How would you improve S4L?

• Make new game, reuse assets if need be. At this point, fixing would probably take longer than recreation, Importing the assets and slowly replace assets with updated versions to fix issues. I have suggestions to make the new game better, but I don't think this is really the place to dump that file into...

Some selections that could currently be currently added are:

♦ Equipment Fusing: Fusing 2 identical weapons/costumes together to increase damage/defense potential up to the max and combine enchants. This would help narrow the power gap between AP and pen by allowing normal pen users a better option than desperately trying to enchant to max level.

♦ Esper chips (Static and enchant-able)

- Static: Like the old esper chips, they are there, and add a small boost. Available through caps (Any cap) that give that weapon/costume as a reward.

If possible, adding special cosmetic effects to them would also be cool. Such as having an aura being placed around the user if a matching set is used as a costume, or changing the shot/effect design on weapons.

- Enchant-able: Same as current, but would be nice to have F-skills balanced a little, for instance, make the red one only be able to insta-kill one person for instance... Or add a countdown timer so it isn't used instantly at the start of a match.

♦ Rarity Rating

Each item should have a small notation in how they got it. I suggest the following system:

- Bronze (Brown): Items that are outright bought

- Silver (Grey): Items won through Fumbi or capsules (Items won through chance)

- Gold (Yellow): Items gained through and event or in a tournament

- Diamond (White): Items gained as a measurement of skill (Such as grand prize winners of tournaments)

Also, I think having the following rankings may be helpful:

- Sapphire (Blue): Items given to staff members for either rewards of display

- Ruby (Red): Items which a person is wearing but does not have in their inventory (To assist in reporting either a hacker or bug)

- Emerald (Green): Timed items given out or bought.

♦ Skill cards:

- Trade-able for specific skills instead of random skill capsule.
    - Allowing players to sell skill cards back to the system, for instance:

• 10 pen for common

• 25 pen for uncommon

• 50 pen for rare

♦ Item crafting

- Make it so that mass uncrafting items pays the equivalent of what has been dismantled. (For example, if a 10 day dismantle gives you one level 1 gear, then a 30 day dismantle should give three level 1 gears.

- Allow dismantling higher gear to lower gears. Even if it is at a loss in comparison to making higher gears, it would still be very helpful.

♦ Leveling: Converting to having a 2 level system

- Traditional: Made though experience, rewards given every 5 levels, leveling breaks after level 80. After a person reaches level 100, They may continue receiving rewards after gaining a reasonable amount of experience.

- Competitive: Made though algorithms. For instance, it measures your individual performance in a group while measuring various factors such as damage dealt, score, kills and factors of that nature. Leader boards should be set up for this, since it is a competition based leveling system.

♦ Servers

Servers themselves will be more or less the same with one minor difference. There will be lobby for each type of leveling system and what can be done in each server may differ.

- The Casual Server (For traditional leveling, focus on fun gameplay)

• Lobby types available:

1. Traditional lobby; where you can see various room names and may enter one if you wish.

2. Quick match; Where you select basic filters and are added to a room at random that meets those requirements.

3. Private rooms; Where you input the name of a room and password to join. In private rooms, you may set specific filters and apply weapon and stat limits. Due to the nature of these rooms, they will be blocked from both leveling and events.

• The Expert Server (For Competitive leveling, focus on competitive gameplay)

- Lobby types available:

1. Quick match: Where you apply for what weapon limit and mode you would like and you will be auto joined to a lobby. Stage will be random.

2. Clan Challenge: Where one clan challenges another for clan points. A maximum of one clan point per clash per day may be paid out. After that, if rematches/grudge matches are to occur, they won't be counted towards anything. The challenging clan has the right to choose weapon limit and mode, stage and other factors will be random.

- Also, there should only be 1 server open for each set limitation (such as Beginner, Pro, Unlimited, Expert, etc...) and each should have one or two additional server available to be activated if one server exceeds over 90% capacity.

♦ Clan system

- Apply a custom clan mark system, similar to the old system.

- For truly unique clan marks, charge AP to upload one via the site, and have it subject to approval (Purely to filter for inappropriate content or mimics) AP fee it to have it go for approval, not the mark itself.

- Allow the top 5 clans to bypass the AP charge to get a mark.

- Add special borders for event and tournament winners.

- Kick function (To be modified to suit everyone)

• To kick for AFK, it should be able to basically give the person a prompt to move. If they fail to move in 30 seconds, they would be kicked. In competitive, the additional requirement of them actually doing something to assist their team must also be completed within 1 minute of the prompt.

• To kick for hacking, the anti-cheat will be activated and will scan that players output values, if they are over the maximum allowance, they will be kicked.

• To kick for Lag, the server will gather information on peoples pings. Those that have more than 70% of the room with a red ping may be purged.

• Kicking for bug abuse will rely on the room, however, proof must be sent of the abuse within 30 days of the bug, if no proof is sent, it will be assumed it was false and the person who started the kick may face restriction of this system for repeat offenses.

♦ A system in place to auto kick excessive laggers (Ones that are over 500ms to 50% or more of the room). Note: at this level, there really is no excuse.

♦ A system to auto kick players who haven't had any input in 5 minutes. (Again, high amount of time, there isn't an excuse for).

♦ It would also be nice to have a built in recording system added, especially for goals and kills to provide easy access proof for players to report cheaters.
    - Also, being able to report through either the S4 Client or while in game would be helpful. Abusers (Or people flooding it with obviously false reports) of this feature could easily be punished or have their reporting privileges suspended. It could also be level locked to stop mass alts to clog the system if needed.

♦ Events

-Events should absolutly be done for every major holiday (New years, valentines day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Summer, Halloween, Christmas/Hanukkah, etc...)- Forum and or special loot should be given for minor Holidays (Chinese new year, Oktoberfest, devils night, Thanksgiving, etc...) If it is known well enough, it is a good reason to celebrate :3!

♦ UI Modification

The UI should be changed to offer choice to allow people to customize their S4 experience.

- A dark UI done in simular fashion to the current interface.

- A light UI done in simular fashion to the classic S4 interface.

Each UI should have subsections to allow basic color choices, limited colors would work to save on space and difficulty (For instance, Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, grey and black).

♦ Seasons

- Make it so a season can last at most 2 years.

- When a season is added, a new scenario for that season is to be added to expand the official story, no exceptions.

Edit:

♦ Friends list: Remove the limit D:

• There is a lot to be fixed in this game honestly, in-game balance, visual inconsistency, lack of story or lore per say (storywriting I guess, although it is a shooting game not an MMO or anything like that but I'd like to see some backstory for the game since with the addition of the seasons thing, it got me VERY confused), better comunication with player and developer or at least the people behind the balancing of weapons and such (would be cool to have something like a testing server like the PBE server on LoL).

That's all of I can think of now, but talking about the current state of the game, I'll be satisfied if we could correctly sort rooms and stop the rooms moving everytime it is updated (ex: I want to join an unlimited chaser room but suddenly the rooms are updated and instead of clicking the correct room I'm transported into a TD swords only jump room in Station-2) and I say correctly sort rooms because if I put unlimited all I see is Swords only, if I am to put Unlimited rules I would like to be offered and shown only Unlimited rooms, thank you.

• if I am to put Unlimited rules I would like to be offered and shown only Unlimited rooms, thank you.

tenor.gif

I'm really liking all the answers and tips and dedication and thoughts GJ GUYS 'V' <3
    I think that, even if they'll never change the game like the users want (not flaming, just saying that a game can't run according to every single will of every single player, of course xD) it's still very useful information and feeback about the current state of the game! ^^ We users can help in our little u.u

PAtu0BA.jpg
    " To Heal and Protect"

• S4 is a broken mess right now, but talking about that is no fun. Instead, am gonna talk balance a little bit.

As a guy who plays unlimited, the CS / nerf / break / scythe / smash nerf update was a big hit to the diversity of weapons seeing play in unlimited. The swords that were nerfed were too strong in OS for sure, but only they could challenge the Revolver's DPS and versatility in unlimited. And the smash nerf further disincentivized people to play builds like hand gun + smash + sword since the best rifle for the job got nerfed and thus the versatility of those builds went down a lot.

But the meta after that wasn't the worst albeit way too reliant on revolvers and hyper aggressive rush strategies with plasma sword and often the dolphin anchor. It wasn't the worst, until some ludicrous balance changes were passed. I'm talking about the lightning bomber (also MKII I think?), the boots and the rail gun, which are all extremely uninteractive and became absolutely OP after getting buffed (I don't think I have to explain why I think they are unhealthy for the game).

