What if this game had battlepass?

• Someone brought up ingame events in another thread and then I realized all of them were farmable over the years because of how they worked.

lets forget about game crashes for a moment.

Even though I am not a fan of battlepasses what if the game actually had one (as long as it is good)? It is proven to be working for other games and I believe it will be healthy to bring some of the community back.

• I played S4 today and even though I'm extremely critical of the game state and this company, when the game is working as intended (no crashes etc) it can be fun.

I say that to say this, if this gane had a decent battlepass I would support it even if I rarely play. Maybe with the revenue earned they can make progress fixing it.

• Hypothetically ignoring all of the problems, I think it would really be a great addition. Having more free ways for people to also earn stuff over time is always nice... Same for paid players.

• I'm not sure if you are talking about a certain idea about the battle pass itself.

The battle passes that I know are based on a quite simple idea. And that is seasonal stuff. Without seasonal stuff that you only can obtain with this battle pass it would be pointless (what leads to the problem with the development). Even if the battle pass would have that it would still end up in farming, because of how the game is working. The variety of tasks is limited and could be farmed with a friend. Even if the task would have a player limit just name the room "battle pass step 34" and farm it with a full room. So without smart ideas and again development it wouldn't work out.

If every condition above mentioned is met, yes a battle pass would be a great idea to have players to stick to the game.

• I kinda like your idea. In my opinion, it would motivate player to play.

I kinda agree with B3mo tho. If we look at fortnite, each season they sell a new battle pass because there is NEW stuff, something this game clearly lacks. So, they would need to create new sets/weapons/pets to sell it.

• The idea in itself is good and could work but the fact that this game has a lack of unique stuff for the battlepass makes it quite pointless overall.

I'm not keen on trying to shoot for free stuff that's already in the game that I have seen over and over again which is the appeal of other games that have battle passes (Fortnite, Battle Royale, Apex Legends, Ring of Elysium, etc.). You have to entice people with something that they haven't seen or can't get by any other means in order for a battle pass to work most of the time and with the way this game is now, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

atstrikewitchsig.png

Mikuru // EX-EN Alaplaya GM of S4 League // Retired S4 League Player

• The idea in itself is good and could work but the fact that this game has a lack of unique stuff for the battlepass makes it quite pointless overall.

I'm not keen on trying to shoot for free stuff that's already in the game that I have seen over and over again which is the appeal of other games that have battle passes (Fortnite, Battle Royale, Apex Legends, Ring of Elysium, etc.). You have to entice people with something that they haven't seen or can't get by any other means in order for a battle pass to work most of the time and with the way this game is now, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

yeah, we will need to start getting new stuff on more regular basis. Most ppl are old players and they just have everything that they need collected from the last 10 years.

• That will only work if the "new stuff" is good. Not like these cheap recolors.

The "cheap" recolors may be a good free and fast content if they are easy to make. I don't think anyone woudl mind having their favorite sets/weapons in different colors. The game has been lacking new colors since the very beginning.