Private servers.....

• Hi.

I dont know if i can post this, but i am going to do anyway.

i thing most of private servers are condemmed to death until all the official serves die, but recently i find this "private" server (I will not say the name because it would cause problems) and there are three or four maps fanmade, and i think they are amazing, i am surprise of how the fanbase manage to make maps, and more that we dont have new maps from long time ago and this community is basicaly death, but anyway only 5 or 10 persons play on this server.

sooo.......

¿what is your opinion about private/pirate servers of s4league?

¿do you think is a good idea implement a map creator for the community on the official server like a map creator for halo games?(i know is impossible because the game have a lot of problems, but who cares, this question works with imagination)

¿when the official game die, what are you going to do, play on a pirate server or say farewell to s4?

• this is probably not the best topic you chose on this forum :d

I agree x'D but in the end, as long as no other servers or people are mentioned, it's ok, maybe?

BTW, I personally never played a retro, so I don't know what are these maps but IF USERS CAN MAKE THEM, so can they c: I hope that one day we'll be able to see more content like maps and weapons, you know, real patches 'v' not just fp skins <3 it would be awesome x'D

PAtu0BA.jpg
    " To Heal and Protect"

• this is probably not the best topic you chose on this forum :d

No more places to post questions for the community (well maybe discord but who cares) and if i remember correctly a recent survey make questions related to this so... Alice8.

But anyway if the admins of the forum see this topic is not necessary they can delete it, no problem from me.

• Everyone plays st2 only anyway so it doesn't really matter that much.

Also while the game still exists, those servers are only killing the game.

They could have shared those maps with the devs and the community if they really wanted to help the game.

• I dont see a point why would you play on a private server if there is still official game running.

And no, I would not play on these servers even if s4 died Foxtailgirl

That is exactly my opinion, until official game stop private servers are nothing more than a waste of time, but is interesting see how many games are still a thing because his community, like halo 1, halo 2, quaket 3, (obviously this games have a lot more community) etc.

• That is exactly my opinion, until official game stop private servers are nothing more than a waste of time, but is interesting see how many games are still a thing because his community, like halo 1, halo 2, quaket 3, (obviously this games have a lot more community) etc.

There is no doubt the game will be played even after it is dead but those private servers should hold their horses before that happens.

• I don't care.

A map creator would be a freaking bad idea (everyone should know why)

Say farewell - Everything has an end only the sausage has two.

B3MO, I totaly disagree with you, the more tools a game gives for the players the more its longevity age will be, this is why there are games that are almost 20 years old but still have more comunity than recent games.

Just check steam as an example, theres a major variety of games that are active because of the workshop.

If s4 official closes someday, I think I might try to make an s4 game editor.

• Definetively this isn't something we should be talking about, but i'm not the only one, so im going to leave my humble opinion on this:

I've never touched the private servers of s4 league and never will. What would you gain doing it? They're only truly worth after the game is closed, just like what happened with RaiderZ and many, many more.

On the other part, i can't help but congratulate them to make it that far to create new maps. Yet, they perfectly can share it with the actual and original version of the game, instead of keep the maps for themselves.

A map creator sure helps, but it's too much work at the moment, but it can perfectly be applied as another tool if they work on it.

If you complain about lag, dude, it's a small game. Of course there will be lag. Moreover when people is forcing their ways inside the game. In private servers there is no lag because there aren't enough players to make it lag.

Conclusion is: Better not play private servers when you have the official open.

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• In my experience every private server usualy get all the hackers and idio.. that usualy end up banned on officials just to haras more ppl there also i dont think if official will die that ppl move to private i mean why would they ?

noone is gona buy all that they lost (gears weapons skins and that goes on...)

the server community will be made of of the same monocellbrain TD ST2 melle 24/7 users only

real S4 players will just leave becuase there will simply be nothing to play outside the mode the shown above

custome (fanmade) map ? if they are all based on ideas from the same monocellbrain TD ST2 melle 24/7 users? than no thanks waste of time...

i can see the stupid community ideas right now on private server

breaker spam speed 2x and will stun everytime,twinblade jump atack range 200%

counter sword will counter everything in game even bomb and F skills and will have its damage increased by 200% and its jump atack will hit 500% area in 360 degree

every unlimited user will be adress as noob

nope not worth at all.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Wlia ().

• B3MO, I totaly disagree with you, the more tools a game gives for the players the more its longevity age will be, this is why there are games that are almost 20 years old but still have more comunity than recent games.

Just check steam as an example, theres a major variety of games that are active because of the workshop.

If s4 official closes someday, I think I might try to make an s4 game editor.

Considering how retarded majority of the community is with all these restrictions, I really don't expect anything good to come from it even though more tools would help the game.

• I leave moderation to CM/GM but please no talk about private servers.

I'm mainly here to appreciate the pun.

Also, we'll have some news in May. You MAY like it.

Get it? Because it's in may and... okay nvm

• I guess everyone knows this already but I want to be clear: private servers are not allowed. Aeria Games owns the licence and are thus the only ones allowed to publish S4 League.

And ofc the same stuff that Kara mentioned about hacks in his PM letter also applies here: You don't know what you're downloading and you might put your computer and/or personal information at risk.

• Why play on a pirate server when you can play on pirate free servers.

(Pirate sever are bug servers use by people illegally ) (Pirate free servers are servers own by people who have the legal license to service S4)

Get it? Cause Karasakal is a pirate! Who doesn't own legal license. Better not play on his illegal servers...

• I guess everyone knows this already but I want to be clear: private servers are not allowed. Aeria Games owns the licence and are thus the only ones allowed to publish S4 League.

And ofc the same stuff that Kara mentioned about hacks in his PM letter also applies here: You don't know what you're downloading and you might put your computer and/or personal information at risk.

true that one of the p-servers contains a virus :P

idk about the rest

• Lets go through this quickly:

♦ Lag

More players equals more lag. People hacking the game also creates more lag. Both are due to stress on the servers. At best, a private server might have a more direct way to fix it, but in the end, that doesn't mean it is necessarily better.

♦ Player created content

Beyond just the forum contests, a map has also been designed with the help of the community (Station 3) and the devs made the map a reality. These players could pose suggestions and offer maps, weapons and designs to the original game if they wanted to. They might even be added, especially if all the leg work was already done for them.

♦ Legality

One thing I will never understand is why people will make alternatives for a game that already exists. Surely if they have so much raw will and commitment to a game, then they should have the capacity to create a new game instead. A game that follows their ideals.

As for players on these places, I don't really get the why. Why invest your time and (in some cases) money into something that could just as easily be gone tomorrow. Aeria, if they became the global publisher for S4, could go around killing every single private server for product rights infringement.

♦ Security

I have no reasonable understanding why someone would risk themselves going into a hacker den. They do not care about personal property rights, so why would they care about you? Sure, they could be hosting it out of passion, but does anyone really believe passion will never run out? Perhaps, just once, they grow tired of the bills associated with running a server to which they make no money from (And if they do, that is a legal risk in itself), maybe install a bitcoin miner hidden in an update into your system to help generate revenue for themselves. Aeria couldn't do that, they are a company, they get caught doing that, they would be sued. Even if you knew the owner of the illegal server, you couldn't sue them, you are playing on a known illegal site, there is no way you would get away with it in a court of law. Your computer, being destroyed due to the desperation to play elsewhere. A sad thing indeed.

• Indeed but I guess they do it just cuz they can. I also remember a story with a private server where the owner just ran away with the ppl's money after making a promotion. Also it is a matter of time before those p-servers will get greedy or just get closed down all the sudden not to mention they probably have no protection against hacks if they become popular enough.

Speaking for station 3, we actually got a map with that name even though it is different design.

• Private servers didn't kill s4. The stupid devs killed this game. With all the stupid changes they made to certain weapons (we all know don't need to mention) they have sabotaged the game themselves. A lot of people went to p serves for a more "classic" feel of s4 compared to this cesspool meta we have now.

Not everyone wants this easy mode meta, believe it or not as CRAZY as it seems some people would like to play s4 some what competetively but quite frankly nowadays its just to much BS. Even said pservers pull more viewers on twitch than the official game cause its just more interesting to watch.

In short pservers arent killing this game. Game itself is commiting suicide and players are happy to speed up the process.

• Private servers didn't kill s4. The stupid devs killed this game. With all the stupid changes they made to certain weapons (we all know don't need to mention) they have sabotaged the game themselves. A lot of people went to p serves for a more "classic" feel of s4 compared to this cesspool meta we have now.

Not everyone wants this easy mode meta, believe it or not as CRAZY as it seems some people would like to play s4 some what competetively but quite frankly nowadays its just to much BS. Even said pservers pull more viewers on twitch than the official game cause its just more interesting to watch.

In short pservers arent killing this game. Game itself is commiting suicide and players are happy to speed up the process.

Even though it is true that the dves have been doing some poor decisions the last years, the private servers doesn't do any good to the game either.

Not to mention is there anyone playing there anyway let alone getting stream views lol?

You do realize people on twitch playing a game on a private server can be perma-banned for what is essentially hacking right? Twitch doesn't allow illegal modifications of games, especially multiplayer games on their platform.

• Well it happens and no one banned yet so thats that.

As for hella just check twitch yourself. S4 channels are dead on there, that is plain as day. But when a pserv goes on stream it usually amass way more views than the people that stream the official game.

I myself dont play any p servers or intend to nor am I defending them. Im just stating things that I have observed. Been playing this game since 2010 or so can't remember. Just a bit fatigued with the recent bs we been getting

• As for hella just check twitch yourself. S4 channels are dead on there, that is plain as day. But when a pserv goes on stream it usually amass way more views than the people that stream the official game.

