S4 League ​#1: Prelude

• Ok wait, i gotta assimilate this.

THE-WORLD.gif?resize=500%2C278

You are telling me, us, that making a comic is virtually useless because? Your point is only about complaining and that's it, you don't care what is it that they do, you'll complain because that's what you are living for or that is what you showed on the forums since you came. Try to enjoy the things that can come out of S4 if you enjoy such game that much! This comic can mean a big thing later on if everything goes right. If you don't care about other media based on S4 then i don't know why you are still hanging around the forums.

Now i'm gonna beg to pardon me for anyone else that understands it but i have to say it

Quitate la arena del trasero

58j2WKc.png

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shanic ().

• I rather be a complainer than being an unreal optimist guy when all facts are against me. (i describe you right now if you didn't noticed it)

This game is all wrong but hey, we got a comic, gj. You guys seems to not understand (or just don't want to accept it ? You may not like the fact that people are getting angry about S4 state (which is obv normal, you would knows it if you connected yourself IG sometimes and if you were playing this game since years).

"Try to enjoy the things that can come out of S4 if you enjoy such game that much!"

Thanks for the laugh, why would i argue with someone who's anyway in such lost about S4. Nothing is coming from S4 since years. And don't start to say things like: ''If you don't like the game you cant just quit it". We would all already left it if there was a similar game to S4 league. But unfortunaly there's no one who got a similar gameplay. So we're still here.

Yeah we're complaining but we got every rights to do so, if you don't like it you have the choice to leave the forum. If you guys don't like facts that we are saying that's none of our business. But it's still facts. But i'll not leave this forum just because you want it. This is what a forum is for. Arguing about things.

So yeah, i'm saying a comic is useless right now, this is not what the game needs at it state. And if they got money to pay people creating comics, they better use it to get some others devs. Because this is what this game needs right now, We're almost in mid-september with a playerbase of 400 the week. And still no real patches in horizon.

• And you think you are the only one that knows what's wrong with the game and you believe you are the only one that dislikes the actual state of it. We all here know that lmfao. At the moment is useless to complain about something that people has been complaining about 6 years since IT'S MORE THAN ACKNOWLEDGED already, stop talking as if S4 was your child, it is not. It's just a game that we, more or less than others, care about but that doesn't mean you have the right to go all around on EVERY KIND of topic to throw some salty. If your life is on the game, look, aight it's your life, but others don't have to pay up for your high salt levels on your blood.

You wanna complain? Then you are more than free to open a topic that has NOTHING TO DO with a good comic that just got released. And buy some patience, you are not the only one waiting for something good to happen to the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=10534102

Such a party pooper, man.

• If you guys don't like facts that we are saying that's none of our business. But it's still facts. But i'll not leave this forum just because you want it. This is what a forum is for. Arguing about things.

So you're saying everything you say is a fact and everyone who disagrees should leave the forum. How exactly is this "arguing about things"?

Nice comic btw. I'm used to Marvel's and DC's quality and this one doesn't have to shy away.

• Well, seems that complaining and blaming fix all these problems, but hope they find a fix for complainers xD.

• Guys I feel your pain with the state of the game, I been playing since 2010 and everytime i log on s4as of late i am almost instantly reminded why I rarely play anymore. But treat the comic as a seperate entity for what its worth.

It's actually a neat piece of work. Stop tiyng this art and the state of the game in the same knot.....(comic was awesome btw).

• Im gonna get more hate for saying this but... I kinda dislike the comic, it seems to be rushing what happened in the seasons and kinda leaves a bad taste of korean/chinese artwork/text that I would get from a mawna or whatever its name is.

Also if you gonna have 2 narrators, put different color text on them or use a font.

I do prefer black&white.

Actualy, is there any chance of you adding a black&white version? :D

• Wait, isn't this plot basically a partial rip of the lore thread I posted? So you do have access to it and just chose not to re-post it? GG Aeria such integrity.

But like Holy said above; this is way too condensed. Just re-post my thread since you obviously have it and use that properly. I don't mind, but don't try to play this off as if I didn't compile the story for you.

