PM Letter May 2018

• Take it as a MOBA specific thing. Banning some weap is totally a right unless people abuse it (like swordser and their 3 weap only). Why should we forced to play against op things ? It's the people using the banning weap that have to use something else

It's how it works in the most played games and actually the, banning system is one of the best thing in MOBA

I wonder where the "ban weapon function" is then. Please show us right now xD

Yeah it's the best thing. Ban everything because I'm too weak to play against it. Why should I learn how to play better when I can ban everything? I'm such a pro but only when I ban everything that I can't handle... Seems legit

• I wonder where the "ban weapon function" is then. Please show us right now xD

Yeah it's the best thing. Ban everything because I'm too weak to play against it. Why should I learn how to play better when I can ban everything? I'm such a pro but only when I ban everything that I can't handle... Seems legit

Titles does it 🤔 even at the really beginning of the game there were 'only swords' rooms 🤔 it's not an official thing but it still here

you guys have such poor argument it surprise me a bit. Falling into exagerration is the worst thing to do for you

Banning doesn't mean 'olil no weap nub' like you guys are trying to point out, it's just a banning system where each team could bann for example 2 weapons.

Even if this system will probably never happens as I told earlier titles will do the job anyway so it doesn't bother ppl at the end

• Titles does it 🤔 even at the really beginning of the game there were 'only swords' rooms 🤔 it's not an official thing but it still here

you guys have such poor argument it surprise me a bit. Falling into exagerration is the worst thing to do for you

Banning doesn't mean 'olil no weap nub' like you guys are trying to point out, it's just a banning system where each team could bann for example 2 weapons.

Even if this system will probably never happens as I told earlier titles will do the job anyway so it doesn't bother ppl at the end

So I can't use a weapon that is banned in the room title in the room itself? Guess I can proof you wrong xD

Argument? You write you are weak. I'm supporting you on that point. I think we are talking about the exact same thing here :D

• So I can't use a weapon that is banned in the room title in the room itself? Guess I can proof you wrong xD

Argument? You write you are weak. I'm supporting you on that point. I think we are talking about the exact same thing here :D

You can but let's see how much time you'll stay on 😉

So what does it mean? I am curious what is your view point of it and not just "mobas does it so s4 should do it as well"

It means that in a game where balancing is prob the worst thing the banning system is like a st graal for players + even tho s4 is not a competitive game at all, bann would allow tryharding clan/players to have a semblance of competitive one. And for the normal one well as you can clearly see right now they seems to have more fun while banning weapons. Even in unilimited it became a common thing.

• Yaethus Although bans do make the game more enjoyable (or playable) for those certain people, what about the players that have fun using the said banned weapons? If the game is meant to be played for fun, (which it is, as pretty much all games are), why then should other players change their arsenal for the sake of picky people, or get kicked? That's a one-sided mindset, and it's one that's only spread out like a virus over a long period of time. My argument is, one should be able to play and have fun without taking fun away from someone else.

• It means that in a game where balancing is prob the worst thing the banning system is like a st graal for players + even tho s4 is not a competitive game at all, bann would allow tryharding clan/players to have a semblance of competitive one. And for the normal one well as you can clearly see right now they seems to have more fun while banning weapons. Even in unilimited it became a common thing.

So isn't it better just to have the weapons rebalanaced? Since aeria is taking the control we can expect changes on much higher rate based on what the community wants.

• Yaethus Although bans do make the game more enjoyable (or playable) for those certain people, what about the players that have fun using the said banned weapons? If the game is meant to be played for fun, (which it is, as pretty much all games are), why then should other players change their arsenal for the sake of picky people, or get kicked? That's a one-sided mindset, and it's one that's only spread out like a virus over a long period of time. My argument is, one should be able to play and have fun without taking fun away from someone else.

Then just create your own room ?

So isn't it better just to have the weapons rebalanaced? Since aeria is taking the control we can expect changes on much higher rate based on what the community wants.

Dude i think everyone agreed with that, it'll make me c*m if it happens. But will it ? And does a full balanced game does even exist ?

Like even with a wepaon balancing, they are still enchants, espers and all theses kind of things that will still makes some weapons stronger than others. S4 league is a brain teaser when it's about balancing and i don't get why a banning system would be a bad thing, it could be an option like FM matches or anything like that, IF (lul) it's thought smart it can only be something benefit. But obv if it's like the vote kick which has a lot of abuse (like at the really beginning it was great idea against hacks) then it will only give something disgusting.

• Then just create your own room ?

Yeaah, here's the prob with that. Everyone wants their "Limits within limits within limits within limits within..." rooms. Players that want to have less (or no) limits have to generally wait a much longer time before others join because a majority of the people prefer those limitations. When I host OS DM rooms (with no other limitations other than OS itself), there are times I've had to wait 10 mins before someone joined. Also i'm sure It's much worse than that for Unlimited mode.

• Yeaah, here's the prob with that. Everyone wants their "Limits within limits within limits within limits within..." rooms. Players that want to have less (or no) limits have to generally wait a much longer time before others join because a majority of the people prefer those limitations. When I host OS DM rooms (with no other limitations other than OS itself), there are times I've had to wait 10 mins before someone joined. Also i'm sure It's much worse than that for Unlimited mode.

Actually no, if it's a game below v5 there is the majority of the time no rules or no ib/bombs(Which is fair)

But yeah in v5-v6 it became a no bomb/rg/hmg/heal/ib for people. And games are way more enjoyable like that.

• Did someone say no one uses cannonade D: I been using that forever.. I love it and it's a highly effective weapon.

