Xray on s4 league

• looks for me like you got outside the map or glitched yourself into objects, please avoid doing do and also don't reveal it in public on how to do it.

His character seems to be on the map but the game renders the depth backwards for some reason. You can see the tower and the trees in the distance actually being displayed over the wall that is on the foreground.

• The opposite side of a polygon is always invisible. I've seen graphical glitches similar to this on other games. A camera clipping through a wall will also give the same effect.

• The opposite side of a polygon is always invisible. I've seen graphical glitches similar to this on other games. A camera clipping through a wall will also give the same effect.

That is what I thought at first but if you look again, you will see that the walls are not really invisible but the objects that are in the distance are rendered on the foreground of the walls that are closer to the character. His card is not rendering the objects in the proper order.

• That is what I thought at first but if you look again, you will see that the walls are not really invisible but the objects that are in the distance are rendered on the foreground of the walls that are closer to the character.

i still think its the l/r cam setting just with different angles u can get the view he's getting on the pictures

• I just had an idea (that does show my inexperience with this stuff but whatever): Would it be possible to have a texture rendered on the screen and let intentionally visible textures be a mask for it so it wouldn't be visible on the screen normally, but it would make it impossible to look through the backside of polygons? Then the l/r xray could be fixed (at least partially, although the most common uses probably clip the camera through the wall completely, which this probably wouldn't solve) without having to render several additional textures out of bounds.

• I just had an idea (that does show my inexperience with this stuff but whatever): Would it be possible to have a texture rendered on the screen and let intentionally visible textures be a mask for it so it wouldn't be visible on the screen normally, but it would make it impossible to look through the backside of polygons? Then the l/r xray could be fixed (at least partially, although the most common uses probably clip the camera through the wall completely, which this probably wouldn't solve) without having to render several additional textures out of bounds.

Not sure what do you mean by mask. The game renders only the side of the wall that you are facing even though no matter how far it is but the maps aren't really that big to being with anyway.

The camera clipping through the walls wasn't always a thing. Looks like they have messed the position/depth of the camera with one of the patches.

• Not sure what do you mean by mask. The game renders only the side of the wall that you are facing even though no matter how far it is but the maps aren't really that big to being with anyway.

The camera clipping through the walls wasn't always a thing. Looks like they have messed the position/depth of the camera with one of the patches.

Here's what I meant by "mask" (the video). I get that I'm comparing apples to oranges here, but the idea was to have a texture (something simple, like a solid grey color) covering the screen and for the textures on 3d objects that are intended to be visible to have a real-time mask effect (or rather an "invert(ed) mask" effect like in the video) so that the texture covering the screen normally wouldn't be visible, but when something isn't rendered (like the backside of a polygon) it would be covered by the texture, so you wouldn't be able to look into a room from out of bounds. The problem here, even if this would be possible in S4's engine, is that if you look through the backside of a polygon the objects behind it might still be rendered (unsure about this, unless the above pictures are anything to go by), which might mess with this solution and make it useless.

EDIT: Well, anyways, this was just one of my random ideas.

• Here's what I meant by "mask" (the video). I get that I'm comparing apples to oranges here, but the idea was to have a texture (something simple, like a solid grey color) covering the screen and for the textures on 3d objects that are intended to be visible to have a real-time mask effect (or rather an "invert(ed) mask" effect like in the video) so that the texture covering the screen normally wouldn't be visible, but when something isn't rendered (like the backside of a polygon) it would be covered by the texture, so you wouldn't be able to look into a room from out of bounds. The problem here, even if this would be possible in S4's engine, is that if you look through the backside of a polygon the objects behind it might still be rendered (unsure about this, unless the above pictures are anything to go by), which might mess with this solution and make it useless.

EDIT: Well, anyways, this was just one of my random ideas.

They can make the texture to be rendered on both sides of a polygon (it has been done on some clothes) but that means every wall will use twice as many PC resources for something that is not normally visible anyway. A completely different texture for the other side would require even more resources to draw.

• They can make the texture to be rendered on both sides of a polygon (it has been done on some clothes) but that means every wall will use twice as many PC resources for something that is not normally visible anyway. A completely different texture for the other side would require even more resources to draw.

That's why the idea was to just use ONE texture on top of the screen (kinda like a GUI/HUD texture that covers the screen) and then let the stuff you want your players to see make the texture invisible, but when something isn't rendered the texture would cover it.

• That's why the idea was to just use ONE texture on top of the screen (kinda like a GUI/HUD texture that covers the screen) and then let the stuff you want your players to see make the texture invisible, but when something isn't rendered the texture would cover it.

Ok I see but the thing is, the game can't make the difference of what you are supposed to see and what not so it renders everything that is in the distance as well.