How are you not having fun? The players who complain instead of enjoying the game.

• OK, let momma get the obvious thing out of the way; I know that S4 is going through some stuff while Aeria tries to figure this out. I know that some weapons cause players grief and should be rebalanced. I know that.. This isn't really about that.. It's about you.. the player. Are you trying to enjoy yourself?

I have been playing this game for a good while (since my bday 2010-ish) and I have to say when I play, I tend to enjoy myself. Do I give every match my all? Nope. Do I enjoy to win? Sure.. but that doesn't mean I will complain if I lose.. even if it's a horrible loss against things I'm not good at. Heck, I don't even complain much when it's 6v1 (this happens at times). I know some things aren't fair.. but what I found important is having a good time and trying to be friendly.

Now if you're reading this and you're like me, then great :D. We should play together sometime, if we don't already.. But as we are a smaller population than we used to be I notice more poor sportsmen than I like to see. Players begging to kick new players from their OWN rooms because they can't play TD and win like an experienced player, Players outright trying to bully others just because they fight in a way that they dislike... Which i get that alot x3.

If varied styles of fighting are making you not enjoy yourself, why are you even playing?

If you are looking for something competitive out of an amateur's room, doesn't that say something about you?

If I cannonade shoots you out of the air and your first response is I can't aim... wat?! x3

TLDR; If you're not having fun.. why you still playing? We all should be happy that people are still around to enjoy the game with you. If you lose a fight against a legitimate weapon.. then you lost.. gg.. improve yourself instead of trying to make a person feel bad (especially me.. my cannonade uses tears as ammunition <3).

• I'm glad that there's somebody who thinks the way I do about S4. I often (!) create FM rooms with the title "all lvl welcome" and then ppl join and complain about their mates. They start kicking them and most of the players press y, which is really sad. Personally, I enjoy playing S4 even if there are some issues, but ppl should be happy that S4 is still alive and trying to fix all of this. That's my opinion. There's nothing to add I guess.

• Haven't you made this thread before already?

The population currently seems small only because the ppl get disconnected from the servers all the time.

Votekicking newbies is a major problem and it should be looked at.

I am having fun when I can find some rooms. Also I am so glad all the aimbotters disappeared.

• From an MMO i played in my youth phase i knew, I forgot at times that playing games is about fun. Hence i made a nick that keeps reminding me.

So many good names have left s4 already. But still some do remain. Be it an Astoria who never flames me, who often gives me invites to s5 even though i suck within a competitive measure. Be it a Keikeu who is a partner in crime in the battle against afk-farmers. Be it a BlackMensa.XIII, who keeps cheering me up if i keep missing everything. And some more

I really hope they can fix the community-window crash so i can stay in touch with my (few) friends who still remain on the server. It is hard enough to find such people, but tbh those people are great to play with and against. The game makes the game, but we also do.

improve yourself instead of trying to make a person feel bad

^

• Hi, dear.

I agree with you. It's hard to find people that really enjoy the game without complaining all the time.

original.gif

• Hella I really don't know.. I forget >:

As for anyone else.. When I'm on I try to make a room with no restrictions.. or at worst no healing and ms and it's because that makes me OP..

Anyone is invited and can enjoy a game with me.. but i usually sit there alone as some people outright just avoid me >:

there used to be a time when I connected people would kick me outright

• Hella I really don't know.. I forget >:

As for anyone else.. When I'm on I try to make a room with no restrictions.. or at worst no healing and ms and it's because that makes me OP..

Anyone is invited and can enjoy a game with me.. but i usually sit there alone as some people outright just avoid me >:

there used to be a time when I connected people would kick me outright

Yeah you made one like this haha

I would like to have enough time to enjoy this lovely game with ppl like you :P hope the community heals its cancer

• Pretty sure it's the talkative minority or at least less than half of them are the ones complaining a lot. Majority of the playerbase doesn't even talk anyways.
    Myself, I'm on the fence. The only thing ruining my fun is room rules breaking and not sitting, winning or losing.

Besides, that I have a lot fun with the game despite the current state it's in and my complains. Though my complains are mainly balancing gripes, even though I'm one of the guys who use the unbalanced weapons.

• Not every one is the same.

I have the most fun in unlimited rooms that arent always st2 and set with weap restrictions for obvious reasons. Thats just me. The last 2 times i logged i had to play cpdnf st2 rooms cause it was all that was available.

Making a room takes 20 years and i dont mind new players that actually try & play the game not just shoot at the walls or something. Most people dont have fun in s4 cause of what it degenerated into. If you still have fun then God bless you.

Not everyone is the same.

• gOre according to some players.. I AM the cancer x3.. I get alot of hate in TD for using my standard loadout (Breaker, HMG, Cannonade).. after knocking them in holes several times they literally just give up and let my team win X3.

If i could put a number on it.. loosely I would say the toxic player ratio is 1:6.. but this is what I observed.. most people just hide in SO rooms which I don't go to those unless invited by a friend and they better enjoy my SO weapons (TB, Dag, Bat or Scythe).

• I don't think bombs are game breaking.. I use Critical Error for Trolling and they aren't unbalanced in the least.. at least i feel that way

The lightning bomber is actually the broken one. With Earth Bomb you can avoid huge amount of damage as long as you try to avoid it.

With the lightning bomb however, it hits you no matter what. As long as you are anywhere in its range it can deal up to 180 damage. Sure it doesn't always deal max damage but considering a person can have at least 2 and everyone is using it, it is pretty much a guaranteed unavoidable kill.