Creating a new channel

• Hello S4League Team,

I think there should be some changes made with the channels. Let me explain what I mean with this.

Create a new channel called 'Amateur' with the Level restriction: Level 20-39.
    And as soon you hit Level 40 (Semi-Pro) you are allowed to enter Netsphere 1-3.
    Change the level restriction of Netsphere 1-3 to Level restriction: Level 40-80.

I recommend this because many players just kick everyone who is an Amateur out of their room.
    When you play vs Pro and S4's you don't need an Amateur as handicap in your team.
    It's just a disadvantage for players who are higher levels.
    That's why I think the solution is to create an own channel only for Amateurs (Level 20-39).
    That way people will kick less players out of their room because they're at least Semi-Pro Level 40.

King regards, Tessuru. :saint:

• Bad suggestions uk why? Because the players aren't enough to be separated in different channels

Rookie channel is 80% of players who can actually play like pros maybe higher in level

All the channels needs to be merged to one channel where everyone can join it.

Imagine a player from america joins at 4am europe time but its around 9pm for them and he is a new player

The rookie channel would be empty so where can he play? No rooms, no players in the channel. Lets use exp hack to hit lvl20 so he can play with the other plays if not he would quit the game lol

• Lets use exp hack to hit lvl20 so he can play with the other plays if not he would quit the game lol

They would quit anyways, because they get kicked out of the rooms all the time from Pro and S4's.
    When all Amateurs have their own channel, they have actually time to learn the game and don't have to play vs Pro or S4's.
    And the problem with kicking wouldn't exist, so there would less players quitting the game because of getting kicked all the time.
    And when they hit Level 40, they can think, if they're serious about playing S4 League and
    they can decide if they want to invest money in the game.

No rooms, no players in the channel.

And who say's that there would be no players in the 'Amateur' Channel, I was suggesting?

You say it's a bad suggestion, but I disagree.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tessuru ().

• I have a better idea. How about just get rid of the vote kick so no one gets kicked?

Also restricting the channel to lvl 40 means even less ppl to play with and splitting the community even more. It may not be big deal for OS mode but i see the same ppl in unlimited every day.

• Another option for me is to create a Level restriction in the room settings.
    If my suggestion is not possible to implement.
    Like it's only possible to enter the room if you hit Level 40 (Semi-Pro)

I have a better idea. How about just get rid of the vote kick so no one gets kicked?

If there would be no vote kick, you couldn't kick hackers out of your room.
    And what if my clanmate wants to join, and my teammate is not willing to leave the room?
    For example, when my clanmate had a dc and wants to re-enter the room.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tessuru ().

• I have a better idea. How about just get rid of the vote kick so no one gets kicked?

Also restricting the channel to lvl 40 means even less ppl to play with and splitting the community even more. It may not be big deal for OS mode but i see the same ppl in unlimited every day.

I was going to say the same.

• Btw kicking players so your mate joins is a trash move uk why? Because if u asked him nicely to leave he would leave but if he didn't want to for some reasons like having exp etc its something up to him, but ppl like u abusing the kick function for the needs which actually bad and made the community way more toxic

• Kicking hackers, the hackers should be automatically kicked by the game security itself. Not by players i remember one hacker blacklisted one of my accounts for kicking him lol

• I rarely see any hackers. But if there is a hacker and he joins a room, he kinda freezes us so that we can't even leave. So I think that voting wouldn't be necessary. So I agree with Hella_Hell

Honestly, I feel bad for new players. That's why often create rooms with the title "all lvl welcome."

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

• Because if u asked him nicely to leave he would leave

No, I said 'when my teammate is not willing to leave the room'. There would be no other option other than kick this teammate.

ppl like u abusing the kick function for the needs which actually bad and made the community way more toxic

I don't think this makes me toxic in any way. I disagree with your logic.

• Voar  Since no one has the courage to ask you, then I will be the bad one for now (as always).

