Feedback Needed - What weapons are (un)used and why?

• Hey everyone,

Me with yet another feedback topic, related to the previous one.

Here are my questions:

In your experience (and please let everyone THEIR experience)

1) What are the weapons that are being used all the time?

2) Why?

3) What are the weapons that are (almost) never being used?

4) Why?

Feel free to skip or answer any questions. I'd also invite you to discuss with each other (in a civil way.)

• o man....I'll keep in short and give one example of each. To lazy to type essays on my phone.

1) Railgun

2) Since the buff/change it has become an all-purpose op killing machine. With literally almost everyone becoming a pro mlg sniper and making the other sniping weapon (sharpshooter) look like a watergun in comparrsion. Rapid fire, quick charge, abilty to be cancelled with skills (sheild/bind) for ever faster rapid fire, stun, knock back, cancels targets reloads/jumps/momentum, range (duh its a sniper) and just being overall easy to use compared to how it was before. Hell you can even rush with it. Sniping being a defensive position is so 2012.

3) Light machine gun

4) Why use it when hmg is so much better. Decent range but much better weapons availble. Good to use if you want to handicap yourself as a challenge or something....

• 1.)I use bat , cs , tasersword ,and dagger is the most weapons I use all the time because I am old school plus that is the easiest weapons to use plus it is most common weapon to use.

2.) The weapons I almost never use is snipe and rail guns because I can't aim and the rail guns too op right now .

• 1) What are the weapons that are being used all the time?

In SO mode Dagger and BR

In Unlimited between Revolver and SMG.

2) Why?

Dagger is always a must get. Easy to use and very good for cheap kills. For BR everyone be abusing its absurd fast power swing.

For guns I think those two are the most use in Unlimited mode. Both good in term of power and fast reload.

For SO mode Vital Shock and Katana

For Unlimited Spark Rifle and Dual Magnum

4) Why?

VS. No one (almost) every use it. All attacks are weak. The combo itself leave too many opening and blind spots. Very useless weapon in SO.

Same with Katana its also underpower like VS.

For Unlimited mode out of all the guns Spark Rifle is the most never (almost) use. In comparsion to its sister homming rifle. No one would choose it over spark.

For Magnum hardy see that much people using it due to low power.

• Used weapons - "normal-not noob weapons" , so called by the community
    Anything that isn't a "noob" weapon

The most used/popular weapons, IMO, are : Assault rifle, Plasma sword, Rail gun, SMG,Bombs

Why ? : Because they have the highest damage output in the shortest time, and they are basic weapons with no particular functionalities (example : aim assistance)

Non-used weapons - "noob" ones, so called by the community
    Anything that isn't a "pro" weapon

The least used ones are : Mind shock, Turret (normal and mk2) , LMG (normal and mk2), dual magnum,vital shock also homing weapons as well (homing/spark)
    and pretty much every melee that is not plasma/counter/dagger/bat D:

Why ? : Because you would be a noob for using them, duh!
    It's as stupid as it sounds.. people won't use weapons like this for THIS reason, lol.
    Also,and maybe mainly, because they don't perform as well as the popular ones (ex : less damage)

PAtu0BA.jpg
    " To Heal and Protect"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asdone ().

In unlimited it's obviously dagger/smash-assault rifle/revolver in EACH mode (cause some here may forget it's not all about TD, even tho theses 4 are still the most played)

2) Why?

Dagger: well it's a strong weap. Movement speed, damage, shorts animations.

Smash-assault: well theses are noobs weapons. They both can hit you from any range and deal a big amount of damage, their pattern allow to make easy crits which is not normal when this pattern is random. You'll see at least 80% play them. Both are way too versatile and don't require any really skill to be good at.

Revolver: it has a good burst. But idk why it is so much played tho.

Gauss rifle and dual magnum.

4) Why?

Gauss: low movements speed while hitting, has the hardest pattern to control (without any skill which could help) and sometimes makes you spike.

Magnum: low damages, low push, low fire rate. It has nothing really useful.

• (Everything based on Unlimited TD.)

1) Smash, Assault, Bombs, Rail Gun

2) High DPS while being easy to handle and without drawback.

