Patch Notes 05.06.2019

• Banner1_05JUNE.png

Hello Leaguers,

And again the time has come for a new patch and today the patch is a little bit bigger than usual. We've been working on this for weeks now and have learned from previous failures to enhance our methods and bring you a higher quality with our patches. Our NetSphere will get a lot of bug fixes, some new minor bugs have appeared, but won't bother you a lot. Oh, and the Railgun got tweaked a bit.
    So let's have a look at the changes and what will be new with this patch :)

Weapons

• Railgun - FOV and Delay changes
      • View Angle: 15 20
      • Delay Time: 1 1.5

Bugfixes

Weapons

• Rail Gun - Critical (head) damage is the same as the body damage - fixed

Game

• Starting a match with no weapons and skill - fixed
    • Wrong map textures when joining match in progress - fixed
    • Players joining mid game have no stats and are not affected by stats - partially fixed
    • Locked main menu after room master changes match settings - fixed
    • Not possible to pick the ball if the rooms master leaves - fixed

Known Issues

Costumes

• X-mas Ophelia Gloves - wrong texture

Game

• Misplaced/not visible crowns in Captain mode
    • Character slot bug when leaving a room after changing a character
    • RailGun crits are sill not working in Scenario mode
  • Amm I can't create or join rooms 95% of the time... I'm annoyed can't you patch up the game without creating new bugs ... I prefer to not play for a day or two rather than deal with terrible servers and bugs just sit down and fix the game it has been so long since the devs have done exactly that... I remember a patch log or was it a maintenance where the game was off for 5-6 days but the bugs got fixed ....

1. Fix the vote kick system

2. Fix the unstable servers

3. Make interesting events and tournaments (this game is much older than fortnite there is no need for dancing contests / best set / best group photo or whatever your so called events are...)

3 simple things ... That's all you need to fix the game

I'm sad to see my favourite childhood game die like that and you the people who run S4 League must sit down and work it out ... There are many private servers with more players than the original ... You are watching the game many love die and the only thing u care about is them MTX ... putting ugly reskins of already existing sets nobody asked for on the market for people to keep spending their money getting enchants, weapons, sets they don't need ...

MAKE S4 LEAGUE AT LEAST PLAYABLE AGAIN...

PS: [CM]glitch.exe Being AFK ING isn't helping either... I can confirm that many others can't enter nor create rooms as well ...

• Vote kick isnt broken.

• I wouldn't have known ... Still cant enter a game, last time i checked it was ^^

+ I know its not broken its just disabled , can you give me a good reason for that?

Actually isnt needed. People only used the kick for abuse. And the hackers are gone. Also the afk's are getting their respective bans so, it's not needed right now.

• havent tried it yet but this patch looks sexy. I am glad you guys finally fixed that fumbi bug, it was game breaking and should of been hot fixed asap but hey I,m not avid on this game so I'm not complaining.

As for creating new bugs during a patch, that happens in A LOT of games. Once they arent as bad as that fumbi bug the playerbase wouldnt mind that much lol.

• Actually isnt needed. People only used the kick for abuse. And the hackers are gone. Also the afk's are getting their respective bans so, it's not needed right now.

What about toxic behavior not respecting game rules ping over 1k ?

Respective bans might take weeks and its only if u go trough the trouble of reporting the certain player + you need proof of that and a prt sc isnt a valid one :D

• Thank god that ball bug got fixed.

Also the game is much better without the vk. The game is already running on the trust of the community anyway. People sit when the teams aren't even and also respect the room rules even if nothing stops them from ruining them.

• Okay now I can't join a room without crashing (tried 5 times). It's the crash where you try to join a room and nothing happens, until you try again / try to change servers / close your inventory and then the game freezes indefinitely. I tried 5 times, no luck, even while first logging onto an empty server.

• What about toxic behavior not respecting game rules ping over 1k ?

Respective bans might take weeks and its only if u go trough the trouble of reporting the certain player + you need proof of that and a prt sc isnt a valid one :D

Sadly even if you send proof, they reply etc. They wont get ban at all, had multiple cases where I personally reported teaming in chaser and ppl like u said. Right after I got the reply, I saw the suspects online. I take that as the don't care at all ab those but they put it in game rules to be there.

I feel like we are in a dumb movie.(sadly)

Ontop of that, just logged on the game and wanted to play with a friend/ clan mate and guess what. When i attempted to enter the room i was still in lobby, above my char it said i was in the room and everything froze. thanks for the patch glitch.exe

• I am not sure how vote kick will fix teamming in Chaser though. It is more likely they to get you kicked instead lol.

• The texture bug is not a new one. It has always been in the game. It depends on how fast your PC can load the textures. The last patch just made it occurs more often but it didn't really created it.

• The texture bug is not a new one. It has always been in the game. It depends on how fast your PC can load the textures. The last patch just made it occurs more often but it didn't really created it.

Ye I doubt that my PC is the problem, the SYS requirements of the game are laughable for 2019 ... I was just lucky to get it on the first game I joined I didn't have it after I relogged , give it time I bet you will have it as well ^-^ . I know you are an old player , and I know you love the game , but that is not a reason to keep your tongue behind your teeth and not call out the lazy team of devs and the introducement of new bugs every other patch ... I'm pissed and I want things to be good again ... The game is dying because they are letting it die and it seems that people like you are okay with that , but I'm not ! That's the reason why I decided to post on here so I could see peoples perspective and a GM or a CM comment about my concerns and points not players with the same status as any other ...

