What drives all of you to STILL play ST2 after all this time

• I am personally sick of the game mode & map after so many years of it. Even more so if it's Sword Only. And that is usually all I ever see. 9/10 times when I log in when I can, and it's all SO-ST2, with nothing in between

What possesses you folk to continue doing that same bloody thing for all these years? What turned you all away from the other game modes, like Team Deathmatch, Battle Royale, and Siege? Or even any of the other TD maps like oldschool or station 1?

Heck, I don't even know what Warfare is or does because I have never seen it. Not even once.

I miss the days where I could just hop on and get a DM or siege going any day of the week. or just SOMETHING that wasn't SO or ST2, or both. I was barely in my 20's back then.

• Most people don't want to learn new maps and it carried over the years.

I believe it all started back in the early days when some maps were level restricted with st2 being one of them so everyone jumped on the "new" map to play it. With every map being st2, the new generations of players just have no choice but too play that.

Nowadays I just create a st2 map as well just by instinct cuz I know there is no chance of someone joining if it is something else.

• I can relate to your opinion. As unlimited player I'm at the point where my brain fades out automatically every room with the OS symbole next to it. What's left are maybe 1-3 rooms and probably TD/ST-2.

On the other hand, I can understand why they play it. TD is probably the most popular and unique gamemode in S4L. The other gamemodes are fine, don't get me wrong, but just not as good as TD.

And now Station-2. We have to acknowledge that it's one of the best maps the TD mode has to offer. There are a lot of jumps to master and the map is viable for a lot of different playstyles.

Another reason is the balancing. A lot of maps are way too short for the amount of SP you have with full prem stats.

• A lot of maps are way too short for the amount of SP you have with full prem stats.

I woudl argue that st2 is also in that list. It has been getting "shorter" over the years with all the different speed buffs to a point you can score faster than 1 can respawn.

I wish more ppl played tunnel.

• I cannot really tell why most of the players are just playing St-2, but I am basically forced to play St-2 since nobody joins my Side-3 rooms, I really like that map.

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

• I cannot really tell why most of the players are just playing St-2, but I am basically forced to play St-2 since nobody joins my Side-3 rooms, I really like that map.

I think you joined my room yesterday. Let's play some Side-3 this evening? ;)

• We need a support group for those of us non st2 enthusiasts left behind. Follow me, brethren. I will fight to make the Netsphere a place for all modes to be played, and nobody, regardless of the quality of their equipment, shall never be ashamed of what they play or how they play it.

"I have a dream that one day we will live in a Netsphere where we will not be judged

by the scores of our touchdowns, but by the content of our playstyles." -Murumancer

Netsphere enthusiast "Muru" Murumancer delivering his famous speech,

moments before his assassination. ( March 6, 2019, Neden-J, Netsphere, Colorized)

...I spent way more time on this joke than it ever deserved.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Murumancer: neden j, not neden 1 ().

• theres still fun to be had in s4 from time to time but yeah i feel your pain man the st2 only meta is REALLY BORING. I played a match for the 1st time in a month yesterday and had a really good time, but i really wish there was more variety theres so many AWESOME MAPS people overlook its so annoying lol.

This prob I cant blame on Aeria its just the recent community are like robots.

• theres still fun to be had in s4 from time to time but yeah i feel your pain man the st2 only meta is REALLY BORING. I played a match for the 1st time in a month yesterday and had a really good time, but i really wish there was more variety theres so many AWESOME MAPS people overlook its so annoying lol.

This prob I cant blame on Aeria its just the recent community are like robots.

Oh i'm sure we can reasonably still pin a bunch of that on Aeria, but I get your point.

Though still, to be fair, the fact this game is an investment that usually turns people away from all the cooler stuff. People enchant and use equipment specifically for ST2 map advantages. all those enchantments, chips and what-not aren't nearly as effective on other maps like oldschool & tunnel, so maybe people feel pigeonholed into ST2 anyways because that's what people groomed their gear for the most.

Or we can still blame it on them anyways and say they just hate trying different things than the same 5 jumps off stairs, or the same bloody exodus up the ramp.

• Totes looking for a Clan/Club/whateverit'scalledIforgot that will diversify game rooms.

Only problem with doing it that way is that it would normally mean locked rooms. Maybe make a rule where rooms can't be locked so non-members can join in? (Unless it's a planned match or something.)

• People enchant and use equipment specifically for ST2 map advantages. all those enchantments, chips and what-not aren't nearly as effective on other maps like oldschool & tunnel, so maybe people feel pigeonholed into ST2 anyways because that's what people groomed their gear for the most.

