New Animation Event

• I remember the guy that made that. Don't know if he still plays. He exported a character model and used an auto rigger to map a new animation skeleton to the model. Only reason I know that is because that dance animation is one of the pre built ones you can select.

This sounds like a fun idea for a contest, but I don't know how many people will actually be able to participate. Mainly because opening a file like that requires special software.

• He didn't really made the animation.

He just rigged the character model and made it play the animation.

Also I don't really know anyone around who is good at creating animations. If you know one, let me know so I can ask him to help me with my game.

If they make such event, it won't be much of a competition simply cuz the process of creating animations isn't simple so the entries will be either terribly bad or stolen from other places.

• If you have an Adobe ID, Mixamo is a great site to use. Their online auto rigger is pretty good and they also have an online library of pre made animations for games. Keep in mind you don't get perfect results every time. Sometimes you have to go in and edit the weights of each bone to get it perfect. But using mixamo saves hours of rigging time. I use it all the time.

• If you have an Adobe ID, Mixamo is a great site to use. Their online auto rigger is pretty good and they also have an online library of pre made animations for games. Keep in mind you don't get perfect results every time. Sometimes you have to go in and edit the weights of each bone to get it perfect. But using mixamo saves hours of rigging time. I use it all the time.

I was looking at it for some time for the rigging but not sure when I will have time to use it. I remember trying it in the past and it rigged the model backwards. Also the free animations seems to be very few and not really what I need. Plus I will have to find a way to add them all into 1 model unless I figure a different way to do the things ingame.

But anyway, I don't really know any easy way for creating animations and that will really be the biggest problem for a such event.

• I was looking at it for some time for the rigging but not sure when I will have time to use it. I remember trying it in the past and it rigged the model backwards. Also the free animations seems to be very few and not really what I need. Plus I will have to find a way to add them all into 1 model unless I figure a different way to do the things ingame.

But anyway, I don't really know any easy way for creating animations and that will really be the biggest problem for a such event.

Didn't realize it charged. I have an adobe subscription so all of it shows up for free on my end. If your model is showing up backwards, you just need to flip it and re export. If I remember correctly, mixamo has the option to link all the animations into one file as well.

Back on topic though, an animation contest may not be possible, but having access to a few files would be nice. That way some fan made animations could be made if someone had the know how.

• Didn't realize it charged. I have an adobe subscription so all of it shows up for free on my end.

I think it doesn't show until you try to export it and if it is not free it only has the T pose option.

Back on topic though, an animation contest may not be possible, but having access to a few files would be nice. That way some fan made animations could be made if someone had the know how.

The only way I can see it happen is through suggesting specific dances and such but that is not really much of an event.