Everything wrong with S4 League

• not even going to mention the lag.

-Beginner channel. No one new is going to actually get into the game if they have no one to play with. All it does is put a bad impression on the new players and force existing players to farm games to level up in order to play in the regular channel. Idiots.

-Balancing. How is it that trash players are able to carry games? You see the same cancer in each game you play, it takes all the skill factor and fun out of the game. It boggles my mind the changes that have been made to the weapons, its like they're actually trying to kill their game. Good luck trying to play chaser mode with rail gun, TD with iron boots, and DM with heal. Idiots.

-Pay to win. I understand that its to make money, but doing so, also killed the game. If no pay to win aspect was in the game, and the game was still as popular as it was in the past, this game could've been a major eSport such as CSGO. They could've made money and kept the game alive by just selling cosmetics and account stuff, nothing that actually changes gameplay, such as Fortnite, CSGO, and Overwatch. Idiots.

-Events. These ingame forum events make no sense, all that it does is encourage players to farm for the rewards. The actual ingame holiday events also encourage farming and even worse, team stacks. Idiots.

-Split playerbase. You got like 4/5 of the population into playing only swords, then the other 1/5 of the playerbase that play guns. I guess thats the community's fault.

-No competitiveness. This game is a competitive game, but people only play casually. There needs to be a matchmaking system or a good clan war system. The clan war channel at the moment is trash, no one is ever in it, and when you actually try to have a clan war match, it rarely works.

-No incentive. Daily missions get stale, you reroll until you get something that you can do, then do it and get off. Bring back the weekly missions and have someone who is competent and knows the game come up with these. Leveling up is also stale, you have some decent rewards on the in between, but most of the rewards are utterly garbage. It encourages players to farm or use hacks to level up in order to get the boosters. Idiots.

-Coupon shop. What. Bring back the old coupon shop. Idiots.

-Magazine esper chips. Utterly retarded. Needs to be scaled based on the magazine capacity of the weapon, having 3 extra shots in your revolver is a lot more better than 3 extra shots in your assault rifle. No possible way to acquire these chips other than a GM paytowish, bring it back in the arcade caps to give players incentive to play arcade, believe it or not, I actually enjoy playing arcade. Idiots.

-Developers. Quite literally, with each patch that comes out, it makes the game worse. This should not be the case, and should be the opposite. As the game keeps on dying, the developers are getting more desperate for money, so they release these patches that kill the game even more but do generate revenue in the short term. This is known as a positive feedback loop. Its a cycle that keeps on getting worse and worse. Idiots.

There are many more flaws to this game, but I think these are the primary ones. It pains me to see S4 League in such a sorry state, this game could've been so much more. I know that these problems probably aren't going to get fixed, but wanted to address them anyway. If the game keeps going at the rate as it is going now, it is inevitably going to die. Take notes from the shutdown of the Korean and Latino servers, dont be like them, changes have to be made. I'm going to end this with one last statement. Idiots.

• I agree with some of your points. But you just insulted all the time so you're not interested in any discussion anyway and just wanted to get some free attention. You had some. You can leave this forum now. Thanks.

• I agree with the whole Rail Gun thing. After 8+ Years with this game, I can say that the devs aren't really the brightest, I'm not insulting them, but this is just an observation.

I've made three threads about Railgun alone, some users made multiples as well, and yet the weapon is not touched. Everyone has been crying about repairs and bombs since forever and it took them two years minimum to implement these changes.

There's a disconnect between the players and the developers. My assumption is that ether they don't get any feedback at all or they just don't care. The way how rail operates in chaser which absolutely breaks the mode and would have been patched by a competent developer long ago.

He's also right about the events, its just pure farming.

• I strongly agree with those who have hostility and hatred for you and are trying to sabotage the way you play

Insulting and threatening

Not only is there a threat of hacking, there are people who exploit other things :)

• I don't think the rail gun buff was a coincidence. Ever notice it's usually the most complained about weapons that get "buffed" or "tweaked"? Rail Gun for Unlimited, Breaker for OS. Boots for TD. To be honest I still think 60 damage per BR swing is way too much, and it was fine at 45. The Rail currently is just stupid especially in Chaser. If they aren't gonna revert the rail, please at least add it to the restricted list on "Chaser only" mode.