I mean, you straight up left out the Arcade and Blade sections, too. That's the Leaguers' backstory. You can't just omit that.

• Wait, isn't this plot basically a partial rip of the lore thread I posted? So you do have access to it and just chose not to re-post it? GG Aeria such integrity.

But like Holy said above; this is way too condensed. Just re-post my thread since you obviously have it and use that properly. I don't mind, but don't try to play this off as if I didn't compile the story for you.

I mean, you straight up left out the Arcade and Blade sections, too. That's the Leaguers' backstory. You can't just omit that.

Maybe you can quote which part is the same?

if it was a contents thread it is stated in the rules that aeria can use all of it as promotional material.

• Maybe you can quote which part is the same?

I can't quote it because they wiped everything from the old forums and won't let us view the archive. The company has it, not us. Afaik they don't even let the GMs access the archive threads. I wrote like 10 or so paragraphs of story, including every season, and how Dominic vs World vs Leaguers happened, explained the Arcade NPCs presence in Blade and beyond, and so on. I can't just retype all of that 1:1, it was very detailed.

The only thing different in the comic is that they retconned the official lore about Zerone being from an ancient civilization, and they changed who is in charge and basically make it sound like Unions were for getting the Leaguers to betray Lilith which isn't how the actual plot of the game went (if anything, Unions were fighting Dominic and World both).

• The only thing different in the comic is that they retconned the official lore about Zerone being from an ancient civilization, and they changed who is in charge and basically make it sound like Unions were for getting the Leaguers to betray Lilith which isn't how the actual plot of the game went (if anything, Unions were fighting Dominic and World both).

Esper guard is this:

asdsadasda.jpg

not the leaguers.

About the Zerone code, it is ancient but all this takes place within the Netswphere (build by the World by request from Dominic)

It is also created by the World to destroy the Netsphere when they see the Dominic aren't using the Netsphere for the intended purpose.

asdasdsadasdasdsad.jpg

• Esper guard is this:

asdsadasda.jpg

not the leaguers.

About the Zerone code, it is ancient but all this takes place within the Netswphere (build by the World by request from Dominic)

I didn't say anything about the Esper guard. The comic got the esper guard lore right. The Unions are made up of Leaguers, the comic also got that right. But the comic says that the zerone code was developed as a failsafe or something which is wrong, it's from an ancient civilization, and implementing it into the netsphere altered the netsphere to replicate its contents, which is what unleashed Ophelia.

• I didn't say anything about the Esper guard. The comic got the esper guard lore right. The Unions are made up of Leaguers, the comic also got that right. But the comic says that the zerone code was developed as a failsafe or something which is wrong, it's from an ancient civilization, and implementing it into the netsphere altered the netsphere to replicate its contents, which is what unleashed Ophelia.

I edited my post about the zeron code. It is taken directly from the game.

I assume they presented it as "ancient" from the viewpoint of the Leaguers (us) within the Netsphere who didn't know what it is at the time of when season 1 was introduced.

• Those tidbits in the game are false. They contradict the information given when the seasons were released. When the seasons were released, they told us straight up that Zerone was from an ancient civilization and they wanted to learn about that civilization so they tested it in the netsphere, it broke out and altered the rest of the netsphere. Don't trust those tooltips in-game; they weren't properly researched.

• Those tidbits in the game are false. They contradict the information given when the seasons were released. When the seasons were released, they told us straight up that Zerone was from an ancient civilization and they wanted to learn about that civilization so they tested it in the netsphere, it broke out and altered the rest of the netsphere. Don't trust those tooltips in-game; they weren't properly researched.

yes but this is the only official kind of source that we got. if it has been altered it was done by the kr dev team themselves.

Most of it matches with the original so the way how it was presented may just differs (at that point in time we knew nothing about the world or dominic. we only knew what happens in the netsphere)

• yes but this is the only official kind of source that we got. if it has been altered it was done by the kr dev team themselves.

False. The information about it being from an ancient civilization is in the actual Season 1 trailers. That is much more official than the current employees that replaced the old ones without being given the proper information.

