Community Character Creation Event

• I'm so disappointed about this event. Watching what kind of ideas are uploaded by the most of the artists here makesme feel so sad about future contest of s4 league. Nothing personal to anyone of participants but guys before you post your "art work" please take care of your skills and the most important - the concept of the game. Because if u had played back in 2009 to 2011 you simple can see example for what exactly i mean when talking about good sets and stuff. Slowly and roughly you turn this game in some kind of Space MMO not the Esper Stylish Shooter League that was meant to be D: I know its about the personal preferences but it is just annoying for me and i'm pretty sure it's same for other old players from the beta.i hope that some of you will put more effort create something awesome. Thank you for your attention and I wish you the best !

• I'm so disappointed about this event. Watching what kind of ideas are uploaded by the most of the artists here makesme feel so sad about future contest of s4 league. Nothing personal to anyone of participants but guys before you post your "art work" please take care of your skills and the most important - the concept of the game. Because if u had played back in 2009 to 2011 you simple can see example for what exactly i mean when talking about good sets and stuff. Slowly and roughly you turn this game in some kind of Space MMO not the Esper Stylish Shooter League that was meant to be D: I know its about the personal preferences but it is just annoying for me and i'm pretty sure it's same for other old players from the beta.i hope that some of you will put more effort create something awesome. Thank you for your attention and I wish you the best !

Well, I think that all participants put much effort while creating new design. I personally put effort to my design even though I am not a professional artist. At least I tried. It's kinda sad that you think that we should put more effort to our "art work" just because you like the older sets I suppose. As you already mentioned: not all of us have the same taste regarding sets. It's in the eye of the beholder.

large.jpg

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

I like to think I tried to kind of go in a more S4 direction... but just to clarify, what kind of sets would you say is an example of that?

Also I didn't think anyone did really space designs, more like medieval type designs for some

It's a general "Character Creation Event", not a "Throwback Character Creation Event". What's wrong with people drawing what they'd personally like to see in the game? That's the point of this event isn't it?

Anyways good luck to all the participants

• It's a general "Character Creation Event", not a "Throwback Character Creation Event". What's wrong with people drawing what they'd personally like to see in the game? That's the point of this event isn't it?

On point. giphy.gif

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

The good thing about s4 is the diversity of the sets. There have been many artists working on it over the years.

You can't expect everyone to be the next Panamaman by trying to copy his style.

• The good thing about s4 is the diversity of the sets. There have been many artists working on it over the years.

You can't expect everyone to be the next Panamaman by trying to copy his style.

I'm not expecting you to copy the style. What i mean is that the most of the sets and stuff do not look aesthetic and this new design overall can't be just patched on the game. If u look gently you will see how the symmetry is somehow changed and u can't combine the old sets with new ones.When comparing the hands, legs and bodies of the old ones with the new u can simply notice

how bad they look

• Gl everyone.

It's a general "Character Creation Event", not a "Throwback Character Creation Event". What's wrong with people drawing what they'd personally like to see in the game? That's the point of this event isn't it?

Well put Faz, and good luck to everyone ^^

Hurr durr, I play since beta so my opinion is the only one that matters.

• I'm not expecting you to copy the style. What i mean is that the most of the sets and stuff do not look aesthetic and this new design overall can't be just patched on the game. If u look gently you will see how the symmetry is somehow changed and u can't combine the old sets with new ones.When comparing the hands, legs and bodies of the old ones with the new u can simply notice

how bad they look

Well, sure. A lot of parts doesn't match but there is a fair amount that does depending of what kind of costume you are trying to make.

• sorry guys i dont mean to offend anyone but there are like 4 new sets added 15 hours ago or less and the deadline was two days ago. I just think its not fair, I know some people didnt had much sleep just to respect the deadline..

" This is what we had both wanted, is it not? "

You know, every point of view is different and actually, the diversity of sets and styles might be what the game really needs, some new fresh air that these beautiful and amazing artists are trying to implement, giving us the chance to actually have some new stuff to add to the game.
    So we should be grateful to the GMs and all the people that created and voluntarily participated in this event, spending their precious times to make something cool for us. :D

AND obviously, if you don't think any of the styles that they made are the right ones to design or match the "real style of S4", you can always design your own one. :)

Good luck to all the participants! :*

It's recess everywhere but in her heart

Big words from someone that didn't even participate Opheliafacepalm

who are you to tell me i didnt put much effort into my art how dare you! I spent the whole time sketching, reviewing old sets, reworking the design lots of times till it was ideal to me. IVE BEEN HERE SINCE THE BEGINNING TO and there is nothing wrong with changing things up. The game wont be disturbed because of 1 new set. Me and the rest of people submitting designs are growing artist and this is a fun chance to contribute to a game we love. Im so “disappointed” in you.

• sorry guys i dont mean to offend anyone but there are like 4 new sets added 15 hours ago or less and the deadline was two days ago. I just think its not fair, I know some people didnt had much sleep just to respect the deadline..

To be fair, no local region time for reference was given beyond a date range. It was still August 1st for me in the western world while it was already the 2nd for European countries by about an 8 hour overlay, give or take depending on region. I needed that time. If the event mods want to be forceful about deadlines, they should have at least given a regional date & time, then locked the forum the minute it was over based on that.

• It was really fun to read the comments, I am kinda disappointed that I didnt bring a popcorn with it (but who would eat a hot popcorn in this deadly hot weather, right? X/ )

Anyways I just wanted to say that I am surprised that the thread didnt get locked yet + that any GM/CM didnt end the event with a comment as they usually do. It would be more specific for the people that dont post their submissions in time.

