How would you improve S4L?

• Hi everyone :D
    Before I start this thread, I know there is a similar thread : [Suggestions] Various suggestions i can think about at the moment
    but I want to avoid to necropost, and I also want to talk about something else.

So, of course, thread title : here you can post something or a series of reasons/tips/improvements regarding how would you make S4L better

This thread is not for flaming, blaming, or whatever negative behaviour

With that being said, please post all your thoughts

Another thing.
    I started this thread also because I completed this survey (It's new and official, please check it out and complete it!) https://docs.google.com/forms/…Ss_LaTv6L6vRicsQ/viewform
    I wanted to add more feedback but couldn't, so here I am ^^

Q : Name one thing you would change in S4L and how, if you had a magic wand.
    A : I would encourage players to play other modes and maps more often, not through forum events or screenshots events, but by implementing events systems in-game! So that you can't farm it and you really have to play that mode and map if you want some rewards ^^
    Also, I would really like that players received more informations on what's going on/what are you working on/etc.
    Dev letter is great, but it's once a month, and it's from the devs, not from aeria games staff ^^ I would like to hear more on patch notes, maintenances, etc. and involve players more on what the staff do.

What are your ideas and considerations? :)

• Hi, could you change the black color please? :(

It's late to this... but i'll always say that s4 would be a real F2P with micro payments, like skins, just skins not +atk, etc.

• Hey !
    Interesting post, I wanted to create one but later cuz I can't be active at the moment.

So first, I'd like to say that we could add things like "restriction rules" when we're the master of a room. Most of the players are playing "Cpdb no f" or things like that in TD OS mode and I think it's a bit annoying to write that down as a Room Title. Maybe if we can chose what kind of weapons are forbidden in this room, F skills etc, it will be useful.
    However, I do thinks the balance between weapons isn't right FOR OS MODE, most of the players are playing CPD because it's the most efficient way they've found to win a game. Even if that there are powerful weapons such as IB or Exo scythe, CS is weapon that gives you a lot of possibilites thanks to revenge, slide revenge, fast light CS, the powerful heavy etc.. So maybe create new weapons that could be as useful as this kind of weapon (because I don't think we can nerf the CS or the PS, too much players love this weapon and couldn't do without it..) and the game will become more balanced.

I also look for some idea of maps that could fit competitive players (that are mostly getting bored of ST2) and other players. I started drawing a map but it's not done yet, maybe I'll expose it for you later and you will tell me if you think it's a good one or not, what would you change etc.. (however I'm not a S4L staff at all so I don't have the possibility to create maps for S4L and I don't know how to a virtual map that's why I just draw it.. xD

The main problem to solve is still in my opinion the lack of players. So how can we bring new players on S4L ?

Because, if we bring new players thanks to ad, visibility of the game, old players are going to come back too, and we will see "oh 8000 players online", and no body will be sad to see only "cpd no f" rooms bc there will be a lot of players with all types of gameplay and it will solve the issue of players that only play their weapons, their mode and doesn't really play to the whole S4.

So yeah, S4L is a really skilled game, dynamic, fast, hard to master, and its community is sometimes (often) hard with new players, kicked from rooms bc of their lack of experience. So there are no new players. If only 2 or 3 new players join the game thanks to a friend, they will be bored by always being humiliated in game. Even in the beginner server, most of the players are reroll. So we have to bring many new players at the same time, so they can play and improve themselves without feeling alone in a game that's really hard to master. And yeah, how can we increase the visibility of this game ?

I have a youtube channel, so maybe I could make a "game presentation" (I'm french so it will only be for french people :/) and show to other people what kind of game is it, why is this game really cool (its gameplay is its main advantage I think) and things like that. I also want to create new ads for S4 but I don't have the level in 3D Modelization (1st Trailer of the game) to do a really good and attractive trailer. I saw that some games are available on the STEAM platforms such as Aura Kingdom, Twin Saga and EOS. I understand that there are some problems on the "political" field because Aeria doesn't have all the rights on the game etc.. But is it still possible to put S4 on steam ? There will ofc be a lot of new players.

So, here is my opinion. I really want to make S4 a better game !

• Get rid of the room system and replace it with quick play queue so don't have to wait 30 mins to fill a room and then having a flood of entry lag from ppl rusnig to join once the match has started.

No stat room option - seems like resonable solution for the p2w problem

Open world channel lobby - just for taste and to replace the need of jump rooms

• Get rid of the room system and replace it with quick play queue so don't have to wait 30 mins to fill a room and then having a flood of entry lag from ppl rusnig to join once the match has started.