3) Sigma Blade, Vital Shock, Exo, Dual Magnum, Gauss Rifle, Air Gun, LMG, Turret, Canno, Sharpshooter, Senty Nell, Sentry Gun, Mind Shock, Rocket Launcher

4) Most of them have a low DPS or a big drawback like reduced movement, limited ammo, huge cooldowns.

• I will go by categories.

Melee:

SD makes most other weapons obsolete because of having high damage and fast movement sped

Breaker makes most weapon obsolete because of its range and damage. The Twin blades also seems like a worse version of it.

Vital shock, Boots, Katana are mostly useless for fighting because of the high cooldowns on their attacks.

Boots are overused now only for their speed to score TDs and nothing more.

Scythe is the only weapon that has verticality which makes it a must have in a lot of situations and can't be stunned by CS

The bat is a victim of the power creep and is not very useful for anything than pushing ppl away due to most of its attacks lacking damage.

Rifle:

Assault rifle makes most of the rifle weapon obsolete because of its superior base damage, spread and its effective range

Semi rifle is underused because of its low base damage and any sniping weapon doing the job better

Gauss is underused due to its terrible shooting pattern and slow movement speed (except for one guy who is macroing the first shot to gain 100% accuracy on it). Other than its higher damage it is inferior to the MK2 version by anything else.

Dual magnum is underused probably because of the lower clip size and fire rate compared to homing rifle

Guns:

Hand gun is overused only because of the wall push bug (since it is the gun weapon with highest move speed) and for being able to cancel the jump animation with it

The shotgun is underused because of its inconsistent pattern and inferior damage compared to the revo

The air gun gets use only on station-2 since it can only push people away or in the abyss. It is like a melee weapon that has limited ammo.

MK2 shotgun is overused due to being superior with to the revo

Heavy:

The LMG is underused because of its low damage

MK2 LMG is underused because it is peace of garbage. It has lower ammo and terrible spread since its pattern didn't get a buff when the regular LMG got it.

Turret is underused because the primary fire deals similar damage to smg but with terrible spread. The secondary mode is too situational and clunky to use in general and to get in and out of it.

Snipe:

Goes without saying that rail makes any other sniping weapon obsolete

The Cannonade is kinda obsolete outside station-2 due to its low base damage

Special:

The Nell is underused due to how situational it is. It mostly getting use defending in st2

Mind Energy is being overused for healing due to being the the only consistent healing weapon.

Throwing:

The RL is underused only because the bombs are now easier to use and kill with

The Lightning bomber is more useful than the Earth bomber due to having a chance to deal mode damage even if the enemy is barely in range and also because it got changed to slow down targets as well.

The MK2 lightning bomber is more useful due to detonating almost instantly, draining your SP and even makes the enemies unable to jump

The MK2 rescue gun makes the regular one obsolete due to having too much utility (healing sp, refiling ammo, enemies don't get healed when pick grenades)

• The bat is a victim of the power creep and is not very useful for anything than pushing ppl away due to most of its attacks lacking damage.

Tho i'd say that the usage of weapons is up to every single individual in the game, i can tell that i pretty much use most of the bat attacks since instead of taking the ps path i took the bat one long ago, the least i use is actually the swings since you don't really want to push people into your own goal

• I want to get a take on the skills as well:

HP mastery is overused because it works in any situation and having 30 more HP pretty much saves you from being 1hko'd by SD and other things.

Unique dual mastery makes the HP and SP mastery skills obsolete completely simply because it is almost as both combined in one.

The detect skill is obsolete because the tracking buff makes it useless, it has way too short range and it pointless outside DM.

The invisible skill is another victim of the tracking buff especially in DM. There is no point using it if everyone can use tracking buff on you anyway.

The rest of the skills usually get some use in different modes and maps.

About the F skills:

The strong chip skill is overused simply because it does more of everything. The chips have the best offensive stats as well as providing some extra HP. The skill itself is 250 HP raw damage that requires no SP to use and has no counter.

• Tbh removing the tracking buff in the game would solve the problems with using Invisible, and would make Detect a tad bit usefull maybe in DM. Detect was supposed to be the counter for Invisible, and as you said tracking made it useless since anyone can pay PEN upon death to get temporary tracking. Although even without the Tracking buff Detect doesn't feel that usefull, would it be a bad idea to scrap the tracking spawn buff, and add it as a passive effect on the Detect skill?

• Tbh removing the tracking buff in the game would solve the problems with using Invisible, and would make Detect a tad bit usefull maybe in DM. Detect was supposed to be the counter for Invisible, and as you said tracking made it useless since anyone can pay PEN upon death to get temporary tracking. Although even without the Tracking buff Detect doesn't feel that usefull, would it be a bad idea to scrap the tracking spawn buff, and add it as a passive effect on the Detect skill?

I am totally fine removing the buff system as a whole since it just feels unfair and a pen waster.

Maybe at least add notification when you are being tracked or something.

In Unlimited~

Rail Gun, and why?: Rail has knockback on uncharged shots (which is dumb yet op), and has a slow on hit effect on full charges that don't kill (which is also dumb but op).

Lightning / MK2 Bombers, and why?: They both have a on hit slow effect, and because you get punished for trying to dodge them. The closer you are to the center the less damage you take, but then you have to deal with the slow.

Revolver & Mk2 Shotgun, and why?: Airhug bug. (Edit: Also Mk2 Shotgun makes the regular version obsolete. I can't believe I forgot there was a difference between the 2 shotgun types. Mk2 has Much faster firing speed, and some more damage than the original at the tiny cost of a little mobility. I haven't used the normal version in a while, so my some of my comments below apply to MK2 Shotgun and not the normal).

Assault Rifle, and why?: Unhindered movespeed while shooting, fast reload, high damage, accurate, damage to distant targets isn't nerfed as much for me as it is with Gauss, (just how it feels to me).

Mind Energy & Rescue Gun: Healing is too powerful in DM. I can't speak for TD because I don't really play it. But if your enemies have even just one more healer than your side does, then they already have a giant advantage. This is why many No Heal rooms show up, because no one wants to go heal stack vs heal stack teams. It pretty much forces everyone to put on a heal of some type, lowering player versatility.

In Swords Only~

Breaker, and why?: Its left click deals 60 damage, yet is executed as fast as a light slash, and also with a short post delay. It can be used as a camping tool from higher ground because of the way its jump and charge attacks work. Jump is used to push enemies away, thus making it a positioning tool. Almost all of the Breakers attacks all have shorter post delays than the Bat despite seeming like a heavy weapon. The weapon is good in all situations, (1 vs 1, Situational, and Crowd Control). Which is why this has always been one of the go to weapons for OS Tournaments.

Dagger, and why?: Another popular weapon for OS Tournaments. 120 Movespeed. and all you have to do in order to counter any light slash used against you is hold W + Right click. There is no drawbacks to using stab because of a bug present, while you hold W it'll skip the post animation after the last hit frame, letting you walk again freely. This makes it hard to counter stab spammers, and so pretty much the only way to beat them in OS is to have a CS ready, but with the lags going on half the time that's not even possible anymore.

Fists, and why?: It can counter anything almost with its right click, PS Dash? Just hold Right click + Space then dodge and you'll 1 shot people that hit you with it. It's Light Slashes aren't hindered by player movement like PS is, and they do 30 damage per hit base, and even more with enchants which is about what PS Crits do, (though PS crits have to actually be well aimed to do that kind of damage). The light slashes are the main problem here, as their reach also goes almost as far as BR jump hit. Their light slash speed is also about the same as PS light slash. Due to this, it is also better than PS in almost all situations. It handles crowds much better because of the absurd range and damage of the light slashes. It's super hard to escape Fist light cages, and almost impossible to recover/counter it without losing most, (if not all) your life.

Exo Scythe, and why?: It's the only melee weapon in the game that allows you to launch yourself and your opponent up. The animation for the launch attack can be canceled at almost any time, making it not punishable, but making it profitable in all cases for the player using it. It much like CS allows players to do things they cannot normally without it, (aerial combos) since you can freely swap weapons when you cancel the animations. It also does a lot of damage with its Heavy/Launch and Jump attack (50 base damage on each). It is also a popular OS Tournament weapon because of these reasons.

2) What are the weapons that are (almost) never being used?

In Unlimited~

Semi-Rifle, and why?: Even though it has a scope, it's very outmatched by Assault rifle and Rail gun. Why take Semi, when you could do the same thing more effectively with Assault or Rail?

Light Machine Gun, and why?: Despite having decent move-speed for a heavy gun, it still falls short of even the Assault or the Subs because its damage is pathetic. The MK2 version is even weaker. It has a decent amount of accuracy when you're first starting it up, and that's the only other positive I can recall for it atm. The only place to use this effectively is in either arcade modes.

Turret & MK2 Version, and why?: Going stationary to deal more damage is a death sentence for the person doing it. This is a game where you must move fast. Setting the turret up takes too much time even with chips and enchants. Even if you set it up in time players can still just wall shoot you, and meanwhile you're sitting there unable to do the same, and worse you can't avoid their wall shoot rail shots for instance. You'd be dead before you could even revert to mobile mode. Also mobile modes damage is pathetic compared to HMG. Don't get me started on MK2 Turret. It does only 16 base damage, wth? That means its mobile mode only does around 8 damage per hit. Even if it gets a shield in Stationary mode it's still not worth it. Even a semi rifle is a better choice here than Mk2 turret.

Sentry Nell, and why?: Its reaction time is too slow. It's simply a sitting target waiting to get shot. The gun version is even a better decoy than this one even, as it can more easily distract than this Nell can. I always thought it should push players away from it as well rather than just stun them where they stand, but to each their own.

Dual Magnums, and why?: 10 Base damage is too small of this kind of gun. Assault would always be the better choice rather than Mags. It also has too small of an ammo clip. The mags can't head-shot crit also.

(Edit); Burst Shotgun, and why?: The Mk2 variant of this is much more powerful. There's no reason to use this one over the other. It's slower, does less damage as well. Personally I think it'd be better if the original Bursts were converted to the Mk2 version.

In Swords~

Vital Shock, and why?: It can only be used effectively in rooms with few players. Even in that case, it leaves the player way too open. Its light slashes are next to useless because they deal pitiful damage, and players know how to recover out of their flinches pretty fast. It's not a comfortable weapon to light slash with also because if you're up against a Fist user, you know their light slashes will most of the time do 3x the damage that you do. (Not exaggerating, Vital lights do 10 damage, while Fists do 30). Even if you land a critical, you're doing 20 damage, which isn't too bad, but keep in mind even Exo does 20 damage with its light and Daggers do 25 with their light slash without needing crits either. Then there's the case of the lunge attack, (right click + left click special), which has a puny hitbox. If you miss, you'll have to wait through the entire animation, (and it's the longest melee attack anim in the game btw) before you can move again. Which gives the opponents plenty of time to kill you. So why use Vital shock, when the Dagger even does more damage with its lights, and does almost 2x the damage with its special and with a much shorter execution time?

Sigma Blade, and why?: It's Compressed Mode does little damage. The ground combo in Compressed Mode doesn't reach very far. (The light attack part is actually fine, but the player doesn't move forward enough for the kick part. The Compressed Mode is out preformed by many other weapons. Many times I've landed the light attack but then would have the kick miss because of this). The only answer to Revenge this weapon has is the Awakening itself. Awakened Mode is a SP hog, and is completely useless vs Revenge. Awakened Modes jump attack has the same reach as Compressed modes jump attack despite visually looking like it hits further. Awakened mode is hard to control. No answer for Stun in Awakened mode. Recovering from being staggered is taxing in Awakened mode.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Fazoodle ().

In Unlimited~

Revolver & Burst Shotgun, and why?: Super high damage and airhug bug.

i can't let this thing pass. No burstshotgun isn't a high played weapon, it's rather an under one and it doesn't have that much high damage.

We're all here to have some balancing weapon but if everyone start to say bs things just because we don't like some weaps or kind of gameplay then this thread no need to be here.

• i can't let this thing pass. No burstshotgun isn't a hight played weapon, it's rather an under one and it doesn't have that much high damage.

We're all here to have some balancing weapon but if everyone start to say bs things just because we don't like some weaps or kind of gameplay then this thread no need to be here.

I use burst myself, and actually its damage is simmilar to Rev close range, and is more forgiving at long range. The main issue I have here is with the airhuggers, and you can't really balance Rev without touching Burst too. The two have to be consistent with each-other so neither one is better than the other.

Edit: I fixed the post, the damage of the two isn't the problem sorry.

• I use burst myself, and actually its damage is simmilar to Rev close range, and is more forgiving at long range. The main issue I have here is with the airhuggers, and you can't really balance Rev without touching Burst too. The two have to be consistent with each-other so neither one is better than the other.

Currently one is way better than the other obv, and about air hugging i'm pretty sure it's not an argue when it's about weapons only

• Currently one is way better than the other obv, and about air hugging i'm pretty sure it's not an argue when it's about weapons only

The Revolver only shoots 4 bullets in a set pattern. All 4 bullets combined deal the damage listed on the weapons attack stat. The revolvers bullets spread out far apart from each other at long range. The shotgun on the other hand, has several more bullets in its spread. Just like the Revolver though if all the bullets land on target you'll get the damage listed on the weapons stat. But since there're more bullets, this is why it's more forgiving at firing mid range. The Revolver and Burst are rivaled, but with the Rev having a lead in point blank range since its bullets individually do much more damage than a single burst bullet. The opposite is true with mid range, (because more of the burst spread is more likely to hit).

The reason most players take Rev over Burst is because AR and Subs are better at firing mid range than the Burst, and the Rev is slightly better at point blank range than burst because like i said its individual bullets do more damage. However their damage is simmilar if "all their bullets land on target". I don't know which of the two push players further back though, but that may be another factor as well.

Edit: Also it may be personal preference. I prefer Shotgun over Rev because I feel as if I can aim easier with it in both situations.

Edit 2: I forgot one important detail, I use Mk2 Shotgun, and I forgot it is different from the normal one. One more edit to make.

• First of all, I mostly play Unlimited/Gun Only + Touchdown with FP Stats.

1) What are the weapons that are being used all the time?

Rail Gun, Hand Gun, Iron Boots, Revolver, Smash Rifle, Sub Machine Gun, Assault Rifle, Spy Dagger

Not-that-much-but-still-common: Sentries, Bombs, Heavy Machine Gun, Semi Rifle

2) Why?

Personal preference? Nah, jk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After the last "rework" Rail Gun is just too easy to use and hard to counter especially if the sniper is using air hug.

Same goes for Iron Boots, pick the Fumbi then press right click: Easy TD.

Turret, Light Machine Gun, Sharp Shooter, Cannonade, Mind Shock, Rocket Launcher, Gauss Rifle, Spark Rifle, Homing Rifle.

4) Why?

Spark Rifle, Homing Rifle and Sharp Shooter don't have unlimited magazines and weak when you compare them with other weapons. You need to en¢hant hard and spend some money if you want to use those weapons.

• Meanwhile, without being weak to revenge, it would basically be guaranteed kill to use it due to it's raw speed and power.

This is also true. It's possible to cancel the awaken animation too by immediately attacking. Sometimes resulting in visually bugging the weapon on other players screens. Its random crit on Awakened Mode heavy attack (LMB hold) does the most damage in the game compared to any other melee attack. This weapon needs more than just a nerf or buff, it needs a rework.

Personally I think the awakened mode should be for pure crowd control, and the compressed mode should be for 1 vs 1 situations. If it were much slower in awakened form, but did area damage instead of direct hit damage, (but a reasonable amount) would it be fair enough then for it to break revenge?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fazoodle ().

• I agree with most things that have been said, except when some people mentioned airhug.

Airhug isn't OP. In fact, airhug isn't even optimal. airhug has never won a tournament. People who have more trouble dealing with airhug than with regular people who have good aim aren't reacting properly. Aside from railgun + airhugging, because we all know that railgun is OP, and really you can pair anything with railgun and the result will be OP if the railgun user is good enough.

Airhuggers have 2 resources that are extremely important and that can be exhausted more easily than you would assume, and a significant weakness. Those two resources are ammo and stamina, and the weakness is range (unless railgun is involved but we don't talk about railgun).

Airhugging is near unbeatable when the user can take a close range engagement with those two resources maxed out. But if you let them do that, then maybe you deserve to get killed. When the range isn't optimal for them, an airhugger is going to have to have to spend more of those resources than they would like to try to compensate for that disadvantage, either by trying to get close while taking a minimal amount of damage (using their SP) or by shooting anyway (the DPS isn't necessarily bad, but the ammo spent to damage dealt ratio is low). That's when you can starve them out of either resources, allowing for an easy kill.

