Questions & Answer Session 3

• Hello. We were supposed to have a PM Letter last month. I prepared it, it was to be translated and posted... then things happened that made it pretty much irrelevant (the day of patch basically.)

We are figuring a few things out and as such, next or the following week you will have the PM letter or more likely, a Twitch session. The date depends on how soon we have answers to a few questions.

Apologies for the silence.

Hope we can have a post in the forum for ppl who like read instead of watch.

Also, i wonder if u can answer, here or in the pm letter, what do you think about 10 years anniversary event.

• Hope we can have a post in the forum for ppl who like read instead of watch.

Also, i wonder if u can answer, here or in the pm letter, what do you think about 10 years anniversary event.

For the previous Q&A's we had already the texts since we knew the questions ahead of time. This time I guess we can create one after the video : )

• How can that be cool? ._.

We are in EU servers, Germany.

no sorry we're not in Germany to be more specific it's a google servers

Hostname: 153.36.195.35.bc.googleusercontent.com
    ASN: 15169
    ISP: Google Cloud
    Organization: Google Cloud

and it causing a lot of lags maybe they don't have idea or they don't even care like always !

• the term of "not caring" is always used to imply that there are issues that weren't addressed or won't be. The developers are currently working on few pronects currently to improve some essential stuff. Regarding lags though, I got the impression that it's improved now.

• no sorry we're not in Germany to be more specific it's a google servers

and it causing a lot of lags maybe they don't have idea or they don't even care like always !

it's not about the server location or where it s located. Before the last portal update the network between the players was based on peer to peer which only shows the ping of the distance between you and the other player. But now it's not the same anymore, its peer to server to peer i guess, whatever the ping u see is the distance between you and the server then the other player,

That's why german players are crying about having 20ms to each others

Meanwhile players from America or Canada can't play anymore.

• no sorry we're not in Germany to be more specific it's a google servers

And what with that? Do you think google picks the location he wants?

• it's not about the server location or where it s located. Before the last portal update the network between the players was based on peer to peer which only shows the ping of the distance between you and the other player. But now it's not the same anymore, its peer to server to peer i guess, whatever the ping u see is the distance between you and the server then the other player,

That's why german players are crying about having 20ms to each others

Meanwhile players from America or Canada can't play anymore.

The relay server is only used as a fallback when all p2p holepunching methods fail. Join a match and open Process Explorer -> S4Client -> Properties -> TCP/IP and you should see the UDP connections to the players.

• nah chief, being cheap to maintain thanks to P2P played a big role in S4 not getting shutdown a decade ago. S4 is the only game that survived all the countless alaplaya, P7S1 and aeria service shutdowns, that's a huge achievement bro lmao

I've witnessed another Korean F2P game get completely ruined and abandoned after the transition from P2P to pure server-based in the name of "security", it was called Divine Souls and I still cry at night when I remember about that fun game lmao. The lag difference went basically from white to black, it became unplayable.

P2P = less lag. I'd trade the occasional cheater with having less latency any day of the week

• nah chief, being cheap to maintain thanks to P2P played a big role in S4 not getting shutdown a decade ago. S4 is the only game that survived all the countless alaplaya, P7S1 and aeria service shutdowns, that's a huge achievement bro lmao

I've witnessed another Korean F2P game get completely ruined and abandoned after the transition from P2P to pure server-based in the name of "security", it was called Divine Souls and I still cry at night when I remember about that fun game lmao. The lag difference went basically from white to black, it became unplayable.

P2P = less lag. I'd trade the occasional cheater with having less latency any day of the week

Especially considering how noticeable the lag already is even with p2p.

• Can we get a status update on the game besides "soon" and "security update" and the constant shady weekly maintenance?

Also, idr if it was in this thread or another but i F n O o N e A s K e D, we would not have known that there was a PM letter prepared but not released because the content was irrelevant?? We're already into the middle of October with another security update yet hackers still find a way to exploit the game the next day. Publish a PM letter anyway saying it had to be postponed and consider explaining why it became irrelevant. Aren't they are supposed to be informative monthly letters or am I wrong? And wth is a CM letter? more useless content in my opinion.. its "like" u give us more sales, more useless content or nothing at all

if no one else "cares" or wants to know, I would like to know whats happening other than the player base decline

please give us more sales, useless content or nothing at all!1!1!!!

