My experience - Why I don't really feel like playing anymore

• People just hate it because its everywhere and nothing else. Its a nice small CQC game with most of the game aspect in it and good strategies could be played with a team. but only seeing its sad, there could be a limit of only 20 st2 rooms hhhhhhhh

• Yea pretty much same reasons i quited. I literaly just pop in the game once in while see that S... that ppl make in terms of rooms makes another lvl 5 chip set spends short time chatting and look on all those S4 ranked players just afk or sitting in the lobby than i leave. This game has 0 value playing anymore ppl totaly forget how to play S4 anymore...

even senran kagura peach beach splash with all its dumb fan service is 10 more fun than this game will again ever be..sorry but its the truth

The post was edited 2 times, last by Wlia ().

• So I started playing this at the release of the sigma blade (don't remember the number of the season) but I remember back then the huge issue the game had with hacking, it was pretty much everywhere! (Why I stopped playing back then)

I am not sure, but I think the problems you have described (the toxic os TDS and the st2 TDS) it's just a symptom of a small community. I have played a lot of online games, and honestly this is common in those not that popular.

Normally every online game has a good amount of toxic players, the thing is normally these games are also filled with players trying to learn the game, veterans that love the game. Don't get me wrong I know these players exist here it's just all the player stereotypes are reduced as the whole player see is reduced, and as such they all become much easier of identity.

I have played league of legends for 6 years now, and I know people believe everyone in there is toxic as hell, it's supposed to be one of the most toxic communities.

Luckily league has enough players to sustain it's ranked system, and not coincidentally the mayority of these toxic players are way at the bottom of the ladder (which mayority of the population reside). When I play I rarely get real toxic players, however recently I took a new account and ranked it up to gold and all that toxicity came back rushing. It was bad.

To keep with league, league has many modes too, some rotational and right now 3 permanent. But as it happens here only one gets the mayority of her % in the player base. Only one really matters. But since league is so huge in player base the other modes always finds players to play. (Which relates to the st2 td problem)

Another quick example, I played a mmo called aion, in there the main dungeons, the ones the community decided gave you the best experience and rewards always had a team waiting or you could make your own and in an hour find yourself a team. While the rest were empty, seriously empty.

IDK if it was the community, the hacking problems or the aging of the game itself, but this game has made it very hard for a casual community to stay. as a result many of the problems you have described are bound to happen

PS. I noticed a few flaws in my logic but I hope you get what I wanted to say, English is my second language so there might be a few hiccups.

• I am not sure, but I think the problems you have described (the toxic os TDS and the st2 TDS) it's just a symptom of a small community. I have played a lot of online games, and honestly this is common in those not that popular.

Your assumption is wrong the game had much larger community than its today. The blame for that are mainly 2 melle only rooms and hackers

back in time whene melle only rooms became a thing ppl still played all mods and the room selection was still pretty even how ever later that time as you say hackers start to come more and more and than what we all know has started.

Aim bots

1 hit kills

Wall shots (thru many walls over antire map)

infinite hp

whene hackers got taken care of (not fully) but to some decent rate 2nd wave of C... has come

wall shot abusers,glichers,revo-shotgun spamers (aka air hug) which is mainly a glich and not game play as ppl asume (and no not everyone can do it becuase of system limits)

and so forth ppl got anoyed more so they decided to change to melle only and start making exuses on every gun in the game

To op

to much ammo

to much damage

to much spam

no aim noob kills

and so on the list is pretty much infinite..

while ppl say there is line of skill in melle matches and i gues they are right most old veteran players in S4 are here for unlimited matches not 24/7 melle spam on single mode on single map and since the game lately only boost player base with melle weapon skins and nerfing some guns (or buffing spam on railgun) they simply get bored and quit.

In worst scenario these veterans make new account to play unlimited in noob channel which is even worse becuase they will obviusly steam-roll any actual new player who will just asume guns are OP or that ppl are using hacks with them and simply either quit as well or turn to melle..

Simply put the game WAS popular but it got killed especialy thanks to the melle community not becuase it has low player base..

• So I started playing this at the release of the sigma blade (don't remember the number of the season) but I remember back then the huge issue the game had with hacking, it was pretty much everywhere! (Why I stopped playing back then)

The thing is that killing an online game isnt just one small piece of dirt but a huge stack of them.

We had the game turning into pay2win.

Then we had some good season patches, but then it started to drop on quality, season 1 and 2 were the only acceptable for me, as they would release actual content instead of skins-skins-buggedfreecontent, after that, it was just a train wreck.

Season 3 blade wich was the one you got sigma and katana, I call it, Hakers Rain, because that was the time of the game where we had the most cheaters.

Then we got Wonderland or how I call it, Wonderlag where it was almost impossible to play.

Afterwards we got Alice or how I call it, The 3 great game killers.

1-The coming of the skrip kids with their bots that crash everyone.

2-The migration that was catastrophic for the game.

3-And the egy invasion.

^ Then theres the things that either the devs or the publishers could help improve, but either took years to do it and most of the times they either failed or abandoned along the way with empty words of SOON.

The new modes coming all bugged, some were impossible to play for months, even years.

The level up rewards that took years to be updated to actualy help new players.

Rigged contests/tournaments.

Balance patches that took years instead of weeks to arrive.

And the trash comunity with mommy issues.

Regarding the issues that the people are saying above, plenty of people alwayed suggested fixes for them, the problem is that they got throw away into the trash bing.

-sigh- turned this into another rant, oh well, I have been doing for like a decade, but so have the devs of this game in terms of failing.

PS: Before you think of quoting me to defend shenanigans, I remind you that we are talking about a game that isnt even capable of getting its afk autokick back.

Was on the Season 3, 2012

• Beta Player here.

