New levelup system

• As you can see, Karasakal's stream just ended. He spoke different times about how everyone agrees that the level system needs some changes, and he also said that the forum is the best way to talk about it.

First we need to acknowledge that every change brought to the level system would only affect the low level players, and for that reason I would reset the level somehow reminding people that a certain person had reached a certain level in the past, and then I would introduce something like a 1-100 level with ranks like the one we have now but better rewards and most importantly impossible to farm. When you reach the level 100 you have the eSper rank and you can start over as an S1, level 100, s2, level 100, s3, pretty much like the prestige system Call of Duty has (which btw the PM mentioned during the stream) up to level 1000.
    I really believe it must be something hard to achieve because as of now there's way too many people that have reached max level, and that means that it's too easy to get it.

Do you have better ideas / thoughts about an eventual level system like this?

• Because this thread is made, I'm taking the chance to reply because the levelup system need some changes.
    Here is my vision:

Combine a level system with a rank system to avoid a way to earn easily the same exp as someone who plays the game correctly.

How does it works? It"s difficult to explain so I hope I explain it understandable.

The level system still works with getting exp and if you reach enought, you go to the next level (and get better prices than in the past).

But adding a ranking system makes it intressesting. If you are high in the ranking, you earn more/faster exp than someone who is in a lower rank.

So the ranking system doesn't need to reward players with items at the end of the reset date (maybe putting there names somewhere on a list to give them a more satisfied feeling).

For players who already are level 80, it doesn't seems to be fair to bring them back to level zero and reset there exp so they can also get those (better) prices. So I suggest to start a second exp counter and whenever they reach there old level, there visible level get higher again.

I know this isn't a detailed plan, but I think it tells the main concept. If there are question, you can always ask it but I'm not really into having a discussions so...

Kind regards,

Zandrox

• I pretty much answered this in another thread.

Basically the old system had way more exp per level (in fact way too much).

The level cap was lvl 100 instead of lvl 80. The orange "amateur" rank didn't exist but instead there were S1 S2 and S3 after the pro rank with S4 being the final lvl 100 rank.

pros: You could judge better the playtime of other players instead of everyone being at max rank

cons: It took way too long to level up and level 100 is unreached to this day.

The old level system can still be tracked on the S4DB. If you click on a level icon of a player it will switch between the current and the old rank system.

The current highest level is 87 and it took me an year of playtime to reach it in a period of 10 years.

Just having a system with endless ceiling and fixed amount of exp per each level woudl actually work much better even than the current one.

Maybe getting special stuff per every X levels etc.

• Getting to max level without exp Boosters, exp+ on sets and without farming is taking ~2000h playtime… That are 83days (24h) of playtime. Wasn't easy for me ._.

I honestly don't agree on changing the level system because I think it would spread more toxicity with a actuall ranking system.

I would make a seasonal level system (like Fortnite) where you can reach the max level for some time and then it resets at the beginning of the next season and getting some rewards at specific levels reached. I believe the toxicity with the vk is going to be less with that and you still get some rewards.

I'm just watching the stream tho. I was sleeping after work and missed it live xD

I'm leaving the "better rewards" in the room.

• He didnt talked about change to the old, well he did but he said just let the max lvl to 80 and go to the next prestige or whatever they wanted to call that.

• I started playing in 2010, I was a semipro(35) when I did all the GM work I used to do. When the Rank changed over I became Pro and I hit S4 on that after about 4-5 years of play. I don't play as much as I used to, but it would be nice to have something to work for again aside from overpowering my gear. The important thing in my head is how to prevent AFK farming and Farming in general.

• For some reason we have that exp counter in our info once we hit s4, have you even thought about that? So if you are gonna increase the overall amount of maximum exp, at least give us the part which we already have been accumulated all this time xD...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tooleur ().

• According to S4DB:

33d5075e97.jpg

I must say, if we still had that level system ingame I think I'd be more motivated to play, just to finally be S1.

Now I don't say bring back the old level system. But I say leveling up can be a motivator and should not stop after just 3-4 months like in the current system.

• I started playing in 2010, I was a semipro(35) when I did all the GM work I used to do. When the Rank changed over I became Pro and I hit S4 on that after about 4-5 years of play. I don't play as much as I used to, but it would be nice to have something to work for again aside from overpowering my gear. The important thing in my head is how to prevent AFK farming and Farming in general.

isnt there like an afk auto kick timer before? or maybe i saw it from another game's forum im not sure

• Old ranking system also means more level-up rewards, but also longer wait times between ranks. How long was the road to S4 back then compared to now?