In other words, keep your distance. Never push into them except if you know they are weak. Fight them from afar even if you have only subs. When they reload, go for the kill. Reloading both weapons is very time-consuming. If they try to get close, keep your distance still, and eventually they'll have low SP. Then, go for the kill.

And if they have rail gun, blame rail gun.

As for the rest, well I kind of wrote an essay a thread about the unlimited sta-2 meta, but if I had to give a TLDR:

///The following weapons / skills are too powerful and frustrating and should be nerfed and ideally reworked (I'm going to cut the explanations this time):

-rail gun

-boots

-lightning bomb

-lightning bomb MKII

-(Power) Shield

-Red and blue F skills

///The following may belong to that same category, though not to the same extent:

-bind

-fists

-plasma sword

-mine gun

-any form of healing

///The following weapons/skills are currently either balanced or not very powerful but are still frustrating and should not be buffed unless they are reworked.

-sharp shooter, cannonade

-earth bomb

-Anchor

And that's it for the TLDR. I didn't mention weapons that I think should be buffed or reworked in a positive way though. So let's do it.

///The following weapons/skills should be reworked because they aren't fun to play with.

-Turret: Wall shot is a thing, and standing still isn't really what S4 is about imo. Setup time should be way shorter at the cost of some damage.

-Gauss: Its spray is weird and the weapon feels clunky since you need to wait after firing before you can do anything else. Shield cancel + gauss is fun though (macro aside), I think the weapon should deal more damage and have a slower fire rate to reward that playstyle.

-Air Gun: This weapon has no depth. It's like a melee weapon with only one attack. It was a lot of fun when you could shield cancel it though. If shield ever becomes balanced, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to bring that interaction back.

-MKII Gauss: The right click has a sort of charge time before it fires, like rail gun's left click, but you can't correct your aim properly during that time, so the weapon feels really clanky, and when you do manage to hit it doesn't deal enough damage considering the stamina you have to spend. Currently a worse Air Gun. The right click should either be less clanky or not cost SP imo.

-Metallic: Only ever used to cheese in DM (you use it when people shoot you and wait for your team to distract them so that you can resume whatever you were doing in the first place). I think it should be more about tricking people into shooting your metallic form rather than playing the role of a weeping angel. Meaning a lot more retaliatory damage, but a lot more SP consumption (and shorter cancelling animation).

-Block: Currently its only viable-ish use (aside from camping spawn in azit) is to block the goal. I think it should materialise faster so that you can use it to react to incoming fire / bombs / rushes and cost way less stamina (tbh I think it wouldn't be too strong even if it costed no stamina) so that you can use it more easily during a fight (you still have to dodge if you want to cancel the animation). I would also reduce its size to make it so it cannot block the goal.

///The following weapons/skills are interesting though not powerful enough and should be straight up buffed

-fly: If anything, make it so it doesn't center your camera every time you use it. Fly seems kinda fun, but shooting people who use it is too easy, and I say this not as a fly user, but as a player who has no issue shooting fly users off the sky.

-invis: I think it's unnecessarily clunky due to its activation cost. If it had no activation cost, you could use it more freely in preparation for a fight and have the option to switch to a more straightforward approach when the time comes.

-bat: You basically need people to either be walking into your swings or not move at all when you swing at them to send them flying, and in unlimited mode it rarely ever happens. And when it does, other more versatile weapons can do the job just as well. I haven't mentioned too many swords because I understand that the SO meta works differently and it makes no sense to balance swords around unlimited when a majority of people don't play it, but in this weapon's case I get the impression that it's not even a good pick in sword matches. I feel like the weapon deserves to be either sped up a bit or deal more damage to be worth using over more popular alternatives.

• From most used to less used:

1. Dagger: simply the most used weapon in game.
      • High speed, very high damage, low cooldown.
    2. CounterSword: Up there with the dagger maybe even above it I wasn't sure.

• Prevents a lot of damage. Fast and long range to travel / dodge (left click). High range on push and several other things you can do only with the CounterSword.
    3. PlasmaSword: This weapon has a whole community around it since 2009. A fan favorite.

• Stuns(very useful in TD). Dash to kill (high damage crits) or to score in TD. Loved by a only ps community in DM.
    4. Breaker: Very powerful weapon. A weapon of choice to strike fast and hard. Very used in competitive DM and decently used in TD.

