Amazing to see that nothing got fixed!

• So after some time I decided to login again for a round. First try to join a room -> instant freeze. So I've been wondering what actually have you been done after all this time ?

In summer 2017 you promised during a live stream and also on various posts to fix freezes etc and many more things. Well it just gets worse and worse and to be honest I am kinda amazed that this game is actually still running and not shutted down. Can someone who does have technical knowledge PLEASE tell me if the game is actually that hard to fix or is it just aeria who is incompetent. Because in my eyes the have lost all credibility everytime players complain we get the same answers: "we are working on it there will be a fix SOON but whe can't say exactly when". I guess the only reason this game is still running because there are still people who invest money in this game which is ridicilous because why would you spend money on a game which is literally NOT PLAYABLE.

[REMOVED] the company who owns the original game can't fix it ?? I don't get how could you let a game with HUGE potential even for esports go to waste ?

Looking forward to the standard excuses!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Psalloe: Advertising of any unrelated game that is not associated to the gamigo group. ().

• While I can understand that you are upset about the problems S4 League is dealing with you should try to follow the rules regardless.

I cannot provide you with the answers you're seeking, being the "When?" and "Why?", though I can assure you that this is an on-going tackle

which will be dealt with in time.

• Aeria has always said the same thing. "Be patient please", "It's going to be fixed soon", "More to come !" and so and so.. So when you tell us "dealt with in time.", are you waiting for players to take off the game even if players have already left and then old players coming back to see how the game is because the game has a huge gameplay potential as Rancisis said. But they see that nothing has changed. "With in time" means "when the game will be closed". I'm sorry GMs have to take all the players anger against Aeria and the old developers, but it's been years players point out each problems Aeria has to fix, some players have even opened the s4 league files to see what would be a better balance and solve major issues of the games. But Aeria is just doing weekly maintenance to restart the server and see that nothing changed o/.

• Can someone who does have technical knowledge PLEASE tell me if the game is actually that hard to fix

Yes it is. A lot of things are related to another. You touch one, another breaks. Even the korean devs couldn't fix most of the problems and they got carried over to the current version.

It is no surprise trying to build stuff on a bugy code will make it even more buggy.

• Yes it is. A lot of things are related to another. You touch one, another breaks. Even the korean devs couldn't fix most of the problems and they got carried over to the current version.

It is no surprise trying to build stuff on a bugy code will make it even more buggy.

Ok so you are completely fine with the games current situation ? And do you really think aeria is seriously trying to fix the game or do they just keep it running so it is barely playable ? Do you really think that it's not possible in almost over 2 1/2 years to achieve improvements ? I think it should be possible to at least achieve something during that time. I am not expecting a fully fixed flawless game. But when you crashing after every 3. leave/join/loading etc. that is a major sign that there has to be something done and nothing is being done to seriously improve the situation.

• Ok so you are completely fine with the games current situation ?

No I am obviously not. I am just answering the question.

And do you really think aeria is seriously trying to fix the game or do they just keep it running so it is barely playable ?

If they don't, it will impact their sales badly. People won't spend money if they can't play the game.

They have as much interest in improving the game as we do.

• They have as much interest in improving the game as we do.

How can you proof that?

Rancisis There is a dedicated dev team that only work on S4 League (that is what glitch.exe said). The dev team probably dont get paid, I mean there is kinda zero progress at all since 1.5years. So in my opinion they only milk out as much money as they can and thats gonna be it.

• How can you proof that?

I can't. It is just the logical conclusion. I mean, why did they even bother to get the code if not going to do anything with it?

They actually did try to put new sets and revert the rg (which is where also the problems started).

• Aeria is milking out a dead game instead of trying to safe it. Gamingo/Aeria even write this in their anual report that they do this as long as the game makes money. So for everyone waiting - no nothing will come

PiSKQUX.png

• This is a very old report and the company's ethics have changed in the last year.
    In the gaming industry a game is never called dead until the development completely stops.

As many times stated, the code is a mess, it is hard to work on a code, where a lot of teams have worked on already, everyone with their own style.
    As Hella said

You touch one, another breaks. Even the korean devs couldn't fix most of the problems and they got carried over to the current version.

And I hear a lot of people talking about that the last patches had to many bugs and now that it takes to long to fix.
    This is both related to each other. The devs currently try to deploy a build which has not new bugs and our QA team is hunting the bugs down.

This is a time consuming process and needs a lot of checks.

• This is a very old report and the company's ethics have changed in the last year.
    In the gaming industry a game is never called dead until the development completely stops.

I have a serious question about the development of this game.
    I recently came back to the game because of nostalgia, and the thing that mostly surprise me is the lack of in-game events. I'm not talking about those events on the forums, which are nice, I'm not gonna lie. But It's still not enough.
    What I'm talking about is those in-game events such as Halloween, Christmas or Summer events with tokens and things like that. That's what get players to play and actually make them stick to the game. They already exist, just got to change the rewards. Honestly, it would already be a huge step forward.

So, my question is : Why don't we get those events each year ?

• I have a serious question about the development of this game.
    I recently came back to the game because of nostalgia, and the thing that mostly surprise me is the lack of in-game events. I'm not talking about those events on the forums, which are nice, I'm not gonna lie. But It's still not enough.
    What I'm talking about is those in-game events such as Halloween, Christmas or Summer events with tokens and things like that. That's what get players to play and actually make them stick to the game. They already exist, just got to change the rewards. Honestly, it would already be a huge step forward.

Moreover, there would be players who would receive the rewards in certain other ways.

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

• The old ones have been deactivated and not working correctly.
    We plan to deploy new ones in the future and more. Currently we are sticking to the COTW and the forum events.