Do you know that you can have 3 quotes in one post instead using one quote in one post (taken as spamming)?

Plus using edit button is sometimes helpful too.

Have a nice day.

• U know that using the phone isn't the same as using PC? i have used different forums and i thought writing another post would merge them together
    But thanks anyway :)

• note that you've poked an inactive user account instead of the whole team (there are no group tags).

In my opinion, if this suggestion had come 1-2 years ago I would have said that it would still make more sense but then I also agree that there would be no one else to play with, if we split it up further. I mean, I like playing DM rooms mainly and if it's being split up even more, I might never get the chance to play DM anymore.

I would rather tend to go more to Hella's suggestion to remove the vote kick, alter it or maybe replace it with an ingame report button.

• note that you've poked an inactive user account instead of the whole team (there are no group tags).

In my opinion, if this suggestion had come 1-2 years ago I would have said that it would still make more sense but then I also agree that there would be no one else to play with, if we split it up further. I mean, I like playing DM rooms mainly and if it's being split up even more, I might never get the chance to play DM anymore.

I would rather tend to go more to Hella's suggestion to remove the vote kick, alter it or maybe replace it with an ingame report button.

Okay, I accept this answer. The current situation don't allow it because S4 League don't have enough players.
    Still I've this other suggestion, where there is a level restriction in the room settings. Like you can only enter this room if you reached Level 40 (Semi-Pro)
    And you can enable or disable it, as you wish. This is a compromise from me.

And about removing the vote kick, I think there should be a poll about it. And if the Community agrees, it should be fine.
    And about this inactive user, sorry for the inconvenience.

• Still I've this other suggestion, where there is a level restriction in the room settings. Like you can only enter this room if you reached Level 40 (Semi-Pro)

Honestly, I feel like there are only a few ppl who are even caring for the "new players." ;~; If there would be a setting for this level restriction, most of the players would activate it. I think it's sad... How can new players even enjoy playing and respectively be able to play if they aren't even welcomed? It's not really the best way to make a game attractive.

Additionally, regarding the kick vote, here are two things: I really enjoy getting kicked because some idiots want to play with their friends. Alice5Can't they just wait?? Furthermore, I often witness how toxic people kick me at the last second of the match and they even press y. So, get rid of this voting system I'm done. Alice7

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

• Okay, I accept this answer. The current situation don't allow it because S4 League don't have enough players.
    Still I've this other suggestion, where there is a level restriction in the room settings. Like you can only enter this room if you reached Level 40 (Semi-Pro)

This would just shift the problem, not resolve it. If you make this (imo) you keep most of the VC problems because you kinda use the VC beforehand here.

Sadly I don't have an alternative soluion right now.

If we had more players, we could try a ranking/matchmaking system (using elo or sth similar), but as it is, i see this failing.

// trivia: Once upon a time, ppl could set a level limitation to their rooms ( i don't know the exact numbers) like +-20 levels taking the RM level as base value. I don't think this was used very often though

• I think it's sad... How can new players even enjoy playing and respectively be able to play if they aren't even welcomed? It's not really the best way to make a game attractive.

On the other hand, Pro or S4's don't want to see them in their rooms, they instantly kick them because they are
    A) Not Full AP or B) still too inexperienced and see them as disadvantage and prevent them from having a chance of winning.
    When you are having a clanwar and your clanmate disconnected. The first thing that will happen is 20 Amateurs joining your rooms and all will be vote-kicked.
    With a level restriction the problem would be no longer there.
    You don't want this because you want them to be welcomed in all rooms? If all Amateurs get kicked they are not welcomed in the first place anyways.

This would just shift the problem, not resolve it. If you make this (imo) you keep most of the VC problems because you kinda use the VC beforehand here.

Sadly I don't have an alternative soluion right now.

Can you explain me why you think the problem will be shift and not resolved? I don't understand what VC problems stands for. What means VC?
    I can give you an answer when I understand what you are trying to say here.
    But I want to say, I'm open to other solutions too. If there are any.

