What happened to S4L

• Hey people !

So I logged in yesteday, after almost 2 years of not playing S4L and being honest I was expecting S4L to die sooner yet I thought it was "healthier" than it's.

I used to be one of those "Competitive S5 players" , yet I loved S4L back then, when it was released and when it was with alaplaya.

Empty channels;

Alot of OS rooms:

At least clan system seems to be fixed;

Improved UI;

Basically when I logged I was surprised (not in a good way, but not in a terrible way either) and wanted to know what has been happening and thoughts from the active players and other about why S4 has come to this.

Cheers !

BR,

Ethereal :)

• One channel in EU 1 ususally always get filled during the peack hours and there are ppl whoa re returning.

The clans system is actually worse than before.

There are sometimes events during the weekend for playing certain modes/maps.

• Uh.... I will be gentle in writing my opinion of this thread since you are a returner.

"There is a clan system? Was not aware of that. You made a typo, I think you mean Alot of 1 player OS rooms, oh upsy, another typo, I think you mean Empty servers."

5.gif

• One channel in EU 1 ususally always get filled during the peack hours and there are ppl whoa re returning.

The clans system is actually worse than before.

There are sometimes events during the weekend for playing certain modes/maps.

Uh ?! Really?
    What actually happened to it, when I stopped people wouldn't even CW because there was no point on doing so, the ranking system was broken.

Does it still remains the same way ?

Uh.... I will be gentle in writing my opinion of this thread since you are a returner.

"There is a clan system? Was not aware of that. You made a typo, I think you mean Alot of 1 player OS rooms, oh upsy, another typo, I think you mean Empty servers."

5.gif

Yes, you're right about the empty servers.

Thank you for being gently, I guess :)

BR,

Ethereal

• quite a lot of things happened these 2 years and there's also still a lot to happen as well.

What you may have primarly noticed is the anticheat that has changed. From leaving xigncode it now has battleye. The numbers of players using illegal third party programs became less and there are a lot of events for the forum and ingame and few more planned.

Also there are further changes planned in the future that are still to come.

• Uh ?! Really?
    What actually happened to it, when I stopped people wouldn't even CW because there was no point on doing so, the ranking system was broken.

Does it still remains the same way ?

Now they can' even do it if they want to. It works in a queue system so the only way to have clan wars is to have 2 clans queueing at the same time.

Not to mention the current clan ranking is pointless and easily farmable.

• quite a lot of things happened these 2 years and there's also still a lot to happen as well.

What you may have primarly noticed is the anticheat that has changed. From leaving xigncode it now has battleye. The numbers of players using illegal third party programs became less and there are a lot of events for the forum and ingame and few more planned.

Also there are further changes planned in the future that are still to come.

I consider that the security is a huge part of a game, yet for example the clan system that I asked Hella's about its been going on for a while right ?

It didn't work at all when I stopped.

There are stuff that should be crucial to make at least competition going in the game and clans should be a huge part of that "competitive gameplay" .

I believe that the team is also aiming towards fixing this problem ?

Thank you for the reply !

• I also recently came back and yes, it's filled with os rooms but I still find myself playing a few td and dm match almost every day(I never play os). Also people has been pretty nice in the matches I have been so for me this game is just a fun way to kill a few hours

• Both modes could coexist, and i'm not talking now about which mode is easier or harder, more fun or boring. I'm talking about the lack of interest that devs showed for the unlimited side since a time now. I used to play unlimited for a long time but over time it kinda burned me out for different reasons which i will explain in another thread more focused on the point

• Yea I dont mind guns or unli, but i think people just find os more challanging / interesting / unique to play as not many games have this kind of gameplay which is both smooth, require skill to be good and lots of other aspects. Ofc guns is a thing too and not easy but i feel like OS is more unique

• Yea I dont mind guns or unli, but i think people just find os more challanging / interesting / unique to play as not many games have this kind of gameplay which is both smooth, require skill to be good and lots of other aspects. Ofc guns is a thing too and not easy but i feel like OS is more unique

How is SO more unique if Unlimited has it in itself?

• In OS you don't have to worry about that rail gun user who likes to wallshoot, or other people that wallshoot in general. You also don't have to worry about that occasional MS user that comes in to troll you which you can't do anything about from the other side of the wall except get away, or use MS yourself. You don't have to worry about stacked heal teams, (which are no fun to play against, and pretty much the only way to beat them is to have a stacked heal team too). Unlimited matches are often more one sided, thus less fun. I mean really...stacked heals vs a team that has no heals, I literally played a game where the score ended with 0 - 100 because of this, and you won't find that in OS.

In the end, OS is more balanced.

• Both modes have things to worry about, high MS will mess you up no matter if it is a SMG or a Plasma Sword, premade teams or stacked teams can be equally as dangerous in SO and Unlimited (I'd say more dangerous in SO than Unlimited since aoe and crowd control issues) But then again we would need to take those facts in consideration for each map

• Both modes have things to worry about, high MS will mess you up no matter if it is a SMG or a Plasma Sword, premade teams or stacked teams can be equally as dangerous in SO and Unlimited (I'd say more dangerous in SO than Unlimited since aoe and crowd control issues) But then again we would need to take those facts in consideration for each map

By MS I meant Mind Shock, but that's my bad. It's true that people stack in OS as well, but my argument was about stacked healers who make their team basically immortal. You can't kill the the healers either in this case cause literally every other healer will heal that said healer. The worst you have to worry about in OS is stacked competitive players with Breaker/Dagger, but they can't be healed like in Unlimited. Although they may suicide to reset their hp if they're that cheap and the map allows it, but suicide is actually worse in Unlimited because say bomb users could get their ammo back. No matter how you slice it, stacked OS is never as bad as stacked Unlimited, (cuz of heals). However I will say that the players I meet in Unlimited tend to be nicer than the OS players. I don't run into toxic players really when I go into Unlimited.

• By MS I meant Mind Shock, but that's my bad. It's true that people stack in OS as well, but my argument was about stacked healers who make their team basically immortal. You can't kill the the healers either in this case cause literally every other healer will heal that said healer. The worst you have to worry about in OS is stacked players with Breaker/Dagger, but they can't be healed like in Unlimited. Although they may suicide to reset their hp if they're that cheap and the map allows it, but suicide is actually worse in Unlimited because say bomb users could get their ammo back. No matter how you slice it, stacked OS is never as bad as stacked Unlimited, (cuz of heals). However I will say that the players I meet in Unlimited tend to be nicer than the OS players. I don't run into toxic players really when I go into Unlimite

This. A team with at least 2 healers make them pretty invincible but i think this can be countered by lightning bomb just slow them down and kill them with breaker or guns. As for unlimited from time to time i have noticed that they have really toxic players which annoys me, so i try to avoid those rooms with them in it.