For the love of God, please: REVERT RAIL GUN

• How does everyone feel about this? 27

1. Old Railgun (25) 93%
    2. New Railgun (2) 7%

I might be biased here, since Railgun is all I play, but there's no way around it.

Railgun is one of the most messed up weapons in the game. Everything has been said over and over, but it seems like everyone just gave up on this.

It's like oh well... they're never gonna do it at this point.

There's no denying it is an issue and it has been like this for a long time, but you guys can still easily fix this. It's never too late, going back on a change you made will only make us really happy with close to no effort on the dev-team's part.

Please, bring back the weapon that so many people loved and get rid of this broken disgrace that is plaguing the game.

• They probably can't do it(revert it to its previous form) else they would have done it already. Everyone knows about the RG issue bro, even the people who don't play are aware.

All you can do is hope & wait that they do something.

• They probably can't do it(revert it to its previous form) else they would have done it already. Everyone knows about the RG issue bro, even the people who don't play are aware.

All you can do is hope & wait that they do something.

Why shouldn't they be able to revert it? Every bigger software project uses a version control system. And these systems provide easy methods to revert former changes.

I think that RG does not have the highest priority now. Moreover I think we need a real rebalancing and not just a rg change cause dagger and bombs are op, too (in my opinion).

Also we need a rebalancing between pen and ap stats (even if it will never happen). Here I'd suggest to make it at least possible to buy perm +10 weapons in the pen shop. Or give new players the blake/emily sets in the reward for levelup to level 1 (cause the mmo bomb event will end somewhen and not everyone knows about it) so they are not one-hitted when they have to play in the free channel but that is another topic

But as unlimited player I'd like to see the old rg, too. The new one is just annoying cause it literally has auto-aim and no cooldown.

If you're getting hit once you almost have no chance to escape cause your movement is slowed down (if you don't use skills like shield, block or metallic that can block further attacks).

• Why shouldn't they be able to revert it? Every bigger software project uses a version control system. And these systems provide easy methods to revert former changes.

But as unlimited player I'd like to see the old rg, too. The new one is just annoying cause it literally has auto-aim and no cooldown.

^this @ version

bs @auto-aim and no cooldown. First, there is no autoaim in that.

charged: Pre-shot-time has been significantly reduced but is still there (and remarkable in comparison to an already zoomed sharp)

The reduced post-shot-cd is a thing. I mean it doesn't matter if you play shield or bind alongsideit anyway, but i am fine with weapons and skills synergizing like that.

In any case, there is no way around the pre-shot-time.

@topic

The most complaints i see ingame are because of the new uncharged and the long slow time, and I really agree to those ( even though I only ever see the uncharged as the victim for i am not capable of hitting that).

I'd rather have it back to a blow on highcharge, taken out the slow, but leaving in its standard disruption effect in any case.

Changing back the shooting mechanic would imo deserve a damage upgrade for it was quite weak before its change.

If leaving the shooting mechanic as is, maybe increase the possible max charge time (with dmg scaling respectively), have the blow only on high or max charge, else only disruption and get rid of the uncharged (left click only) attack or at least take away its blow, giving it disruption.

Both versions of railgun have their problems and would need being updated.

Sadly, considering for how long thebalance suggestion thread exists and for how long nothing happened in that regard, I don't have much hope for it being changed soon. My hope remains that they gain control over the everything and be able to one day have balance patches again (and probably in quicker and more senseful succession)

• It already managed to kill Chaser mode completely.

Even if they can't revert it, it should be possible to make it close enough to the old version or at least nerf it enough so the game can be playable again.

I still can't believe they took a completely balanced weapon that no one ever complained about and ruined it with such changes.

• About the version control...If I recall correctly, they lost evertyhing in terms of history of previous versions as well as some source codes for several S4 projects. This might be one of the several reasons....

• I really don't get it either. Rail Gun is broken and everyone knows that. Chaser got killed, as Hella already pointed out. Now their argument is that balancing is really diffucult and tweaking one weapon make another weapon stronger as it doesn't get countered anymore and such and that the changes to one weapon have implications for all the other weapons.

That's plain stupid in my opinion. The game already is broken. Disable the railgun, nerf it to the ground, whatever. Just take it out of the game for now and bring it back once you're balancing everything.

• It already managed to kill Chaser mode completely.

Even if they can't revert it, it should be possible to make it close enough to the old version or at least nerf it enough so the game can be playable again.

I still can't believe they took a completely balanced weapon that no one ever complained about and ruined it with such changes.

Yeah considering the old shooting mechanic, they could possibly take that from the canno and hasten the pre- and past-shot timings a bit ( at least i think the canno is slower in both regards when compared to the old RG), that should get them close enough.

Disagree about the comment on balance. RG was barely used and for good reason. It just couldn't keep up with the popular weapons.

The remake was not a good improvement anyway

RG was barely used and for good reason. It just couldn't keep up with the popular weapons.

That's just not true though

Railgun has always been used widely, just less than smash rifle and such. You don't see every player sniping in every FPS, the vast majority prefer much easier roles.

It just had a high skill cap, either you were good with it and kept playing it successfully, or it was just meh without any practice

• No, it got demolished by sharp, the moment that came out. With an easily superior shooting mechanic and stronger zoom (fair enough, reducing the view makes that vulnerable) the RG didn't have much chance of moving out of cover much.

Imo the biggest problem is the increasing tankiness of people. It had been a thing shooting people once with a fully charged RG with the wallsmash killing them ( no hp mastery ). The high charge time and bad shooting mechanic just made it not worth the time considering its damage output just before its change, where this wasn't even close to happening anymore.

The smash was absolutely ridiculus at the time. Keep in mind that at the time, rifles didn't have damage falloff on range. Since this has changed, there would possibly be some hope for the old RG (still'd need a slight buff imo).

• No, it got demolished by sharp, the moment that came out. With an easily superior shooting mechanic and stronger zoom (fair enough, reducing the view makes that vulnerable) the RG didn't have much chance of moving out of cover much.

Imo the biggest problem is the increasing tankiness of people. It had been a thing shooting people once with a fully charged RG with the wallsmash killing them ( no hp mastery ). The high charge time and bad shooting mechanic just made it not worth the time considering its damage output just before its change, where this wasn't even close to happening anymore.

The smash was absolutely ridiculus at the time. Keep in mind that at the time, rifles didn't have damage falloff on range. Since this has changed, there would possibly be some hope for the old RG (still'd need a slight buff imo).

Sharp got a damage nerf though and I would rather have that over the OP rail that is now. At least it doesn't 2-hit-combo killd you while you are slowed down.