I don't think there should be any limiting option aside from SO. True unlimited player teams are by far more dangerous and fun. Sure there is an occasion where you will find a team that all uses healing. But that isn't always a game winner if the other team was smart. I seen people beat hack tooled healer teams with their wits. There are a few weapons I get annoyed with.. but have never banned their use. It is more fitting to me to adapt to the possibilities of it's use and make it worthless to use against me than to hide from it and get obliterated everytime someone brings it.

• You can but let's see how much time you'll stay on 😉

It means that in a game where balancing is prob the worst thing the banning system is like a st graal for players + even tho s4 is not a competitive game at all, bann would allow tryharding clan/players to have a semblance of competitive one. And for the normal one well as you can clearly see right now they seems to have more fun while banning weapons. Even in unilimited it became a common thing.

Balance the worst thing? I still see LoL, Smite, Ow and Dota2 with that balance system that you blame in the top.

I don't see any reason for ban weapons.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Plank ().

• Here are some suggestions

Balance

This one is obvious, but some weapons really need to be toned down (rail gun) I was always salty about bombs and cried every thread I could. It took four years to fix that bug it had which broke the risk reward aspect of the game. Certain weapons need their risk/reward tweaked. Sigma is a great example of a weapon with great risk and reward balance. The same is true for Smgs, Semi Rifle, Plasma Sword, Counter sword, Storm Bat, Revolver, Cannonade, and the OLD RAIL. rail gun was butchered and I assume still remains untouched. These kinds of things turn players away from the game. It doesn't need to be re-reworked. All that is needed is it to be restored to its ORIGINAL incarnation. I'm sure there are old clients somewhere on the web of the Old s4 where the railgun is yet to be updated just copy the coding that relates to it and replace the new railgun. Too many times the Old devs tried to fix what was never broken.

Another thing is the 'stats' aspect of the game. There was a player I had no trouble with until I had the displeasure of viewing the stats on their gear. After that I refused to play with that person in any match. Weapons having +8 on TD +5 Defense piercing +5 Random attack...and then they have the red chips which I cannot attain without grinding the game to a level which I have not the time. This player and others would two shot me even though I was wearing AP. How is that fun? I'm a veteran player too! I know how to get around those ridiculous stats! But think about this from the perspective of a newbie and the mountain they would have to climb just to be able to keep up. When they come here asking for tips, most people tell them they'l need to grind, save pen, gamble for sets or buy ap to survive a bit longer. The game already has a steep learning curve and all these stats and buff does is intimidate new players by asking for an extreme level of commitment to the game in regards to gear, skill, time and money! This is like asking someone to propose on the first date!

We absolutely need a stat cap. If there were a stat cap, one would have multiple paths to reach the same goal. This would add a little depth to the game. If you have enchants on your weapon, you wouldn't need to grind for chips or vice versa because you would only be able to get a +5 at maximum on any given stat for instance. Or you could use both enchants and chips to reach the maximum +5 atk cap. Remove all enchants that are redundant. Remove random attack, Remove Defense piercing, and Remove bonus attack given to corresponding modes and instead give an all round attack bonus that only goes to +5, even if you have a +5 atk chip your attack will never be +10 it will still be a bonus of plus five regardless of gear.

Clothing Stats

Remember how the old fumbi gave you stats in three category? Shooting/Melee for instance. You could make this universal. All clothing could only give atk and defense to one category of weapon. Shirts would give ether Shooting atk, Melee atk, Special atk (throwing weps, sentries and that stuff) and we'd have Melee defense, Shooting Defense and Special Defense. Now a player could only be Op in one category and weak in others which gives a sense of balance.

Also the way to implement this is to have it be a thing you can actively select on any clothing. Your clothing will be able to change the stat buffs as you see fit. So you could change your permanent shirt from melee attack +5 to shooting attack +5 anytime in the lobby.

System implementations

Promote unpopular modes and maps by increasing the rewards you get for those modes. No one plays warfare? Triple pen gain there! No one plays other TD maps? Triple pen gain on all other maps Sans St2. Everyone farming? Dont make pen be so relied upon. No one would need to farm if the pen gain is great.

Fix Random shop. You guys have the power now. See if you can get the old scrips for the old shop working again, where you could select what you want. We're happy to buy perms in the AP shop but we need fun pen sinks. Re add old items to the shop.

• And Kara did it again. Leave the office and i can bring your a small sneak view

unknown.png

lel a catgirl. I like the drawing style of the artist.

Kara probably won't be very pleased that you are leaking his stuff Alice4

I wonder if those characters have some kind of lore or something.

• And Kara did it again. Leave the office and i can bring your a small sneak view

unknown.png

Blue char on the far left i'm lookin at you. I'm willing to buy your clothes, name your price. <3

I love them all, but i'm a big sucker for blue stuff (as you all could probably tell from my icon). x)

• im now happy to show u my art after few minutes of hard thinking and making the right angles of 90 degrees i can now show u art.. It can be easily switched to female or other bikini babes costume... Examples later after im mentally ready for this

• Are there gonna be chances for us to create 3d models (maps, costumes, etc) for ingame use, in the future?
    Or will this never happen?

It is hard to say yes or no. We have the plans to make Contest about Costumes. But no time yet.

Maps is harder, but we will think about that.

• Also I suggest you to change the structure of some data formats (.scn, .seq) and network packages. Another issue is the encryption for the resource folder and some specific file formats ( .x7, .lua). Because those days, several people can edit or use this for there own purpose. But proberbly you are already aware of this...

• Also I suggest you to change the structure of some data formats (.scn, .seq) and network packages. Another issue is the encryption for the resource folder and some specific file formats ( .x7, .lua). Because those days, several people can edit or use this for there own purpose. But proberbly you are already aware of this...

I can say that BattlEye is doing a good job.