On top of that, the Godmode Shield got added, a powerful (and extremely uninteractive) tool in the arsenal of Rail gun users and an incentive to use bombs to damage through it or boots to slip past defenders, further increasing the power level of those weapons in comparison to the rest.

If I could change one thing about the game, it would be to go back to before the CS / etc. nerfs, buff the weapons/skills that deserve to be viable and rework those that do not.

• And the smash nerf further disincentivized people to play builds like hand gun + smash + sword since the best rifle for the job got nerfed

How is that a bad thing? If anything it makes the meta more diverse.

I agree on the lightning bombers though. They can do way too much damage even if you are slightly in its radius and on top of that they made them slows you down too. The rail is pretty much the same thing. It does too much things (damage, push, slow, piercing). Once you get slowed down, you can get killed pretty easily especially with the reduced charge time.

• it will most likely become a worse game with even more bugs because that's what game is made from,full of bugs to start with.so idk why you're even talking abt scraping s4 if you dont know the details of making/coding games

• it will most likely become a worse game with even more bugs because that's what game is made from,full of bugs to start with.so idk why you're even talking abt scraping s4 if you dont know the details of making/coding games

Even if they fix all the exploits I still have the feeling it will meet the same fate that happened to GunZ2

• How is that a bad thing? If anything it makes the meta more diverse.

Because the smash was the only rifle that when played alone could consistently compete with people playing more guns than you in terms of fire power, since it had so much ammo. Builds like HG + smash + sword were where a lot of the diversity came from in terms of sword usage, and the smash nerf hit them harder than it hit builds like HG + smash + rev, that don't need to reload mid-fight as much.

That's why I think smash being that strong was a good thing for the game's diversity. Like, because of that my Sigma Blade build got worse after a nerf that also nerfed CS, its strongest counter.

Beside, it doesn't really change much to people's gameplay experience whether they are getting hit by a smash, an assault rifle or subs, they're all rifles that work approximately the same way: you aim at people and hold left click, so I don't think it's the kind of diversity that should be pursued.

• Because the smash was the only rifle that when played alone could consistently compete with people playing more guns than you in terms of fire power, since it had so much ammo. Builds like HG + smash + sword were where a lot of the diversity came from in terms of sword usage, and the smash nerf hit them harder than it hit builds like HG + smash + rev, that don't need to reload mid-fight as much.

That's why I think smash being that strong was a good thing for the game's diversity. Like, because of that my Sigma Blade build got worse after a nerf that also nerfed CS, its strongest counter.

Beside, it doesn't really change much to people's gameplay experience whether they are getting hit by a smash, an assault rifle or subs, they're all rifles that work approximately the same way: you aim at people and hold left click, so I don't think it's the kind of diversity that should be pursued.

But smash made all other rifles obsolite and everyoen were using only that. Now is more between smg and assual with asualt being a bit more ahead.

• It's not like the Smash is bad after the nerf. It's still more useful in most situations than other rifles because of its diversity. The long range dmg nerf was actually a good thing considering the Smash was supposed to be a mid-range weapon like Subs. With it you can go into ST-2 without a Melee weapon still. 10 less ammo doesn't really hurt it that bad. To be honest I think it's fine as it is. Not to mention you can cancel its melee attack animation completely by activating skills like Shield. In the right hands it can still be very dangerous.

• Step 1: Make new game

Step 2: Continue its story, introduce features that don't kill the mechanics of the game.

Step 3: Post it to steam green light, hoping it will get past it.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit?

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• xxXSatanic_AbyssXxx

At this rate the majority of events will be play in XXX mode and GS Hunt with the illusion of it being seasonal. :smirk:

Not sure on the rest but I'll only comment for the events.

I did try to do this when I GS'd but it's kinda hard thinking of different events to do and not repeat them. Looks like the work was for nothing o3o

.Holy.Claymore S4 has a story?!

I want something stronger than a moment, love.

• I really like step 5.

To be serious, I really like many of the ideas you have collected here and would like to see them in the game.

Some of them would really give a new and fresh look to the game.

• But smash made all other rifles obsolite and everyoen were using only that. Now is more between smg and assual with asualt being a bit more ahead.