1st wont work please look in game more often before you say we need quick play quele...

no stats room yes thats good

Remove melle only mode OR remove all EXP and PEN from melle only modes sorry but melle only needs to get punished its WAY OUT OF HAND!! and its killing the game...now since repair is gone i see no longer reason to give them pen (yea you can hate me all you want)

• 1. Get rid of Votekick = No stupid weapon restriction rooms

2. Change the color of the UI. I don't dislike it but this orange still hurt

3. Get rid of Station-2

4. Get rid of Sword Only Mode (Arena and TD Passmode can stay). People always flame about balance and adding weapon restriction option. The game is balanced for Unlimited. Get it in your heads. (Come on hate me xD)

5. Make Railgun as it was = Chaser is playable again.

6. Add no stats room option for every mode

I guess that's it :/

• 1st wont work please look in game more often before you say we need quick play quele...

no stats room yes thats good

Remove melle only mode OR remove all EXP and PEN from melle only modes sorry but melle only needs to get punished its WAY OUT OF HAND!! and its killing the game...now since repair is gone i see no longer reason to give them pen (yea you can hate me all you want)

I mean getting rid of OS will probably kill the game's community instantly unless you want unlimited rooms with melee titles and hence getting kicked out of the room for using guns

• 1- That the Latin return to the server hahaha

2- Improve kickvote so that other users do not use it inappropriately such as "Eject users just because they are low level or use a weapon that they forbade"

3- Most followed event to motivate users.

4- Survey once a month to see how we can improve the game with the help of users.

The world will not be destroyed by those who harm, but by those who see and do nothing. :*

• I like how most of the posts here are just crybabies with totally unreasonable "improvements".

Q : Name one thing you would change in S4L and how, if you had a magic wand.
    A : I would encourage players to play other modes and maps more often, not through forum events or screenshots events, but by implementing events systems in-game! So that you can't farm it and you really have to play that mode and map if you want some rewards ^^
    Also, I would really like that players received more informations on what's going on/what are you working on/etc.
    Dev letter is great, but it's once a month, and it's from the devs, not from aeria games staff ^^ I would like to hear more on patch notes, maintenances, etc. and involve players more on what the staff do.

How exactly do you make it so it can't be farmed? What will the rewards be? Make the rewards good and it will be farmed. Make the rewards bad and no one will bother to play.

The amount of information we get has greatly improved. The PM letters are certainly a nice thing. And what exactly do you wanna know? And btw, the PM letter is from Karasakal, who's from Aeria Games and not a dev.

It's late to this... but i'll always say that s4 would be a real F2P with micro payments, like skins, just skins not +atk, etc.

How do you want to handle this? Get rid of all FPs? Players who bought stuff will rage. Get rid of enchants? Players who bought stuff will rage. Give everyone more free stuff? Players who bought stuff will rage. And after all it's those players who keep this game alive. Of course they need opponents and a big enough community to even play this game. But I think, this has also greaty improved and everyone is able to have a FP set and some FP weapons if he plays enough.

Boycott till they submit to our demands! It either gets the player-base back or kills the game.

And what exactly are your demands?

1. Make trading a thing

I don't get why so many people want trading. But alright, how do you want to implement this so it won't get abused (too much)? Only players who are lvl 80 can trade? What would you trade? How would you trade?

Add an option to disable F skills and the Spawn Buff System.

Is disabling them the only option? Why not try to balance them? And honestly I think they're not really broken.

Restricting certain weapons or skills was discussed in the past several times and I really really hope it never becomes reality. Those players don't play "CPD no F" because it's most effective. They play it because they can't handle other stuff. If it would be most effective, they shouldn't have problems against any other weapons.

I also don't think we need new maps. We have a lot of maps that have different kind of gameplays. I just assume with "competetive" you mean those 1337-jump3rz. That's not competetive at all.

Lack of players is indeed a problem. As is the treatment of new players. But there's no easy way to fix that. To be good in S4 you need a lot experience and you simply can't get that when you're a) kicked from every match b) there's only CPD rooms. And that's why the reviews on Steam would be really bad and wouldn't hold many players.

Get rid of the room system and replace it with quick play queue so don't have to wait 30 mins to fill a room and then having a flood of entry lag from ppl rusnig to join once the match has started.

For the quickplay it could be difficult. I like to use different eq on different maps. And I also don't wanna play all modes. So it certainly needs some options.

That won't work at all and would ruin the game. If you think differently, please elaborate how this would help at all.

3. Why? How would that solve any of S4's problems?

4. Why? How would that solve any of S4's problems? And please don't tell me Unlimited is balanced. It's not. And I'm not just talking about Rail gun.

• I don't get why so many people want trading. But alright, how do you want to implement this so it won't get abused (too much)? Only players who are lvl 80 can trade? What would you trade? How would you trade?

I'll give it a try and say that it might work if you add some "repack" system to it. We'll need a kind of mmorpg "account-bound" system for items and another item to "unbind" those items and then you'll be able to either sell those on a player market or simply use the gift system.