• I don't think the rail gun buff was a coincidence. Ever notice it's usually the most complained about weapons that get "buffed" or "tweaked"? Rail Gun for Unlimited, Breaker for OS. Boots for TD. To be honest I still think 60 damage per BR swing is way too much, and it was fine at 45. The Rail currently is just stupid especially in Chaser. If they aren't gonna revert the rail, please at least add it to the restricted list on "Chaser only" mode.

I don't play chaser just for that, is there always someone with a sniper bothering doing wallshot.

• It'll be hard for us idiots to understand everything here ;P
    I have a question.

What kind of event would you say would make sense?

In the past we had events where you could get rewards for several games per day (with those token events), so we actually reduced them to fewer coins per day (or more per game), so that you get your items in a few games that you'd probably play anyway.

But what would be an event where you aren't farming and would be fun? I'd love to hear some ideas. Don't worry too much about implementation difficulty, just drop some ideas.

I have a question.

In the past we had events where you could get rewards for several games per day (with those token events), so we actually reduced them to fewer coins per day (or more per game), so that you get your items in a few games that you'd probably play anyway.

But what would be an event where you aren't farming and would be fun? I'd love to hear some ideas. Don't worry too much about implementation difficulty, just drop some ideas.

To begin with, add again autokick afk.

• Sadly the only way I think players won't farm events is if they're monitored by GMs. With the amount of "Jump (not so disguised farm) rooms" we see in game, we know they'll farm at any chance they're given. Even if there are many rooms, and GMs check on each one, we know they'll just "pretend" to play while they enter, and then proceed back to farming when they leave.

Also, what about a team oriented DM event? Focusing on assist points rather than being that op hero with the most personal kills?

Or how about an event based on Style, (Based on one of the 4 S's in S4)? Where you and your friends record the most stylish team oriented combo attack you can think of in GIF or Video format? (For example, Teamate A Launches someone into the air with Exo, then Teamate B Headshots launched enemy player with Sharpshooter).

• Sadly the only way I think players won't farm events is if they're monitored by GMs. With the amount of "Jump (not so disguised farm) rooms" we see in game, we know they'll farm at any chance they're given. Even if there are many rooms, and GMs check on each one, we know they'll just "pretend" to play while they enter, and then proceed back to farming when they leave.

Also, what about a team oriented DM event? Focusing on assist points rather than being that op hero with the most personal kills?

Or how about an event based on Style, (Based on one of the 4 S's in S4)? Where you and your friends record the most stylish team oriented combo attack you can think of in GIF or Video format? (For example, Teamate A Launches someone into the air with Exo, then Teamate B Headshots launched enemy player with Sharpshooter).

The problem with the DM event is that everyone would get other players on low HP and then just not kill them, since obviously killing does not help you in an way, which would eventually probably end in a very unfun game where you have to "snipe" assists, which would be awkward imo. I see your idea though.

• But what would be an event where you aren't farming and would be fun? I'd love to hear some ideas. Don't worry too much about implementation difficulty, just drop some ideas.

Maybe just having a new mode and then have rewards for doing a task specific to it or just playing it. Then have a daily limit of 3-5 event items. The snowball fight event was very scessful imo though the win requirement should go imo or the praticipation rewards shoul be better.

Another sucessful event that we had in the past is giving an event capsule at random times when making a kill.

• Hm well how about this:

First of all we need event items. What do I mean with that?
    Lets say you make a list of items that are going to be available only while a event is running (like SST items only are available for winning the SST (SST = Super Sonic Tournament), that can be weapon, pet, set skins or unique skills (like the metal fumbi)

The next thing is not to show the items what they can get in game, means it is just a idk black icon that says for example "event item". They can get them but they can not open them until the event is over. Why? When they don't know what they get they can't judge if they want/need it or not. (still in form of caps tho)

Make a higher player limit for the rooms. If it is at least 4v4 the 8v1 farmrooms are useless.

You only can get the "event item" when you win the game. Means if you win the game you get it. If you loose the game you won't get it. And you only have lets say 3 chances. If you loose all 3 games you end up with nothing at all. You can't just play 3times more like the snowball fight event we had to get the winning items. And this resets every day.

Well that was my idea to that^^

Edit: Forgot to mention that leaving = auto lose. The thing is the vote kick abuse tho...

