regarding the removal of the block ip for the latin region,

since we are very anxious to know if we will or will not be

able to play on the US server, already which our server closed. ;(

Grateful

By: SujeiRa <3

• It would basically save s4 x'D more players = more money
    heuheuheuheuhe

-------

Seriously, are there plans for opening up the access for other countries and players? If so, more servers will be necessary? (Ping issues etc.)

That's obvious, but people will start complain about lag, racism, as always, nothing new X/

• That's obvious, but people will start complain about lag, racism, as always, nothing new X/

Racism? Seriously? Having cultural differences is positive ^^ never negative! It would be so nice to have many different players from different countries
    Lag would be the problem :( That's why I was asking if they would need to host new servers for a certain geographic area (like hosting a server in germany for european players)
    It would benefit the game a lot 'v' but I think they never said "No" to this.
    It should be one of their priorities :c

• Indeed having different players on the game would be nice, but i doubt people are willing to have a stack of 250~300ms in the enemy team

sincerely I think ping would be the least of the problems, because I believe that the same that harms you also harms us, and formerly when the server was released for the Latins we played on the Portuguese server among ourselves, nobody ever went to the region for example Germany because he does not want to disturb the game of others or even want to play with lag.

so if they remove the block ip we would only play with the person from here unless they have a championship and have to face teams from different regions, then influence.

• It would basically save s4 x'D more players = more money
    heuheuheuheuhe

-------

Seriously, are there plans for opening up the access for other countries and players? If so, more servers will be necessary? (Ping issues etc.)

so ping is not an excuse to not accept us on the server because I played on the PT server and my ping at the maximum reached 100ms even though it was from Brazil.

I sincerely do not care about anything, I would not care if they did not make a server of our region, the only thing we want is to be able to play even if we do not have to translate, do not need to create a new server, or hire GM GS or any other person from the administration exclusively for Latinos, only the removal of the block ip for us would be a great and excellent advance.

• Racism? Seriously? Having cultural differences is positive ^^ never negative! It would be so nice to have many different players from different countries
    Lag would be the problem :( That's why I was asking if they would need to host new servers for a certain geographic area (like hosting a server in germany for european players)
    It would benefit the game a lot 'v' but I think they never said "No" to this.
    It should be one of their priorities :c

Yes, like you hear, when S4 showed the country where you lived there was a lot of racism. Well, as long as you do not say where you are from, there's no problem.

That's what S4 needs, more physical servers around the world to balance the lag.

• yes but that would mean spending more resources on servers which the game isnt getting enough of since the player base is getting smaller over time if the player base can be as big as the old times then for sure they will add in servers in particular regions to improve the ping since it will benefit both sides but for now its most likely that they will not since its just going to be a 1 sided contribution

• yes but that would mean spending more resources on servers which the game isnt getting enough of since the player base is getting smaller over time if the player base can be as big as the old times then for sure they will add in servers in particular regions to improve the ping since it will benefit both sides but for now its most likely that they will not since its just going to be a 1 sided contribution

Playerbase is small because only can play Europe and NA, so... that's why the server needs an expansion to other countries, because the unban ip wont fix the lag problems by distance to the main server.

• I agree with Newt, the problem of the game having a small base player is that many other regions can not play because of the fact that the block ip, removing the block ip increases the player base, increases profits soon with time increases other servers, It encourages investors and so on ...

• yes but its not a guaranteed investment since they had done it in the past and the players left the game thats why they'd decided to make the server only in german to decrease the cost since its not making enough for them to invest in

• The german one was as well and it is empty now. There is really no point splitting the community unless there are at leats 2 channels full.

Yeah i agree with that. I could understand if they Split server like

-EU

-NA

-CH

-KR

with a physical server for each country. Also i know that's a lot of money, but devs could do a progressive unban ip and seeing how is going.

All games with servers that I know are usually divided by continents. Europe, America, Asia...

• NA used to have players.. that's where I started from.. but after it was down for over a month ages ago we just mixed in with the EU players.

NA was the first server to die.

Idk why this game never catched on in America. I guess ppl were disapointed that alaplaya got the license instead of them having their own version but either way that version would have been dead by now anyway.

• NA was the first server to die.

Idk why this game never catched on in America. I guess ppl were disapointed that alaplaya got the license instead of them having their own version but either way that version would have been dead by now anyway.

As a North American (Canadian) I can say there was really no advertising. I saw a whole total of 2 ads for the game during it's entire lifespan. One on an anime site and another on a dying flash game site. I'd say that is much more a reason it never caught on beyond anything else. Never mind the factors of the NA server being garbage when they switched from language and next to no one ever really hearing of alaplaya to begin with (I couldn't name a single other game they hosted without looking)

• As a North American (Canadian) I can say there was really no advertising. I saw a whole total of 2 ads for the game during it's entire lifespan. One on an anime site and another on a dying flash game site. I'd say that is much more a reason it never caught on beyond anything else. Never mind the factors of the NA server being garbage when they switched from language and next to no one ever really hearing of alaplaya to begin with (I couldn't name a single other game they hosted without looking)

There was lot of TV ads in germany.

• There was lot of TV ads in germany.

Not surprising considerin the company that bought alaplaya and now owns aeria is a German TV company.

Considering there are a lot of german players, I woudl say it actually worked for them.

Also I never saw a S4 ad in my life. All of the ones that I know were shown to me by other ppl. Some of the early ads were pretty bad too.

I still remember a very ugly ad for BR mode where you coudn't even tell it is s4 and another ad showing gameplay but with ppl having lag symbol over their heads.

• On topic, as long as they can adress the lag issues i wouldn't mind that much

I don't think anything can be done about that. Techically aeria is hosting the game for EU and NA. Just because they let others to play as well thatd doesn't mean they will have to offer any extra support for those regions.

Egypt for example wasn't even a supported country but since there was no IP ban back in the days, nothing stopped ppl from there to play the game.

My point is, the ip banned countries shouldn't expect anything more than just having the ban lifted. Everything else comes as a bonus if there is such.