Cant create or Join to any room...

• Can someone tell why i cant join to any rooms ...? OR cant create.. Its really annoying I tried to create new acc and just nothing..

• Hi lolika06,

since the patch, few players have reported that it worked again after reinstalling the game. What they also do without reinstalling is to join a server, then leave and rejoin it again. After that, join a room

• having the issue too, reinstalled and everything. still unable to join rooms to the point i have to end the game in task manager.

update: if you get the join bug and click graphic options to low, your game will crash instantly

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dirzek ().

• does it also extend over multiple accounts?

Yesn't. I had these issues on both of my accounts, but sometimes switching accounts helped. It's not just me, a friend of mine had the same problem yesterday, switched on another account and it worked. Sometimes it works with both accounts, sometimes with none, sometimes with one or the other. No pattern detected so far.

• Yesn't. I had these issues on both of my accounts, but sometimes switching accounts helped. It's not just me, a friend of mine had the same problem yesterday, switched on another account and it worked. Sometimes it works with both accounts, sometimes with none, sometimes with one or the other. No pattern detected so far.

so it always happens when creating the first room or?

• No. Getting stuck while creating a room, joining a room or rejoining server.

I once started the game 5 times with the same account, same problem every time before I switched account.

Well this is very weird. I tried like 4 accounts and I rarely even get it (never from the first time at least)

i wonder if it is related to a specific item. What do you usually have equipped? (screenshot would be good)

• I reinstalled the game and it got fixed for like 20ish games i got DC and it started again ... Very cute :D

Best workaround: Make a fresh installation, copy and zip it as backup.

As soon as you run into errors, restore your game from the zip... xDD

• I reinstalled the game and it got fixed for like 20ish games i got DC and it started again ... Very cute

Can you try the following and tell me if it changes anything:

Go to the game folder then delete all the files inside "flush" and "profile" folders.

After that start the game again.

• Can you try the following and tell me if it changes anything:

Go to the game folder then delete all the files inside "flush" and "profile" folders.

After that start the game again.

I'm currently testing again with my main account.

Reinstalling, using other accounts, rejoining servers, 1 naked char etc.

No results so far.

I deleted the files you said, didn't do the trick.

Yesterday I was able to join without issues, today it's bugged again xD

• I deleted s4_userdata.s4... was able to create a room.

I'm going to test it further in the next days and give you an update on it's behavoir.

Btw did you use the glyph launcher before that? If it turns out to the be settings file it may be because of it.

• Happened to me yesterday when i used an account with vsync disabled, it's like if the game loaded too fast u will get that bug. I'd say open the game, spend a couple mins in the lobby before creating or joining a room and see if it works

MakeS4GreatAgain

The post was edited 1 time, last by Voar ().

• Happened to me yesterday when i used an account with vsync disabled, it's like if the game loaded too fast u will get that bug. I'd say open the game, spend a couple mins in the lobby before creating or joining a room and see if it works

I never get it no matter how fast I create a room. I never use vsync either.

• So did that fix it for you or?

I tried to confirm it.

Because yesterday (after deleting s4_userdata.s4) and earlier today I could join rooms without issues, always first try.

In the evening I couldn't join rooms anymore (tried 3 times), so I deleted s4_userdata.s4 again.

It worked for 1 time, restarted the game and it was bugged again for the next 3 tries.

So I tried it again (had to start/quit S4 once without bug, to write a new s4_userdata.s4 file).

But I still got the join bug... *babyrage*

To be honest.. I don't know anymore.

As soon as you think you found something out, S4 says "nope, it's not that easy"...

• How fast the game loads for you? Do you also get Authentication error sometimes?

• How fast the game loads for you? Do you also get Authentication error sometimes?

Game needs around 50s - 1m 20s.

And no, I don't get Authentication errors.

Edit: I was afk in lobby after looking how long it takes for startup (for like 10min) and created a room (just to see if it bugs again)... worked..

giphy.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by Schoggi ().

• Just to make sure we all talk about the same time:

My time was from the login to the press any key screen.

Vsync doesn't affect the time in loadingscreen (screen between server selection and channel selection) for me.

It's always just a few seconds. :shrug:

• Just to make sure we all talk about the same time:

My time was from the login to the press any key screen.

Vsync doesn't affect the time in loadingscreen (screen between server selection and channel selection) for me.

It's always just a few seconds. :shrug:

Then it's override disabled by the graphics card settings

• Try this with another player:
    The other player creates a room, you try to join the room. If the room join bug occurs for you, let the other player invite you to his room. After a couple of seconds, you should get the message that the connection to the relay server is interrupted which you can bypass by clicking Esc key. After that you should play normally. Tested this method successfully several times with a second notebook. I don't know if the room join bug would occur a second time as I am not getting it this often.

• Is there any known solution to this? I've been plagued by this for a couple of months now and nothing seems to be able to fix the issue. Any update on this would be cool.

• Try this

Join Argon > Create a room > leave the room and the server > join Neon and equip anything > join any room

This worked with me today so hope it will work with ya

• I managed to create a room on Argon. Then I left, joined Neon, equipped something random and tried to join another room. Didn't work. Tried it again to no avail. After those two times, I couldn't even create a room on any other server anymore. Kinda sad seeing S4 end up like this.. Either way, thanks for trying to help guys.

• I managed to create a room on Argon. Then I left, joined Neon, equipped something random and tried to join another room. Didn't work. Tried it again to no avail. After those two times, I couldn't even create a room on any other server anymore. Kinda sad seeing S4 end up like this.. Either way, thanks for trying to help guys.

There was also a suggestion about reducing the game resolution. You can give it a go even though I don't see how it may be related.