How did you manage to *beep* the Fumbi Half time Show?

• Decided to play after a while to meme it up and I'm just perplexed as to how the game which was already in a terrible state managed to get even worse to where the fumbi animation doesn't even play correctly? Personally, I didn't expect a whole lot out of a company run by a troop of bonobos but still.... really?

And don't get me started on the FPS stutters and drops... and the game constantly crashing when exiting a room.

• The thing you guys can't understand is how badly made and how messed up the current code for S4 League is, it's so messed up that whenever the developers try updating one thing, the whole thing breaks. The current developers have no idea on how to clean up and re-rwite the code which will be the ultimate fix for this game. I don't blame them, after all the previous game developers messed it up, But it shouldn't be such a hard thing to create a fix if you're actually a little experienced with the development language.

• The thing you guys can't understand is how badly made and how messed up the current code for S4 League is, it's so messed up that whenever the developers try updating one thing, the whole thing breaks. The current developers have no idea on how to clean up and re-rwite the code which will be the ultimate fix for this game. I don't blame them, after all the previous game developers messed it up, But it shouldn't be such a hard thing to create a fix if you're actually a little experienced with the development language.

As someone who has been around for so long, I can say the old devs didn't do much better and they were supposedly to know how the code works.

Looks like a lot of things in s4 are just connected/dependent on each other. You change one thing and it breaks something that seems unrelated.

It has less to do with programming knowledge and more to do with how the game is coded.

• As someone who has been around for so long, I can say the old devs didn't do much better and they were supposedly to know how the code works.

Looks like a lot of things in s4 are just connected/dependent on each other.

The current developers have no idea on how to clean up and re-rwite the code which will be the ultimate fix for this game. I don't blame them, after all the previous game developers messed it up

• Everything?

You will probably be able to get the models, textures, sound files, animations but everything else will have to be done on the new engine from scratch.

Well the backend is already there; Login, registration, purchasing, etc.

The other parts are extremely easy for any experienced programmer.

• If it was so easy, games wouldn't take years to make.

Most games*

Most games wouldn't have a previous version to copy from. I'm not sure what your Unity skills are, but a large majority of people with at least 4+ years of C# gameplay programming and networking experience can make a solid S4 clone in a few months... Obviously subtracting models, animations, etc.

• Most games*

Most games wouldn't have a previous version to copy from. I'm not sure what your Unity skills are, but a large majority of people with at least 4+ years of C# gameplay programming and networking experience can make a solid S4 clone in a few months... Obviously subtracting models, animations, etc.

Let me know when it actually happens then cuz so far no one else has made anything s4 related that is playable for public.

You are very wrong if you think making games (good ones especially) is easy/fast.

• Let me know when it actually happens then cuz so far no one else has made anything s4 related that is playable for public.

You are very wrong if you think making games (good ones especially) is easy/fast.

You're just going to ignore Soul Drive?

• This project is abandoned.

I'm aware. But the point still stands that someone, even as seemingly inexperienced as that developer, can create a solid S4 base. Of course I'm ignoring all of the other stuff that game needs like game mode logic, weapon logic, client->server communication, etc.... but as I said, that stuff really isn't hard to do for an experienced developer.

EDIT: I know you were just pointing out it's abandoned. Just wanted to clear up anything else.

• I'm aware. But the point still stands that someone, even as seemingly inexperienced as that developer, can create a solid S4 base. Of course I'm ignoring all of the other stuff that game needs like game mode logic, weapon logic, client->server communication, etc.... but as I said, that stuff really isn't hard to do for an experienced developer.

EDIT: I know you were just pointing out it's abandoned. Just wanted to clear up anything else.

That is far from finished game and it probably still took him a lot to make. Not to mention, a lot of the things seems like taken from the unity store and put together so he already had most of it done.

You probably have never made a game if you think it is so fast and easy.

• That is far from finished game and it probably still took him a lot to make. Not to mention, a lot of the things seems like taken from the unity store and put together so he already had most of it done.

You probably have never made a game if you think it is so fast and easy.