• Hm I'm not sure if my jpg is visible :/

The "The event is over." line on the first page is the countdown feature. After the time is up the text is shown. Not sure when they added it tho but they used it.

The problem is that with a light forum background the countdown is almost invisible so I would not blame them that they didnt notice it. I have sometimes problem to find it aswell.

• The problem is that with a light forum background the countdown is almost invisible so I would not blame them that they didnt notice it. I have sometimes problem to find it aswell.

It is black for me with a light forum background o.o Like I wrote I don't know when they added it because I didn't pay attention to it.
    I don't blame anyone. Just wanted to solve this "problem". Murumancers submission is really well drawn, if I could imagine that it would kinda fit in S4 for me I would have given it a like. If the new submission doesn't count the old one should (don't see a reason why not) and if he doesn't end up in the first 3 places he can still post it in the next community creation event (if he still wants to).

• It is black for me with a light forum background o.o Like I wrote I don't know when they added it because I didn't pay attention to it.
    I don't blame anyone. Just wanted to solve this "problem". Murumancers submission is really well drawn, if I could imagine that it would kinda fit in S4 for me I would have given it a like. If the new submission doesn't count the old one should (don't see a reason why not) and if he doesn't end up in the first 3 places he can still post it in the next community creation event (if he still wants to).

I didnt notice the countdown this time too so I cant say if it was there or not.

But it looks like this for me. So unless I move the text to darker place on the background or pay high attention to it then its really hard to notice :/

Bez názvu.jpg

• Well that was an interesting read. The same argument seems to come up when these types of events come around. We literally had 10 years worth of theme changes and crazy costumes that didn't match the original style of the beta. How is a user generated costume going to ruin the feel of S4 10 years into the games life? If anything the original style was lost once the seasons came out. But in the end, it's only a cosmetic item, the core game play is still there.

All the submissions so far were made with quality and care. I honestly think each set would make a great addition to the game. S4 takes place in a virtual world after all, so there's really no set theme. Anything is possible.

• That kid did mention something reasonable, as there seems to be some patern in some of the entries.

While it's the best that it's a free theme, there seems to be a common theme heavily imposed on the females.

There were a few asweome entries like the knight, the steapunk set, the ninja and 2 punk themes on the male side.

Heck! Someone even posted alucard/vash jacket!

Then, we had 6 people that did not follow the nowadays trope of s4 female characters.

DonutPuff* - gym girl (And your second entry is a rolerblading electrician girl? Nice!)

Manel - white punk girl

adanl98 - basquetball and farmer girl

CoopaKid - steampunk sets

LeoArticFox - crow girl

And that someone who made the weeb girl with short skirt.

But regarding the rest of the female entries, they look pretty much the same to me, it's either mk2 space theme or that boring dress that my sister would wear when she was 12....And the males... arent like a fourth or a third of them mk2 theme too?

Overrall, most entries are asweome, and no, I didnt count hella in the mix above because that is like comparing an encyclopedia to a book that teaches you that the alphabet has twenty-six letters.

Like the best blizzard booty once said, toodles.

• I missed the bit where it says you need the back view of the costume, and so I guess that means I'm out. (I wasn't gonna participate originally anyway), but good luck to everyone else though.

Btw why has this thread not been locked, and why has a winner not been chosen yet? We're a little more than a week past the due date.

• I missed the bit where it says you need the back view of the costume, and so I guess that means I'm out. (I wasn't gonna participate originally anyway), but good luck to everyone else though.

Btw why has this thread not been locked, and why has a winner not been chosen yet? We're a little more than a week past the due date.

The team already voted for their favorites but they also need votes from the community, check the S4 League fb page.

We still have to wait till next week alice

" This is what we had both wanted, is it not? "

• The team already voted for their favorites but they also need votes from the community, check the S4 League fb page.

We still have to wait till next week alice

Well I did. It's not good to post it on fb and let people vote. But to make things better they postet invalid entries, 2 sets in 1 picture (wanna know who voted for what set(basketball-,farmgirlset), a picture from google, forgot the fumbii set, edited the waitress set to 1 strange picture, forgot every set except 1 from hella, reduced 3 Pictures(3 views) from 1 set (1 Submission) to 1 picture (only front view) and maybe I would find more if I would take the time to look at the entries more...

• If the developers are leaving the final decision of what costumes win to the players, I have a feeling a lot of good ideas will be dismissed because most S4 players unfortunately don't like change (to anything).

Besides that, good luck to all who participated.

• The only thing about letting people vote that I don't like is that friends will most likely vote for their friends regardless of quality and all that.

Also I feel like how it's set up on facebook is just really wrong, basically what B3mo said.

But based off facebook, I guess we can just determine the winners now ? :/

• The only thing about letting people vote that I don't like is that friends will most likely vote for their friends regardless of quality and all that.

Also I feel like how it's set up on facebook is just really wrong, basically what B3mo said.

From what you've said, which I can actually believe, let's just hope the entries that people voted for on FB are good/ unique looking ones.

Now knowing FB is probably going to be the final decider, I feel like my efforts were slightly in vain. Oh well. I guess next time I should make something that's popular. lol

Yes, I agree. That's actually what I am afraid of. I don't have any friends who could vote for me. ;-; *smallest violin*

I also think that the other winners - 4th place and so on ◕‿◕ - should get 7 random caps each. Creating a new set takes a lot time. Everybody gave their best I suppose. <3 Don't you think guys?

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF