Speaking about the new RG

• Hi all, as you may have noticed they changed back the RG.

Damage: 18 -> 36
    Damage (Full Charged): 76 -> 130
    Magazine: 8 -> 4
    Reload Amount: 2 -> 1
    FOV: 25 -> 15
    Delay Time: 0.65 sec. -> 1 sec.
    Critical Damage Modifier: 0%
    Press left click: Shooting
    Hold left click: Start Charging
    Press right click: Zoom in/ out

So basically, this rg is more trash than the BETA one because it doesn't knockback at full charge, and it doesn't one shot anyone at full charge who only has prem (even tho they don't have enchants or hp 30+ you WON'T OS them unless you hit them in the head). It also takes 4s to full charge it (the last one had a 1s charge, so less than 2x the damage of the old one for 4x more charge time) What does it means ? Well trash and unplayable, that's it.

We shall see how it goes

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yaethus ().

• Lets wait and see. The time will tell.

Tbh if it has knockback that will makes the ss obsolete and the slowdown effect felt just cheap and basically a free kill.

That's not about time, we all know what will happens, it's literally a cheaper version of the beta one. And the beta one wasn't played anymore when prem and enchant came because of all the defense it gaves. 1 month max until no one plays it anymore

• That's not about time, we all know what will happens, it's literally a cheaper version of the beta one. And the beta one wasn't played anymore when prem and enchant came because of all the defense it gaves. 1 month max until no one plays it anymore

Idk. The rg was already overshadowing the ss and cannonade even before the rework.

• I rather have a useless RG than an overpowered one that's breaking a whole mode (looking at you, Chaser).

Maddog also said there probably will be more changes to it.

I'm glad they now seem to know how to change the weapons and hope the balance feedback threads from last year will be usefull now.

• I rather have a useless RG than an overpowered one that's breaking a whole mode (looking at you, Chaser).

Maddog also said there probably will be more changes to it.

I'm glad they now seem to know how to change the weapons and hope the balance feedback threads from last year will be usefull now.

Yeah. I was actually surprised they were able to revert it instead of just changing 1 value or something.

Heh. Whenever seomeone sniped me in chaser. If i got out then i kill them with MS :). Rage rage the little rg kid. I put it on just for that.

Can you focus on toolers next? I really hate to play against airhug macro that shoots faster than hmg.

The post was edited 2 times, last by DarkCL18 ().

• Pretender - balancing and gameplay change:

Basically the pretender is op now.

• Pretender - balancing and gameplay change:

Basically the pretender is op now.

Doesn't really matter. It is going to be changed anyway.

• I noticed the "slowing" effect isn't working on full charged shots, is this intentional or is it still being worked on?

• Doesn't really matter. It is going to be changed anyway.

I beg you pardon? Is this a bad joke? In my opinion it matters a lot.

Ofc it will be fixed with the next patch (at least I hope so), but it doesn't change the fact that the weapon is unfairly overpowered.

Double magazin size with the same reload speed and almost half the charge time compared with the normal Railgun...

The weapon skin is basically pay to win now xD

Also I think it's good to know for everyone, since the patchnotes say that they didnt change Pretender at all...

No pretender rooms incoming.. lul.

• So what do you suggest?

Better internal testing and don't implement patches with errors and other bugs.

There is also something like last minutes touches..

So everyone can abuse it. Genius.

It's not about abusing. It's about awareness, since Aeria Games writes the patch notes poorly af. Genius.

Edit: A problem doesn't solve itself just because you don't talk about it or hide it. Aeria Games in a nutshell.

giphy.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by Schoggi ().

• I don't see an issue with announcing it itself. They showed that they can balance weapons and that the rest will follow. Shall the players have fun with the pretender while it lasts, though it was never fun to use the rail gun before the balance. Also since it's just one skin, it means that not everyone has it as well.

• I don't see an issue with announcing it itself. They showed that they can balance weapons and that the rest will follow. Shall the players have fun with the pretender while it lasts, though it was never fun to use the rail gun before the balance. Also since it's just one skin, it means that not everyone has it as well.

Tho rn it went from op to useless.

Btw, we all are amazed, one weapon changed makes the half time match and results bugged (+the respawn broken).

They rather stop touching the game, it's already annoying to crash while entering a room, leaving a room, to freeze thanks to entry lags, may crash thanks to entry, to get the server relay problem if the serv is full, etc etc.

No rly, stop it pls

• Balance? To be honest, it's more like reverting the railgun to its old form. It feels like they just changed some files and didn't do balancing themself. In my opinion, it would have been better to keep the shooting mechanic of the new railgun, adjust numbers like dmg and magazin size and remove the slow.

Well, about the pretender skin: we all agree on that it will be fixed soon.

But you have to admit the information from the patchnotes "Pretender (Rail Gun) - changes haven't been applied yet" is just wrong, since some changes were applied.

• It has happened already

That prevents it from happening in the fist place.

You don't have to solve problems if you can avoid them :bigthink:

Awareness is good when it provides solution for the issue, not when it is making it worse.

Awareness and transparency is always good, for several reasons.

I think I don't have to explain that further, but just a little example:

A player abuses pretender and other players report him for tooling because they don't know about the fact, that the pretender was changed like that.

glitch.exe promised us more transparency aswell. That's why I see no point about keeping facts secret.

• They have already mentioned the pretender in the patch notes which means they are aware if someone gets reported for it.

• This new RG feels much more fair. However I think it should have some of its Critical Damage Modifier back for head shots, (at least enough to ensure a kill with a full charge regardless of stats). It's a sniping weapon, aiming for the head should be rewarding.

• However I think it should have some of its Critical Damage Modifier back for head shots, (at least enough to ensure a kill with a full charge regardless of stats). It's a sniping weapon, aiming for the head should be rewarding.

Crits should be considered as such even uncharged

but since they can change the things now, maybe it will come back after playtesting and feedback has come in.

• This new RG feels much more fair. However I think it should have some of its Critical Damage Modifier back for head shots, (at least enough to ensure a kill with a full charge regardless of stats). It's a sniping weapon, aiming for the head should be rewarding.

Maybe not by a lot but right now it is kinda pointless to aim for the head even if headshots can be just luck a lot of times.

• However I think it should have some of its Critical Damage Modifier back for head shots

I agree with you, it should be rewarding to hit the head and an oneshot, but only if full charged + headshot (for every kind of stats).

But the crit damage isn't gone completly, if you play with crit enchants or stong esper chips you still get more damage with crits (headshot is still considered as crit hit).

Since the base damage value went up and the crit damage is calculated with %, you can even oneshot players with bodyshots (random crit enchants) in some cases.

• What? They actually did it? Awesome!

EDIT: Aiming might not be my strong point, but I'm looking forward to trying out the weapon in the near future. Queue the old Flamzypants montages for inspiration:

• We are aware that the Pretender is still in a state where it shouldn't be.

We are working to change it with the next patch, maybe already the next week.
    We've discovered this issue at the end of the patch and couldn't change it anymore, since it needs a client site patch and thus a new patch build is needed.

We understand that this shouldn't have happened and we've learned from it.

• I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a feedback thread about the "new" rail since even the PM was talking about it in Discord yesterday or so. At least officially. Personally all I care about is the controls, not the power of it since it goes over my head o3o

Or that's just me expecting it.

I want something stronger than a moment, love.