GM application progress(?) Q and A?

• The thread was at first to shed light on the progress of these applications since it's been over a month since it was first announced, and having the announcement channel in Discord unmuted, I was debating on why something that involves the community, was no where near on Discord. I would have thought that it would have its own place on the forums in the form of a thread, but unless I'm blind, there was none. What was the decision to have it only on the site? It's now buried with all the promotional news and I had this conversation with a friend that was indeed thinking about becoming a GM, didn't know that the team was recruiting until I told him. That just says something.
    The only thing that I can think of that would justify this decision would be the team being able to 'hide' behind the silence to organise(?).

Granted these questions have come in late, but it's best to know ask them now.

I honestly don't really have much hope in there being a reply where a GM or a CM would say something other than "we're still looking at the applicants".

So I can always look at you like a shy girl, I'll fill my white heart with pink love...

• All candidates, including me, must be patient.

I want to become a new Russian GM, but I understand that the selection process is rather complicated and long.

Staff of the game should check everything: your communication skills, account on the forum and in the game, as well as make sure that you are calm and stress-resistant person before they make you or someone else a new GM.

• It is unfortunate that it hasn't been a forum announcement as well as a Discord announcement, luckily I found it hiding there inside the launcher. I believe the new GMs are going to be announced in the next month or so. Patience is key buddy.

• I totally agree with what you said.

Hella_Hell I do understand what you mean but I also think it's not the point that wanted to get across through this post:

There's proper communication channels (Forum, Website, Discord, Facebook, Twitter), using only one of those, which happens to be -obviously- the less seen makes you wonder what that post is aiming for, and what the Staff of this game is looking for/expecting.

From a logical point of view, if I'm hiring/looking for GMs, I do want the most of the people I can to see it, cause it'd mean that a major amount of people can see it, which, obviously, implies that I'll have more chances to find a good candidate for the role I am looking people for.

It was indeed mentioned in another topic that they were looking for people willing to apply for the GM role, without disclosing any information about where to apply, or even stating that there was a form in order to apply.

As much as I can understand that a person willing to become a GM should check everywhere, it's not a treasure hunt, let's assume that you have a shop, and you are in need to hire (otherwise you wouldn't, cause it'd be a loss of money), you would put an announcement in a visible spot, that wont be istantly overwhelmed by other papers, probably put aswell on a newspaper, cause you want it to have as much visibility as possible.
    Sorry for the long essay about it.

And to properly comment what has been stated above in the topic. I'm kind of puzzled about the actual lack of communication in this period, I feel like I know nothing about whats happening to the game. Or see at least proper answers to what people ask for, I do understand that not everything can be said, that's crystal clear, but it's unthinkable to know nothing about how a process such as selecting the staff takes so long (while we dont even know why, being busy is generic, isn't it?) or leaving us hanging on a thread saying "soon".
    Please, reinforce the communication with the community, we are not only players, but also customers that support/supported the game. Doing half hearted things (from the way I see it), isn't going to improve the relationship with us (players/customers/supporters) and makes me (or us?) question the way the game is seen not only by the staff, but also the company itself.

Sorry again for the long reply, once again.

• The thread was at first to shed light on the progress of these applications since it's been over a month since it was first announced, and having the announcement channel in Discord unmuted, I was debating on why something that involves the community, was no where near on Discord. I would have thought that it would have its own place on the forums in the form of a thread, but unless I'm blind, there was none. What was the decision to have it only on the site? It's now buried with all the promotional news and I had this conversation with a friend that was indeed thinking about becoming a GM, didn't know that the team was recruiting until I told him. That just says something.
    The only thing that I can think of that would justify this decision would be the team being able to 'hide' behind the silence to organise(?).

Granted these questions have come in late, but it's best to know ask them now.

I honestly don't really have much hope in there being a reply where a GM or a CM would say something other than "we're still looking at the applicants".

I can confirm your hope. "We're still looking at the applicants." The normal case scenario is, that the application deadline could need longer as 8 weeks.

Greetings

Evendora

• They're either gonna pick someone who is their friend and if there isn't any it's gonna be a guy that Will bark yes at everything they say. Lets just hope they wont be Dorq 2.0

• But I think it is ridiculous, that this (talking about the turkish ones) takes so long. So either only people that fail the background check applied, or it is just not important enough to only have CM Milkmosh as turkish support.

I mean at least for the turkish GM applications, they were opened over 5 months ago. To be exact the 9th of July 2018.

As seen here: Turkish GM Thread

I mean, I know that it can take a month or so. But why wasn't this pushed, if you don't get applications, or if you get some, why isn't it being worked on, cause there have to be some results, cause even when I was in the team, we didn't get any info on that regardless on how often we asked about that.

So maybe you can hurry up and get thadone first ._.

tl;dr

You should be prepared to wait for more than half a year for a response to your application ^^