I am just curious what causes the join lags ?

• Hi Lylyhannah,

the main reason for the join lag mainly occurs because the game tries to load the sets and weapons of the joined players instantly in that exact moment he/she joins. The ressources don't get loaded in the background either and hence it causes lag in terms of fps drops

• The game tries to download and load costume data at the same time when a new player joins. Before there was a bug that the new player sets loads only when you get killed by them but now it loads when they join.

The best way to fix it will probably be if they move the loading process to the respawn phase.

• The game tries to download and load costume data at the same time when a new player joins. Before there was a bug that the new player sets loads only when you get killed by them but now it loads when they join.

The best way to fix it will probably be if they move the loading process to the respawn phase.

Hi Lylyhannah,

the main reason for the join lag mainly occurs because the game tries to load the sets and weapons of the joined players instantly in that exact moment he/she joins. The ressources don't get loaded in the background either and hence it causes lag in terms of fps drops

Then why don't they get loaded while loading screen?

• is it possible for the game to load every weapon/costumes and stuff when we are loading into the game? that way it shouldnt be lagging us anymore when ppl join since its all loaded in? just a theory not sure how it works exactly

• that will take up too many ressources for the server, if it has to load everyone's sets and weapons. I would also keep them loaded while the player logs out again. There are things that can be done to avoid that but I don't think that loading everything beforehand would be optimal. Also note that these are loaded to other players and hence they have to load it anyway. It would be similar to joining a room with 1000 players by thinking it logically

• Then why don't they get loaded while loading screen?

That means the entire shop has to be loaded on start which probably will take forever considering how much stuff the game got over the years.

You will also need a lot more vram as well.

Even when you are looking at the shop, the game only loads the items that you are previewing.

• When you select server i mean, not when u're entering the game.

That'd mean to have a p2p connection with all the users waiting, entering/leaving the roomlist. Good luck doing that and making your game even worse.

Also the effiency/speed of this (costume loadings when someone enters ur room) will depend on ur computer's/network's speed since its p2p. (client-to-client) Not possible from developers side to fix this kind of thing cause server doesn't care for it.

But to fix this lag issue, u have 2 different type of choices. It will be either to upgrade ur computer's skills or wait for developers to change the position where costumes get loaded. (2nd one sounds like less likely to happen)

Have fun with your game.

i miss my garlfrind noelle chan ;(

• That'd mean to have a p2p connection with all the users waiting, entering/leaving the roomlist. Good luck doing that and making your game even worse.

Also the effiency/speed of this (costume loadings when someone enters ur room) will depend on ur computer's/network's speed since its p2p. (client-to-client) Not possible from developers side to fix this kind of thing cause server doesn't care for it.

But to fix this lag issue, u have 2 different type of choices. It will be either to upgrade ur computer's skills or wait for developers to change the position where costumes get loaded. (2nd one sounds like less likely to happen)

Have fun with your game.

Thanks, we do :* Alice4Alice5