• When you are having a clanwar and your clanmate disconnected.

That's something else. But if you create your own room, start a match and then get kicked because somebody else wants to join even if they were NOT in the room before because of a dc or something like that, it really *bad word* me off. "yyy PlS mY fRiEnD wAnTs tO jOiN." Furthermore, how can they even gain experience if they'll usually get kicked out of the room? Personally, if I would be a new player and witness this all the time, I would probably leave the game since you can't play properly. Moreover, I don't get why S4 ranked players or lower ranks have always the urge to win. Of course there is sometimes the urge to win due to the competitive players, but must that be a reason to kick everybody because of their skill in order to hope that an S4 joins? Alice7(Personally, I enjoy playing this game even if I lose.)

1689-molang-gif

Signature made by AYLIF

• But that is kinda sad. I am S4 and don't care about winning or losing therefore shall people play what they want. I make a few exceptions like "please communicate to your team when you play RG so we don't play as 4 snpiers" because that is pointless and imo no fun). I don't care about how many rookies there are in my team. Unless you're sabotaging your own team willingly (rookies might do that by using the block-skill a few times, but i will hint that and give them chances to improve; it is a different thing when it happens over the whole of 30 minutes or if someone throws bombs in his own team over and over)

, are cheating or insulting other i don't really care (perhaps i left out something but you get the idea)

I might be strange but I enjoy my approach.

// If you play a CW you set a password anyway. In CW you don't want to have random S4s as well as random rookies because it is a CW. Set pw, be done with it.

VC means votekick. What happens now is rookies getting kicked all over the place. Making them unable to join rooms is almost the same. At some point (and imo they shouldn't wait till whatever rank) they need their crucible, they need to get better, and what better way is there than playing with and against experienced players. There are some friendly Pros and S4 ranks out there willing to help rookies be it even by only giving little hints.

I had a rookie on saturday who was desperate on beating Story chapter 8 for the mission. After helping him he expressed for an easy 3 minutes how grateful he was. Yes this game is about competition. But why don't we go the step further to help the newcomers and bad players out so at some point they can compete, instead of willingly throwing them out of our games or prohibit their presence beforehand.

If you want to go tryhard mode, you'll find willing participants playing S5 still and enough of them are capable of beating you.

Just please.. the game has only few players left as it is.. don't eliminate the unlucky ones trying to join in times like this.

Edit: Yes, Votekick should be VK, i have no idea what went wrong in my head here. Sorry once more

1544-signa-png

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yaita ().

• Okay, I think I have to mention I was talking about Only Sword Mode, I don't know about Gun/Unlimited Mode.
    Because I'm Only Sword Player. So, what are you saying here don't apply to me.

VC means votekick.

Why VC stands for votekick? Shouldn't it be VK?

Yes this game is about competition. But why don't we go the step further to help the newcomers and bad players out so at some point they can compete, instead of willingly throwing them out of our games or prohibit their presence beforehand.

I think it's their own responsibility if they want improve. Only that way they can learn. If they need others to teach them how to play they will never learn.
    And if they are really serious about playing S4, below Level 40 (Semi-Pro) is not enough to be serious about the game.
    As soon someone reaches Level 40 (Semi-Pro), you know this person will be a loyal player to the game, and will try to become Level 60 (Pro) or something.
    If they are still Level 20-39, you could think: Why even bother teaching someone who will not even stick to S4 League? Isn't it a waste of my time?
    But like I said for me teaching someone how to play is not mine. I think it's their own responsibility. Only themselves can help them to learn and grow.
    It's better to say: Even when I did something wrong, I did this. I didn't need the help of someone else.
    They need to be their own teacher and trust their inner guidance instead of listening to someone else and be dependant of lessons of someone else.

Making them unable to join rooms is almost the same. At some point (and imo they shouldn't wait till whatever rank) they need their crucible, they need to get better, and what better way is there than playing with and against experienced players. There are some friendly Pros and S4 ranks out there willing to help rookies be it even by only giving little hints.

