Remove .... ?

• Since #General Discussion is pretty much dead let me start another discussion.

How do you feel about removing Pity in the game, or making it optional at the moment you create a room?

I have no idea how you can make it optional but if that's possible cool.

• Hell, no. It is what makes the match going. Maybe only have it as a special rule for tournaments that can be set by GMs.

Also they should bring back the damage pity in DM if there is 10 points difference.

It is just pointless joining a lost match and keep playing when you can just leave and it will have the same result minus screwing up your k/d.

• Since #General Discussion is pretty much dead let me start another discussion.

How do you feel about removing Pity in the game, or making it optional at the moment you create a room?

I have no idea how you can make it optional but if that's possible cool.

I definitely agree, such a bonus should not exist in competitive games. If one team is better, let them be better and win. Not only does such a system lead to time waste, it's also unfair. Everyone should have the same starting conditions each round.

• I definitely agree, such a bonus should not exist in competitive games. If one team is better, let them be better and win. Not only does such a system lead to time waste, it's also unfair. Everyone should have the same starting conditions each round.

That would work for a competitive mode or tournaments but not for the current play simply because everyone will just leave when they start losing since there will be a no chance of a comeback. Imagine you are joining a room that is 7:0 and there is no pity enabled. Would you really want to stay and waste your time when you can just rq and find a better match? You sill lose no matter what so why anyone woudl want to waste their time with that lost match?

Heck, most ppl already rq a match even with the current system.

• That's mainly because players don't use the room system as it was intended to be used originally.

The very basic idea of a room system is for players to organize themselves, which means not only in terms of team balancing, but also making sure that the room is filled with people before the match starts. If players would be able to do those two simple things, there would be no problem in turning off the boost effect.

• That's mainly because players don't use the room system as it was intended to be used originally.

The very basic idea of a room system is for players to organize themselves, which means not only in terms of team balancing, but also making sure that the room is filled with people before the match starts. If players would be able to do those two simple things, there would be no problem in turning off the boost effect.

Thats true bro. And I also agree with you. People don't even bother too become better yet they rely on pity to push them back.

• You might haven't know this. Pitty was remove before. The kr devs made a burning system replacing pitty. But It didn't last long. People made rage post wanted it back and hating the new system. So they return it and made the burning system a option that no one ever going use.

Using experience from past. Yeah not a great idea.

• You might haven't know this. Pitty was remove before. The kr devs made a burning system replacing pitty. But It didn't last long. People made rage post wanted it back and hating the new system. So they return it and made the burning system a option that no one ever going use.

Using experience from past. Yeah not a great idea.

Actually the burning system was merged with the pity. It showed exactly what kind of buffs are active during pity but they removed the indicators when they reworked the burning system to optional and made it be as it was before.

• from all the things that could be removed he chooses pity. the only thing that help players who enter a loosing team have a chance of winning. I thought this post would be about smth important.

1-

That's mainly because players don't use the room system as it was intended to be used originally.

if you mean the shuffle button, that wont work in 2018 cause I know ppl who are more pro than me and play with A rank accounts and other players who aren't that pro but have high level accounts due to farming so shuffling would not make it balanced. and also in the room system if the room is 8v8 and you start the game 2 v 2 the next player who enters will be put in the loosing team by default. and the second "simple" thing you talked about "waiting for players", in 2018 only os rooms get filled easily, players like me and hella ((gunners)) we create a room 4v4 5v5 etc it gets filled in like 30 mins minimum which is also a waste of time. which do you think is better wasting time when ur playing or wasting time waiting for the room to fill ?

• Hell, no. It is what makes the match going. Maybe only have it as a special rule for tournaments that can be set by GMs.

Also they should bring back the damage pity in DM if there is 10 points difference.

It is just pointless joining a lost match and keep playing when you can just leave and it will have the same result minus screwing up your k/d.

No, its not the thing that keep the match going, its the fact you are about to lose and already screw up your KD by either joining an already going match or playing against people. Either way, removing pity would be a good thing to keep the game more fair, of course, its not possible because of the p2w factor because you most likely lose because of your disadvantage about hp, def, attack, ms difference and removing pity makes you lose your little advantage to come back. But how would pity make you come back when pity only exist until there is a 2 td difference. Is it the fact, that its a comeback that makes you wanna try even harder but why not the other way around? Your winrate, kd - stats are all dropping IF anyone even cares about such things. You are about to lose your average points is 100 and right now its 45 and you gonna lose anyway, I see people leaving the match to prevent the average points going down and still maintain that and you simply only lose xp, pen and your winrate drops. Its not a big loss or does it matter to lose 2-3k xp, 500 pen*. I agree to remove pity, how would it change for you to come back. Pity might give more damage, more/less usage sp but you lost that when you do 2 td. You cant avoid that loss alone by yourself