• First of all, before starting a productive discussion, like the adults are supposed to do, let's clear a misunderstanding I'll never stress enough to point out: Aeria (Gamigo, now?) is the publisher of S4L in NA/EU.

A very important point, that in my opinion is worth as one, as they are all related is the once concerning Competitive playing, Pay to Win and Balance.

Right now (more like always), S4 is a game where everyone wants to win, no matter what, kicking is one of the ways, for sure, then we have enchants, chips, FP (even if they are so common I can't consider it anymore pay to win).

Now that I've specified in a better way this small introduction to the matter, let's go straight up in dept.

The game is "competitive" (above I stated everyone wants to win), and I think pretty much everyone agrees S4 has a huge division line between two possible playstyles:
    Traditional (using old school weapons like smash);
    Go for the win (Boots, Rail, Bombs);

Now, if we take in accounts the simple stuffs I stated above we can clarely see where the issue between what S4 could be but isnt, and what S4 really is.

No matter what, the wide majority prefers to win in a effortless way than improving, by a simple process: lose and learn. Stating this actually proves that it's not only a fault of the Devs (which is, once again, not Aeria), but of the wrong mindset people approach the game; with this current mindset you can't have a competitive scene where everyone doesnt have his own unique playstyle because it changes with the meta of the weapons (how many people randomly got into boots?). Last but not least, people don't partecipate to tournaments anymore because they mostly can't go for the easy way, and state that "the usual teams will go ahead, which is what, again, marks the thin line between what we have and what we could have had.

As everyone's feedback (such as yours, if we don't consider the several idiots you were putting around) matters, the two faces of S4's community will collide with an obvious defeat of the competitive side, over the "lazy" side, which proves everyone's opinion matters, and one is the minority.

Since I'm still in the topic of Feedbacks, since when Dasher came as PM, and he's been succeeded by a returning Kara, the way feedbacks are valuated has sure improve and I find the game a bit better than one year ago or so, despite every difficulty during the Journey of an old game such as S4.

Let's go a bit more in depth for what concerns the stats, I find the game quite playable even without amazing (if not PEN) stats, but this comes with the skill of each player, that's it, when S4 was launched the format of "who pays gets better stats" was really solid and, willingly or not, people accepted it, now, with the touchdown pass mode, we had a "no stat option", I'd love to see it outside the touchdown pass, and expanded in every mode the game has to offer, that would sure be a step forward.

Clanstacks are a consequence of the dead clan channel, nothing new, I personally find more enjoyable to play against a stack, than random players, it's more challenging. Regardless I dont find wrong seeing 5 or so friends playing togheter in the same team, just for the fun, or clanmates that want to work on their teamwork.

Last, but not least, and I was about to forget about it, S4 peer to peer connection makes the possible competitive scene quite hard to see.

If you managed to read this far, thanks for reading it,
    Cheers

I have a question.

Now this may be a bit out there, but how about something like a random weapon mode? Call it mystery weapon or something similar, make it any game mode, and give the players 3 random weapons upon each death. And give rewards after completing a match. Not sure how that would play out but it's something i guess.

• Now this may be a bit out there, but how about something like a random weapon mode? Call it mystery weapon or something similar, make it any game mode, and give the players 3 random weapons upon each death. And give rewards after completing a match. Not sure how that would play out but it's something i guess.

That may actually be fun.

• Now this may be a bit out there, but how about something like a random weapon mode? Call it mystery weapon or something similar, make it any game mode, and give the players 3 random weapons upon each death. And give rewards after completing a match. Not sure how that would play out but it's something i guess.

I was thinking more about a big map mode where the ppl get split up in random 3ppl teams and they get random equipment (same eq for every team) and a team drops out if every member is gone. the map is going to get smaller every minute.

feels like a stolen concept but no clue where I saw something similar like this xD

I have a question.

the forum events taken place by some of the GMs are ridiculous. the ingame events such like the ones with the tokens are okay however it encourages team stacking in order to get the maximum rewards you can get out of the event. you have to make it so that forum events are taken place in a reasonable map/mode, where players would be happy to play without having to farm for it. for the ingame events, i think the tokens are okay for this, however you must make it so that all players get the same reward after a game, no matter of if they won or lost. you must also place a reasonable limit on how many coins you can get in a day so that players dont have to farm to get the maximum amount of coins you can get per day. there needs to be more of these ingame events, i feel as if there is no variability in the game. there should be much more to do after you've completed your daily mission. if you ever played fortnite, you would know that they have weekly events you could do, but for a cost. weekly missions were a thing of the past, but now no more. i dont understand why they were disposed of. you must choose tasks on players would be willing to do and at the same time get them out of their preferred style of play. either way however, with the lag inflecting some of the players, such as myself, has rendered them unable to play the game. i honestly dont even want to play this game anymore because of how laggy it gets, nevermind trying to do events for it. this is a more crucial situation over trying to figure out which events are to be taken place.