• The lack of social interactivity at this point is hurting the game even more. The community is dieing for just something new even its a garbage skin cause we haven't gotten anything in months.

Yea yea you can say its irrelevant and all but still even shite is better than nothing at this point on.

• We all know what silence means usually in F2P games

That i would like to state, but a part of me wants to patiently and quietly wait for any updates, which to be honest at this point i'm losing heavily the interest in the development of the game and the current team.

I know things can get slow in a development status but that doesn't mean you guys can't update every 2 weeks anything done for the future of the game, it doesn't matter if it is just 2 lines of codes, for all i know we got some patch recently to help make things faster and easier i believe but this ISN'T the first time we get statement on "We will do PMs" or "We will do weekends of whatever". Won't blame that entirely into this new team but you gotta understand the situation that the players are going through.

The reason why i kept giving attention to the game and the forums was just a ball of memories, nostalgia, friends, new content and whatsoever but.. Theres none of that anymore. All i have is nostalgia for what the game used to be, but when i look at S4 it isn't the same game anymore on a superficial level, it's not fun anymore, it's not challenging anymore, people are always salty, you'll rarely make new friends because they are either farming AFK or tryharding to the point that no one can respect each other and have a decent match without trying to p*ss off the enemy team.

As i've said, everything is a rolling ball that's going pretty fast down the hill. If you won't give PMs monthly then don't talk about giving such monthly. If you are making progress show some screens about how you guys are sorting this out, don't just keep it in silence until some day it pops out as a surprise, because when you do there won't be anyone to surprise anymore.

• It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people take something for granted. Kara is the first PM to give regular informative letters (Dasher and Commander Mustache or whatever their names were also did some but not as often nor as informative, iirc. Correct me if I'm wrong here.). And as soon as he misses a month everyone loses their minds.

• Silence or not, it is either this version of the game or nothing. I am guessing technical issues. I won't be surprised if everything in the code is in korean.

hi came to ask how dead is the game compared to like 7months ago

byeeee & thx

(also this place seemed to be the mostly-activ-ish so i had to ask it here)

Probably better than expected considering it hasn't gotten any content patches.

• It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people take something for granted. Kara is the first PM to give regular informative letters (Dasher and Commander Mustache or whatever their names were also did some but not as often nor as informative, iirc. Correct me if I'm wrong here.). And as soon as he misses a month everyone loses their minds.

It's the facts that he uses the word " Monthly " meaning we have the right to expect something like that every month. Forget the old PM's or GM's those guys were never interacting with the community anyways and never promised to show something.

No one is blaming Kara.

I think as far as i know PMs were always meant for each month (Correct me if i am wrong) but i'm pretty sure we already skipped some months already. No, i'm not blaming that on Kara but this isn't the first time that around S4 statements are done and never accomplished, or at least not continued after a certain time passes.

I can understand if they run out of ideas or/and they don't have anything to report i guess? And that it is a bit of situational i assume.

• I think as far as i know PMs were always meant for each month (Correct me if i am wrong) but i'm pretty sure we already skipped some months already. No, i'm not blaming that on Kara but this isn't the first time that around S4 statements are done and never accomplished, or at least not continued after a certain time passes.

I can understand if they run out of ideas or/and they don't have anything to report i guess? And that it is a bit of situational i assume.

Well, I actually suggested to have a way more often communication (every week or 2) even if with very little to say instead of having a wall of text every month that will become obsolete for the time it gets posted.

• Well, I actually suggested to have a way more often communication (every week or 2) even if with very little to say instead of having a wall of text every month that will become obsolete for the time it gets posted.

Yeah i personally would had liked that more, even if it were just for 2 lines of code, knowing that progress is being made is enough to fill my tummy