Windows 10 FPS drops from 60 to 30

• So basically my FPS drops from 60 to 30 and i have to switch between the game and my desktop so it's giving me cancer
    i deleted most of windows updates which were updated recently. so i guess it's happening because one of my hardware stands by while playing

i have those updates installed : KB256063-Microsoft visual C++2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219
    KB256063-Microsoft visual C++2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219

so should i update my drivers or what? and how?

• Is it necessary to restore the updates which i deleted? I mean they were for windows security and i don't use windows security anyway!

You can try installing the drivers first but if you run the updates you may have to check for drivers again after that.

Also security updates fixes flaws in the OS even if you are using another antivirus. If uninstalling them didn't fix your issue with the game, it is better to have them installed.

• Open the game folder, right click on s4client.exe -> Troubleshot compatibility ->Troubleshoot Program -> The program worked with earlier versions of windows

Select another OS and test the program to finish the process (s4client.exe will give an error cuz the game can only be run from the launcher).

After that start the game from patcher_s4.exe to play.

• I had the same issue and I'm win 10 user
    -Check The program compatibility , Right click on Game Client , in compatibility tab Check the compatibility mode and Select win 8.
    If that doesn't work , Download Speed fan , a really mini program but actually helpful somewhat to determine whether you have thermal throttling or not provided that the temperature goes up during the gameplay as you may have to clean your internal specs.

-Adding the game ''patcher s4 , S4 client'' to Firewall exceptions is also necessary.

-Make sure your windows Junk files are all binned and there's enough space in C drive.

-During playing , Try opening Task manager, proceed to performance tab and click on Resource monitor, That would help you to display all programs running in the background that may affect CPU , Memory or even your network performance , Just suspend what's not needed especially '' Svchost.exe '' as it continuously keeps updating your win 10 with some bunk features.

Hopefully that works :)

• I had the same issue and I'm win 10 user
    -Check The program compatibility , Right click on Game Client , in compatibility tab Check the compatibility mode and Select win 8.
    If that doesn't work , Download Speed fan , a really mini program but actually helpful somewhat to determine whether you have thermal throttling or not provided that the temperature goes up during the gameplay as you may have to clean your internal specs.

-Adding the game ''patcher s4 , S4 client'' to Firewall is also necessary.

-Make sure your windows Junk files are all binned and there's enough space in C driver.

-During playing , Try opening Task manager, proceed to performance tab and click on Resource monitor, That would help you to display all programs running in the background that may affect CPU , Memory or even your network performance , Just suspend what's not needed especially '' Svchost.exe '' as it continuously keeps updating your win 10 with some bunk features.

Hopefully that works

thank you .i will try that next time i open