• The problem with the DM event is that everyone would get other players on low HP and then just not kill them, since obviously killing does not help you in an way, which would eventually probably end in a very unfun game where you have to "snipe" assists, which would be awkward imo. I see your idea though.

You wouldn't have to snipe assist, that was just an example of one of the team moves possible. There is so many more possibilities than the example I've given. I just think it could be interesting to see what players would do together for an event like this. c:

Edit: Oh my bad you were talking about the DM Assist point idea...I should of mentioned that those two things were different event ideas. Assist Kill Event and Team Attack Event. The DM Assist event imo should be monitored if it became a thing, and it should play like regular DM. No farming for free assist kills, etc. All assist kills should be legit, and look natural. Players at the end of the match would take a SS of their Tab screen to show how many Assist kills they got.

And for the Team attack event, players could just go into a private room and record their team combo attack, and then link the GIF or Video afterwards. It's about style, and so it doesn't have to be a useful team combo, but it should just be fun or cool to watch. c:

• The game suffers the common issue of having its retention seeking systems feel like chores instead of an activity.Having the rewards be removed from the core gameplay loop and feel like a totaly different game seperate from the fps.You can throw all the costumes and reskins that you can muster and plead people to take the time to unlock them.But apart from ocd completionists most people id guess will get what they like and stick with it.

Using Winterstorms Underwatch as an example the weekly rotating game modes with quirks would be a much better way of getting people back in the door weekly.Maybe have some random leaderboard minigames on a seperate tab?Some emotes?

Also ive been out of the loop but last i remmeber the game had no matchmaking?Maybe rooms arent the way to go.Have ranked and QP matchmade games and private public rooms that dont give stuff towards events missions and so on?Thats a big shake up of how the game operates and might be impossible due to how historically disconnected the games production and distribution has been.But the core game is fun everything around it unfortunately screams outdated and i dont mean stupid trends just the experience is far from other game offerings.And the proof is in the pudding.And if you stick with room based matchmaking bring the lobby back put some second life furniture in it.Give the king the ability to show off what he earned/lucked into.

• I'll put my opinions out there:

-Beginner channel: I made a new account and had a peak in there. Worst I saw there was hack tool users and pro people who claim they aren't good enough for the main channel. There is plenty of people there, just alot of them discourage new players as most are not new.

-Balancing: Rather unbalanced, I agree. But define "Trash" players. If it is defined by the weapons they use, then why not adapt and overcome instead of blaming others. Rail in chaser? I use a cannonade and win that. Boots in TD? I cannonade there too.. works just fine. Heals in DM? Fight smarter, not that hard.

-Pay to win: Forcepacks and premium gear is far easier to obtain now than it ever was. My new account has full on premium gear with out spending a dime. It just needed patience and wise spending. P2W is not longer an excuse imo, only things money can get you know is different looks and maybe a perm skill easier.

-Events. I can't argue with the farmable events, but that's the same across every game I play online so there's no hate from me.

-Split playerbase: S4 has pretty much turned to Stylish eSper Sword Sports. Most updates give us melee weapons, it's to be expected.

-No competitiveness: I used to be competitive in this game, I calmed down ALOT. I'm casual now (especially after a few surgeries). It's an old game.. i don't expect much competition from players. Especially since Unlimited players are outnumbered 5-1, most of us are friendly and like fighting each other even if we lose horribly.

-No incentive: My incentive is seeing friends, or rather, people who I tolerate. I don't believe that items are needed to make someone play a game.

-Coupon shop: No real complaint, nor argument. CP tends to go to waste now with terrible eSper chips, but the unique caps aren't so bad.

-Magazine esper chips: If you enjoy playing arcade, then you don't need eSper chips added as an incentive. They were also once given in Icaps and Gcaps back in the day. Those were nice to have as you had a chance to get the FP and you had a chance to get a perm eSper chip for that weapon type.