Well... the enchants mosty apply on "TD Mode" so they should be good on every TD map. But not in other gamemodes, that's true. In my opinion they should merge all "mode enchants" into one enchant. As example if you have TD +2 and DM +3 you should get +3, this way people who bought enchants don't get that mad. But let's stop that discussion about enchants, that's another topic. :D

As for equipment choice I can agree with you. You're a canno user right? As example, canno is definitly better on ST-2 than on other maps. But I think it's always fun to experiment with your eq and try something new. ^^

• Well... the enchants mosty apply on "TD Mode" so they should be good on every TD map.

That actually came after but it is pretty much forcing those people to continue playing only TD only.

It all could be solved with no stat room mode but it is another question how many will be willing to just let go on the TD.

• ST2 is dangerous against even a novice Cannonade user if they know how to utilize the push. You can make some people despise the map when you can cannon push them into holes and lazers all the time. :3

Before the sharpshooter exited and the rail was changed to only slow down, the cannonade actually had some use.

• I once saw a whole team of Rail gunners trying to win a match.. They failed of course but that particular change makes people thing all you need is a Railgun to spam shots these days XP

One player with a railgun and decent aim can carry a whole team. And you're right, the railgun is way too spammy. You even don't need shield / airhug... You can cancle your shots with rightclick (Just in case you didn't know).

I want the old railgun back... "before it was cool" lul xD

• I really like St-2. But I agree with you.

I remember playing S4 League like 6 years ago.

There was Chaser, DM and TD. Pretty much for most of the modes of play there were rooms.

Dat Side-3 map was so cool and needed so much skill...

I sometimes see a Chaser or DM room, but its very rare. Wish I could play it more.

This game is so unique and fun.Thats what keeps me going I guess. Never had so much fun in an online game as I have in S4 League.

Regardless of all its crashes, lags and hackers(way less hackers nowadays!), unbalanced weapons, and rooms being 9/10 OS St-2, even if i find a gun room I still enjoy it very much.

Maybe one reason for this is because there are not many players still playing and mostly the "leet" OS players are around. Too bad.

• The Korean devs obviously changed it because they had a special talent of changing things to make the game worse and getting the players angrier. They were brilliant Minds i tell ya.

• Funny how most of all threads develop into weapon discussions. Another indicator that the balancing of weapons needs to be fixed.

You're giving me false hope for a thing that will probably never happen. Though honestly I HOPE this is an issue of literal inability, vs. lack of enthusiasm on Aeria's part to really do anything. I'm starting to think the new dev team has 0 idea what to do with the same code that has been passed down & mangled by 2 to 3 other publisher's dev teams. I imagine that can be fixed in time since private s4 servers exist & even they, hobbyist programmers, find a way to make & change their own content. I think.

Then again, who's to say it's a little bit of both. Maybe the issue IS complex to figure out handmedown code, but maybe Aeria doesn't pay its dev teams enough to care to try finding out either.

I think they need balance yes... but I manage none the less x3

(https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/god-i-wish-that-were-me)

• Unpopular opinion, ST2 is actually best designed map in whole game satisfaction wise, you can do literally anything you want in ST2. I don't like the map myself, but accept it. This map is Dust 2 of the S4.

Cynosure./AloneInDarkness

• I imagine that can be fixed in time since private s4 servers exist & even they, hobbyist programmers, find a way to make & change their own content. I think.

I've seen one add new weapons and outfits so its possible, it just seems exceedingly likely S4 is being run by a skeleton crew until it stops being profitable.

• I'd have to agree with Hella; it's all about the way the community adapted over the years. While Tunnel was the most popular map at one point, the combination of ST-2 being the "final unlockable TD map", the shift from normal to speed servers, FP movement boosts, and the evolution of S4 tricks and overall gameplay, it became the hallmark of making it as a Unlimited player if you could hang with the popular crowd.

Fast forward some years after S5 tourneys, various players coming and going, and all sorts of "metas" and St-2 has stayed as the pinnacle of TD. I personally prefer Tunnel as it forces players to truly work as a team instead of having people hero rush day in and out, but that's my opinion.

• That's why the only times i play this game i head directly to any Chaser room. People is more relaxed in there and it's not the same thing over and over.

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• Don't play anymore but you will find me pop in like 1 time a year or something of that nature just to see how things have turned out or until my interest dies again after 5 mins. Just about the same as with me popping up in these forums like right now but meh.....

atstrikewitchsig.png

Mikuru // EX-EN Alaplaya GM of S4 League // Retired S4 League Player

• One word. Boredom. The game is solid enough that I'm willing to come back to ATTEMPT to play a few matches despite all of its faults and should I ever have some spare time. Usually whenever I power through one of those new AAA games the gaming industry like to spew out every month or so, I usually find myself coming back to this game afterwards. It can get repetitive if you play this game every. single. day.

InsertTerribleSignatureHere.jpg