Well, I've got 5+ years of Unity C# experience, specialized in gameplay programming and networking. I'm not talking out of my *ss.

And I think you're still misunderstanding what I'm trying to point out. Recreating S4 with what's already been done wouldn't be hard. If it were legal for me to use the S4 assets (models, music, animations, etc.), and Aeria provided an API to handle shops, user accounts, etc. I would have done it for free.

And I really hope you're not suggesting that S3D was hard to make. S42D is understandable.

• If it were legal for me to use the S4 assets (models, music, animations, etc.), and Aeria provided an API to handle shops, user accounts, etc. I would have done it for free.

That is not how things work. No company will give you resources to make a game without knowing what you are capable of. Which means you should have something ready to show before requiring any resources from them.

And I really hope you're not suggesting that S3D was hard to make. S42D is understandable.

S3D takes time but for all for different reasons. Mostly because under the hood issues that requires time consuming workarounds.

S42D is actually easier to work on (since I have more flexibility there) if I didn't have to make the graphics as well.

• That is not how things work. No company will give you resources to make a game without knowing what you are capable of. Which means you should have something ready to show before requiring any resources from them.

I'm quite aware of that. Not like it matters to Aeria anyway. It's clear that they've given up on putting much resources into S4.

Not to mention, I've heard they don't even accept help from private server devs.

S3D takes time but for all for different reasons. Mostly because under the hood issues that requires time consuming workarounds.

What're the under the hood issues?

EDIT: Are they Unity specific issues, or just fundamental issues from when you first begun to learn?

• I'm quite aware of that. Not like it matters to Aeria anyway. It's clear that they've given up on putting much resources into S4.

Not to mention, I've heard they don't even accept help from private server devs.

If you wanted to make a game, nothing would stop you though.

What're the under the hood issues?

It is never just type of thing. One time it is a compatibility issue. Other times something trivial becomes a show stopper because of being dependent on something else etc.

• If you wanted to make a game, nothing would stop you though.

Can you stick to a single point and stop jumping all over the place? Yeah, nothing is stopping me from making a game. That's not what we're talking about. We were just talking about making something using S4's assets.

It is never just type of thing. One time it is a compatibility issue. Other times something trivial becomes a show stopper because of being dependent on something else etc.

I mean if it's a fundamental issue with your own code, then it shouldn't be hard to fix, more tedious. Of course if you're willing to accept help, I would be happy.

• I mean it still a fact that it would be easier to, really and very simplified, copy paste S4 into unreal than fixing the actual code, the end product would be years light better than what we have, and we'll have

Either way i'm pretty sure this topic deserves a new thread

• We were just talking about making something using S4's assets.

Maybe they are working on one right now but new engine in general means a lot of things will just have to be made from scratch like the netcode for example and other things may not be possible to replicate in the same way.

I mean if it's a fundamental issue with your own code, then it shouldn't be hard to fix, more tedious.

It is not just the code but how the engine works. There is a lot of clunky stuff and it is not very good optimized too. It has its advantages but i just don't like using it.

copy paste S4 into unreal than fixing the actual code

That is is you assume copy pasting will go without any errors. Everything in the game is so dependent on each other that it may not even be doable without reprograming half of the part that you are copying.

• That is is you assume copy pasting will go without any errors. Everything in the game is so dependent on each other that it may not even be doable without reprograming half of the part that you are copying.

I was talking about models. I don't know why you would want the same code that s4 has into unreal

• I was talking about models. I don't know why you would want the same code that s4 has into unreal

As I said, the models will be the easy part. They will still have to do all the coding from scratch though.

There will be other problems too like:

-owned items

-the models still being blocky

-PCs that ran the game before won't be able to handle the U engine.

• I wouldn't mind losing everything on the account if that's the cost of having a reboot for S4, if we take in consideration they would develop a less p2w system (old players don't really have problems anymore with it, but newer ones do still struggle with it)

Reworking the models should be something on their list

S4 League can't keep on and continue in the state that it is and will be in a long time if the server still up by then, it needs a total rework. That's why i see easier to just relaunch it, all cleaned up.