Session - 2
Engine Change, Graphics
- Will you change the UI of the game? Are you going to change the interface soon?
- Can we have the old layout in-game?
- [Q 1-2] We will change the UI. We will not do it soon. We aren't fans of the orange but we simply think other things are more important. Plus, at the first glance, it's a more complicated subject than it looks to be.
- It is planned to transfer the game in a new engine? New graphic and different server.
- Many of my friends who isn't into S4 League always complained about the graphics of this game. Is it ever possible to improve the graphics, improve the engine of this game?
- Is it possible for you to recreate this game with better coding, engine and graphics?
- [Q 3-4-5] No, I can tell you we won't transfer the game to a new engine. However, we will have some infrastructure changes that affects the server performance and we just talked recently about the ways we can try to upgrade the graphics. We aren't sure what we can do at this point. It could be optimization of engine, it could be simply using higher res textures. If we find more about the previous downgrade of graphics, we will also look into that. We have no idea at this point how it was done. But if the engine has unused capacity, we'd love to upgrade to higher res textures and even apply it to old sets as well. So, no promises on what exactly we can do, but I promise we'll look into it.
- Will you upgrade the proud net library to the latest version? The one which is used by S4 League has an vulnerability.
- This was brought to our attention and we are looking into it, but at this moment we are focused on getting a patch out. It's high in our list though! It's not just a matter of implementation for us, there are also some legal implications for us and between us and Neowiz as well.
- Are there any plans to reign in the stats given by various items, enchants and chips? I'm getting melted by people with op enchants and chips.
- This is something I've been thinking hard about. I try to look at it from a PM perspective, from a player perspective and by evaluating various feedback we've gotten from the community. We can't just remove stats from the game. Not only people have earned them by playing or paying, but they are also part of game's design and add variety to the game. There are no solid plans yet and we'll definitely talk with the community, but the more possible ideas seem to be giving the option of no-stat games in more mods and/or making enchants easier to access up to a certain point.
- Is it possible to change the level rewards (they are not really a motivation)?
- We will definitely do this! It may not happen too soon as we are thinking of a system where the old players can also benefit as well. Maybe an endless leveling system?
- Can you make AP and gamble obsolete and focus on creating content as cosmetics Weapons and Clothes without the additional Buffs/ Damage/Defense?
- We are already creating cosmetic content and not adding additional stats like some games where you would have "super FP" "mega fp" stats etc. As for making gamble obsolete... I don't think that can happen, but we'd like to make the gambling more obsolete. If you are following our webshop, we've already been decreasing the amount of "You get a gold pen capsule or maaaybe a set" boxes and going for either better/guaranteed chances of items and better "compensation" prizes like reset insurance. In the end, if we can come up with a good model, we can do anything. But we need to make sure it works, it's fun and it stays relevant for players.
- What is the plan for increasing the player count for Unlimited mode?
- We don't have plans simply because we didn't think about it. We can definitely consider it.
- Will you make a new mode with ALL room options? (unlimited should be also choose able)
- We may. We only have some plans on "mini" modes similar to the bomber or pass mode for now. It's a bit early to speak solidly about this to be honest.
- Will you bring back the toy block?
- To be honest, I don't know why and how it's gone. But why not?
- Will you focus the clan system? (Customizable Clan logo, Clan wars with a functional ranked system)
- Can we expect changes to the clan system anytime soon or is it not that high on the priority list?
- Will you offer support for clans? Some peoples lost their clans, it will be a good thing to offer support regarding this.
- We currently have technical difficulties with clans. Our tools are really insufficient. Clan marks and clan support is high on our to-do list. We want to improve our tools and even if we can't, use some workarounds to provide support for clan issues and implement clan marks. Don't expect them like next week or so, they still need investigation, but it's a high priority.