My experience - Why I don't really feel like playing anymore

• Well...

People that were also active in the old forum already know about this threads I opened from time to time. And because Hella meant in the past my "My experience - Beginner Channel EN1" thread should have been in General Discussions, I'm gonna make this one here, because I think some people can comprehend it at least to some point.

As I already mentioned in the "railgun" thread I don't really feel like playing anymore.

And before I start here I want to make the note that this is not a flame thread or some sort of it. I only write down my experiences as I see them. And I just feel like doing it, nothing more.

Let's start about myself. I started playing s4 league back in the open beta. I started with "unlimited", played later on a long time "sword only" and ended up again in "unlimited". The modes I prefer to play are/were Touch Down, Chaser, Captain and Siege. So it is going to be more or less around "unlimited" and the modes I mentioned.

Touch Down

Well what should I write here. It is the mode where I spent most of my playtime I guess. It is the obvious problem. The rooms are what a surprise TD ST2 rooms. It is not like I dislike this map at all. I had many games on this map but playing it over and over and over... It gets boring. I honestly can't play 2 games in a row on this map without getting bored anymore.

When I open a "unlimited" room and I choose the map tunnel (usually) it doesn't take like forever that people are joining. Playing the round until the time is over (what is the case most of the time) and after this people are leaving instantly. Well it wouldn't really be a problem if new people are joining but nobody is (whyever). It also doesn't really help to make a "Map Rota" room.

Death Match

I was never the kind of player that was focusing on this mode mainly, but from time to time it is just nice to play it like every mode. The problem with it is more or less that 1. there are no "unlimited" DM rooms open at all or 2. there is nobody joining the room or 3. you are going to join a "sword only" DM room and end up in a Jump Room. I guess thats more or less it.

Chaser

Chaser unlimited got recently killed by a certain weapon so there are not really "unlimited" chaser rooms anymore. And I can understand that. I don't feel like getting spammened in a corner while beeing chaser unable to do anything as much as hitting the chaser with my rifles and seeing the enemy getting spammed by it. It is just like that. In "sword only" there are some rooms open but like 1/4 of the room is just afk there. And the map "Alice house" is just perfect because you can't hit the afk chaser or getting him voted out because other people are afk as well...

Captain, Siege, Battle Royal, etc

Well the other modes. While they are beeing good they have their own problems. I think you know more or less of them. The thing is you won't really find a room of them or a room of them where people actually play. I'm not online to be in a "Jump room" or a "Farm room". If other people do so it is their thing and I have nothing against such rooms but I'm online to play. It is a game. I mean it is here to be played right? These modes can be fun if you play em like they are used to be!

Community

Yeah! Now everyone of you get a piece of the cake! Nah just kidding.

In Game

The main reason I stopped playing "sword only" is not because of the mode itself, it is because of the community. I don't point at you with my finger and say everyone is like that but the "sword only" community is full of "ego" players and people that are insulting each other at least in the TD mode where I spent most of my time. You also have these "black sheeps" in the "unlimited" mode but honestly said it is not so much there.

In Game - Votekick

This is something I can understand but can't understand at the same time. There are new players that want to play the game and because they are not as good as other players they getting votekicked. I can understand that this game is about competition and that you want to win your game, but you can't just blame a person because he/she has not so much experience. Kicking newer players all the time out is dumb (sorry but it is). While you got the experience he/she doesn't get the chance at all to get some of it. It is also killing the game believe it or not.

- Just something that happened to me recently was: One of my teammates wanted to kick an amateur player out. I told him I won't press y. He started to insult me and asked me "if I can enjoy this round with a player weak like this that is like doing nothing?" My answer was kinda obvious (at least for me xD) "sure I can enjoy it with him but not with someone like you. If you have a problem with it just leave the room". Blocklisted him and end of the story (not sure if this is interesting xD)

Forum and Discord

Even if this is not really a point why I don't feel like playing anymore but I just wanted to mention it.

The forum and Discord is mostly here to help people with problems and to gather Feedback. Sure it is also nice to have some contact with the CMs and GSs but mostly it is here for the point mentioned. So (even if I have my phases (I'm also just a human xD)) please be nice and respectfull as much as you can. There are people that have some different point of view that you suggest. Respect at least constructive feedback.

I guess that's more or less it. Maybe I'm gonna edit it if I feel like I miss something. For people that think I'm going to quit or telling me I should just quit, up before: No I won't, maybe later. I'm just not as much online as I'm used to be.

