How to change S4

• First of all this thread is about changes I would make in S4 League and I'm ignoring lag, connection and bug issues. Second ( Heiliger ) if there are some suspicious links these are just png files that probably just dont show up (https://imgur.com/a/Yl8k96V). So if you can't see the Images please let me know. This forum is kinda hard to figure out and I'm trying to fix it as soon as I come to (example: when I'm logged in I see the Images but if I'm not I can't see them). And I forgot the third point so lets start with

USER INTERFACE

This is probably the most important point because this is actually the first Impression about the game. S4 League is a futuristic anime TPS "e-Sport" game. I am not sure if aeriagames/gamigo actually know how important a good looking UI (or GUI) based on the game is. The current UI isn't representing the game in my opinion. It's... well... I don't think it got many positive feedback. I don't see the futuristic part in the UI at all.

And to give a really simple example: Would you buy for yourself a Shirt that doesn't fit your taste? You wouldn't.

So why should new players stick with a game that 1. can't represent for what it stands for and 2. doesn't leave a good first impression.

That would be the first thing that I would work on.

MODES

There are many different modes in S4 League and yeah some don't really get played. So why are these modes still in the game? No one really touches Warfare or Arena. Warfare is just usefull because of the mission. That is the only purpose it has. Arena has no purpose at all. And no. When no one plays a certain mode it loses ist purpose. It is like having a washing machine but never washing my clothes with it. Wouldn't make sence to have the washing machine.

MAPS

No I'm not gonna talk about excisting maps that are not in the game or new maps. It is also not about changing maps. It is more like how the maps are getting handled. This means on that and that day you can choose between that and that map (Random excluded).

As example:

Monday:

TD: Station-3 and Tunnel are chooseable and the other maps are not.

DM: Neden 2 and Circle are chooseable and the other maps are not.

Tuesday:

TD: Station-2 and Old School are chooseable and the other maps are not.

DM: Bio Lab and Square are chooseable and the other maps are not.

and so on...

If the maps are getting handled like this every map is getting played and yeah I know for the most of you this is something you probably wouldn't agree on. But having more variety in the game is for me something positive.

STATS

Most of you already know that I'm completely for the PEN stats limit. So AP/FP items, enchants, Esper Chips and Unique Skills should get kicked out. Also weapons that are clearly broken are getting removed until they got fixed. Not to hype up the competition part of the game, but to make the gameplay at all slower, more teambased and of course more beginner friendly. Having a unfair stats model and a very fast gameplay isn't really helping to get new players. It actually makes the game totally frustrating and I wouldn't touch the game a 2nd time if I would be in this position.

ADDITIONS

Titles

Yeah this would be something like a Clanmark and can be optained exactly like the permanent parts in missions. So you obtain a little logo beside the clanmark and choose whatever logo you want if you achieved more titles like "lose 1000 games" you get "insert Name here" title. Could also be a way for a additional level system if you already reached lvl80. So you still "lvl up" but you just gain a title and the higher you get the title changes (but not changeable ofc). On the other hand pretty senceless because with more levels the rank logo would change anyway.

Thingy behind Name in Lobby

I don't know how it is called. The thing you obtain with these "cards" when you get all parts of a set + weapon (hopefully everyone knows what I'm talking about xD). This is nothing new but I would get rid of the "cards" at all and make these otherwise obtainable (and ofc no additional stats in game). I would make different ones for different event days like Halloween, Christmas, etc. and you get those when you fullfill some event task.

Well and that's it. I haven't taken everything in the game in consideration I know, but for like Tutorial I would have to make a own thread I guess.

Sorry for my english.

• I mostly agree with you but I don't think this is even enough to "make S4 great again". However, that would surely be nice.

I disagree with your map rotation. That can be a good idea if S4 were a game with millions of player but nowaday, it will only kill the game. People are just gonna stop playing at all when they can't play what they wanna play right now.

• USER INTERFACE

I guess you mean the GUI and the menus. The UI during a match is pretty good and no one is really complaining about it.

MODES

So what are you suggesting? If they try to improve some of the modes that may give it some visibility even if for a short time.

MAPS

Agree but some people may just stop playing at all when they see there is no good map to play.

A queue system with random maps is the way to go imo with some better rewards but probably won't happening anytime soon.

STATS

Agree. The best way probably will be just to integrate an option to the room settings. if it is going to be used or not is going to be decided by the community without forcing the p2w.

ADDITIONS

yeah, they can do a lot more with these. Also the latest nametag backgrounds have been all the same.

• I mostly agree with you but I don't think this is even enough to "make S4 great again". However, that would surely be nice.

I disagree with your map rotation. That can be a good idea if S4 were a game with millions of player but nowaday, it will only kill the game. People are just gonna stop playing at all when they can't play what they wanna play right now.

Well it won't make S4 great again. There are too many factors that I didn't mentioned and I also did not consider in this thread. This is just a list what I would do with the game at some point (not now), and not aeriagames/gamigo. These changes honestly are never going to happen.

Yes. You are completely right on that. And that also includes the Stats point up there.

USER INTERFACE

True. Sorry about the misunderstanding on my side.

MODES

Here again sorry. I didn't wrote that down clearly. I would just remove the modes. No reason to keep them for me.

MAPS

Yeah but what is the definition of a "good map"?

Well a queue system with random maps would do kinda the same thing when it comes to playing those maps. If players don't land on the so called "good map" they just gonna leave the match. But a penalty would maybe help in this case like you can't join the queue for 30mins. Something like that maybe?

STATS

Of course it would be. This is what we pointed out more than once. We completely agree on that.

ADDITIONS

I don't know. I honestly didn't really put my attention on it because the game freezes for me when I open this section and I probably have to restart the game.

I don't think map rotation will help people probably won't play those days

Yeah like already mentioned above. Just a little addition here. This 1 sidedness ingame is also helping very well to not play this game nowadays (not to mention that many people cant even play the game and the next patch for that probably gonna take some weeks...).

• I would just remove the modes. No reason to keep them for me.

But they don't hurts anyone by existing, right? People are even asking for old moon and rusty garden even if they aren't going to be played.

I guess absence still creates some demand but there is no guarantee anything will change when those gets added back.

If players don't land on the so called "good map" they just gonna leave the match. But a penalty would maybe help in this case like you can't join the queue for 30mins. Something like that maybe?

Valid point and i think the same but instead of punishing there may be rewards for continuous play.

• But they don't hurts anyone by existing, right? People are even asking for old moon and rusty garden even if they aren't going to be played.

I guess absence still creates some demand but there is no guarantee anything will change when those gets added back.

I guess they don't hurt anyone. I'm not 100% sure tho.

I wouldn't add them back.

Valid point and i think the same but instead of punishing there may be rewards for continuous play.

Well I thought about it and I don't come to a good conclusion with every scenario I think that would be possible. That does mean the penalty I suggested wouldn't work either. Therefore both suggestions would only work if some conditions arround are met.