It's better to play Amateur vs Amateur. Then to play Amateur vs Pros or S4 ranks. Isn't it?
    For the Amateur it's still too big of a challenge and the Amateur should first learn vs other Amateurs,
    so the newcomer can gain his or her first own experiences and lessons.
    Only after playing S4 League for a serious amount of time, this kind of players should be allowed to play vs higher levels.
    If you hit Level 40 (Semi-Pro) you are in a better position then when you are still Amateur and know nothing about S4 League.
    It would be still too unfair for an Amateur to play vs Pros or S4 ranks.
    A new player need time to discover S4, and only if this person stick to S4 League he or she will spend money in S4 League and will level up his or her account.
    There need a decision to be made for the new player: Do I quit S4 League and deinstall it? Or do I stay, spend money and level up my account?

• Well, first of all, let's begin by not dividing the community more. This is not Guild Wars, we don't have enough players to allow ourselves to play with/against more selected players.

Second, encourage amateurs to play, indifferently of the mode you are actually playing. This game needs, if not a more fresh playerbase, more players.

Third, votekick is a double-edged weapon. People who stack in rooms with their clans or their friends are one of the reasons new players get to grow tired of the game. Thus, hackers aren't excluded of it. Is it true that the number of hackers are considerably decreased if we compare to early 2010's, but is it yet necessary to keep the game as clean as possible.

In my personal opinion, votekick should be able to make everyone able to kick players, but with a restricted number of uses.

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• Using the clanchannel would solve that too… :/

Seems like you never played a clanwar there so lemme explain. The clanchannel is bugged and causes disconnects also its glitched after a dc.

Nevertheless making your room locked will fix this issue buddy.

• And what if my clanmate wants to join, and my teammate is not willing to leave the room?
    For example, when my clanmate had a dc and wants to re-enter the room.

Thats a cancer move, that is not why the vote kick system was created.
    And most of the times that reason is BS, half the times the clanmate/friend did not even get dc in the first place but instead he is just login to the game, the RM doesnt even ask politely, he just says "GET OUT", and sometimes you even enter when the match hasnt started, wait for everyone to get ready, start the game, only for a few seconds later to be kicked because out of nowere the RM says his "friend" is coming in.

There are even times when the match is almost over and they kick someone with that excuse!

Also, theres a big difference between newbies and feeders/trolls.

<edit part>: Removed bad words.

• I am with the ones who want to remove the vote kick system. I have always thought that a report system like the one we have on CS:GO and Rocket League would be a good replacement, that is if the Game Masters join more frecuently, of course.

Anyways, the vote kick abuse is a problem that must be confronted ASAP, this is actually chasing the new players away, which is pretty bad to the game, at the state it is right now.

ijtref5.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by SaulRC1 ().

• I am with the ones who want to remove the vote kick system. I have always thought that a report system like the one we have on CS:GO and Rocket League would be a good replacement, that is if the Game Masters join more frecuently, of course.

Anyways, the vote kick abuse is a problem that must be confronted ASAP, this is actually chasing the new players away, which is pretty bad to the game, as the state it is right now.

Yeah. People kick newbies like it is nothing. Meanwhile that other guy is aimbotting like no tomorrow and no one even starts a VK even when everyone talks about it in the chat.

• I think VK is fine. Its just abused like any other system that is implemented. Report or otherwise. If 6/8 or 8/10 players push Y to kick out a newbie that just says a lot about the community. VK has its pros and cons.

Nobody wants to play with a team mate afk 25 mins during a match or some one who is extremely rude or a troll. Also unplayable laggers and the occasional script kiddie tends to jump into matches.

I personally seen vk put into more good use than abused even though I been kicked for responding to dms on discord before (afk yea?) but online communties will always be toxic.

Newbies will probably be turned off by a number of other issues relating to this game opposed to being kicked once or twice.