End of S4 Love Story Video Contest

• But hey, they decide what to do and u cant do anything about it. I dont like the poll as well but since they chose it i will just stick to what they did. Stop complaining, no one will ever care what you want, same sh*t in rl. They lead the game since years and if ur playing it that means you like the way they control it otherwise you wouldnt be here

alrighty-then.jpg

• lol dude ur mad, i wish i can use nicer words to explain how stupid you are

I am calm just as I've ever been..but.. why are u insulting me for? Never said a bad for towards u mrs blondie, rude.. :|:| Do me a favor please and pack urself back to s4db where u belong if you can't be nice towards ppl here.

• I rather let only the staff vote so we can avoid the "i asked for my "friends" to vote me"

I agree, this way isnt very appealing ESPECIALLY since its a new forum with Very little active members and all the votes are from new sign ups from friends and support most likely from outside of the s4 community. everyone of my friends that voted for me at least play s4 with me.

Oh sh*t, you guys went so mad. None of you is participating to any event and then when there’s poll everyones crying about it, sadly u didnt get chance TO WIN A BIG PRIZE. I would understand if the prize was 200€ .. yall need to chillau. I did asked my friends to vote for me in a fair way, ufff and what now.. :D i didnt force anyone to vote for me, just asked them kindly as a good person :) :D <3 Also they liked the video Soo.. puhaha

this response seems a bit extra/defensive but I agree that these are the rules they made so all we can do is out best. its not any of the participants fault that it became a popularity contest.

• Its a very unjust method that is being used for this event and hopefully wont be used for the following events. Only those with friends and popularity win, when the real winner should be the people who get a spotlight thanks to the quality of their video.

Oh sh*t, you guys went so mad. None of you is participating to any event and then when there’s poll everyones crying about it, sadly u didnt get chance TO WIN A BIG PRIZE. I would understand if the prize was 200€ .. yall need to chillau. I did asked my friends to vote for me in a fair way, ufff and what now.. :D i didnt force anyone to vote for me, just asked them kindly as a good person :) :D <3 Also they liked the video Soo.. puhaha

I'm calling you out kiyandra because you are clearly going to win thanks to your friends that are helping you with the votes, I congratulate you since you have gotten yourself an unfair advantage against everyone else because of it, BUT that doesn't mean your video is the best or that it should win.

• please guys, we respect your opinions about the poll and we can guarantee that we will check the votes. Atm, we wanna try to do a test run with a poll and if it's not going as expected, we will refrain from using it in the future but it won't change now for this event

• I don't understand what is your problem guys. When they make a poll for the community, it is obvious that participants will ask their friends to vote for them so they can win. I can assure you that many people would do that and only because one of them got more friends that the others, so what? I don't see a problem with that. If you really don't want someone to win (even if you don't participate) you can always ask your friends too, to vote for someone else but the current winning person. (plus there is one trick to get more vote for one person but I am not sure how GM/GS will deal with this)

You guys are just slowly triggering each other so stop it before it gets personal and totally off topic.

• I don't understand what is your problem guys. When they make a poll for the community, it is obvious that participants will ask their friends to vote for them so they can win. I can assure you that many people would do that and only because one of them got more friends that the others, so what? I don't see a problem with that. If you really don't want someone to win (even if you don't participate) you can always ask your friends too, to vote for someone else but the current winning person. (plus there is one trick to get more vote for one person but I am not sure how GM/GS will deal with this)

You guys are just slowly triggering each other so stop it before it gets personal and totally off topic.

It ain't a problem, i just threw my opinion about asking for friends to vote you. It ain't obviously the most bad thing you can do in this world, but as i said, IN MY OPINION (i'll rewrite that in case someone else gets triggered for no reason for reading someone's opinion on the internet) It is more fair when only the staff can vote

What would you think if you were participating and spent more effort, time, etc etc than someone but this person is beating you just bc he/she has more friends?

Idc who have more friends, but I'm sure that what people is complaining in here is just to have a fair contest, not arranged votes.

• When there is no community voting = people complain

When there is a public voting = people complain

Some people will never be satisfied. No matter what staff does, it is still not enough.

What would you think if you were participating and spent more effort, time, etc etc than someone but this person is beating you just bc he/she has more friends?

You realize that this is just (probably) a bonus voting? The GM/GS might have chose already the winners. I dont know if they are gonna count this result to their or if there will be two winners but before you go and give to the staff a negative feedbacks, maybe all of us should just wait till the results are announced and then talk to them. Because it is not like they are going to change anything during the voting.

• In my opinion you can all say what you want but this doesnt promote competetiveness or hard work. Only people with fame and fanbase will win these which could be an awful art next to some other ones. Polls like this are not working out the way they wanted it to.

• the REASON its unfair and a ineffective way to do this isn't just because of asking friends, its because surely most of these votes came from people outside of the forums who don't play s4. random sign ups just so you can win from supporters who don't even watch the videos. That's what I dont like. If it was supposed to be a community vote then it should be required to at least log in with your s4 ign or something. Someone said they can just make a Facebook post and have friends come vote an that really ruins the whole point of the theme and contest.

• Kinda disliking how this is turning into "group A wants voting by comunity and group B doesnt want it"

I am kinda in the between, as much I enjoy to see this contents being voted by us players.... the problem is that... well... like the game, the forum also has way less users than before, and many of s4 players dont use the forums, ence making it easier for some to get a mass voting number by bringing in their friends.

-sigh- cant even think how to properly explain it, overrall, I wish this voting would actualy happen ingame so that every player could vote.

I mean... its like... country A is electing a president, it can be fair, but suddenly out of nowere one of the candidates brings in people from country B who can vote for him who turns into a large % the population of country A.

Yup, I am confusing to understand.

• Democracy is based on that, right? In the right to be able to choose each one.

• So what does he mean in this situation? That they must choose the winner and we accept the result?

Trial and error? :/

Just let them try this one, if it works to the negative side, then they can return to the old way or try something new.

Edit: And if they keep doing the same thing knowing its failing, just grab a torch and join the witchhunt.

• In other words, you want it so people can vote but we all know that it'll get abused just like every other ingame event

• In my opinion you can all say what you want but this doesnt promote competetiveness or hard work. Only people with fame and fanbase will win these which could be an awful art next to some other ones. Polls like this are not working out the way they wanted it to.

Pain is right, the people with most "friends" will always win this kinds of contests...