Useful Event

• Dear S4 League staff,
    since there is a 10 year anniversary, why not just make an event, where you can obtain the ''Unique Dual Mastery'' permanently through ingame farming, like the first event.
    It would just be fair, because at least 60% of all players have it already.
    There may be people that say, it would be broken but it's already out there and it's not a really huge difference in comparison with the normal dual. So it would be fair, if everyone has the chance to acquire it. Also people that didn't play in the peroid it first got released.
    Kind regards, Unproven. ^^

• Also more events to make items like insurances and deletes acquirable ingame through playing. This is truly what many player desire in my opinion.

There are not many players like me, that are willing to pay many thousands of € for enchants.

The quiz was also cool, since we were able to win insurances. :thumbup:

• You could get those enchant delete / insurances a longer time ago, when those events with the tokens and the boxes were still around. Would be really cool to see this kind of event come back, because the prices were really neat. A unique dual mastery as the last reward (like 300 Tokens) would be a good idea too. ^^

• Permanent - yes.

That particular skill - no. The game is already broken as it is. Or at least nerf it to 22/22 before adding it.

Skill of choice would be nice imo, because how do you obtain perm skills (outside of hp,block and anch from pet caps).

// balance discussion dual mastery: normal dual to 15hp/20sp, unique 17/22

• Its amusing how people define broken these days.

Hella: "Something that makes other skills pointless is broken'"

Everyone: "If people don't have access to it is broken"

UDM is one of the skills are meant for rusher. Being punish for carrying the ball. Rusher needs a skill that help them and that UDM. A rusher should a have skill that is rewarding, not to punish. The skill is fine shouldn't be touch. Other than that we should gain more access to it instead the pay wall.

• You see, these are 2 different things. Not having access to something indeed makes it broken for those who don't have it. That is true.

However if the item is OP, giving it to everyone is not the solution since it will break the balance in the game.

Why would anyone use any of the other skills if they can just use 1 skill that is better than the rest.

I.e. why anyone woudl use HP or SP mastery skill if the unique dual mastery is almost as good as both skills combined together?

It will be like the rail gun situation. Everyone uses it cuz it is op and accessible too. But being accessible doedn't make it balanced weapon.

• 1)No, you just using poor word choice to define something that isnt broken.

2)Giving people more access would break the balance? Seem like you really don't want people have it. Dont really believe it would break anything.

3) How people choose different skills is up for them that fit their style. If there something better. People move on to a better one. That's the principle of things that apply in RL.

• Why would anyone use any of the other skills if they can just use 1 skill that is better than the rest.

I don't think this is true. People would still use HP Skill because

you'll have 5HP more than with Unique Dual Mastery.

And ignore the fact that you would have with Unique Dual Mastery more SP.

In my opinion, HP Skill would still be used by other players.
    Same with SP Skill, they will ignore the fact, that you don't have HP but would still use it because it has 15SP more than Unique Dual Mastery.

Permanent - yes.

That particular skill - no. The game is already broken as it is. Or at least nerf it to 22/22 before adding it.

This will make the Skill Garbage, I disagree to nerf it down to 22/22. I think, it should stay 25/25, as it is.
    Why is it a problem?

• How people choose different skills is up for them that fit their style. If there something better. People move on to a better one. That's the principle of things that apply in RL.

Not in games. It is called power creep and it is bad game design to have 1 thing a lot better than others.

don't think this is true. People would still use HP Skill because

you'll have 5HP more than with Unique Dual Mastery.

And ignore the fact that you would have with Unique Dual Mastery more SP.

In my opinion, HP Skill would still be used by other players.

having 25 SP is more beneficial than losing 5HP

• To state my opinion, i feel like Dual Mastery was already the strongest skill in the game, it gives more versatility compared to other skills. So a unique one was destined to be OP. So theres two options i see here. Either leave it as "rare" as it is, and people who have it can enjoy the strength, or nerf it and bring it to most people. My issue with that though is that mainly the effect is quite obnoxious if so many people run around with it. That my just be me though

• To state my opinion, i feel like Dual Mastery was already the strongest skill in the game, it gives more versatility compared to other skills. So a unique one was destined to be OP. So theres two options i see here. Either leave it as "rare" as it is, and people who have it can enjoy the strength, or nerf it and bring it to most people. My issue with that though is that mainly the effect is quite obnoxious if so many people run around with it. That my just be me though

Another option woudl be to have Unique HP mastery and Unique SP mastery skills but I doubt anyone wants more power creep in the game. Scoring in St2 is already way too fast and easy.

• Another option woudl be to have Unique HP mastery and Unique SP mastery

Well my final idea was something like making a unique dual mastery thats split. So a Dual more leaning towards and SP Skill that gives some HP or the other way around. So something like lets say, +15HP and +30 SP, or +25HP and +15SP or some other variants. I'm not sure if that would make sense but something in that direction, not sure if what i said is understandable, but for example for rushers you can take a lesser SP skill that gives you some more survivability but some less SP and the other way round, for a backer to have a some tanking capability but also just a little more SP to clutch something. Maybe thats a direction the unique dual mastery could go. And the players can choose between one of them, something like that.

• Thats not what Hella is referring to. If you have a unique Dual Mastery, there is no reason not to pick it. Which makes it unbalanced. In theory if dodging would be your concern, thats what the SP mastery is for. That is the point of skills. But having one that makes both HP mastery and SP mastery superfluous is to be considered not balanced, right?

• Thats not what Hella is referring to. If you have a unique Dual Mastery, there is no reason not to pick it. Which makes it unbalanced. In theory if dodging would be your concern, thats what the SP mastery is for. That is the point of skills. But having one that makes both HP mastery and SP mastery superfluous is to be considered not balanced, right?

Exactly. The skills should be somewhat equally useful (even if they are not very balanced currently) so you can pick the one that you need and not pick it just because it is better than the rest of the skills.

• It's not reversible anymore.

It is not but they can still keep the amount of ppl who has the skill to minimum so you don't have to play in a room where everyone has only this skill and nothing else.

Eidt: Actually I lied. It is reversible if they rebalance the skill so the others skills to get some use as well.

• It is not but they can still keep the amount of ppl who has the skill to minimum so you don't have to play in a room where everyone has only this skill and nothing else.

Eidt: Actually I lied. It is reversible if they rebalance the skill so the others skills to get some use as well.

Minimum? In Sword rooms, 85% have it, cmon.

• If I have to choose between a oversize phone made in the 90's and a smartphone.

It's obviously what I pick. There always things in life will get replace eventually. But that doesn't mean it's broken.

You are completely missing the point here. All skills should be like choosing a smartphones of the same age not just 1.

if one is better than the others then why do we even have them? lets delete them all then.