the same time, will do the best to make the game good and fun as it was an years ago.

• You clearly don't even know what you're talking about.

Rusty Garden did not exist in 2009. It can not have been your second map.

Alaplaya didn't sell S4 to Aeria. Alaplaya was bought by ProSiebenSat1-Games, so PSG now published (!) S4. Developer was still NeowizOn (called GameOn back then).

Then ProSiebenSat1-Games also bought Aeria and they decided to focus all their games under the name Aeria and on their website. That's why S4 moved again. Developer still was NeowizOn. Only now Aeria took over the development. And the devs don't do this in their free time. The only volunteer are the current GMs. Everyone else is getting paid.

• I come from the time of pentavision where the players did not care who had lag, we just thought about playing the largest amount of points and obviously make touch down, the time you had to spam to enter the Spanish server because everyone wanted to go there Latins ,Americans, spanish Germans etc. all Europe concentrated on the Spanish server we all wanted to play, over time they were focusing on things that do not make sense that it is annoying to play with someone lag, but that never matters to the pentavision generation the only thing that bothers me of aeria games is that the 21st century comes to a company to put ip ban players who are paying for your game and buy ap in each event, I do not know who the marketing manager of this company or in this case the manager to have I took that decision, but the only thing that is clear to me is that they lost a lot of money when they put the IP ban into countries

PD: It's unfortunate to see that all the private servers of s4 league have more people than the original

• I come from the time of pentavision where the players did not care who had lag, we just thought about playing the largest amount of points and obviously make touch down, the time you had to spam to enter the Spanish server because everyone wanted to go there Latins ,Americans, spanish Germans etc. all Europe concentrated on the Spanish server we all wanted to play, over time they were focusing on things that do not make sense that it is annoying to play with someone lag, but that never matters to the pentavision generation the only thing that bothers me of aeria games is that the 21st century comes to a company to put ip ban players who are paying for your game and buy ap in each event, I do not know who the marketing manager of this company or in this case the manager to have I took that decision, but the only thing that is clear to me is that they lost a lot of money when they put the IP ban into countries

PD: It's unfortunate to see that all the private servers of s4 league have more people than the original

They were forced to ban countries by GameOn. Likewise, GameOn refused to sell them the licenses for those area's based on... Really who knows? I know originally NA was suppose to go to Neowiz, but alaplaya somehow got the license instead, so it could have simply been immaturity that it happened as such, or it could be something to do with support issues (Like having no one on staff that speaks <Insert language here> for <Insert language here> speaking countries, or not having a <Insert language here> forum)

• Although so many things in this thread are so wrong, you're right about two things:

1. There should be more events that take place in game, rather than having all the events take place on the forum.

2. They should update the shop more often.

• I'm gonna be critic here. You CAN'T compare the point of the game at 2009. That was almost 10 years ago, dude. A lot of things changed in general. Seriously, this game had regular graphics back then, imagine now. Apart, the comunity isn't helping, but seriously, have patience. We can do nothing but wait now.

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• I'm gonna be critic here. You CAN'T compare the point of the game at 2009. That was almost 10 years ago, dude. A lot of things changed in general. Seriously, this game had regular graphics back then, imagine now. Apart, the comunity isn't helping, but seriously, have patience. We can do nothing but wait now.

In what sense should the community help? We are very limited

• In what sense should the community help? We are very limited

Well, of course if we were more we could convince people to play more unlimited, but nowadays with the railgun and all the stuff it is very limited. So i guess nothing. Don't do anything, just wait.

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• they are closing all the private servers, if aeria game does not remove ip ban this game is dead, as it is clear that the s4 league is so bad because of the low participation of people in the official game

• they are closing all the private servers, if aeria game does not remove ip ban this game is dead, as it is clear that the s4 league is so bad because of the low participation of people in the official game

Considering some peoples reaction to stuff like that, I think it may be better for them to enforce licensing rights rather than full closure. That way they could charge the private servers a monthly cost in order for them to exist, while ensuring less hackers on the main servers. Refusal to use this system would result in closure and Aeria would get less heat for allowing them an out.

• That way they could charge the private servers a monthly cost in order for them to exist

Who is even going to do that?

To make money they will have to sell AP and no one will play on a such server. Not to mention it is more likely those to go underground than pay fees.

