Low performance

• Hello,

Lately I started noticing I am having low FPS while playing S4. This has happened kind of after getting my new PC, It says 61-62 fps though believe me it feels like 30. I wanted to know if anyone has any clue why does it do that?

PC specs:

• Intel Core i5 9600K
    • Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
    • Corsair DDR 4 16G(8GX2) 3000 CL16 Vengeance LPX Black
    • ADATA XPG SSD 256GB SX8200 PRO M.2
    • Seagate HDD 1.0TB 64MB SATA3 Barracuda
    • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660TI GV-N166TWF2OC-6GD

Monitor:

• HP OMEN 144hz

Appreciate the support if any, thanks for reading

• You might be having frame stuttering or sync issues. Go into your NVIDIA control panel and reset the settings to default, then go to "adjust image settings with preview" and select " let 3d application decide" and hit apply.

• You might be having frame stuttering or sync issues. Go into your NVIDIA control panel and reset the settings to default, then go to "adjust image settings with preview" and select " let 3d application decide" and hit apply.

Not the issue as I've already did it before, thanks though.

In what way it feels like 30? Something like input lag or?

Just doesn't feel smoth at all. Like it feels terrible.

Hi,

try to disable vertical syncronization. That sometimes can cause those throttles you're feeling.

Already did, no luck.

Enable vsync and change s4client compatibility to windows xp sp3

Problem solved, GL~

How'd you do that?

• It doesn't sounds like an issue anyone have been complaining before. If it is new PC make sure your drivers are up to date.

Also considering the game is very old, try disabling any fancy new tech like gsync and other stuff like that.

You can also try using 3rd part fps counter that updates more often (i use the demo version of fraps) to see if there are spikes in the fps.

• It's a PC, I don't think you guys are getting that my FPS doesn't go below 60. it says on 62.5, I just don't feel as if it's actually 62 fps. It always shows 62, always feels 30.

• And no, I never had this issue before. but it's weird because my new PC had s4 run perfectly when it arrived until a few weeks ago.

• Would be a shame to not buy a SSD for it!

• It's a PC, I don't think you guys are getting that my FPS doesn't go below 60. it says on 62.5, I just don't feel as if it's actually 62 fps. It always shows 62, always feels 30.

That's why i told u to enable vsync if its enabled and u are still encountering this issue make sure to reset ur graphics card settings from its control panel

Try this before resetting the graphics card settings

-Check your Global graphics settings and look for Wait for vertical refresh and make it "Off, unless application specifics"

try to contact me on discord so i can help u more with this Omar#7806