The rules

• And what if you're the type to just sit at your keyboard and stare until attacked or something similar for reasons such as being bored by chill / jump rooms.

Is that illegal?

edit: if chill/jump rooms are allowed imo you can never really tell so you might as well just allow the afk-ing in there or ban them all

• And what if you're the type to just sit at your keyboard and stare until attacked or something similar for reasons such as being bored by chill / jump rooms.

Is that illegal?

edit: if chill/jump rooms are allowed imo you can never really tell so you might as well just allow the afk-ing in there or ban them all

Lets just say if a GM PMs you and are you are not there, you may get in trouble.

• Lets just say if a GM PMs you and are you are not there, you may get in trouble.

That's true. I don't judged players so hard because of this rule. If I just see a "Hi" emote as example, it is enough for me. But If I ask players and I don't get a single reaction........Then the player get in trouble because of "AFK"-Farming.

And what if you're the type to just sit at your keyboard and stare until attacked or something similar for reasons such as being bored by chill / jump rooms.

Is that illegal?

No it is not illegal but you should be able to do a single reaction like an "HI" emote as example. Remember the first word after "Chill Rooms/Farm Rooms". The rule also means you shouldn't create room names like Chill, Farm, chatting and flirt.

• about this,can there be a mode in the future that just allows chatting and casual duels among each other?sometimes i just want to chill and i dont even care abt xp or pen.just a suggestion for ppl who just like to chill in game

• about this,can there be a mode in the future that just allows chatting and casual duels among each other?sometimes i just want to chill and i dont even care abt xp or pen.just a suggestion for ppl who just like to chill in game

I've been stating for years to no avail that if they want to rid the game of chill rooms to stop players from gaining EXP in a way they are not meant to get it, they should make a open lobby mode (kinda like how Freejack Online does) where players can make free lobbies to practice jumps, shoot & bash people as freely as they want to train without all the problems of people gaining ill-gained EXP. But hey, what do I know, I'm just some former Alaplaya GM who has some experience in game design. <_<

atstrikewitchsig.png

Mikuru // EX-EN Alaplaya GM of S4 League // Retired S4 League Player

The post was edited 1 time, last by MikuruX ().

• I've been stating for years to no avail that if they want to rid the game of chill rooms to stop players from gaining EXP in a way they are not meant to get it, they should make a open lobby mode (kinda like how Freejack Online does) where players can make free lobbies to practice jumps, shoot & bash people as freely as they want to train without all the problems of people gaining ill-gained EXP. But hey, what do I know, I'm just some former Alaplaya GM who has some experience in game design. <_<

just a suggestion for them in the future when they decide to make things better for the players as in their current state i doubt they have the time to implement that into the game lol but yes i agree with u :)

• These rules were meant to avoid the mass afk farm rooms due to the removal of the afk autokick system especialy after what happened in the 2012/3 chrismas event where everyone simply started being afk in siege all the time farming both the event and xp. (Watch Hellas comic chapter 4, it shows how much the issue had a monstrous matter)

28-s4comics4-by-hellafromhell-d8rys3e-jpg

So here is a brief explaination.

Allowed:

Being afk for 1-2 minutes because of toilet or some other emergency like doing a quick fridge raid is fine. (This is why the term sit appeard in s4)
    Doing a duel rooms is fine.

Doing a mission room that doesnt evolve feeding is fine. (Playing a match while completing the objectives)

Doing a jump room is fine. (Teaching and practising jumps)

Not allowed:

Being afk for the entire match or large quantidies of time.

Feeding the other team or each other on purpose. (Letting the enemy kill you for points or letting them score is considered farming)

Chill rooms. (Not practising/teaching jumps or playing the match)

Like Heili said, these rules need an update because after the GMs at the time left, these rules entered a gray area.

For example, the term "chill"

Before, you would play a match but werent that much focused on winning, you would still kill or score but you would also chat alot with the other players.

This was considered chilling as you were more focused on relaxing and chatting, but in the end, the match was still played as the game is intended.

Nowadays the term "chill" turned into matches where the players dont kill, dont score, barely move, barely chat or 100%chat with no gameplay, ence this is not how the game is intended to be.

So pretty much the term "chill room" turned into farm room's twin brother.

Personaly, I wouldnt listen to some GS, while most of them are good people, some of them... I mean... heck... a GS saying that farming is allowed... this is what I meant by gray area.

I wish they would try to update the rules and get the afk autokick system back into the game.

• Idk i just dont see how players cant spend the effort to load up this -1 game just to sit in a room to press spacebar and enter. such an eyesore

hurry up and edit the rules and ban chill/jump rooms, if they want to spacebar and chill go do that in s4 discord or some -1like that