Even if we assume a private server will make a good money to be able to pay the fee, Aeria may be just running a server and selling AP by themselves if it is still profitable.

they are closing all the private servers, if aeria game does not remove ip ban this game is dead, as it is clear that the s4 league is so bad because of the low participation of people in the official game

You are so wrong if you think more ppl will be playing on private servers. Even if they do they will be split all over the place.

• Who is even going to do that?

To make money they will have to sell AP and no one will play on a such server. Not to mention it is more likely those to go underground than pay fees.

Even if we assume a private server will make a good money to be able to pay the fee, Aeria may be just running a server and selling AP by themselves if it is still profitable.

It is a public relations loop hole. If they want to have a private server, they can pay for the intellectual property rights owned by aeria. Also, who cares if they make money? That is 0% Aeria's problem. Running a server capable of playing a game in a way that could potentially damage Aeria's bottom line to begin with would be ridiculously expensive to begin with, so if adding on a cost for them to remain open will bankrupt them, is there a major difference if the end result is the same? Aeria giving them a chance, even a small or unreasonable one will save a lot of hatred being projected at the company. Just look at blizzard and rockstar closing private servers for older versions of world of warcraft and GTAV respectively, the fan base imbued them with hatred and trashed their names for the slight against them.

As for the having them all here, even I, someone who is against private servers to begin with, realize that they treat the game differently. Those differences will keep some hackers off their case in the name of "Fair play" (Absolute max enchants at the best possible rates is hardly the way to balance given natural rarity to me), and leave them to their own. In that aspect, they could be used as useful tools. However, it may mean a drop in revenue in some rare cases, as such, to make up for that disparity, having them pay for licensing of the brand should be just as fine.

It is a public relations loop hole. If they want to have a private server, they can pay for the intellectual property rights owned by aeria. Also, who cares if they make money? That is 0% Aeria's problem. Running a server capable of playing a game in a way that could potentially damage Aeria's bottom line to begin with would be ridiculously expensive to begin with, so if adding on a cost for them to remain open will bankrupt them, is there a major difference if the end result is the same? Aeria giving them a chance, even a small or unreasonable one will save a lot of hatred being projected at the company. Just look at blizzard and rockstar closing private servers for older versions of world of warcraft and GTAV respectively, the fan base imbued them with hatred and trashed their names for the slight against them.

As for the having them all here, even I, someone who is against private servers to begin with, realize that they treat the game differently. Those differences will keep some hackers off their case in the name of "Fair play" (Absolute max enchants at the best possible rates is hardly the way to balance given natural rarity to me), and leave them to their own. In that aspect, they could be used as useful tools. However, it may mean a drop in revenue in some rare cases, as such, to make up for that disparity, having them pay for licensing of the brand should be just as fine.

1.I have explained to you there are many private servers of the wow cabal metin, among many other games that do not pay a single dollar to the company that created the original game, that is why they are private servers that profit from the different things that the original game offers but at a lower cost if these private s4 league give you the opportunity to pay a membership for example to have force packs every week or choose your force pack pet the one you want without capsules people will pay just because they want to play s4 league and the original not allowed, who is the fault of the company or in this case the group of people who manages the division of s4 league that isolated the other countries

PD: Private server does not pay intellectual property right.. Omegalul

1.I have explained to you there are many private servers of the wow cabal metin, among many other games that do not pay a single dollar to the company that created the original game, that is why they are private servers that profit from the different things that the original game offers but at a lower cost if these private s4 league give you the opportunity to pay a membership for example to have force packs every week or choose your force pack pet the one you want without capsules people will pay just because they want to play s4 league and the original not allowed, who is the fault of the company or in this case the group of people who manages the division of s4 league that isolated the other countries

1. No you haven't.

2. Blizzard actively closes private servers. And yes, there are a lot of people pissed off by it.

3. As is, no one pays for the games they are ripping off. However, they could be made to very easily to avoid a lawsuit. Factually, Aeria owns S4 League now, they can sue people for using their brand name alone, never mind hacked software for it.

Private servers don't guarantee security, reliability or online durability.

• Private servers don't guarantee security, reliability or online durability.

in the case of s4 league since they do not remove the ip ban people will continue to play private servers, while s4 league is still dying because of its slow response

• in the case of s4 league since they do not remove the ip ban people will continue to play private servers, while s4 league is still dying because of its slow response

5 people per pserver ain't the end of the world, less when those are people that can't access our S4 already, how would they affect what they can't touch to begin with

Would be nice to stop with the pservers topic anyways

• How about we find a way to persuade and please the people who uses the private servers?