In fact, the story I made that's 10+ paragraphs is derived from in-game content and official content like trailers, real canon not the nonsense they makeshift put in those things in-game recently to make it sound like they know about the story of the game, which they don't.

I even integrated the original backlore of the game that was posted during its Alaplaya days. Most of this stuff is either on the wiki or on youtube. It's not even hard to research.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Rezilia ().

• False. The information about it being from an ancient civilization is in the actual Season 1 trailers. That is much more official than the current employees that replaced the old ones without being given the proper information.

In fact, the story I made that's 10+ paragraphs is derived from in-game content and official content like trailers, real canon not the nonsense they makeshift put in those things in-game recently to make it sound like they know about the story of the game, which they don't.

Ok, but lets stop and think about it.

The story of s4 is known for blending real life events into the story. All of this is taking place in the Netsphere. In the story, the Netshpere itself is build in the time period of 1996-2007. This means everything within it is not older than 1996. With this in mind no real ancient civilization could build such a code if the Netshere didn't even exists at that time.

Imo all this "ancient civilization code" is just a disguise made for the ppl who live inside the Netshere while in reality it is just a virus.

• No, it's not. The actual lore of the game, from Season 1 itself, states that the Netsphere was used as a testing ground for virtual space. It got used for wars and stuff too, but it was really for trying to emulate real life as much as possible, for research purposes. The comic does get that right - the point of the netsphere was for knowledge. That's why the Zerone Code, which was uncovered from an ancient civilization, was placed into the netsphere as it was believed that it was the key to finding out about that civilization. And it was, but the code was too strong and started altering the netsphere.

Yes, there are viruses in the netsphere, but because of hackers. Arcade covers that. Season 1 happens after Arcade.

• Sorry lads but ya ever heard about rebooting series and so on

The current devs have all the right to change whatever they want from the game's story

If for some reason they ever come up with "Season 2 never happened in the lore" then we are stuck without it

On top of that we never got any proper media about the game's lore until this point, just descriptions and descriptions within the guide that could had been even badly translated from the korean team

• if something was retconed, it is from the side of the kr team. The comic pretty much follows the text that is written ingame.

• On top of that we never got any proper media about the game's lore until this point

False. There were two instances, both during the time of Alaplaya. Aeria simply chose not to bring them over. They're on the wiki.

The first is the backstory, from the original dev team, about the Netsphere being a virtual reality, its use in wars, it getting bought up by a new company, and so on.

The second was during Season 1, when it was released there were news articles that gave more background to what the trailers already showed.

Rather than trying to excuse erroneous information as a retcon, it's more like the current dev team didn't do their research so didn't know that they got the info wrong.

It's better to expose this so the devs fix it than let them keep on making a webcomic based on misinformation.

• As i've said, if the actual company says it doesn't exist then it doesn't, i already know what "lore" we had back in alaplaya but not even them took it serious, it was more likely a piece of story to give the game some place. The webcomic itself doesn't need to be even related to the original story of the game if they don't want to to begin with, it's their own story about S4, just like Venom arrives in a meteor and in some other times hes a creation of O'Corp.

But i think that by saying "It's their own story about S4" we don't really have anything else to discuss. Their game, their decisions, if this is the canon now then we can't simply say "it's wrong" because it is not

• The webcomic itself doesn't need to be even related to the original story of the game if they don't want to to begin with, it's their own story about S4

And that is probably what will happen. The current comic just sums up the things that have happened so far. Everything happening after that point is most likely going to be new and progressing the main story further (unless they decide to do a flashback to a season but I doubt so since it will make the things even more complicated).

• The current comic just sums up the things that have happened so far.

Except that it got the "things that have happened so far" wrong.

And yes, we CAN point those errors out, because as you said before - they don't take the story seriously. They never have. They never will. So when those of us who actually do care about the story point out an irregularity, it should be fixed if they're even *trying* to make a proper summary.

I would absolutely love for S4 to get transferred to a dev team that actually gives a hoot about it, but unfortunately that won't happen. So instead, the least we can do is point out this team's mistakes in the hopes that they'll at least try to fix them.