• No, its not the thing that keep the match going, its the fact you are about to lose and already screw up your KD by either joining an already going match or playing against people. Either way, removing pity would be a good thing to keep the game more fair, of course, its not possible because of the p2w factor because you most likely lose because of your disadvantage about hp, def, attack, ms difference and removing pity makes you lose your little advantage to come back. But how would pity make you come back when pity only exist until there is a 2 td difference. Is it the fact, that its a comeback that makes you wanna try even harder but why not the other way around? Your winrate, kd - stats are all dropping IF anyone even cares about such things. You are about to lose your average points is 100 and right now its 45 and you gonna lose anyway, I see people leaving the match to prevent the average points going down and still maintain that and you simply only lose xp, pen and your winrate drops. Its not a big loss or does it matter to lose 2-3k xp, 500 pen*. I agree to remove pity, how would it change for you to come back. Pity might give more damage, more/less usage sp but you lost that when you do 2 td. You cant avoid that loss alone by yourself

Pity gives you a chance for a come back. You also can make more points because of the damage and the sp pity. It also makes the game more interesting for the enemies even when they have total dominance.

With no pity you you can just leave the match right away and you will suffer less damages than if you stay to the end.

The pity is the equivalent of overtime in Overwatch.

• As a player who has total dominance in most of my (public)matches I have to say that pity is the most annoying thing ever. Making a game last even more longer than it has to be, uninteresting and not enjoyable.

For example the score is 3-0 for my team than it becomes 3-1 and then we go 5-1 and then they go 5-3 and then we go 7-3 and then they go 7-5 and then we go 9-5 and then they go 9-7 and then we go 10-7.

• As a player who has total dominance in most of my (public)matches I have to say that pity is the most annoying thing ever. Making a game last even more longer than it has to be, uninteresting and not enjoyable.

For example the score is 3-0 for my team than it becomes 3-1 and then we go 5-1 and then they go 5-3 and then we go 7-3 and then they go 7-5 and then we go 9-5 and then they go 9-7 and then we go 10-7.

So you find it more fun to have 10 matches that lasts less than 2 mins instead of having 1 30 mins match?

• I don't really care if i win and what becomes of my statistics tbh. Joining a losing match is no trouble imo.

What i consider trouble though is falling back early, farming points like crazy in comparison to the other team, tie TDs in 2nd half and win because of the huge point advantage. Maybe it is because of me, that this is not that rare of a case in the games i play.

If a game is totally dominated, better end the misery imo, and perhaps shuffle teams afterwards. Playing on a 4+ pity feels so wrong. like yes you do the damage and often times still get crushed.. just a lot slower. (this might be a side-effect of highranks grouping up against public though, i cannot tell)

At least for competitive matches (and for being able to do training towards those) I (though i'll make a point for pity some lines later) ther should be a possibility here.

I'd be fine with making it optional. It is not like ppl wouldn't join your room (you could make it a visible room-property-column in the channel-lobby just to clarify - should be "on" by default)

New players might benefit from pity, but the votekick to them is a much bigger threat than losing the pity. (if it was made optional, and the default was to be with pity - new players creating a room wouldn't have the trouble here)

• I will just say if it is not broken, don't fix it.

The pity has been in the game since the beginning even though it was optional at some point if i remember correctly. yet most ppl still played with pity on unless it was a tournament.

I think (but maybe i am wrong) that point in time required you to make a pw to remove the pity (as arbitrary as it sounds). I'd be fine with that.

• I don't remember exactly how it was but I don't mind being optional as far as it is not removed completely.

agreed

/* what just crossed my mind is: It would be nice to have a message somewhere stating that it's active and to which team it is active (like some part of the HUD, i think bottom left has still some space for for example a green or red +3 or +4). Does not need to be big, wouldn't even be that much coding work. */

• agreed

/* what just crossed my mind is: It would be nice to have a message somewhere stating that it's active and to which team it is active (like some part of the HUD, i think bottom left has still some space for for example a green or red +3 or +4). Does not need to be big, wouldn't even be that much coding work. */

When they were adding the burning system there were also symbols displayed for the pity system but all of it got removed for some reason when they changed how the burning buff works.

• Late post here, sorry about that.

I think the damage pity was a good system when it was in place, it kept the match going and players that were behind, would feel that they can put up a fight.

All that doesn't matter if you think competitively, but it is very important for new players and a sense of accomplishment.

It also could change the tide of battle sometimes :D

The statement that a better player shouldn't be killed by a player that isn't as good, think stats. I think the dmg pity system is a system way better in terms of fairness.