Weapon limitation room setting

• Should Multi-weapon game setting be in the game? 22

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hello all,

I was thinking and wondering a lot of what could be the cure of all the CPD rooms we see exist today. We all know its kind of taking over and it is not really nice to see. There are many weapons and aspects of the game which are underused due to game titles being abused.

I was thinking of a game setting which would spice things up a little. I call it Multi-weapon (On-OFF). The main idea is that when turned on, it will limit the weapon use for each team to be only 1 or 2 depending on the party size. Let me explain how it works.

If the party size is set to 1v1/2v2 or 3v3 and the Multi-weapon is turned ON, then every weapon can be used within a team only ONCE. The rule applies for each team separately.

If the party size is set to 4v4/5v5 or 6v6 then every weapon could be used TWICE.

This means if someone equips dagg,cs,ps, then within that team, nobody else could equip those same weapons within the same team. So you have to discuss with your team who uses what weapon.

Please note that this feature is optional for room masters to enable and by default it would be turned OFF of course.

Pros: It would help pushing people to the direction of wide range of weapon use, better teamwork, no more CPD rooms, no more BR stacks and stunlock(by many people)

Cons: Randomly joined people would have to pick the weapons left to use.

Please comment and vote whether or not you think this idea is good. I want to hear everyone`s opinion, and if you think its not a good idea, tell everyone why in the comments!

• Well the issue i see with this is: 1. It won't get used as long as it's not mandatory and 2. being put on certain weapons you don't like isn't exactly fun. Plus theres not a lot of weapons with movement speed like dagger, which for me for example is pretty much a necessity. I probably wouldn't stay in a room where i would be forced to use 3 weapons i never play, because all the other ones have been picked already.

I see your idea and i'd also like some variety, but not being able to play something simple like a dagger or a handgun just for the movement speed for example would already kill that concept. Also as i already said, if theres 20 CPD rooms before that changes, there will be 20 CPD rooms after the change. At that point, may as well just put on a game setting where everyone gets 3 random weapons assigned and good luck with those

• I totally agree with avenger (and Hella). In my opinion, the "cure" of all CPD rooms would be a true balance weapon. If CPD rooms exist, it's because of weapons that are broken when spamming etc.. and totally destroy the fun of the game. And, because S4L is a SHOOTER game, the melee weapons are balanced for the Unlimited Mode (example : CS revenge is very strong in OS mode but not in Unlimited mode). That's why I suggest making an OS Balance Weapon different that the unlimited one, and CPD rooms will disappear, boosting the diversity that offers S4L.

• I am still for fixed roomtitles that are not changeable. So everyone could play with whatever he wants.

Absolutely right, the real mandatory is the people who put room names like " No RG/Explo/Snip/Breaker etc." or only "CPD", in addition to these like "No F, F allowed"..

They are doing nice job as a team, but hopefully the mandatory of people gonna end soon.

• It would honestly be a refreshing rule. Though it won't be used sadly because it's a choice that everyone'll make. Even if the rule were forced onto people they'd make 12 or 16 player rooms with the title "3v3, 4V4" and lock the rooms after they got everyone they wanted. (Voting yes anyway).

I totally agree with avenger (and Hella). In my opinion, the "cure" of all CPD rooms would be a true balance weapon. If CPD rooms exist, it's because of weapons that are broken when spamming etc.. and totally destroy the fun of the game. And, because S4L is a SHOOTER game, the melee weapons are balanced for the Unlimited Mode (example : CS revenge is very strong in OS mode but not in Unlimited mode). That's why I suggest making an OS Balance Weapon different that the unlimited one, and CPD rooms will disappear, boosting the diversity that offers S4L.

Easy fix; delete CPD from S4. (Kidding really), but yeah I'm tired of people complaining bout the other weapons in OS. They complain bout Katana & Sig spam yet they have a CS to stop it. They complain about BR jump yet they still decide to keep attempting to turtle with revenge anyway despite that being the very thing BR is good against. They complain anything their setup can't beat instead of trying to adapt, and try a new setup. If only many of these people would actually try to use the new weapons at least for the sake of understanding why they work so well against their precious CPD.

• everybody can create his own room with his own rules if u want to play cpd join cpd room i u want to play with other weapons create ur own room and ppl who want to play with ur rules will join u , i dont agree with your idea cuz ppl gonna be forced to play with weapons they dont like and not good with.

• I just thought it would be a great addition which would spice things up a little. For custom games where there is a set team on each side, its a nice way of practice and to get used to a wider range of weapons.

It is the same thing as with st-2. Most ppl just don't what to play with anything else.

• everybody can create his own room with his own rules if u want to play cpd join cpd room i u want to play with other weapons create ur own room and ppl who want to play with ur rules will join u , i dont agree with your idea cuz ppl gonna be forced to play with weapons they dont like and not good with.

This, everyone get the right to play what he wants and makes his own rules. This way everyone gets happy

• It'd be SO GREAT if we had one.