[asking for your opinions/thoughts]

• xxXSatanic_AbyssXxx you checked it... with GIMP? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no buddy. Yes there is a chance that they might not be perfectly aligned (they are aligned, the guinea pigs unplugged their mouses to prevent even the slightest rotations), but you can't tell that by merely looking at a picture by naked eye.

The breathing animation is COMPLETELY desynced, are you blind? But the test is set up in a way that breathing doesn't affect it.

Hey Satanic do you still consider the Bat Spin to be "a tad overpowered"? 1.0

Look, guys, if you believe that my test was inaccurate, you can go in-game to test it yourselves instead of shooting the messenger.

• who cares about hitboxes when melee rules on this world

rip crouch

Most important question just got ignored. Log into the game and take a look:

54d15ec168.jpg

So how do slight differences of hitboxes matter when 80% of the games are about solo rushing on stairs on St-2?

• Most important question just got ignored. Log into the game and take a look:

54d15ec168.jpg

So how do slight differences of hitboxes matter when 80% of the games are about solo rushing on stairs on St-2?

Want a funny but true answer? Non-RNG melee criticals (such as PS Heavy) are technically PROJECTILES according to their LUA files. And hitboxes matter with projectiles, therefore... female wins again kek

DangerousRelievedHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

(disclaimer: not tested on current patch)

• Wake me up when you see OSer actually preferring fighting over solo rushing 1v4.

Exactly.
    I personally consider combat and defending skills extremely indispensable in OS as much as GUNS , Every defeat I concede is mostly due to my mates battling skills deficiency.
    Glad there's someone thinks the same. :/

• The dodge animations will still be the most meaningful factor for choosing a character based on game mechanics.

Is there really a difference between the two dodges when it comes to mechanics? I'm kind of dubious about that. I think I heard Silver say that the male dodge had a slightly smaller gun hitbox. But then again, he uses female char himself so it's probably not worth it.

Wake me up when you see OSers actually preferring to use female characters.

Most S4 League players as far as I know are male, as is the case in shooters as a whole. It's only logical that they'd go for the character they can identify with more easily.

• Is there really a difference between the two dodges when it comes to mechanics? I'm kind of dubious about that.

I mean the difference is completely based on the animation of the dodge but at the end of the day, it comes down preference.

Some people says the males are easier to crit with guns since the head has the same elevation during the entire dodge but I disagree with that since chaining it with a jump makes tracking just as hard. The female crit box usually stays around center of the dodge so that one is also predictable but can be tricky to hit as well.

On the other hand the male dodge feels more fluid and more natural since it gives you a better idea where exactly you will land and what you are doing so that is why they are more preferred in OS rooms. The female dodges just looks more evasive and that is probably why it is more common in gun rooms.

With other words, don't think about it too much and just pick the character that you feel more comfortable with or just like more. All of them have their pros and cons.

• Want a funny but true answer? Non-RNG melee criticals (such as PS Heavy) are technically PROJECTILES according to their LUA files. And hitboxes matter with projectiles, therefore... female wins again kek

DangerousRelievedHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

(disclaimer: not tested on current patch)

you'd think i'd care about criticals when i main bat and i can get 100% critical with it by just aiming the camera towards the sky while jump attacking

Game's pretty much broken on most of its aspects either way

On the other hand, i'm pretty sure that people mostly play with whatever the f they want to play as, some peeps play with female characters cause we all know how badly attracted they are to such due to the clothes quality that this game has on women, on the other hand i personally feel uncomfortable playing as a female character on S4, even tho it doesn't add such a huge difference on the hitbox, some of its animations are just so wrong for me to deal with while playing. (God bless the male dodge and CS animations)

Most of my reasons to why i don't use a female character comes to simply, cloth style and idle-move animations

ddeu0tc-07937819-b6ee-4d02-af26-9fac578f0268.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNWM4YThlLTFhNDctNGI2YS1hODFiLWZkMWIxMzY0ZTA4N1wvZGRldTB0Yy0wNzkzNzgxOS1iNmVlLTRkMDItYWYyNi05ZmFjNTc4ZjAyNjgucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.s3_DxuYxq7Ot3UdC9mS6i0e_3vPScz3tOIHbPmLqQi4

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shanic ().

• xxXSatanic_AbyssXxx you checked it... with GIMP? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no buddy. Yes there is a chance that they might not be perfectly aligned (they are aligned, the guinea pigs unplugged their mouses to prevent even the slightest rotations), but you can't tell that by merely looking at a picture by naked eye.

The breathing animation is COMPLETELY desynced, are you blind? But the test is set up in a way that breathing doesn't affect it.