• Low cooldowns. High range. High damage. Fast attacks.
    5. StormBat: Used by a lot of DM players and some TD players thanks to its push that make people fly to the moon.

• Easy to use. High damage (crit). One hit jump attack crit (with pity. only in TD). Decent range.
    6. Exo Scythe: One of the most used weapons in DM along with breaker. It's a no brainer in competitive mode thanks to its fast attacks.

• High damage. Safe if well used. Very polyvalent (can cancel, use it to get on high terrain etc..).
    7. Iron Boots: Very strong weapon. used both in DM and in TD for its mobility/ high damage and simplicity.

• High damage (can 2 hit kill). High moblity(as fast as the dagger and faster with the speed boost). Simple to use.
    8. Metallic fists: Much more of a DM weapon. Very used In competitive DM thanks to its high damage/ simplicity.

• Easy to hit with the left click. Right click very powerful can counter pretty much anything. simple and fast.
    9. Twin Blades: Also more of a DM weapon. Not so popular even though these are very strong.

• High range/ damage. Decent low cooldowns. Popular amongst new players thanks to its simplicity.
    10. Katana: Pretty much only used in DM (not so much seen) a strong weapon but not very simple to use. It's easy to die with this.

• Very high range. High damage. It's a katana.
    11. Sigma Blade: Very very very Rare and unused. Very good weapon but most useless weapon against the CounterSword. That's why no one uses it.
      • Pros: Very high damage. Decent range.
      • Cons: Is useless against CS, a weapon used by pretty much everyone. Sp consumption high.
    12. Vital Shock: Unused weapon. Needs a buff.

• Very low damage. High risk, low reward. High cooldown on the right click (if you fail you die. It's very easy to fail.). Gets totally countered by CS.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercure ().

• I have been absent for some time and I'm only active in OS, but the usage of those two weapons hasn't changed at all.

1. Dagger.

It is a rarity to see someone not using the dagger in any kind of form. The normal attack is fast, has a big hitbox with a far reach, let's you cancel any incoming attacker if used at the correct moment and stings besides all other usefulness. The Dash attack is the number one killing tool even capable to sometimes onehit fully geared players. The reach is long, especialy at the end of the dash and you have a very low cooldown. Most prefered use: Using the dash attack from a longer range to hit someone at the end and use it again before he can counter. And Speed counter into Dash attack.

The only drawback is, that you have no knockback against an enemy and they can move while being killed, so it is kinda useless close to the goal in defense, but most don't defend anyway.

2. Counter Sword.

It is the easiest counter against the dagger with it's shield. It doesn't do that much damage but has a ton of utility. Moving along a wall with acitve counter boosts the speed and the fast normal attacks can help you dodge while being the carrier and can be hard to predict. Jump attack after an airwalk while being smashed away helps staying close while also attacking back. It can close gaps and help moving around the map more easily. In combination with the Plasma Sword, the comet is sometimes useful as a surprise attack or to get over gaps.

Only drawbacks are again in defense. The heavy covers a great area but it is easy to recover because of the hight enemys get knocked away and it needs more hits to kill, which are useful drawbacks because of the utility it has.

Those two have been used before all the cpdb rooms and yeah, stay there. The dagger is a must have if you want the maximum positives and the cs is a great tool to defend against the dagger while having all those positives attached to it.

Others weapons, that aren't used at all ... I can't say anything about it, because of all the cpdb rooms since I've come back.

But really. I'm a guy.

Have a nice day.

• Depending on the game mode, i would say that swords player are using in Touch Down: Counter Sword, Plasma Sword, Spy Dagger, Bat.

On Death match it's switching between weapons like Metallic Fist, Exo Scythe, Breaker. In other modes like Siege it's getting mixxed up with that buildings.

Unlimited: Well we have to make a difference here. You cannot compare the popularity of some weapons in two different game modes. Swords only mode is a little bit different as the unlimited mode. Before Rail Gun got buffed i saw people playing Spark / Homing.

However i would say that in Unlimited weapons like Spy Dagger, Smash, Assault Revo are being used all the time, but again not from everyone. Some players preferr to take snipe weapons cause it's easier to hit something with that.