And at the end: Sorry for my english I'm austrian ^^

• I couldn't agree more on the game-related topics, but I think it's not as bad when it comes to the ccommunity. I'm mostly playing Chaser, and I've made some really good friends in that mode. I haven't really seen toxic people in this mode (the small exceptions being some players in either Circle-2 or Alice House).

I try to focus more on the positive than on the negative.

Also, I know it's dumb to ban certain weapons, but when I want to play unlimited, I HAVE to make the title "No rail gun". Maybe try that?

• OS TD is indeed toxic af, full of ego players and tollers, its sad if this is what we get then o well...gotta go with it. I also could say im one of those ego plebs but I never start being toxic for no reason. Ofc if there is some toxic f@g coming at me, I will sometimes go all out and make him rq at the end of the day.

About kicking amatuers, me and my mate always been in games where its been me and him and bunch of newbies, we didnt back out or kick them even doe the enemy team looked much stronger, but you always know the scenario where that enemy team start talking sh*t because you play good, have a hard time going through the TDs but you can see your newbie team is not chatting, just trying their best even though if its not much and trying to get better. These players are nice to play with.

• maybe they can implement some type of tutorial in game to teach them how they can use their weapons in a more advanced way and maybe add a shadow bot(some kind of bot that doesn't have collision with players) that shows tricks and jumps that you can do in the map they choose.as for the current community,if you've taken a liking to OS td,make sure you dont "lag"(im from asia so w.e i get kicked like 90% of the time even though they forcelag to kill me anyways and im the one who gets called lag and kicked for it :) ) and just accept that there will be toxic ppl around that particular mode,i block all of them who are toxic causing me to not able to open my friend list without being crashed because i have so many ppl blocked(i find it funny xD) welp hf OS communities be toxic while u can before the purge of your OS rooms(sarcasm)

• As a player who dedicated most of its time on Chaser, i can sadly confirm what you're saying. I can't sincerely agree more with you, yet there is one thing that makes chaser worth yet. And that is the fact that you can manage to create a match with something different apart from the typical office alice and circle.

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• Well it's nice to see that people are still reading this "ton of text"^^

As I mentioned I already made a thread about the Beginner Channel. It was basically me making a new acc and checking out the beginner channel. If you guys are interested in it because I know most of you probably didn't read it at the old forum I can try to remake it. I think most of it is still in my head. Just let me know^^

But first to you guys :)

Hella_Hell Votekick is really a problem. If I remember right I meantioned it in the Beginner Channel thread as well.

RasetsuToMukuro Yeah the community is more chill in chaser rooms. I was mostly refering to the sword only TD mode because it is the mode where I have the most playtime. No I don't ban weapons out of my rooms. Sure there are some "op" weapons but this is for me the devs fault. If people enjoy playing with railgun they should be free to use it.

Pain It's nice to read that you don't kick the new players. For me the toxic community was just too much after some time. I still can enjoy some sword only rounds, especially the TD Passmode with the disable stats function can be really fun to play.

Xane Well what should I say. I wrote in the Beginner Channel thread also that this so called "tutorials" are just useless. Everytime it got changed it got worse.

.Holy.Claymore Well yes it is. But the older maps are completely forgotten (at least I feel like this). Haven't seen a Temple O room since years in the Netsphere channel. The last time I played this map was in the chaser tournament xD

nightmarish5 I know that feeling and can't disagree.

• Pain It's nice to read that you don't kick the new players. For me the toxic community was just too much after some time. I still can enjoy some sword only rounds, especially the TD Passmode with the disable stats function can be really fun to play.

I even leave them in my room and play with them. I kick whoever is being toxic doe, but most of them leaves because im too good :S

• or you leave cause they cable td on you :^)
    and B3mo i meant like proper tutorials not the current ones where it literally teaches nothing but things that babies know how to do

not even that would help them. They dont even have the chance to touch the ball lelele

• .Holy.Claymore Well yes it is. But the older maps are completely forgotten (at least I feel like this). Haven't seen a Temple O room since years in the Netsphere channel. The last time I played this map was in the chaser tournament xD

Well well, time to bring back some life to Chaser

The only good monster is the one that is dead.

- Goblin Slayer Veteran Hunter

• Thanks for taking your time to write all this in such a good manner!

Votekick is going into the next pm letter's feedback form.

As for different mods and maps being played, unfortunately there are no easy solutions for this. That said, it's something that's definitely in my radar. We have some short and long terms ideas but currently we aren't close to implementation.

• Votekick is going into the next pm letter's feedback form.

Nice even though the community is probably not the best place to ask when it is about exploiting stuff (cuz lets face it, the ppl like exploiting stuff when they can).