-Developers: They haven't been on point.. not for a while. Sometimes they bring out something nice but I don't think I have had a patch update that made me happy... of course I would be happier with a new type of cannonade to go for :3.

You don't have to call ppl idiots. Are you 5? Try to be a bit more mature about your frustrations. I know there are problems in the game but I don't call players, devs, or staff idiots. I prefer to voice my opinion civilly rather than throwing slurs out there.

• I remember when in the past we even got "the turbo thing bar". the devs at that time they could not exploit the potential for the chaser in my opinion , instead we got that bar only for TD and DM and the things got pretty messy with the umbalance of that bar

The burning was still alive in Latin S4. Idk why they removed burning from our version.

• I remember when in the past we even got "the turbo thing bar". the devs at that time they could not exploit the potential for the chaser in my opinion , instead we got that bar only for TD and DM and the things got pretty messy with the umbalance of that bar

if you are referring to the burning buff you can still select it from the room settings. Adding the buff itself was the most horrible idea (and the esper skills are almost as bad)

• agree with most but to be honest its way too late at this point the devs never fixed those problems and we in a point that just about 1000 players are online we should just accept stuff as is cause i doubt s4 could make a comback

• agree with most but to be honest its way too late at this point the devs never fixed those problems and we in a point that just about 1000 players are online we should just accept stuff as is cause i doubt s4 could make a comback

Those 1000 ppl are not set on stone. If the game becomes better and is worth it enough, old players may return and new ones may be willing to join (as far as they don't get kicked every time when they try to play)

• everything wrong with s4: their team is full of people that are not interested in making the game better anyhow

For example: GS's who dont care much about the playerbase and hang around discord the whole day muting and banning everyone there as soon as somebody said something they considered "wrong". Not to mention the GS's that were sharing their accounts with hackers.

Aeria which is only interested in milking this game till the end, I assure u they pretty much gave up on s4 and will not do anything to make it better anyhow because thats not in their best interest. As long as the money keep coming it, which I assure u does, even the smallest sum, they wont do anything about it because they are still getting money for doing literally nothing lol.

That being said s4 cannot be saved anymore unless it is picked up by some good company that is going to improve this game for the best. Maybe get a better team of GS's GM's and CM's

• I see that you got few wrong viewpoints. First of all, we don't just ban on discord we warn those with bad behaviour and if we didn't care about the playerbase, would we answer your questions or would I answer to this reply? We know that the game has gone through a lot in the past and it can go only better starting now. Also, a GS account was never shared with hackers. That being said, I can only recommend you to wait for further news from our side, since we also highly have to depend on the developers. You may not think it but we all take our work seriously by bringing out events, supporting the players on forum, discord and ingame. We also started to stream again. If you have any issues with something a GM has done wrong, don't hold back on poking me or a CM in this regard

• I don't see hang doing nothing of the sort plus the CM's and GM's is doing their job correctly and did you report it I and I see nobody is complaining but you

• I see that you got few wrong viewpoints. First of all, we don't just ban on discord we warn those with bad behaviour and if we didn't care about the playerbase, would we answer your questions or would I answer to this reply? We know that the game has gone through a lot in the past and it can go only better starting now. Also, a GS account was never shared with hackers. That being said, I can only recommend you to wait for further news from our side, since we also highly have to depend on the developers. You may not think it but we all take our work seriously by bringing out events, supporting the players on forum, discord and ingame. We also started to stream again. If you have any issues with something a GM has done wrong, don't hold back on poking me or a CM in this regard

Are you for real? I personally witnessed a GS account on Discord getting hacked and messing up ur official discord ... why are you trying to hide your team's incompetence so much, there were a lot of people who witnessed it as well. I've seen people on discord getting banned just because they said the word "homophobe" to a GS for censoring words like g.ay or le.sbian, without any notice. Not to mention the constant ignorance in discord from the team's GS's. And lemme get this right ... events? Your so called events are the same thing overdone 6541648 times. Yeah the BR event where u had to kill the GS and take a screen was fun a few times but afterwards it got boring, plus it is not like you could get anything from those caps since the chances are so low unless u had an 100% booster or a x5 booster. That being said I am disappointed with the so called GM's trying to hide things and hiding everything from the players.