Posts by Narzay

Just some short words.

Thank you so far for this well debated topic.
    I just want you to stick to the topic and to not drift off-topic

The idea sound good so far and I am looking into it with the team, more feedbacks and ideas regarding this are welcome.
    Keep in mind: I cannot promise you anything.

Thank you for taking a look at the thread.

I would include a new lvl system within an overhaul at this point imo, just as a fresh start. Rebalance weapons, modes, skills and then the level system along with the GUI and you have an entire "new" game that will give some fresh air

That sounds increadible. Maybe such an update could be implemented as the start of a new season?

It will never change, don’t except too much from S4 League devs right now.

I understand your point. In some ways S4 League has been standing still in terms of development for a long time. Whereas other games have gotten more frequent and significant updates.

However there is no gaurantee that the ranking system will never change. I believe even if the developers might be working on other aspects of S4 League right now. The Aeria staff might still take notice in the fact that players would appreciate a different ranking system.

I believe that the more people showing an interest in wanting a different ranking system in S4 League. The greater the influence it will have on when the ranking system should be changed.

I don't like this one. There are people who invested far more playtime than others (I guess, when it comes to the "long term" S4s, I am on the low end).

If you keep exp-gain the same, some people should definitely start higher up.

If they give special sets for certain levels, they could make it so S4 gets way out of our reach ( the system we have now had its goal so easily reachable) and over time develop said sets.

Considering COMN: I'd like to see exp unfarmable but how can that be achieved?

In the Q & A video Frozen shared. Karasakal spoke about a prestige system similar to what you see in Call of Duty. COMN also wrote about this earlier last year.

This could solve the problem by making it possible for everyone to receive the rank-up rewards if they prestige and rank up again.

Here is the Q&A from our last Product Manager Karasakal.
    Among other things, he is not just talking about Level changes or level rewards.

I have set a timer in the right place to prevent you for searching it forever.

The Video started at 00:00 when I played it. But I heard something about the old leveling system a little after 1:30:00.

I feel like it should be changed to endless. I mean, you still gain exp even after reaching max rank anyway. There can be some small reward for each level with every 10 giving a better reward and even bigger for lets say every 50 levels.

I like this idea. An interesting concept, does there really need to be a cap? It sounds fun to see all the differences in ranks if there is no limit to them.

I have been S4 rank for a long time now. Often I also see lots of players that have become S4 nowadays.

In my opinion it would be much more fun to reintroduce the S1, S2 and S3 ranks after the Pro rank.

997-d0bc3c1811dd2f4291582cfdc13f28ee7c27ee72.jpg COMN wrote: First we need to acknowledge that every change brought to the level system would only affect the low level players, and for that reason I would reset the level somehow reminding people that a certain person had reached a certain level in the past, and then I would introduce something like a 1-100 level with ranks like the one we have now but better rewards and most importantly impossible to farm. When you reach the level 100 you have the eSper rank and you can start over as an S1, level 100, s2, level 100, s3, pretty much like the prestige system Call of Duty has (which btw the PM mentioned during the stream) up to level 1000.
    I really believe it must be something hard to achieve because as of now there's way too many people that have reached max level, and that means that it's too easy to get it.

I think this seems like a cool way to change the ranking system in S4 League. Maybe there could be some unique costumes or other rewards when you get to the different S1, S2, S3 ranks. Like the Master set you get from combi levels.

As for people who are already rank 80. What if they stayed rank 80, and got all the rewards from the earlier levels if they introduced a new ranking system.

I really like this idea. Rewarding players for xp they get even if they are max level seems like a great idea. And giving players cool icons to go over their rank icons, based on their performance in-game is brilliant in my opinion. I can imagine players having something extra to look forward to, watching their rank icons changing to the next stage based on how well they do in game.

I am sure more S4 league players than the ones checking the forum would be interested in these ideas. By spreading this thread we can get more S4 League players interested in this idea. By creating this poll, we can see how many players are for or against the idea of a ranking system change.

Who knows, if we get enough players to vote for a change regarding the ranking system. The Aeria staff might even consider it!

It would be interesting to review the reasoning of your poll choice. If you wish to share your reasoning in this thread.

Karasakal  

I have been S4 rank for a long time now. Often I also see lots of players that have become S4 nowadays.

In my opinion it would be much more fun to reintroduce the S1, S2 and S3 ranks after the Pro rank.

First we need to acknowledge that every change brought to the level system would only affect the low level players, and for that reason I would reset the level somehow reminding people that a certain person had reached a certain level in the past, and then I would introduce something like a 1-100 level with ranks like the one we have now but better rewards and most importantly impossible to farm. When you reach the level 100 you have the eSper rank and you can start over as an S1, level 100, s2, level 100, s3, pretty much like the prestige system Call of Duty has (which btw the PM mentioned during the stream) up to level 1000.
    I really believe it must be something hard to achieve because as of now there's way too many people that have reached max level, and that means that it's too easy to get it.

I think this seems like a cool way to change the ranking system in S4 League. Maybe there could be some unique costumes or other rewards when you get to the different S1, S2, S3 ranks. Like the Master set you get from combi levels.

As for people who are already rank 80. What if they stayed rank 80, and got all the rewards from the earlier levels if they introduced a new ranking system.

I really like this idea. Rewarding players for xp they get even if they are max level seems like a great idea. And giving players cool icons to go over their rank icons, based on their performance in game is brilliant in my opinion. I can imagine it giving players something extra to look forward to. Just watching your rank icon changing to the next stage based on how well you do in game.

I am sure more S4 league players than the ones checking the forum would be interested in these ideas. We should create a poll so that we can get more players interested in these topics. If we get enough votes, maybe the Aeria staff will look into it!