• Except that it got the "things that have happened so far" wrong.

And yes, we CAN point those errors out, because as you said before - they don't take the story seriously. They never have. They never will. So when those of us who actually do care about the story point out an irregularity, it should be fixed if they're even *trying* to make a proper summary.

I would absolutely love for S4 to get transferred to a dev team that actually gives a hoot about it, but unfortunately that won't happen. So instead, the least we can do is point out this team's mistakes in the hopes that they'll at least try to fix them.

Could be what happened in that Story and that's it, maybe it was intended to skip some stuff you never know

• And yes, we CAN point those errors out, because as you said before - they don't take the story seriously. They never have. They never will. So when those of us who actually do care about the story point out an irregularity, it should be fixed if they're even *trying* to make a proper summary.

So from where they are supposed to get that story? From the wiki? That is not an official source. The kr devs most likely have also left them in the dark assuming anyone of them remembers it since their staff got changed several times over the years too so maybe they don't have a clue about it either. Maybe they have gave them the finished story in the way they wanted it to be. We will never know.

Like it or not, what is in the game listed as a story right now is the last word from the kr devs on the lore. Even if it is retconed and not just mistranslated, that is the way how they wanted it to be.

• So from where they are supposed to get that story? From the wiki? That is not an official source.

Like it or not, what is in the game listed as a story right now is the last word from the kr devs on the lore. Even if it is retconed and not just mistranslated, that is the way how they wanted it to be.

The wiki has quotes and videos from the official sources. For all intents and purposes, it IS official.

But that might NOT be the way they wanted it to be. They might not have realized they got it wrong. If they didn't intend to get the original story wrong, then this way they know to fix it.

• The wiki has quotes and videos from the official sources. For all intents and purposes, it IS official.

I woudl understand being taken from videos etc but not everything comes from the devs. Sometimes the publishers themselves affects/changes the story. For example we don't know for sure how much authentic is the story that was posted on the NA website before that version was canceled. Part of it could have been made up by Neowiz NA instead of coming directly from the dev team.

• For example we don't know for sure how much authentic is the story that was posted on the NA website before that version was canceled.

That version was never cancelled. That version is this version. The publishers got changed (or rather, Aeria got bought out by that publisher but the publisher chose to keep the name Aeria since it was more well known), but it's the same "version" of the game.

Seeing as the dev team took everything else from the Alaplaya era as canon and only that one part is contradictory, I'm pretty sure the current devs see that story as authentic, which is why I'm saying - the devs probably didn't intend to contradict that detail, which is why, if they're told about the error, they'll likely fix it.

The devs never retcon'd anything. That was never their intention. The intention of the devs now is to summarize the story, not rewrite it.

• That version was never cancelled. That version is this version. The publishers got changed (or rather, Aeria got bought out by that publisher but the publisher chose to keep the name Aeria since it was more well known), but it's the same "version" of the game.

I am not talking about aeria. Way before alaplaya added the NA server back in the days, there were plans for American version hosted by Neowiz NA that eventually got canceled. All what came from it was a website with a story on it that was never posted in any other version of s4.

• All what came from it was a website with a story on it that was never posted in any other version of s4.

Are you sure the Alaplaya version isn't that same version? Because I distinctly remember the game's backstory being posted on Alaplaya.

Also, do you know the url of the Neowiz NA site for S4? We can just use Wayback Machine to get that story if need be.

• Jesus, you're probably the only one who cares about the lore from eight years ago. We've got new lore that's mostly the same and cleaned up so this can be used as the foundation for further lore. Why make a drama out of this when this is actually the games least problem.

• Are you sure the Alaplaya version isn't that same version? Because I distinctly remember the game's backstory being posted on Alaplaya.

yes because I was even mad why we didn't get it on our version instead (unless you are thinking about something else)

Jesus, you're probably the only one who cares about the lore from eight years ago. We've got new lore that's mostly the same and cleaned up so this can be used as the foundation for further lore. Why make a drama out of this when this is actually the games least problem.

It is ok. That is what real fans do.

You should see the OW community. Getting mad over a mole on the new character.