I loved this game..I really did

Back in 2008 when I got my first personal Computer and could afford internet, S4, Exteel, and CoH were my shiznit.

And for about 7 years straight I played this game faithfully, as it was and still is one of the most innovative games out there.

But it has it's issues, and serious issues at that.

1)An extreme lack of PC optimization over ten years that makes it so that an Old E-tower E600 can play this just as well as my current Laptop which is a Lenovo y700 is simply appalling. Hell, back then I could arguably perform even better.

2) The Current railgun, simply put it's a piece of trash. The Railgun was the first weapon I purchased after beta closed And I instantly fell in love with it. 8 years straight it was my Primary weapon, and with it I was one of the best non-clan snipers.

But the reason I hate the new railgun isn't for the same reason as others do, it's because I don't think it was fully implemented into the game.

The Frames don't match up at all.

After 9 years of using it almost exclusively I think I know it's mechanics fairly well. So when I first used to current railgun and saw that the 'bullets' didn't match up with the animation frames I was quite annoyed, but I thought it might get better. Sadly it didn't.

Often times I face snipers and while relying on the reflexes I've built up over the years to predict shots and dodge accordingly...and realize that no longer works.

Discounting the fact that the 'bullet' travel speed is faster which removes the need to lead shots, there is the fact that the actual charging and shooting frames don't match up anymore leading to invisible shots and charging shots.

The hit box is ruined by this. I used to know the exact hitbox for railgun shots....Now though

I can literally miss and still hit people, and that really pisses me off.

This is a weapon that I spent years mastering and suddenly..It's ruined.

I quit s4 league for about a year after that.

But I came back recently and leading into the third reason I'm loosing interest.

3) The community is almost dead.

Sure Many of us have moved on with our lives or don't have much time to play anymore, but can anyone here actually remember the last time the had to fight for a spot to get into the packed channel. A single Full channel now is incredibly rare.

Much of it has to do with the Hacker attacks and Region banning though. As no one wants to play a game where they aren't welcome and if they do get in they get toyed with by some anonymous hacking entity.

Hell give me back the old days where Speed,dmg,and hp hacking were all we had to deal with, I used them as target practice.

Now when a player hacks they basically have full control over the game and there are no mods to do anything about it.

I really just miss what this game was even 5 years ago though.

• yes you can talk about how much the old times is better for you but have you actually seen no progression other than the stuff you mentioned? do you really think that people who hacks/tools wont get better at what they're doing over the years? if you're still so stubborn about how much better 5 yrs ago is then please make us a time machine so we can travel back together

• Hell give me back the old days where Speed,dmg,and hp hacking were all we had to deal with, I used them as target practice.

Surely someone who 1hko you across the map and can't die is a good "target practice".

I am actually happy that we no longer get these even though there are now more sneaky hacks. At leats they are not as damaging as before.

I still remember back in the days having half of the ppl in a chaser room using god mode trying to kill each other.

• Surely someone who 1hko you across the map and can't die is a good "target practice".

I am actually happy that we no longer get these even though there are now more sneaky hacks. At leats they are not as damaging as before.

I still remember back in the days having half of the ppl in a chaser room using god mode trying to kill each other.

Yea I never see them anymore. Its more like hackers using tools to increase their stats..which still can be beaten, but no 1 hit from spawn hacks anymore. At least from my experience. Last 6 months or so-

• Yea I never see them anymore. Its more like hackers using tools to increase their stats..which still can be beaten, but no 1 hit from spawn hacks anymore. At least from my experience. Last 6 months or so-

The new anti hack sure did a difference at least for now. Still not perfect though.

• Ofc, there always be hackers. But for the love of god, secure at least the game files well enough so people cannot just modify their damage and what not. like if this was a thing in every game, it would be a nightmare

• yes you can talk about how much the old times is better for you but have you actually seen no progression other than the stuff you mentioned? do you really think that people who hacks/tools wont get better at what they're doing over the years? if you're still so stubborn about how much better 5 yrs ago is then please make us a time machine so we can travel back together

Why so combative...I'm just airing out my reasons as the title of thread says...

I'm not being stubborn about anything, what do you mean.

As to five years ago I mean that even as little as 5 years ago the problems didn't bother me as much.

As for the evolution of hackers? So what?

My example was in reference when backing was much more blatant and counter able.

I honestly had some fun times facing off against hackers who entered the room so long as they weren't using god mode and wallhacks. Like I said, good target practice.

I we'll and truly prefer that to what we've dealt with recently. At least then there was a tangible target to vent against rather than sending and ineffectual ticket to support that wouldn't even get looked at until the issue was way past relevance.

Also, five years ago we had a sizable community with plenty of room variety.

• Now most of the hackers aren't here, or they are but they don't have a hack.

There still are many hackers, but they're no longer using hacks such as infinite melee range, 1-hit kills, godmode, but rather idm and other harmless things like that.

• i pretty much stopped due to lack of time + lack of unlimited rooms

hell, bored enough to try playing now and my unlimited choices are lierally just st-2

its no wonder people stop playing

• i pretty much stopped due to lack of time + lack of unlimited rooms

hell, bored enough to try playing now and my unlimited choices are lierally just st-2

its no wonder people stop playing

Yeah I logged on out of curiosity and to open my capsules about a week and a half ago before uninstalling it again and all I saw was ST-2 everywhere. But I didn't see a single Unlimited room, just SO with some more player-made bullsh!t rules cause they don't know how to deal with other weapons. KR, TW, and the Latin server all died so its about time this one just disappears too.

It's not the publishers fault, its the Devs that this game and its community has gone to utter garbage. The only thing the publishers did was bring us the game and rob us of our money.

.-. its really hard to leave a message when 90% of my grammatical structure consists of using swear words as adjectives. and why is C-R-A-P censored.... better than me saying sh!t.