Let me answer a few things.
1) Yes, it's up to us to provide the best service possible. However, this does not justify exploiting the game's weak points to gain advantage. Small things we won't punish anyone but the difference is VERY clear in some cases. And even when it's not, if you are actively trying to have unfair advantage, you are taking a risk.
2) I can't say much about security openly but I can tell you we are happier than before. Some of the issues we've faced were expected (as we switched to a new system, there was a period of adaptation) and there were other issues that had reasons other than Battleye's capacity. Extra information: It's up to us to decide on the security solution used in our servers, so this wasn't a choice by developers.
3) You can definitely suggest anime! I'm currently fixated on Netflix tbh and I was really happy to see FMA there (I haven't finished watching it... don't kill me) but it turned out to be only in German Sub/Dub : ( Anyway, just need to dig my crunchyroll account
4) People seem to have hated the ending of Altered Carbon. I don't know, I didn't hate it, I wasn't super disappointed. I wasn't super impressed either. Like Stranger Things and From Dusk Till Dawn (TV series adaptation) I kinda wish that it just ended in a single season but oh well.
Oh, then i have a question and some answers.
1) Does this mean that farming is legit, since the advantage you get is inexistent? ( I mean, you don't really get better gear or anything, it's just the rank)
2) Nothing to say here, i still think BattlEye is kinda better than the last one.
3) My suggestions for you are One Outs, Kaiji (yet the style can draw you back, the story is really good), Gantz and Inuyashiki. And if you didn't, definetively Watch JoJo's and Hokuto No Ken.