PM Letter May 2018

• By the way, I want to clarify one complaint I saw mentioned in DE forums and is very right: I didn't mention bugfixes, performance optimization and security. In my mind these are already part of all these changes, but I should have mentioned them.

We will definitely do these as well. Security obviously is always a concern for us. For performance, we actually have some infrastructure improvement incoming but it needs development support, so it's part of "settling down." As for bugfixes, we are getting as much info from past as possible and I'd like to have bugfixes with each patch, even if they are small ones. Obviously I can't make a promise for this currently, but that's something we actively talked about.

• By the way, I want to clarify one complaint I saw mentioned in DE forums and is very right: I didn't mention bugfixes, performance optimization and security. In my mind these are already part of all these changes, but I should have mentioned them.

We will definitely do these as well. Security obviously is always a concern for us. For performance, we actually have some infrastructure improvement incoming but it needs development support, so it's part of "settling down." As for bugfixes, we are getting as much info from past as possible and I'd like to have bugfixes with each patch, even if they are small ones. Obviously I can't make a promise for this currently, but that's something we actively talked about.

If you get rid of the bug that crashes you after quiting a room i'll get a tattoo with your name on my arm

• He has a point afterall and there's no reason to mock him for that, lol.

uiwQDyV.png

jQ8m4jH.png

RPwZrTY.png

"As we can see, the CS heavy is over 1000% stronger than the ps strong cut"

-Cyleen

• Reminds me of that old joke in which a business adviser tells a farmer to stop with the seeding and focus on the harvesting, because that's where the money is.

• @Badix

1. Timing matters. Even by their own numbers (Which I doubt to begin with) it isn't even peak numbers you showed, never mind the fact it is mid-week numbers.

2. S4DB is currently (To my knowledge) pulling data through hacking it. The numbers are not reliable just like how any information shared there isn't reliable either.

3. Why would they invest in hiring a dev team, much less take over the project if they don't see anything of value? Factually, S4's success has been blocked by the Dev team. Aeria wanted S4 on steam, but the devs said no. Aeria wanted to change the hackshield a few times, devs said no. Aeria wanted an event, devs were like event? for wha... oh, it is December... Umm... No. The Development team S4 had were not good enough causing delays and issues that were found inexcusable by the playerbase. Hopefully, with that block gone, the game will be better.

• Thanks a lot for the time dedicated to one player u felt threatened by, if only you spent that precious time on working on improvements for the game, starting with the horrible GUI itself, rather than writing pointless songs (;

• KARA this is epic

PAtu0BA.jpg
    " To Heal and Protect"

• Speaking of s4db, I wonder if we can finally get our own official db so we can use it as evidence to report hackers?

Thanks a lot for the time dedicated to one player u felt threatened by, if only you spent that precious time on working on improvements for the game, starting with the horrible GUI itself, rather than writing pointless songs (;

At least they are communicating.

• @Badix

1. Timing matters. Even by their own numbers (Which I doubt to begin with) it isn't even peak numbers you showed, never mind the fact it is mid-week numbers.

2. S4DB is currently (To my knowledge) pulling data through hacking it. The numbers are not reliable just like how any information shared there isn't reliable either.

3. Why would they invest in hiring a dev team, much less take over the project if they don't see anything of value? Factually, S4's success has been blocked by the Dev team. Aeria wanted S4 on steam, but the devs said no. Aeria wanted to change the hackshield a few times, devs said no. Aeria wanted an event, devs were like event? for wha... oh, it is December... Umm... No. The Development team S4 had were not good enough causing delays and issues that were found inexcusable by the playerbase. Hopefully, with that block gone, the game will be better.

1. I took it around 6pm and compared to the past these numbers were very low

2. Yeah so? It is still accurate enough, or are you trying to say that in reality there were 20 times as many people online

3. Dunno maybe they got it for almost nothing and just hired devs to milk it out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no high expecatiton due to the experience from the past which doesn't mean I want them to fail, or think they can't do anything. Actually I did love to see them taking a 180° turn with the game, but I just don't expect it to happen and can't blame anyone who thinks the same way.

-Cyleen

• Just lift the IP ban, and you will have 10k people playing the game in the first day of the lift.

10k people lagging like hell, sound like fun!

-Cyleen

• Thanks a lot for the time dedicated to one player u felt threatened by, if only you spent that precious time on working on improvements for the game, starting with the horrible GUI itself, rather than writing pointless songs (;

Why would we be threatened by players and negative opinions?
    Since I was a GM/CM, I've never tried to shut down negative comments. I wouldn't be asking for feedback and be around in forums/discord if I was threatened : )

It's not a pointless song by the way, it had actual points.

I do understand where you are coming from, because we've had a lot of issues and a lot of cases where player feedback wasn't taken into consideration as much as it could have (or it felt so.)
    It won't be easy, we don't have a magical wand to fix things.

Maybe the humor wasn't for you and also to clarify: It was definitely not mocking. I wouldn't do that. I may be humorous in my own way, may tease a bit (as in this case) but I will never mean to mock or negatively write to any of you. And if anyone thinks that way, please know that it's not the case. I joke around and tease my friends and colleagues as well, I'm simply being myself here. There are no bad intentions. Sincere and public apologies if that's how it came out.

I appreciate all the feedback topics and negative feedback as well. It helps if you are constructive, but it's fine if you aren't. Unless you are deliberately misinforming, insulting anyone etc, you are entitled to speak your mind. You are allowed to mock us too, I usually laugh at those as well (and take notes :P)

Another thing is: I spent... some minutes on the song to communicate some points humorously. I am also working on improvements, but I'm not the person to literally change the GUI :) I think you know that. But FYI, I did ask the developers about changing the GUI and it's on our list. Honestly, not at the top, but it's there. Not at the bottom either. Depends on difficulty.

Badix

Hiring developers and making long term plans isn't really "milking." It's actually the opposite of it. And the numbers are of course lower than, say, 2 years ago or so. But how much change did we have in these years? Not enough, we all know that. And that's the whole point: We want to change things. We don't want things to happen the same way.

Two quick points: You know how long it took us to remove repair. This would have happened instantly if we were developing. Another example is balance changes. The changes were, despite us providing feedback, were in the end done by KR developers, who are influenced largely by KR server. Now we're gonna ask you and check your data to decide.

As I keep saying: I can *guarantee* you nothing except that we will do our best. And that what I want to do is to make this game fun for the S4 League community, not for myself and not for the company management. For me this comes a bit personally as I was a CM in this game but even from a pragmatic perspective, that's what makes most sense.

• woR7BPY

You seriously comparing the one in Europe 1? and German server? Not very accurate.

Having play in both NA and Europe time zone.

Their much more people playing on Eastern European time zone then their was in Western North America time zone.

That said the game is pretty doing bad advertisting on Western NA. But in Eastern Europe is more popluated.

Also no one plays in the dead server. Everyone plays in Europe 1.

#FreeEveryone#UnIPBanCountries

• Already have a submission for the meme contest, so I'll just put it here:

2acmtu.jpg

Why does this community think that every single thing said against the game is hate and toxicity, people are just being real based on the REAL experiences from the past few years.

Edit: You need to look up the definition of hatred and toxicity in the urban dictionary, I hope it helps

• Why does this community think that every single thing said against the game is hate and toxicity, people are just being real based on the REAL experiences from the past few years.

Edit: You need to look up the definition of hatred and toxicity in the urban dictionary, I hope it helps

Reading all your post.

Most of them are blasting on someone.

Some just uncall for jokes and remarks.

Other are just both.

You say your a realist.

But your just a person spreading toxicity around in the air.

• I tried really hard to understand what you were trying to say but that English is just incomprehensible, sorry

• Another thing is: I spent... some minutes on the song to communicate some points humorously. I am also working on improvements, but I'm not the person to literally change the GUI :) I think you know that. But FYI, I did ask the developers about changing the GUI and it's on our list. Honestly, not at the top, but it's there. Not at the bottom either. Depends on difficulty.

Don't you guys have the major updates saved separately? And i don't know nowdays but i remember that the first GUI the game had in EU was still between the client files, along with the 2nd major GUI change too (the one that removed the ingame lobby)

• IMPORTANT RESPONSE TO PM !

I started to play S4 League in 2010, it was season 1.4 or 1.6 . This game used to have so many players, even before server capacities are reduced, almost all servers were full.

This game lost so many users because of few certain reasons.

In the beginning of Season 2 ProSiebenSat.1 took over S4 League and game turned into Wolfteam.

Client ruined, lobby room removed, CP Shop turned into fumbi shop, so many people reached "S4" level in one night and some "S2" and "S1" users' exertions are ruined.

After few seasons enchants system is brought and hackers invented tool hack thing and abused this system.

eSper F skills, Enchant buffs distrubs fariness of game. In addition graphics of S4 should be regenerated.

These are the big deficiencies of the game.

If you care about S4 and want to regain golden age of S4, you must fix these problems.

• Don't you guys have the major updates saved separately? And i don't know nowdays but i remember that the first GUI the game had in EU was still between the client files, along with the 2nd major GUI change too (the one that removed the ingame lobby)

That is probably just the textures. They will still have to adjust them to fit the current gui and there are things like teh sliding buttons that werent in the old one.

• Dude, are you 24/7 Siege farmer? All i can say with your reply.

I hate TD. And also i I only play TD because there are no rooms, only FM and Jump German.

1st not dude 2nd i never farmed

tho its true that only TD trolness and germans farming

The post was edited 2 times, last by Wlia ().

• Why does this community think that every single thing said against the game is hate and toxicity, people are just being real based on the REAL experiences from the past few years.

"Some vocal minorities only focus on negative aspects and exaggerate them without recognizing all the newly opened possibilities for quick and vast improvement" didn't make for a good meme.

• That is probably just the textures. They will still have to adjust them to fit the current gui and there are things like teh sliding buttons that werent in the old one.

Even the adjustments for such should be saved up somewhere tho, i just hope we really get a GUI change and a good one at last

• Even the adjustments for such should be saved up somewhere tho, i just hope we really get a GUI change and a good one at last

onestly id hope to see all old costumes remade with better texture res. (the day dream) as for GUI it dosnt really mather to me all that much donno why ppl are so much triggered about it

• You seriously comparing the one in Europe 1? and German server? Not very accurate.

No, I am comparing how many people are in them now compared to a few years ago.

Blank+_b56e01a37eea984ad0cb3ad4f4d33a17.jpg

I hope it helps.

You're obviously in the right position to post such a picture after deliverying this post:

Having play in both NA and Europe time zone.

Their much more people playing on Eastern European time zone then their was in Western North America time zone.

That said the game is pretty doing bad advertisting on Western NA. But in Eastern Europe is more popluated.

Also no one plays in the dead server. Everyone plays in Europe 1.

Hiring developers and making long term plans isn't really "milking." It's actually the opposite of it. And the numbers are of course lower than, say, 2 years ago or so. But how much change did we have in these years? Not enough, we all know that. And that's the whole point: We want to change things. We don't want things to happen the same way.

Oh come one, just look at the webmall. You can't tell me with a straight face; that you milking the game isn't something a random person asked would expect, after seeing the webmall and hearing that you will take over development of the game.

There beeing no changes wasn't the only problem in the past. Some were plain bad. I remember not touching the game for weeks after they introduced "Burning Buff", or friends quitting after the introduction of MK2 weapons.

Already have a submission for the meme contest, so I'll just put it here:

2acmtu.jpg

2adrmg.jpg

Tbh I don't understand why you're here with two accounts and post the same thing over and over again with one of them.

-Cyleen

The post was edited 1 time, last by Badix ().

• Even the adjustments for such should be saved up somewhere tho, i just hope we really get a GUI change and a good one at last

Possible but that woudl alos mean to rever any changes made after that point. Kara already have said it won't be easy to change completely.