Either way i dooon't really like or dislike the idea of getting a trade system, but i neither feel like it belongs to S4

• How exactly do you make it so it can't be farmed? What will the rewards be? Make the rewards good and it will be farmed. Make the rewards bad and no one will bother to play.

You're right, it could always be farmed, but If it's an in-game event system, it would require a minimum of time and people in the room, and eventually, if everyone gets bored, they might as well just play instead of farming x'D like, at least 4 people, they would get bored farming all the time, instead of just playing, but that's just my point of view, people would farm anyway (probably?) xD

• I don't get why so many people want trading. But alright, how do you want to implement this so it won't get abused (too much)? Only players who are lvl 80 can trade? What would you trade? How would you trade?

I used to play on another account (stopped playing on it a long time ago :o), and I have a CERTAIN item that I would like to have on my main account. There would be some ways in which it won't get abused too much, such as:

1. Being available only for pro/s4 players

2. Being able to trade once a month

3. Trading an item of the same value with the desired person (e.g. FP accessory for a FP accessory, +1 weapon for a +1 weapon)

• 1) Better servers. Peopple Blaming and complaing fix lag fix this blah blah blah. Annoying.

2) Better pen system. Like get 3k pen per match. Time those spent needed be earn much more.

3) Better vote kick. Whenever it's ingame or in Lobby ready room. RM need a full count of all vote's from each player to kick the player.

Give immunity from votekick for higher rank players such as Pro and S4 rank.

• 2) Better pen system. Like get 3k pen per match. Time those spent needed be earn much more.

Get shiny chip set and you will have it.

3) Better vote kick. Whenever it's ingame or in Lobby ready room. RM need a full count of all vote's from each player to kick the player.

Give immunity from votekick for higher rank players such as Pro and S4 rank.

Hell no. As if the vk isn't abused enough already, giving power to 1 guy will makes it even worse. Giving immune is also a bad idea. It kills the whole point of having a kick system and is discrimanative. May as well just remove it completely.

• 3. Why? How would that solve any of S4's problems?

4. Why? How would that solve any of S4's problems? And please don't tell me Unlimited is balanced. It's not. And I'm not just talking about Rail gun.

Right here was also something xD The thread is about how to improve S4L not solving problems, but it's more or less the same i guess.

3. From personal experience I can tell that new or newer player joining non St-2 rooms more often than older player. I wonder why it is like that but I think newer player want to check out the maps, means they want to play different maps. They get kinda forced into St-2 tho because of the lack of player that actually want to play different maps. Player with a higher rank (pro) are also sometimes joining such rooms and they are most of the time just bad. But how come? I guess this is pride. Most higher ranked player don't even join such rooms because they know they would play bad and a higher rank means he must be better than the lower ranks (or whatever i know they are thinking) - so at the end of the day new or newer players get kicked out of St-2 because of Votekick and the lack of experience but on different maps the higher ranked players are also not so good that there is less reason to kick worse players. - Votekick is really rare there.

4. Oh come on. I'm pretty sure you know that I'm playing with pen stats everywhere. I think I know really well that unlimited is also unbalanced. But my "unbalanced" is certainly different from your "unbalanced". Also before I start here, this is how I think about it. I don't hate the sword only mode but S4 League is an anime shooter game. So in the first place new players are joining because it is a shooter (should be the reason). But sword only mode got so pushed over the years (whyever), that the normal or "unlimited" mode (however you want to call it) is going slowly down. In the end new people that want to play unlimited are more or less also forced to play sword only because of the lack of unlimited player. And the sword only com is the best in the world. It's not like new people get kicked out at all. So they stick with sword only in a diff mode (chaser i guess) or quit the game.

So in general humans take the easier way. Thats maybe because they play only 1 map in a limited mode with more selfmade limits. This is just humanity i guess.

And the same answer to point 3 and 4 is taking away these factors. I can't predict the future, but they could try it at least and see how it is going. If it doesn't work out they can implement it again.

• Get shiny chip set and you will have it.

Hell no. As if the vk isn't abused enough already, giving power to 1 guy will makes it even worse. Giving immune is also a bad idea. It kills the whole point of having a kick system and is discrimanative. May as well just remove it completely.

Better pen system. Do have shiny already, but can you say that to new player that starting? The point is the current pen system isn't better. Its not rewarding enough. The idea of improving pen system. The more point's you have at the end of the match the more pen you get. 3k is max. The game need more extra motivation instead of mission.

Better vote kick: First where I start off saying giving RM more power? I said whenever ingame or lobby he/she need full count to kick. Like for Ex usually a 6v6 match need 8/10 votes to kick, but full count mean 10/10 votes. The power given to people not to RM. How that even a bad thing? And rewarding player's that play the game for a long time isn't a bad. I think higher rank should mean more than nothing. If player really do think it's discriminative then they should increase their rank and stop complaining. Removing votekick is bad idea . What happen their is hacker and you can't kick them. That even more bad in what you saying the idea of mine is bad.