Hey Satanic do you still consider the Bat Spin to be "a tad overpowered"? 1.0

Look, guys, if you believe that my test was inaccurate, you can go in-game to test it yourselves instead of shooting the messenger.

If you want to use something as proof, then don't get pissy that someone checks it. And, if they find your gif doesn't stack up, deal with it like an adult.

Also, unless you are going to admit to straight up hacking, I would love to hear you explain how you fashioned 2 characters to stand in an identical position. Btw, they weren't centered on each other. They were reasonably aligned to one side on a basic sight test.

• Also, unless you are going to admit to straight up hacking, I would love to hear you explain how you fashioned 2 characters to stand in an identical position.

broooo just

walk into a corner

brooooooooo
    WOW STRAIGHT UP HACKING LIKE WOW THEY WALKED INTO A CORNER

you never cease to amaze me with the bs you come up with jesus satanic lmao, it's so consistently fresh

• Ohhh you're back! Now the forum is interesting again. Now we just need Axl to get back here and then things will be fun to read again.

• from my experience,female char is just way better if you're going to be competitive at this game. hitboxes, the way they dodge and move is just way better and harder to aim at if you compare it to male characters

• from my experience,female char is just way better if you're going to be competitive at this game. hitboxes, the way they dodge and move is just way better and harder to aim at if you compare it to male characters

Even if the hitboxes were exactly the same, our brain could still react differently based on complex neuronal associations that the specific players brain has made with female / male characters. Even the clothing could play a huge factor in this reaction pattern.

• I managed to get a hold of the actual 3D models so that I could make better calculations and a prettier picture. The description of the album contains all the info including the downloadable 3D models themselves, so take a look. 10% difference basically.

ALBUM:

https://imgur.com/a/TOoplna
    COMPARISON:

dFRTmzD.gif

Case closed.

• I am not going to download anything from random people.

The proof is missing

• I am interested in the truth as much as everyone here.

Still.. there is no proof that these are the actual hitboxes.

Like I could fake that in paint if need be, so could anyone.

Not downloading from unknown is just common sense.

• the zip has just a few 3D models and pictures in it

how much of a computer illiterate do you have to be to basically call it a virus lmaooooooooo

you're making me lose some brain cells here, may I ask you to stop

YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER

The post was edited 1 time, last by Harakiry ().

• I knew it, i wasn't wrong with the fmle character

That was still pretty much a wild guess though.

if someone shows you just the hitboxes of any of them for a first time I bet you wouldn't be able to tell which one belongs to which.

• I thought it was common sense that females have smaller hitboxes than males o.O Also if you use baggy clothes your hitbox will be larger.

• the zip has just a few 3D models and pictures in it

how much of a computer illiterate do you have to be to basically call it a virus lmaooooooooo

you're making me lose some brain cells here, may I ask you to stop

Would you be surprised if I told you that by simplying viewing an image (without downloading any specific malware, spoofed files and so on) you might actually allow a malicious person to get into your machine ?

• Everyone knows girl hitbox is smaller, it's so about common sens, no need to argue about this anymore

There is nothing about common sense in it. They could have made them completely identical.

The whole reason of having hitboxes is so you don't have to worry about differences in the visual model.

If the female ones are indeed smaller, it is more likely to be an overlook or miscalculations rather than made on purpose (or if it is on purpose, they have taken under consideration something else as well when were designing them in that way)

• Would you be surprised if I told you that by simplying viewing an image (without downloading any specific malware, spoofed files and so on) you might actually allow a malicious person to get into your machine ?

yeah sure maybe if you live in the last millennium using MSN Messenger on XP lmao

Also if you use baggy clothes your hitbox will be larger

it's so about common sens

31d.gif

it's like everywhere I look on this forum I see stoners

• yeah sure maybe if you live in the last millennium using MSN Messenger on XP lmao

31d.gif

it's like everywhere I look on this forum I see stoners

No bro, look up for 'image buffer overflow' on google...there are many vulnerabilites out there from this century...some of them patched..some not.

I guess I m going off topic...the purpose was so strengthen the idea of not trusting external resources without proper verifications. I'll stop here.

• No bro, look up for 'image buffer overflow' on google...there are many vulnerabilites out there from this century...some of them patched..some not.

I guess I m going off topic...the purpose was so strengthen the idea of not trusting external resources without proper verifications. I'll stop here.

that is true to an extent but its most likely that you'll only get infiltrated after u download something from the website and not simply entering the website alone

• No bro, look up for 'image buffer overflow' on google...there are many vulnerabilites out there from this century...some of them patched..some not.

By loading this page alone in your browser you just downloaded 50 pictures hosted on 11 "external resources". How many viruses did you get? Fuсk outta here with that paranoid fearmongering shіt bro lmao