New System

Old System

I added the sum up of each individual levels exp requirement to get to the next. In order to reach S4 rank in the old system it'd be the equivalent of leveling 11 accounts (and some exp on a 12th) in the current system to S4 rank by comparison.

I'd be down for it btw.

• Leveling up will take forever in the higher levels. It was actually funny that you get 2k pen per level in the past and the rewards were bugged above lvl 50 so you basically get nothing for your hard work.

I bet no one wants to wait a year to level up but having infinite level cap can be good so maybe have some hybrid system that allows for easy level up but a lot of levels to climb.

• I must be the only person who doesn't want any more levels/ more requirements in this game. I level up on average 1 level/ month ( 2 during college) and that's with playing sometimes up to 2 straight hours. I'm happy hitting that 800 exp mark, I seldom get 1000, and when I do, it was in a very long game that became boring halfway due to its length.

• I think its possible to turn the lvl up system into something fun, but something should be done to the xp bonus and the farming first. (Also bring back auto afk kick)

How about a new type of lvl system while using some of the old lvl system at the same time? Also why not use some other features and conbine them with the lvl system?

Heres an example.

Put in the 100 lvls and make sure the lvls give decent rewards.

But now lvl up takes a long time and some people might get bored of it! What to do? why not something thats divided in seasons?

3 months would be a season, 4 seasons per year, players would play and at the end of the season, the ammount of xp they got will put them on a rank.

For the example of ranks, I will use bronze, silver and gold.

If a player at the end of X season gets bronze, if he is s4, his icon wont be just a s4 icon, but a bronze s4 icon, he can also get a bronze tag that lasts for a season. (Then silver and gold would give better bonus)

Also, why not turn the xp earned into pen at the end of the season? (You would still get pen after matches)

With this, not only there would be different ranks, but the ranks itselves would also be divided into 3 ranks.

Also, why not make the xp something that is awarded in the correct amount to the player by how they played the game? Sometimes it is so random or theres barely any difference from the worst and the best players.

And the silver and gold ranks would be of course for example, silver for top 51-199 players and gold for top 50 players. bronze could be the top 200-300. (This would be top 300 of just one rank)

To be honest, s4 league is one of those games that could work with the xp being the free ingame currency.

Actualy, I always thought it was kinda stupid for shooters to have xp and money bars seperated unless its an rpg shooter where you actualy have to loot the enemy for money.

Sorry I am terrible at explaining this, but it would be cool to see something like this ingame.

I mentioned the tags, but you can also include some of the cards reward skills or coupons rewards like the stacks of 15/30 capsas, as currently these are outdated features that havent been updated in years.

• I have been S4 rank for a long time now. Often I also see lots of players that have become S4 nowadays.

In my opinion it would be much more fun to reintroduce the S1, S2 and S3 ranks after the Pro rank.

First we need to acknowledge that every change brought to the level system would only affect the low level players, and for that reason I would reset the level somehow reminding people that a certain person had reached a certain level in the past, and then I would introduce something like a 1-100 level with ranks like the one we have now but better rewards and most importantly impossible to farm. When you reach the level 100 you have the eSper rank and you can start over as an S1, level 100, s2, level 100, s3, pretty much like the prestige system Call of Duty has (which btw the PM mentioned during the stream) up to level 1000.
    I really believe it must be something hard to achieve because as of now there's way too many people that have reached max level, and that means that it's too easy to get it.

I think this seems like a cool way to change the ranking system in S4 League. Maybe there could be some unique costumes or other rewards when you get to the different S1, S2, S3 ranks. Like the Master set you get from combi levels.

As for people who are already rank 80. What if they stayed rank 80, and got all the rewards from the earlier levels if they introduced a new ranking system.

I really like this idea. Rewarding players for xp they get even if they are max level seems like a great idea. And giving players cool icons to go over their rank icons, based on their performance in game is brilliant in my opinion. I can imagine it giving players something extra to look forward to. Just watching your rank icon changing to the next stage based on how well you do in game.

I am sure more S4 league players than the ones checking the forum would be interested in these ideas. We should create a poll so that we can get more players interested in these topics. If we get enough votes, maybe the Aeria staff will look into it!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Narzay ().