2018 Ingame Summer Event

• Oh Boy! Can't wait to see GMs online that are actually closing farm rooms while a "Play this for that amount of time Event" is running where in the rules stand that "No cheating, no farming, no rule Breaking!" isn't allowed.

Feel free to suggest different events!

• How much of this because B11 error?

Karasakal Well thanks for trying.

Karasakal Would be nice if the event base on Mission quest that we have. Either have kills with certain weapon, play in rooms, or number of kills in room. A event base on that would be great. A event that actually keeps tabs like Mission. Would awesome.

• Hi, the initial plan was actually have a summer event. Unfortunately, it won't happen.

Next week in the first Q&A session I'll make a short summary about what's going on (I have good news, don't worry. Just things taking time as expected, but more than expected ;D)

What about this week? Something? or nothing yet?

• kara said earlier in the thread that there worn't be a summer event.

Who cares summer event xD? I mean Q&A. They said "hopefully next week", last week nothing happened, this week nothing happened again. Ik they're working with Battleye to fix that annoying errors… but no way.

• Who cares summer event xD? I mean Q&A. They said "hopefully next week", last week nothing happened, this week nothing happened again. Ik they're working with Battleye to fix that annoying errors… but no way.

Well since the thread is "summer event" and you were talking about "events" I assumed you meant that.

• Well since the thread is "summer event" and you were talking about "events" I assumed you meant that.

Yeah i get you but Kara said here that about Q&A

Hi, the initial plan was actually have a summer event. Unfortunately, it won't happen.

Next week in the first Q&A session I'll make a short summary about what's going on (I have good news, don't worry. Just things taking time as expected, but more than expected ;D)

• Hey guys, Q&A will be on Friday! \o/

It will be live on Facebook at 4.30 PM! We will mostly answer the questions you already sent but may get a couple during the Q&A as well.

Now, we are trying something like this for the first time, so depending on how well it goes, we will improve/change the way we do it.

• Hey guys, Q&A will be on Friday! \o/

It will be live on Facebook at 2.30 PM! We will mostly answer the questions you already sent but may get a couple during the Q&A as well.

Now, we are trying something like this for the first time, so depending on how well it goes, we will improve/change the way we do it.

Andy reason why not the official forum?

The only questions you will get on FB will probably be when Egypt is going to be unbanned.

• Let me be clearer:

The video will be live and we will answer questions that you've already asked through the thread on the forums with the form.

We have a long list that will take several sessions to go through, this is #1.

On top of all the questions asked through the forums, we may also answer a few via live.

If you are able to add a live video function to forums, I'll be happy to do it here ;D

And again, we are trying things out! We thought it'd be fun to have a bit of interaction plus actually seeing a face rather than text and a profile picture (even if it's a classic, timeless work of art like mine.)

• I was wondering if we can just have developer updates in form of videos and stuff like that. it doesn't have to be necessarily live. We have sent our questions already anyway.

• Good for the confirmation, but at least make a announcement post informing people that their be a live feed ahead of time. Not making people wait several days to get this info. Don't know how many people would know about this. Its does feel last minute. Doubt people would check this thread and this post is about event, not Q&A. So make announcement post separate from this.

Why live feed on FB, but not on Twitch? I even have a notification for S4 on Twitch. Which I don't know how I got the notification. Be nice if you use that Twitch instead of FB. That something you guys could work later in future.

• You'll see posts everywhere, don't worry.

The reason for Facebook is because we can reach the most amount of people there. Facebook should send notifs, we'll also ask people to share (with a nice giveaway and random rewards.)

• The s4 community was never too much into social media nor twitch. Just saying. The forum was the main place for news and for most of the ppl who cared about the game. That changed when news stopped being announced (or were announced the last) so most ppl just moved to s4db to spam their gameplay videos there.

Also I haven't seen the aeria newsletter being used in years. It is just a big missed opportunity for news and new content.

• The s4 community was never too much into social media nor twitch. Just saying. The forum was the main place for news and for most of the ppl who cared about the game. That changed when news stopped being announced (or were announced the last) so most ppl just moved to s4db to spam their gameplay videos there.

Also I haven't seen the aeria newsletter being used in years. It is just a big missed opportunity for news and new content.

I totally agree. Alice6

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

Facebook has 220k of pple following :/ ofc They are not all online but can reach more people.

• Facebook has 220k of pple following :/ ofc They are not all online but can reach more people.

But how many are still interested in s4?

Also I am not saying it shouldn't be posted there as well. I just prefer when 3rd party sites are just optional and not mandatory to gain information from.

• You'll see posts everywhere, don't worry.

The reason for Facebook is because we can reach the most amount of people there. Facebook should send notifs, we'll also ask people to share (with a nice giveaway and random rewards.)

Hopefully you guys can record the Q&A. In case who might miss it.

• All the feedback duly noted guys.

I believe Facebook turns it into a video which we will also upload to youtube (which will later see some love by the way, not soon though) and we will also publish answers in all languages in the forums.

To be honest, the most important part for us in this one is that you see a person. So if somehow doesn't work out for the purposes of Q&A, we really don't mind switching to pure text or whatever.

By the way, Q&A was actually bad naming, we didn't think much about it. What else can we call it?

• To be honest, the most important part for us in this one is that you see a person.

That is why I woudl like to see developement update in form of videos. Stuff on which you guys are working etc. Something like what OW and Paladins does.

Also I feel like just collecting the questions and then making a video with the answers will be more practical. Once posted, we can discuss on the answers and you guys can get feedback from it.

The issues with the live Q&A is that not everyone can get on time and watching it after has less of a value or most ppl will just do it for the rewards.

Seeing that most comments on FB are "when unban latino", seems like it is going to be a short Q&A.

• "Hello, this is Papa Jeff Kara from the Overwatch S4 League Team. In todays developer update I would like to talk about..."

I actually don't care too much what you call it as long as the content itself is nice.