PM Letter March/April 2018

• Hey everyone,

It's the end of another month! How's everything? Us? We're good; running events, doing things aaaaaannnnnnnnd working on <CONFIDENTIAL>. Yes, I know! Exciting!

Last month's letter was particularily long: we talked about various topics from previous letters and the forms. This month, I aim to wrap things up with just a few added topics. So here we go!

Latam Situation

The situation is still the same and will probably be like that for a while: Things are on hold for now, but we want to visit this issue in the future. That's all I can say for the moment. Sorry guys, but hold on! If I have any updates, I'll definitely share them with you.

Hacks and Lost Accounts

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'll repeat myself: Please don't use hacks. If you use them, you are making the game worse for everyone, you are supporting people who are making things worse for everyone, and, on top of that, you are losing your accounts and other personal information.

I warned last month that we'd take action. We recently started checking some numbers and have taken action against hundreds of accounts just in the past two weeks through a combination of Battleye bans, rejected logins (suspected but not confirmed detections), ticket reports and routine checks. In the future, we will still do some retrospective bans: Meaning that people who used certain exploits will be found and banned.

For legit players: We know it gets frustrating. We will do more and more to make the gameplay experience as fair as possible.

Clans

Let me make this clear: We don't have a tool to change clan ownership. It just doesn't exist. And we don't provide support for clans. We should, but we can't. It's something we will look into. Soon enough, I will talk to you guys about <CONFIDENTIAL>, which I think will also make some things more clearer. Again: Currently, there is no clan support. Sorry. However, we did get all your feedback. So once we start doing something about this, we know exactly where to start!

Discord and Me

Espers, I love communicating with you guys, I really do, but unfortunately, in my office time, ... I have work to do. I know, I know. Work. Ugh! Who does that anyway? Well, apparently I do. I am doing my best to find some time to talk to you guys. Sometimes I really do have that time, but nowadays things are quite busy and I barely have time to scratch my own head. Plus, I mean, why would I scratch my head anyways, right? That said: I read ALL your messages. I mean it. Every. Single. One. Even if I don't answer, I read it.

Let's establish a rule though: Please be very specific with what you are writing. I never know when will be the next time that I'll check my messages. So just write me keeping that in mind. It's more likely that I'll write back to someone who speaks their mind rather than someone writing "Hey kara u thar?".

Also, I can't help out with tickets. I can't provide support. I really can't.

Lags

This was a bigger issue and it seems to be mostly fixed for the majority of you. We are though keeping an eye out on NA/EU reports. We also have variations here and are looking into them. Also: We will be making some further improvements to our servers this year, which will be a big help with any issues.

Balance

There's nothing specific going on at the moment. We will be doing things different this year ... , just not right now. Still though, I really appreciate all the topics you brought up in the forum. Your feedback is weighing in heavier than it did before in regard to future changes.

Events

Weekly Challenges. Yes, I said it. It's in progress. Later on, I might be able to talk to you about the big plans that we had and weren't able to implement. Therefore, we'll just take it step by step and see where it takes us. Considering the comments on various topics, I think this will be a great thing for everyone.

Community Chat

I think I mentioned it somewhere before. Basically, we want to improve our communication further. Fact is, by the time this PM Letter is out, the first session will have already taken place. I'll also join these whenever I can.

Previous Feedback Form

I don't have any statistics prepared like I did last time, but it seems that a lot of you are interested in how publisher and developers work, followed by our daily jobs. Apparently, the majority of you seemed to dig the Heart Breaker design, which for us, of course, is awesome feedback. The interest in Old Moon also seemed quite high. It's nothing new, but, due to your feedback, it also becomes more important to us.

GM Team

First thing to note, in case you missed it, is that the old GMs, i.e. Aeria employees, are now CMs. Whereas the old GSs, i.e. volunteers, are now GMs. We've opened some positions and applicants are currently being reviewed. So, new GMs will hopefully be joining the team very soon. You may have noticed that several GMs left the team (or didn't make it to the team after a certain period) in the last few months. We've been implementing some changes on how the GM teams work, so a lot of it was because of that. I wanna take the opportunity to thank all of the previous GMs (including Heliga, who was a Trial-GM). I worked with most of them directly and truly appreciate all of their efforts.

Extrabios

Last but not least, as you all know, our CM Extra has moved away from this team to become the Lead CM for the company. I witnessed Extra's journey in Aeria from the very beginning. She initially replaced me in the community, and I was glad to start working with her directly when I came back to S4 League. She's a great colleague and has done a lot when it comes to structuring the community side of things. We'll dearly miss her in the team, but I also know that she'll make a good Lead CM. Best wishes, Extra!

Karasakal

So, about myself! It's been quite intense. Short weeks mean that there's more work to do and less energy to do other stuff, but I did something fun after all: I got myself some Dungeons and Dragons books and sent an internal email around the company to see if I can introduce a few people to the game. I was expecting about 4-5 people to answer, but I got, believe it or not, 20 answers! So, I had to prepare several games! We've started playing, and so far had loads of fun (though it was quite time-consuming).

I received lots of suggestions from you guys and will try to check them in time. Many animes (anime? What's the plural there?)! As I mentioned in the forums, I'll probably start Yo-yo at some point. Meanwhile, I just finished season 2 of "A Series of Unfortunate Events", and it was amazing! Game-wise, I am stuck on some multiplayer games from last month, plus a bit of Starcraft II Co-Op (Yes, I'm old). Unfortunately, I didn't read enough to finish Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, but I'm reading a bit more now.

One last thing. I made a note about "more Fumbis". I honestly don't remember the context. But here are some Fumbis. Flame, Ice and Storm Fumbi at your service!

newfumbi.png

This month, I don't have a feedback form, but ... just wait a bit. Once we reveal the <CONFIDENTIAL> topic, there will be a lot more to talk about.

Since the PM Letter was delayed to this month, this is now the April PM Letter.

See you next month!

Karasakal

• Since these PM letters seems to be very big and it takes a lot of time to arrive, I was wondering, can we just have shorter updates on what is happeneing but just have them more often? Like once a week or a simple post in the forum will do it.

I mean, we are trying to improvle the communication, right?

• The 5 people playing the game when you actually make a real and solid change will be very happy. Meanwhile, keep throwing excuses and "CONFIDENTIAL" topics, hah.

Excuses? Babe thay can't do anything. Aeria it's just the publisher.

And about PM Letter... nothing that we didn't know.

• The 5 people playing the game when you actually make a real and solid change will be very happy. Meanwhile, keep throwing excuses and "CONFIDENTIAL" topics, hah.

I don't understand why everything has to be trashed. Even if the game is in a weird spot, trashing everything and being only negative will help nothing, nor is it constructive. It's very easy as the user to call everything an excuse, and blame everything on someone else. The PM letters are a good start, it's going upwards with all the new changes, so why still trash everything? Personally i feel like the trend is good, they are doing a lot right atm. Also from 5 happy players will come more. So no reason for that this to be a bad thing.

• Nothing new, but I was expecting at least some more info in terms of aeria releasing either new weapon skins or set skins, or even just picking some of the older AP sets and giving them new colors would improve customization.

I just hope that that server improvement removes the entry freezes, otherwise I might pull my second ban card to release another tantrum.

It is Curious that you asked that anime or animes question, in english the plural is anime, in portuguese its animes.

Also nightmarish is completly wrong, dungeons and dragons is about freedom on roleplaying and if used properly, mature themes can be fun.

• Lags?

Lags aren't fixed yet, before the last portal update Europe countries were 30~75ms for me but nowadays they are 75~110ms

too many lag spikes that randomly comes in while playing

I just feel like that the distance is now doubled between every single player, can u fix this? the game isn't enjoyable for me and ofc players which are affected too

• Aeria keeps answering with "We will take it up to devs" and etc, but nothing ever gets fixed. Oops, they actually did fix the beta observer crash, which took ONLY 3 years. Now let's see how long will it take for them to fix server lags. I used to have 50-70ms for USA, 150ish for some germans, 30ms to asians. Now even asians are 300ms to me. (USA players are between 150+, germans remain the same 150ms~160ms).

We have been told "Clan system needs to be fixed" since the clan system has been released, and has it been actually fixed? No, and it's already 5 years past it. If Aeria, as publisher, can't even PUSH devs to fix something, neither CAN Aeria fix it themselves, what hope does this even have? The day this game's population drops to 5 players, that is when they are gonna get their things together and start fixing. So much respect to their players. I do agree that sometimes people keep being overly negative, complains about things just too much. But at the very least, push to them fix game issues, specially critical ones that includes server issues and stability.