• Ye I doubt that my PC is the problem, the SYS requirements of the game are laughable for 2019 ... I was just lucky to get it on the first game I joined I didn't have it after I relogged , give it time I bet you will have it as well . I know you are an old player , and I know you love the game , but that is not a reason to keep your tongue behind your teeth and not call out the lazy team of devs and the introducement of new bugs every other patch ... I'm pissed and I want things to be good again ... The game is dying because they are letting it die and it seems that people like you are okay with that , but I'm not ! That's the reason why I decided to post on here so I could see peoples perspective and a GM or a CM comment about my concerns and points not players with the same status as any other ...

It is a new team completely unfamiliar with the code. Obviously they will make bugs. Even the korean team couldn't handle the game code.

• It is a new team completely unfamiliar with the code. Obviously they will make bugs. Even the korean team couldn't handle the game code.

Then they shall take their time and deliver ... This isn't a school project its a running game with sadly less than a 1000 players but still they are only loyal ones.

• We will never get a new patch then. The patches are already rare enough.

Amm what that's not what I'm saying ... I'm saying to shut the game off for 1week and to try to fix every big existing bug ( of which there aren't many so it should be that hard ,depending on the team and their communication between one another, because I'm pretty sure that's where all the bugs come from , bad communication and not enough comments in the code itself, everyone trying to work on the same string of code not knowing whoever touched it lastly . ) I personally didn't know that the DEV's are new , but if that's the case can anybody in the name of God tell me why the game is going downhill for 5 years now...

-Интересно ми е, виждаш ли бъдеще за играта идните две или три години, и ако да, какво е то ?

• Amm what that's not what I'm saying ... I'm saying to shut the game off for 1week and to try to fix every big existing bug ( of which there aren't many so it should be that hard ,depending on the team and their communication between one another, because I'm pretty sure that's where all the bugs come from , bad communication and not enough comments in the code itself, everyone trying to work on the same string of code not knowing whoever touched it lastly . ) I personally didn't know that the DEV's are new , but if that's the case can anybody in the name of God tell me why the game is going downhill for 5 years now...

How exactly is shutting the game off for a week any better? Besides the new patch actually fixed some of the bigger issues.

-Интересно ми виждаш ли бъдеще за играта идните две или три години, и ако да какво е то ?

It has survived for 10 years. i am sure it can do some more.

• How exactly is shutting the game off for a week any better? Besides the new patch actually fixed some of the bigger issues.

It has survived for 10 years. i am sure it can do some more.

Fixing one big BUG created by the latest patch and simultaneously creating another of the same size of even greater , is that what you think of when you hear PATCH LOG , I don't think that's the way to go and , IMO shutting the game off for a week would be better because they would have more time to sit down to work and hustle on the CODE, and as a result from that we the players would have a better experience, nobody asked for some half a**ed piece of work they call a PATCH introducing more harm than good (not talking about this patch in particular) !!!

• That is not how the things works. The game doesn't have to be down to be able to work on it. No game company does that.

Yeh I know there is no way they work on the code in the couple hours window that the game is down, my bad on this one IDK what I was thinking but still they must sit down and do it, work on the game intensely, let the week be a test period or whatever , I just want them to deliver what they delivered a couple of years back .

• I just want them to deliver what they delivered a couple of years back .

We all do but if they are messing with the code it means that they are actually trying things.

They just rebalanced the rg with the last patch, the hackers are now little to none. It is not really all that bad even if the current bugs can be very annoying.

• We all do but if they are messing with the code it means that they are actually trying things.

They just rebalanced the rg with the last patch, the hackers are now little to none. It is not really all that bad even if the current bugs can be very annoying.

The hackers were near to none a year ago the rail gun stats were easily its just a range as far as I know , what new have they introduced to lead the game forwards for the last 12months except fixing bugs they created while doing nothing new , or flatout bringing the railgun to its original stats ( while failing even at that, the last patch... (PS. RG is a from the time of BETA S4 LEAGUE) ).

• To begin with, you don't need to shut down a game in order to work on patches or fixes. Usually, when trying to fix something, they emulate it and then test things out, by changing the code and keep emulating until it gets where they want it to be, and then they deliver the patch for the actual game. However, the current team is pretty unfamiliar with the game, as stated, so they can't fix things from one day to another. Not to mention that some of those bugs might not exist locally but does exist server-wise. Those crashes might be a thing from their side or yours, whichever, as I have a friend that can't play on private servers due to apparently his net sending "invalid anchor points". If they fix said game crashes and etc, I expect for the game's community to increase. However you also have to look back where alot of people got banned by BE, others got pissed about enchant system and esper chips. One way or another, the game is slowly gonna die, they will nerf or buff things that doesn't need it. Nothing much to do about it.

• I played yesterday 3 matches and it was perfectly fine for me at least. No MAJOR bugs and definately no crashes. Patch wise i think the company is going forward.

Gameplay wise this game just isnt fun anymore with all the BS you have to put up with and the redundant st-2 or OS rooms ( miss the old s4).

You have worked on this patch for multiple weeks? A single developer could fix that stuff in a couple of hours.

Haha no.

• The current team is much better than the previous team, however, they are slow due to unfamiliarity with the code, so it takes a while. Bugs happens every small bit, not as often, other than the enchant thing that is currently partially fixed and I expect it to be fixed soon. Regarding maps and rooms, nothing much to do about it. Both modes has things we all dislike or people are simply not willing to learn maps due to the toxicity and flame the other team gives, with all their "ez" and etc. But as stated by XTaei, there's a lot of other games that are simply much better than S4, both mechanically/lore-wise/gameplay-wise, so after 10 years, it will be at this point, one way or another.