Chips leveling suggestion

• I'll be very specific on this one, i would personally change the requisite of leveling up chips so instead of wasting PEN on nothing (Yes nothing, because usually you'll just be leveling and downgrading that chip multiple times until it breaks, and you'll gain no bonus whatsoever for the next try, something that we should get everytime it "does nothing" or it gets downgraded) chips should be leveled up by using crafting materials and some PEN (That includes removing the chance of breaking it or downgrading it). At this point chips are something that most people need in order to have a fair match, sadly.

• I'll be very specific on this one, i would personally change the requisite of leveling up chips so instead of wasting PEN on nothing (Yes nothing, because usually you'll just be leveling and downgrading that chip multiple times until it breaks, and you'll gain no bonus whatsoever for the next try, something that we should get everytime it "does nothing" or it gets downgraded) chips should be leveled up by using crafting materiales and some PEN (That includes removing the chance of breaking it or downgrading it). At this point chips are something that most people need in order to have a fair match, sadly.

That's actually a very smart suggestion :O They would :
    1 Add some more utility to crafting material, which is basically useless atm, because it is not updated
    2 Make LV5 esper chips available even to f2p player x) or players that don't play 24/7 to farm pen
    sol1nice

• If not easier to acquire, Lv5 chips should not be a matter of luck and should not be such a waste of time, I agree on that.

That said, they should also rework orange and red F skills entirely, being on the other hand of the one shot F skill that has crazy range and speed or the orange F skill that take your controls away from you for 5 seconds is not fun, and neither are avoidable since you generally have no clue whether the enemy has them on cooldown or not. Getting killed because of factors that are beyond your control is not what S4 league is about.

The reason I think this is relevant to the topic is, I do not wish for F skills to be easier to acquire if it means facing even more people who can inflict that BS upon me, and I say this as somebody who is desperately trying (and failing) to get Lv5 chips.

• If not easier to acquire, Lv5 chips should not be a matter of luck and should not be such a waste of time, I agree on that.

That said, they should also rework orange and red F skills entirely, being on the other hand of the one shot F skill that has crazy range and speed or the orange F skill that take your controls away from you for 5 seconds is not fun, and neither are avoidable since you generally have no clue whether the enemy has them on cooldown or not. Getting killed because of factors that are beyond your control is not what S4 league is about.

The reason I think this is relevant to the topic is, I do not wish for F skills to be easier to acquire if it means facing even more people who can inflict that BS upon me, and I say this as somebody who is desperately trying (and failing) to get Lv5 chips.

Speaking of waste of time, I need at least half day just to spend 500k pen on enchanting chips without any guarantee that I will even edn up with something.

And yeah, the red and the orange chips skills really needs a nerf. Especially the red one that gives you a free kill every 2 minutes (not even mentioning having the best offense stats as well)

• me and my friend tested the stats and tbh they don't do much of a difference. you do the same dmg, have the same defense and have the same speed doesn't make that much of a difference .

4x Lv5 blue chips = +9% def, +14SP, +6HP +3% SP recovery

4x Lv5 red chips = +3~8% atk, +13 HP, +3 SP, +4% chance of random crits, +8% damage to random crits

That's pretty significant.

• me and my friend tested the stats and tbh they don't do much of a difference. you do the same dmg, have the same defense and have the same speed doesn't make that much of a difference .

It really depends on what you use with them. To notice the speed difference on green, take IB and full FP/Enchanted shoes and +2% Movespeed pet and race someone who just has FP Iron Boots.

As for damage, full Red-chip set itself adds 3 ~ 8% dmg. Also it gives +8% random crit power to all weapons, (even weapons that don't normally crit). If you use low damaging weapons like the Homing rifle, yeah you won't really notice a difference because it's a percentage base increased.

Now take something like HMG and you'll notice a bigger power increase.

Long story short (in case anyone's too lazy to look at the formula's in the spoiler tabs), the higher base damage an attack does the greater ATK+% enchants effect its damage. These increases are much more noticeable when Def piercing works.

• Pretty sure that with all the PEN you spend on trying to level up a few chips it should be enough to get some items for a load of days and then dismantling them

The difference here is that you know what you are getting

I know like 6 ppl that got shiny chip on 200k pen or less,(me included), with that amount of pen you can get like 6 lvl 3 pieces (with 30 weapon capsules) and that its pretty shitt* for the standards of making a mk2, and the problem isnt getting pieces with days items, is getting pieces from permanent items