I checked, I have seen -RapGod (FreestyleFlame on twitch) play the official version on twitch a few months back with about 12 viewers when I checked on it. Based on that count, in the recent pre-recorded videos, a whole 3 videos out preform it, one also being on the official version. Not all that much if you ask me, especially given the fact the 3 under 12 are also all on the official version as well.

Also, given the top spots popularity, It seems like he already had some level of following or advertised a lot, since his first video has more than most people get after several months.

• I've never played on a private server. I've seen videos on YT, but it doesn't look that interesting. I hope s4 doesn't die, but if so then I won't be playing video games anymore lol.

I played on one server in the past, because was the unique one different to others, was using season 8 with the new UI, no beta UI, i was thinking how they could do that. Luckily, it didn't last so long. It caused me curiosity.

• Everyone plays st2 only anyway so it doesn't really matter that much.

Also while the game still exists, those servers are only killing the game.

They could have shared those maps with the devs and the community if they really wanted to help the game.

I'd love to offer my maps, but they would never take them. I'd love to make content for this game, but i don't think they would be okay with that.

Also, i don't blame the devs for not making more maps, from experience, when you show a new map and people keep playing Station 2 is just discouraging. They maybe play it for 1 day and move on.

I just make them because i love modding this game and stuff, but the people would never play them.

• Idk. Have you tried? (I mean, assuming the maps are original design and not taken from another game or something)

Yes, they design is original. The only thing is that i also use assets from the game, which you know, they do that too to keep the aesthetic consistent.

And no, why would they take something i did? I don't have any professional background, and they don't like freelancers. What options do i have, DM a GM and be like "Hey i made this map, want to put it in?" I don't think things are as easy as that.

• The pepole from banned countries is still trying to connect to the game and you now don't see hacks ? you don't win anything by banning them

groups on facebook contains 30 thousand members still playing the game and there is a lot of groups containing the same members maybe x2 of them. and they are active

doing private servers may help getting hacks out of the game , i don't see any thing you win of banning countries else than lag lol.

why don't areia make a private server without that pay to win system ????!!!!

i'm Egyptain but i live at another country so i'm allowed to play on the offical server but the game is still losing players and the private servers thing is still upgrading pepole now is creating season one game year later maybe they create season 6 game.

- You just getting lag on the europe 1 server cause of ban ip.

- More hacks.

Things you win if you un ban the banned countries (OR MAKE PRIAVTE SERVERS)

- More players

- Maybe less hacks

- More paying ? i think that what keep game online am i right ?

thanks for paying attention !.

• this dosnt make sence at all...

1st of all lag in ch EU 1 is mostly becuase there are ppl from many regions main issue is NA users being on EU getting lag cuase of ban IP what that even means..

groups of 30k S4 users ? loool you wish 5k meybe get real

doing private server will only kill the game faster you wanna break the community into more servers there is little to no rooms already (if you dont count german farming rooms or stupid ST2 TD 24/7 melle spam) and private or official those do not decide how many hackers there will be in my experience private server have more hackers in the long run.

aeria games run official service and THEY CANNOT run private server.

no mather what server for S4 you do it will never be without so called pay to win mechanic sure there is degree of truth in that but unless you own the server your self than id like to know how you gona keep it online deffinetly not for free.

• @bellarax (Because I refuse to try to highlight relevant parts)

Aeria, by contract with GameOn, has to block countries that they hold no license to host for. Aeria, as a whole, would probably prefer not to bother with net IP bannings when there are people willing to play this version. Even people who were being serviced in other versions liked this version more and would have preferred to play here instead. GameOn controls the Game as it's developers and by extension, it's licensing. Aeria is no more than an official host. If GameOn would allow it, Aeria would probably remove all IP banned countries within an hour of being given permission to, however, by contract with GameOn, they are forbidden from doing so.

If they were given the option to, Aeria would probably even buy the license for spots with a higher player base, factually, GameOn has chosen not to allow this. Their reasons for doing so is unknown to the player base as neither Aeria (previously P7S1/alaplaya) or GameOn (previously pentavision) has never given an official reason as to why that is. Heck, with the news of Pmang closing, I wouldn't doubt if Aeria hasn't at least considered putting a bid in to buy the game outright and start producing it in house (Though that is pure speculation on my part)

Now, with private servers, they are illegal hosts using a pirated copy of the game. They have no rights to the game at all, as such, they can freely make changes on the fly and are not required to ban country IP's from accessing them game, however, they can also be sued and shut down by GameOn due to infringing on their personal property. Even Aeria could potentially do this dependent on how much rights Aeria has over the hosting of the game. Private servers are in no way permissible without having a license to host the game from the people who own the game.

Also, I see a lot of people cry racism on social media. That is not the case, that is an assumed reason from people who never bothered to look at the official reason, people who were frequenting the forums at the time know this and people who have actually checked the site or even sent in a support ticket have been informed of the actual reason as well. For some people though, assuming the reason is better than seeking the actual truth.