The priority now is to fix bugs, enhance game security and stability.

Or, simply use the money you get from people purchasing AP on minimal-high quality developers to recreat the code, from the moment you came you've had a lot of time to consider getting new developers into the team but this thing never happened. Telling people on the forums that there are updates coming in the future while this game doesn't seem to have a future is just misleading. As said above every bug the current development team fixes, a new one appears which makes me think: maybe it's not the messy code, it's just the unexperienced developers trying to fix it. Saying this from past experience, spending money on good developers can fix a game and lead to great results. ;)

• I have a serious question about the development of this game.

Oh, you mean farming events.

Or, simply use the money you get from people purchasing AP on minimal-high quality developers to recreat the code, from the moment you came you've had a lot of time to consider getting new developers into the team but this thing never happened. Telling people on the forums that there are updates coming in the future while this game doesn't seem to have a future is just misleading. As said above every bug the current development team fixes, a new one appears which makes me think: maybe it's not the messy code, it's just the unexperienced developers trying to fix it. Saying this from past experience, spending money on good developers can fix a game and lead to great results. ;)

Then, every game that get new bugs, like League of Legends, for example, are unexperienced devs? Yeah I agree.

• Oh, you mean farming events.

Then, every game that get new bugs, like League of Legends, for example, are unexperienced devs? Yeah I agree.

There's a ton of difference between updating the game and creating the new bugs than updating the game keeping old bugs and creating new ones, and if they create new bugs they fix it instantly.

• Aeria is milking out a dead game instead of trying to safe it. Gamingo/Aeria even write this in their anual report that they do this as long as the game makes money. So for everyone waiting - no nothing will come

PiSKQUX.png

This is a very old report and the company's ethics have changed in the last year.

Actions speak louder than words. You're game is dead. You're community is impatient. And the next big thing you've got going is "WAIT TILL GAMESCOM, IT'S GONNA BE GOOD". What you should be doing, is being transparent with your cows. Since everyone already knows that the game's code is a mess, tell them in what ways you're currently trying to fix it, tell them what parts you're currently focusing on. You don't even have to give much specific details.

PiSKQUX.png

For my English amgios:

Due to the fact that gamingo has grown shark in recent years and has a large registered customer base as well as a good reputation, gamingo is also getting better and better licenses offered. Games that have been launched or purchased and will not meet the expectations will be milked or discontinued. Since 2016, gamingo has also been able to acquire the complete worldwide IPs and development rights for half of its ten best-selling games and is now driving the development of these games in-house. In addition to improved cost efficiency, this also has the great advantage that the impact on game development is greatly increased and the games can be better optimized.

• Lol did they really used the word milking?

Also was gamigo even part of aeria in 2016?

Yeah... It could be a mistranslated, but even Google Translate has milked:

Games that have been launched or acquired and the expectations are not fulfilled milked or set.

EDIT: This seems like a better translation:

Games that have been launched or purchased and which will not meet expectations are tempered.

• Yes it is. A lot of things are related to another. You touch one, another breaks. Even the korean devs couldn't fix most of the problems and they got carried over to the current version.

Sure, the Korean devs did make a rather poor job of creating the source code for this game to the point that they unorganized everything but it's not say that it isn't salvageable & fixable. I find it ironic that Aeria/Gamingo - with all the money they have to run their business - can't find competent developers who can understand and work around the sloppy job of Pentavision/GameOn yet you got hobbyists and people who are fed up with Aeria/Gamingo who take upon themselves to make work with the game code.....not even the source code, mind you....and can still make a more stable server than the owners of said property. That's saying a lot.

No, this statement is only half true. A game is not only called dead when development completely stops but it's also dead when the community completely loses faith in said game and abandons it even if development is still on-going......Anthem is the best example of this and I'm pretty sure S4 is in that area to some degree but luckly, you have some completely faithful players who are dedicated to this game because there is nothing like it. The game has potential yet it's being squandered on the likes of Aeria/Gamingo.

Sincethis company has the complete intellectual rights (property & trademark) of S4 League assets (correct me if I'm wrong), Aeria/Gamingo has free reign to do unimaginable stuff to the series to not only improve the game but to also remake it if they so desired but that won't happen. I mean, it's cost effective to just keep working on the current version and milking your community over reskins, reshades, and low quality skins....not to mention a few server fixes here and there. But what do I know, I'm just some person who deals in anime, game development (as a hobby), and advertising (only worked with Arc System Works & Degica Games on 1 occasion for both companies).

atstrikewitchsig.png

Mikuru // EX-EN Alaplaya GM of S4 League // Retired S4 League Player

The post was edited 2 times, last by MikuruX ().

• I'm gonna have to debunk this one right here. Sure, the Korean devs did make a rather poor job of creating the source code for this game to the point that they unorganized everything but it's not say that it isn't salvageable & fixable.

So you are debunking it buy confirming it? what?

people who are fed up with Aeria/Gamingo who take upon themselves to make work with the game code.

me and you know very well the reason why these people have much better understanding of the code.

• Very tired and that was part of an old text I was going to use against something Glitch.exe said but it didn't pull through so I meant to take that out but forgot.

atstrikewitchsig.png

Mikuru // EX-EN Alaplaya GM of S4 League // Retired S4 League Player

• No, this statement is only half true. A game is not only called dead when development completely stops but it's also dead when the community completely loses faith in said game and abandons it even if development is still on-going

I mean, it's cost effective to just keep working on the current version and milking your community over reskins, reshades, and low quality skins

Sad but true.

Pretty much the current situation of S4 League.

Just saying from where the knowledge comes from.

At least the got knowledge.

Would it be that wrong to accept help from these people?

Anyway.. cya next patch in 3 months lul