I'd rather see people play sigma blades, bats, scythes, CS, etc... in their rush builds than see more variety of things that continuously damage you at mid-range and have approximately the same magazine size. Beside, it's not like subs weren't used before the smash nerfs, they still had more close range damage output, and assault rifle had its own use in being a more bursty smash rifle (its damage got nerfed too FYI). I had SMG and assault rifle builds and I didn't feel like I was put at a disadvantage compared to smash users.

It's not like the Smash is bad after the nerf. It's still more useful in most situations than other rifles because of its diversity. The long range dmg nerf was actually a good thing considering the Smash was supposed to be a mid-range weapon like Subs. With it you can go into ST-2 without a Melee weapon still. 10 less ammo doesn't really hurt it that bad. To be honest I think it's fine as it is. Not to mention you can cancel its melee attack animation completely by activating skills like Shield. In the right hands it can still be very dangerous.

You missed the point. Yes, Smash is still good. Better than assault rifle in my opinion but whatever. I'm saying smash as your only gun got nerfed a lot. Like, here's a scenario. Sta-2, ramp, one player is using HG / smash / melee, the other is using HG / smash / revolver, and solid chips cuz now they're a thing. There's no way the guy with only smash can kill the other guy in one magazine if the other guy has half a brain and noticed him. It's around 15 hits to kill (assuming you get some crits), aka around 40% accuracy required. So now the guy with only smash has to reload and get hit in the face by a revolver or run at the other guy with his melee weapon and get hit in the face by a revolver (I'm oversimplifying for the sake of argument but whatever).

Smash is still good, but now smash is way better with supporting guns. Smash is no longer enough.

• I really like step 5.

To be serious, I really like many of the ideas you have collected here and would like to see them in the game.

Some of them would really give a new and fresh look to the game.

onestly the game could use allot of old stuff for refreshment like making ALL old costume sets use same texture file (bigger size) like the few new costumes(im sure allot of ppl would love to see secret agent girl or master set in full HD (or least in bigger res))

same for some weapons,faces some maps as well.

S4 has a story?!

it has and actualy really epic one sadly parts of the story got cut out from game (scenario cutscenes) as for the ending whene you defeat the virus the story had 2nd part but it was scrapped and never picked up again.

• That is true. Also I didn't find the s4 story even on the official s4 league webpage, which is really disappointing. I read the stories in this page but I am not sure if this is real or not since the page is not official nor created by the s4 team.

I think the story is noted in game too.

I want something stronger than a moment, love.

• If Aeria would pass a rule that we could play on only one account per person, that'd be good too. To be honest I liked how in KS4 you had to use your Social Security Number in account creation. If we had that here, i'm sure the creation of those hack using alts would disappear. Though I know this would mean we would have to select one account to play with as I know a great deal of us have alts, but to be honest we don't need alts. We're playing the same game in the end, and this kind of switch would make people think twice before cheating in any way, because they'd only have one shot. If they screwed it up, that'd be their final mistake.

• If Aeria would pass a rule that we could play on only one account per person, that'd be good too. To be honest I liked how in KS4 you had to use your Social Security Number in account creation. If we had that here, i'm sure the creation of those hack using alts would disappear. Though I know this would mean we would have to select one account to play with as I know a great deal of us have alts, but to be honest we don't need alts. We're playing the same game in the end, and this kind of switch would make people think twice before cheating in any way, because they'd only have one shot. If they screwed it up, that'd be their final mistake.

The thing is, that would be invconvinient for new players not to mention anything more than a phone number would be too much and ppl can still get around it.

• Uh hate me but, I didn’t see this until now and the guy in my sig back then was from a bara artist “Mentaiko” and I don’t really know if the charcter has a name, sorry alice

Fairly certain it would be illegal for them to ask for a persons SIN to begin with. I am certain it would defiantly be illegal where I live.

The thing is, that would be invconvinient for new players not to mention anything more than a phone number would be too much and ppl can still get around it.

I don't trust anything personal with aeria. It is not a company that has earned my trust to the extent of securing personal info with. I simply don't have any faith in it's security to want to provide any personal information to them. Even if they were hacked, I doubt they would even try to find the people behind it in order to stop the information from spreading.

• adding a simple 2nd password for verification with 4 numbers should be enough to not get your account ""stolen"" or making the launcher ask for a code that gets sent to your email once it detects a new computer/ip. Most of modern launchers have those nowdays so i kinda keep wondering why we don't have one with Aeria