Related to servers that got shut down, such as KR and Latin, KR was never banned so they are fine, but you guys are still keeping Latin players banned. Though it is correct that it will take a while due to licenses for them, I like how it was easy to block them, but takes one eternity to unblock them.

This game's community can be positive, they can be constructive, but players are getting to their limits of enduring things they shouldn't and they are quitting. Pick up your paces or this game is going to go far beyond "dead".

• Thing is we don't have as many Koreans as we would with South Americans, and with the ping state of the server i can tell you that letting them in right now would just cause havoc, people are already kicking out of rooms for 170ms, i don't wanna know if they get a whole team up to 230ms so at this point is not about licensing but rather keeping a correct balance on the server, and even if you give them their own server channel they'll just come to the EU1 as everyone else does (I'm pretty sure theres enough NA people to fill their server to some point)

Yes, it does take time to fix things but not as they did. Thing is, Aeria did push for some fixes, the anti-hack we have is thanks to them mostly as KR didn't even had one, there were some AP stuff that they wanted to introduce but Aeria put them a stop there as far as i know.

I understand your frustration as another player myself, but things are starting to move a little bit, slowly but better than before at least.

• Thing is we don't have as many Koreans as we would with South Americans, and with the ping state of the server i can tell you that letting them in right now would just cause havoc, people are already kicking out of rooms for 170ms, i don't wanna know if they get a whole team up to 230ms so at this point is not about licensing but rather keeping a correct balance on the server, and even if you give them their own server channel they'll just come to the EU1 as everyone else does (I'm pretty sure theres enough NA people to fill their server to some point)

Yes, it does take time to fix things but not as they did. Thing is, Aeria did push for some fixes, the anti-hack we have is thanks to them mostly as KR didn't even had one, there were some AP stuff that they wanted to introduce but Aeria put them a stop there as far as i know.

I understand your frustration as another player myself, but things are starting to move a little bit, slowly but better than before at least.

Well not enterely true, yes they are a lot of people but had a complete client for some reason, you cant fit that lot of people on english 1.

Back in the day spanish/portuguese was full of South American players, when the ip ban comes Aeria shutdown spanish/portuguese because the lack of players, and that is really funny, the game have like 8 serves and all of they suffer of lack of players.

Aeria should close all that servers and let only two servers (like i already read before in this forum): America, and Europe, remove the ipban and for sure all of that people will go to america server because the lenguaje (most of they dont know english).

But anyway, I agree that the ping problem must first be solved.

• Well not enterely true, yes they are a lot of people but had a complete client for some reason, you cant fit that lot of people on english 1.

Back in the day spanish/portuguese was full of South American players, when the ip ban comes Aeria shutdown spanish/portuguese because the lack of players, and that is really funny, the game have like 8 serves and all of they suffer of lack of players.

Aeria should close all that servers and let only two servers (like i already read before in this forum): America, and Europe, remove the ipban and for sure all of that people will go to america server because the lenguaje (most of they dont know english).

The american server isn't even located in america since the p7s1 days so other than the title it won't make difference whatsoever.

The ppl will always join the most populated server and due to the time zones, EU will be able to keep good population during all hours.

At leats there will be ppl to play with at the morning.

• The american server isn't even located in america since the p7s1 days so other than the title it won't make difference whatsoever.

The ppl will always join the most populated server and due to the time zones, EU will be able to keep good population during all hours.

At leats there will be ppl to play with at the morning.

I suggest that because most of EU players dont want to play with latin players (LAGGGGG, and maybe racism, who knows :Fumbi1:),if Aeria make america server, most of latin players will play with latin players (what a redundancy) and maybe the remains of NA players. but i like your idea of EU with a lot of players all hours.

• Well not enterely true, yes they are a lot of people but had a complete client for some reason, you cant fit that lot of people on english 1.

As far as i know the servers that got shut down back then werent because of low user quantity but rather because they didn't have GMs for such languages to take care about in their offices. They got back an old language not long ago because we received a GM that spoke that language, nowdays i don't know how they work around that.

Korean have nProtect Game Guard. Well, used to.

• there is only 1server now in germany and the server selection screen is just a server port connecting to the main server so it makes no diff whichever server you connect to

The purpose of that is to get together with people who speak your same language. But since there is no one ... you have to go to eng.