I want my character to be black without Amazon parts.

• Yo. Im'a black guy! Playin S4 Since 2007. I don't really know how else to put it. But ummm.... I Always make me on Games you get to customize. My characters always Darkishly Tan, or Tan. I want my S4 Character to be a black guy. Like me. I can do so with Amazon Parts, but I mean Tan Face, Pale neck, (wearing hiphops) pale legs, etc... Can you guys change the hue? I mean shyt I'll pay fa datt!

Ya know what, im gonna do it! I ain't want to, but heres me in 2007-2008.

Main Character lookin Black Guy To the Right with datt pose!

Here's my S4 Character from back in the day. (Remember this Bug? lololololol)

OK YALL READY?!?! YOU SURE!!!??? CHECK IT?!! (Im the black guy with the Blue and Yellow)

THIS!!PLUS THIS!

IS DIS!!!!!

YA BOI ONLY USED PAINT.NET

COPIED THE COLOR OF EACH SIDE OF MY FOREHEAD.

(SHADED/NOT SHADED)

APPLIED ACCORDINGLY USING MAGIC WAND. BAM!

• The thing is, every costume part has the skin color as the part of that costume. They will have to change the way how costumes work completely to make it possible to select skin color. The only easy way to get around it is to create more sets like the amazon ones that have darker colors.

• The game was developed by south koreans, so of course they have never even considered to support darker skin tones. As Hella already said, the skin tone is part of the facial texture and therefore the current developers are pretty limited regarding this matter.

• Besides being developed by koreans the game has an anime artstyle to it. From my experience animes dont really have much darker toned characters (correct me if im wrong) and the customization system is verrrrrrryy limited in terms of character personalisation. It was always more centered on faces, sets etc that you can mix and match.

Cool concept tho. But as the above poster said the devs are pretty limited in that regard......actually they seem to be limited at everything atm.

• Besides being developed by koreans the game has an anime artstyle to it. From my experience animes dont really have much darker toned characters (correct me if im wrong) and the customization system is verrrrrrryy limited in terms of character personalisation. It was always more centered on faces, sets etc that you can mix and match.

Cool concept tho. But as the above poster said the devs are pretty limited in that regard......actually they seem to be limited at everything atm.

I agree with you. But I'd like to add that anime would have more dark skinned characters if it wouldn't be for censorship. Actually in general some anime censoring are just dumb. This is a example from the anime "One Piece"

d6179dd31f2da0_full.jpg

• Those are all very valid actually! (Not like u need my acceptance lol) My friend who plays S4 with me (since 2007-8 XD) said something very VEEERY similar to whats being said here, yesterday! That would be a lot of work tho! Im guessing they use Paint.net. (From what I can see anyway.) To do it could be simplified with default pallets like how the pieces used to be regularly on S4 Back in the gap with multiple textures. And such.

(I'd change the textures of MY Specific set myself, but I am NOT tryna get banned!! LMAO!!!! XDXDXDXD)

• the fact s4 never departed from tying skin color to outfit parts still baffles me. Probably the only game in existence i can think of that does things so lazily for costumes.

Keep in mind this game came in 2007 and it was looking dated even for that time. The graphics were simple because it was also supposed to be a PSP game as well. Not to mention, character customization and "representation" back then wasn't as common in multiplayer games as it is nowadays.

To top it all it, it was a korean company making it for their own market.

If they have started changing the way how costumes works in mid development, they would be just creating more work for themselves if have to redo all of the existing sets.

• If Aeria accepts (and I highly doubt they will) I can professionally "recolour" some of the items for different skin tones.

Recoloring is the easy part. Making an entry for every color is going to be an issue.

Lets say you have a costume with 5 colors and you want to have 5 skin tones for each. That means 25 different textures just for one piece of clothing.

• Keep in mind this game came in 2007 and it was looking dated even for that time. The graphics were simple because it was also supposed to be a PSP game as well. Not to mention, character customization and "representation" back then wasn't as common in multiplayer games as it is nowadays.

To top it all it, it was a korean company making it for their own market.

If they have started changing the way how costumes works in mid development, they would be just creating more work for themselves if have to redo all of the existing sets.

You're making it really hard for me to crudely complain in hindsight about this game when you keep bringing up fair and relevant points that merit discussion.

Stop it.

• This is the easiest part actually.

Also:

Still, I doubt you want more load times and 10 more GB of stuff on your HDD that you won't be using all of it.

The only solution I can see for this is if they can find a way to apply some sort of filter over the skin texture during the rendering.