Some things should be done out of necessity. The vk is preventing new players to enjoy the game.

• The thing is that there are solutions for most of these problems.

First, there should be a way for a person who gets kick abused to at least report the person that started the kick, trust me on this, there is nothing like a timed ban to make sure brats stop kicking new players.

Got no idea how many times people start kicking a player with the lowest score of their own team just because the enemy scored one touchdown.

Second, this afk frenzy did not happen in the past that much, sure there was people that went afk, but that was mostly to be brb bathroom, answer phonecall or something like that, and there was actualy an autokick that kicked those who stayed afk for I think it was 3 min, unfortualy, -bip- devs removed it for no reason other than promote farming/afk.

Third, then theres the weapon complaining, yes some people here will say that I am an hypocrit, but heck, with any bloody hell land as my witness, I lost count of how many times when I dont complain about weapons to only then have some -bip- complain about mine while they or their team is using something that might even be way worse. (Especialy when some ret@rd thinks that scoring with boots is easy when theres 3 railguns/bombs/other things defending, but then again, I dont even boost speed 99.9% of the time as my right mouse button is broken.)

Fourth, theres one thing you havent mentioned, and thats the freezes.

I host room, 1 or 2 friend join, we start match with only 2 or 3 people because this comunity doesnt know the meaning of joining a room before the start of a match.

Then its

FREEZE AS***E enters, AS***E leaves,

FREEZE player 4 enter,

FREEZE AS***E enter,

FREEZE player 5 enter, AS***E leaves,

player 4 DC,

FREEZE player 6 enter,

FREEZE AS***E enter,

FREEZE AS***E enter,

AS***E leaves,

AS***E leaves,

Match ends and player 5 leave.

Me and the those who remain wait for more people and none joins

Second match starts,

FREEZE player 5 returns

FREEZE AS***E enter,

AS***E leaves,

FREEZE AS***E enter,

AS***E leaves,

FREEZE player 4 returns

Match ends and player 5 and 4 leave

Third match, same repeats and 4 and 5 rejoin only after match starts giving more FREEZE AND FREEZE AND FREEZE.

Did I wro-FREEZE-te too mu-FREEZE-ch and ruin yo-Freeze-ur rea-Freeze-ading of this sen-FREEZE-ten-FREEZE-ce. ?

Well, now FREEZE you FREEZE know FREEZE how FREEZE I FREEZE feel FREEZE when FREEZE i FREEZE try Freeze to FREEEZE play FREEZE this FREEZE game.

Welp, done here with my complains, cya in a few days.

ps: You missed my temple-o map room a few days ago.

• 대부분의 유저는 레벨을 너무 많이보고 (S4 레벨이 있다면 대부분 팀을 점프해 버립니다) 아마추어가 생각외로 스킬이 높은경우, 핵으로 생각하고 Vote Kick 하는 경향이 너무 강합니다. 비기너채널(서버)의 경우 핵이 너무 많고..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Komaru* ().

• 대부분의 유저는 레벨을 너무 많이보고 (S4 레벨이 있다면 대부분 팀을 점프해 버립니다) 아마추어가 생각외로 스킬이 높은경우, 핵으로 생각하고 Vote Kick 하는 경향이 너무 강합니다. 비기너채널(서버)의 경우 핵이 너무 많고..

First, please write in English.

Second, it's true, the players change to the other team based on the levels in the room, believing that they have more chances to win.

• the veteran players usually know names of the better players its not necessarily the higher level players,well the newer players would choose to be on the same team as the higher level players though some of them are clearly not any good

• I totally agree with you on every point from st2 to farming of siege.

I remember when modes like siege and warfare where first released there were plenty of rooms and everyone was enjoying playing it.

Now i can't find a single room of those modes where people are playing to just have fun instead of farming it

• Needless to say that same will go for BR mode too. I only see so many people playing on that mode a month.

BR wasn't very popular to begin with but Siege may pass it first. Also chaser is the next one to follow since the only chaser rooms I see are by some guy who is teamming with his friends in it every time.

• Well then they need to make something with the mode or the map to make people stick to it and make them play it constantly.

That "something" is actually the problem. How to make ppl to actually play those.

The weekend events are nice and all but ppl just refuse to play normally unless it is st2.

• That "something" is actually the problem. How to make ppl to actually play those.

The weekend events are nice and all but ppl just refuse to play normally unless it is st2.

changing the mode itself and taking time on it while doing then putting out newsletter that the mode has been updated that could help

give newbie offers for playing the updated mode and send email to all registered users