What kind of F skills would you like to see?

• The F skills we have right now are pretty lame, but the idea doesn't deserve to be thrown out entirely. I like having a secondary skill that does not have to compete with hp+/sp+ in its slot.

Anyway, what would your take on an F skill be?

• The thing with esper chip skills (in terms of balance) is that they're like a weapon (red) or skill (the others) that doesn't take up any of the slots. That technically means your loadout is fundamentally stronger just by having access to the F slot (disregarding the stat boost).

What's more, they can be used on top of things like hp+/sp+ (you're even counting on that). It would have to be some kind of miniature "ult" with limited use cases, or just a small boost to your movement or something (but not in the same way as a normal skill in that case).

We would have to make something where people wouldn't just say "why isn't this just a normal skill?" Because if it changes how you play as much as with with shield or anchoring, then it's better off being a normal skill (unless maybe it's balanced enough around being an F skill).

So here's an idea:

A skill that roots you in place for 1-2 seconds and then heals teammates around you for 20 hp. It would have a 2 min cooldown (at least, 4 min might be better) and it would be 1-5 min longer for each healing weapon you have equipped.

That way, you could make a more agressive push towards the goal or turn a fight around, but if you're a dedicated healer it recharges slower. My gut feeling still says this might be unbalanced. Maybe it's even underpowered as you might just use a rescue gun instead, but it's better than a "kill button" (a railgun or revolver is supposed to take a weapon slot to use).

Lastly, a way to disable stats and esper chip skills would be cool. By adding more F skills the (meta)game might become more balanced around them, so it would be nice to have the option to disable them. Also maybe a normal skill in SO other than hp+/sp+ could spice things up a little maybe? Idk, I don't play it that much, but that would have to be for another thread anyways.

• I can't deny that F skills are fundamentally unfair, but then again it's S4 league, and if we're going to have pay2win options, we might as well have pay2win options that are fun to use and don't feel bad to play against.

I personally think it's better if people pay for options than for raw stat upgrades. Playing against someone who has the green F skill when you don't have anything feels much more fair than playing against someone who has OP enchants.

The red F skill isn't just frustrating because it's pay2win, it's frustrating because it's a one shot ray of death against which you can't do anything in many situations.

We would have to make something where people wouldn't just say "why isn't this just a normal skill?" Because if it changes how you play as much as with with shield or anchoring, then it's better off being a normal skill

Normal skills have to be extremely powerful to be worth using over shield, anchor, bind, hp+ and/or sp+. With F skills, you don't have to worry about having to compete with those options, so you can have a skill that is just a slight upgrade in mobility like the slide. If the slide were a normal skill, nobody would use it (though right now, not many people are using it anyway due to its set granting no atk/defense upgrades).

• Playing against someone who has the green F skill when you don't have anything feels much more fair than playing against someone who has OP enchants.

For me they are equally bad. F skills gives you something that you can't normally do. So when you are defeated by F skill and you don't have one, it feels cheap cuz if it wasn't for it, that person wouldn't have won.

The F skills are like a free panic button. You just press it when you are about to die and you win.

Even the green skill is guilty for that since you don't expect it. It gives you an extra move on the cost of... nothing.

• Personally I dislike f skill since I like to use all my sets. I do have all the f skills but I dont want to use the same set over and over.

That's fair, and I definitely think you should be able to unequip chips free of charge and put them wherever you want.

For me they are equally bad. F skills gives you something that you can't normally do. So when you are defeated by F skill and you don't have one, it feels cheap cuz if it wasn't for it, that person wouldn't have won.

I don't really feel that way. I play shiny all the time, and I rarely ever use my F skill on my main set (blue, only if I get bombed), and yet when I see people using slide it's just like whatever I don't care (I was even impressed by one player's use of the skill). I get kind of mad at people using the blue, red and orange F skills but I think it's just because two of them are an unavoidable kill button and one of them is basically godmode. I feel the same way when I'm fighting against OP weapons even though I have access to them as well.

The F skills are like a free panic button. You just press it when you are about to die and you win.

When you say that, you're complaining about the design of the F skills we currently have more than about the idea of F skills in the first place. It's easy to imagine an F skill that does nothing for you when you are about to die and that doesn't lead you to a win with no more effort required. I would say the green skill is an example of it.

Even the green skill is guilty for that since you don't expect it.

But you expect it the second time around, which comes very soon since it has no cooldown. It's like that with every weapon and skill unless you check first.

• I don't think that F-Skills are a fundamentally bad idea.. but they've got issues..

Okay first of all: I'm almost only playing DM in Guns, so as for the balance, ofc my suggestion/wishes/dreams are gonna be biased.
    Here's how I think they should work (First draft):

-To 'Prime' or 'Activate' the F-Skill you only need either a full set of Lv. 3 Chips (Any other combination of Chips with a combined Lvl of 12 would work too)
    But why? Easy, This makes it more accessible to people, so it feels a little less cheap when you get one shoted by a red Death Ray (I will address that later too)

-To balance this out the ability could be slightly weaker than a full Lv.20 Set (4x lv5). Example: Death ray would need 2-3 'shots' to kill at lowest level, or blue chip eats significantly more sp thus deactivating quicker

I think this is a pretty good compromise between Lv.5 Chips being completely obsolete, since they are so hard/tedious to get.
    Another thought is mixing Sets since I don't like being locked into one pair of clothes either, like Genju said above.

I think that If mixed Sets can still give you an F-Skill then they should Always be the lowest Level Possible, no matter the total Level.
    (as for selecting the f-skill from multiple chips: with 4 possible slots you need at least 3 to achieve Lv12 so it'd obv. be that one)

I'm still split on the idea of mixed Sets granting F-Skills though.

Another Idea of mine was to have a proper Shift-Skill counterpart to the F-Skills (excluding the Green/Yellow one since they don't translate well)
    Those Skills would have to be changed in a way that makes work more in line with the other Shift-Skills.
    As an Example: The Blue one would activate an 360° Shield around you like the F-Counterpart as long as shift is held (or maybe have it as a toggle?). It should consume as much sp as the normal non-Unique Shield, and only block somewhere between 40-80% of incoming damage. It should also be able to cancel any actions that shield can (e.g. reloading, dodge, shooting...).

Also since I've been mixing Esper-Chips for a long time now, and pay more attention to the Stat-increase then the Skill behind it:
    Why do some Lv.5 Chips not improve the Chip whatsoever >.<

• I would say that F skill should stuck only with "Guns mode" it's not hard to get someone away that using F with your gun unlike using swords you're dead if he is using F

'Weakness of attitude becomes a weakness of character.' - Albert Einstein

My nickname in-game is: Richiniro

• F skills IMO are one of the MANY reasons this game went downhill.

I agree with the 1st person who replied. No F skills make for a better s4. Game was fIne for years without em.

• Most of them cant even manage to hit u with red one

Yeah that is pretty hilarious. But it is very damaging when they can kill 3 at once. Just the fact that you can eliminate a key target without any time to react on it makes it pretty broken. Not to mention it doesn't even require SP to activate.