The only solution I see to that is new and better content to what the private servers provide and fixes of the mistakes made in the past, but maybe someone has other ideas so I’d like to hear.

Also, xxXSatanic_AbyssXxx I agree with you about the suing, there should be legal work done, although it’s not a huge part of the community, the part of the community who plays on private servers damages the economic and player income of the official game, restraining the growth of it. Although I’m not sure if that has it’s own expenses.

• Although I’m not sure if that has it’s own expenses.

As someone who needs to deal with server hosts, I can tell you that you might be able to get away with putting a modified version of this game (Meaning no user data) on a free server, but the data and storage on them would probably limit the max number of players to 10 and be operational a couple hours on weekends only to not exceed bandwidth. For those players that claim there are over 1000 players on one, and that one is always up, I'd say it would probably at least be $500/month if they got a sweetheart deal with a new provider, probably more if they didn't. Of course, they could own a private server, but even then, keeping it cool, power, the internet bill per month, it would all ad up really quickly.

• How about we find a way to persuade and please the people who uses the private servers?

The only solution I see to that is new and better content to what the private servers provide and fixes of the mistakes made in the past, but maybe someone has other ideas so I’d like to hear.

Also, xxXSatanic_AbyssXxx I agree with you about the suing, there should be legal work done, although it’s not a huge part of the community, the part of the community who plays on private servers damages the economic and player income of the official game, restraining the growth of it. Although I’m not sure if that has it’s own expenses.

I don't really see a point of having private servers. Aeria can do the same and more if they wanted and if we can make them, not to mention they have no interest of ppl playing on other servers.

I am starting to think ppl wants this game to die only just so they can pull off their crappy private server thinking that everyone will be racing to join it. As a result we will have probably 1 ok one with few ppl on it and community split over 1000 bad ones until everyone forgets the game exists due to all of them being empty.

• Also, xxXSatanic_AbyssXxx I agree with you about the suing, there should be legal work done, although it’s not a huge part of the community, the part of the community who plays on private servers damages the economic and player income of the official game, restraining the growth of it. Although I’m not sure if that has it’s own expenses.

Last time I checked, little to no people played on private servers, so I doubt that it damages the economic and player income of the actual game. Needless to say that the people who play on private servers also play the official game. >.>'

¿Moribundo? Veo una base de jugadores 1k todos los días desde 2016 ...

Sad, you could never feel that it was seeing, several servers full at any time of day, but still with your 1k of players that is false, keep thinking that s4 league is still alive when the reality is very different

PD : since when there is no patch and only do maintenance that does not add anything #s4#still#alive

• Made the thread to attract people attention on it, not for its value of true. We all know that Rustygarden was implemented in 2011, and replaced with IceSquare, OldMoon got deleted because almost nobody played. Actually even if it's worst, and full of mistakes I just wished to suggest more publicity to the game, actually, nobody cares what they do with the game if is still playable, I do it for the fun, but they do the game is merely pitifull. Again, it was for attracting people to it. You can hate it, you can do w/e you want on it.

• Made the thread to attract people attention on it, not for its value of true. We all know that Rustygarden was implemented in 2011, and replaced with IceSquare, OldMoon got deleted because almost nobody played

Old moon got replaced with the Treasure map.

Sad, you could never feel that it was seeing, several servers full at any time of day, but still with your 1k of players that is false, keep thinking that s4 league is still alive when the reality is very different

PD : since when there is no patch and only do maintenance that does not add anything #s4#still#alive

sad that i was in 2010 and was in those full servers. That's your problem, for me 1000 players are important, 100 or 10, they are people who invest their valuable time in being here, and while Aeria wants to keep this game alive it will continue to be so. I have nothing else to say.

OldMoon got deleted because almost nobody played.

I didn't know that now they remove maps if they are not used. I doubt that is true, because then several maps would have been eliminated.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Plank ().

• Meh, same shenanigans, just have patience, Oldmoon was a special type of map for me, while I would not play that map for 11 months every year, I would always host it on december.

It was a good DM map, and the only decent Captain map.

• Alaplaya ran this game into the ground by bending over and spreading wide for money-milking.

Now it's just a glorified beta that wouldn't survive a single day on Steam.

• Alaplaya ran this game into the ground by bending over and spreading wide for money-milking.

Now it's just a glorified beta that wouldn't survive a single day on Steam.

It survived like 6 years with 1k playerbase, so it could.