[Solution] Game crash after entering a match

• This is a temporal workaround before the issue gets fixed:

Leave and enter the same or another server before playing your first match.

This will prevent the game from crashing while you are online.

• ahh i tried to log on yesterday and crsshed as soon as i got in a match. I didnt know this was a thing lol. Man these forums can be useful.

Also didnt know there was a patch. Was there any balance changes or is it a generic patch?

• Well you said you can 100% confirm that Hella's approach wouldn't work yet we have 2 people to whom it does work.

Since you didn't give any information on anything useful whatsoever I just made an assumption and seem to have hit the mark.

If you really play S4 online via pen&paper you don't need to complain about crashes imo

The workaround Hella mentions holds true for my free time experiment#2 (Xeon X5670 on 12GB DDR3) even in its older version where an I7 920 leads 6GB of DDR3.

1544-signa-png

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yaita ().

• its does not work for me so i said it didnt.plus i have been using even worse specs than the current one im using for years and it worked fine so it isnt the problem with the spec of your device.getting crashed in the middle of the game for no reason doesnt sound like a spec problem does it?

• No. Tbh specs is unlikely since so many experience it (and it holds for Ryzen 2nd Gen)

What I call you out for is acting arrogantly towards someone working out how it can be done (and it works for some people as you see) and who is sharing it with the community.

You weren't simply saying it wouldn't work for you. You were saying that this 100% doesn't work "in any way".

You aren't everyone, calm your ego. I was just making fun of you, where I possibly should have told you what I did now in the first place.

My apologies (I am not making fun this time)

• why does ppl consider facts as arrogance.i dont understand.either ways im not the best at communication anyway

my apologies if i've offended anyone during my posts

• why does ppl consider facts as arrogance.i dont understand.either ways im not the best at communication anyway

my apologies if i've offended anyone during my posts

And you ask why? Your behavior in the forum isn't the best.

• Nope, this doesn't work. I still can't believe that the game is in this state. I mean, it has always had problems with crashing and stuff, but it had never got to the point where it would be literally unplayable.

• I played in windowed mode today and could play 3 full st-2 matches without crash. Maybe it was just coincidence, was too lazy to swtich to full so that i have to waste 10 mins to end and start the game again if it did indeed crash.

• DarkCL18 In case of crashing you can force your client to close instead of waiting till the application closes itself. You can either kill the process with taskmanager, Alt+F4 or spam left-click till Windows says that the application isn't responding and quit it like that.

• Tfw when you have money to buy you a brand new drumset, but you didn't think about getting a new PC, so you stick to your wooden toaster untill it dies for good

(definetively not me)

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• A little update from our side, if your game freezes and then shortly after the game crashes, send us in private message your ingame name and the log file inside your flush directory, which will be used to forward to the developers. Thanks in advance

• Could you discuss that in private please?

Thanks.

This thread should be there for providing a possible workaround.

Although it doesn't work 100% it may help certain players to crash less.

• Cant you guys just revert the fixes? Like dont you have a backup? You patch the game on a whim?

Im pretty sure we will survive without the scythe not stunning people from behind bug.

But its been 2 weeks and I still crash. And people still complain from hp bug. What the heck is this?

• Cant you guys just revert the fixes? Like dont you have a backup? You patch the game on a whim?

Im pretty sure we will survive without the scythe not stunning people from behind bug.

But its been 2 weeks and I still crash. And people still complain from hp bug. What the heck is this?

+entry lags got even worse after patch at least i think like this

• Backups? What's that?

It reminds me of the video of Karakasal where he said "we lost the patch tool and other important files"... lmao

The patch added new content as well so i doubt a backup is an option. maybe they can still revert the changes though.